Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:32:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Bubble?  (Read 3102 times)
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 09:49:55 PM

If you look everything by this way, you can realize that almost everything is on a bubble, not only bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, a lot of financial systems like a lot of banks, governments, and a lot of bussiness are in a bubble situation, maybe we are on a bubble, yes, but this is nothing to care about at this moment. Just enjoy it and take as much profit as you can, maybe this is one of the last opportunities that you are going to have to make such that profit in less time than other investments.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atc1-REAL

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:56:22 PM

Everything has its phases of up and down and btc has shown itself to be resilient enough time and again, so it can be confidently said that its not a mere passing bubble. Sure, the prices swing, but which market doesnt? Calling it a bubble will be ignoring the immense potential it has,either by itself or the technology off which it is based.
_Dawid_

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:19:14 PM

Currently not really, but we didn t have any very* strong fundamental informations. What we actually got lately was an dimon OPINION. Which has tmporary impact. You can actually buy some things by bitcoin so  maybe it is not bubble?
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:02:44 PM

Nobody knows if we are on a real bubble, but i am happy with bitcoin because we all know that we can still make money from it, so i will not withdraw my bitcoins until i see a nice opportunity to sell them at a nice rate. Maybe i will sell most of them at $8000 or $10000, but it depends on the opportunity and how does it goes through the next months. I dont know yet, but if we are really on a bubble, the price will go much more than the actual price, i mean, this is just the start from the bubble that everybody is talking about.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:28:07 PM

Nobody knows if we are on a real bubble, but i am happy with bitcoin because we all know that we can still make money from it, so i will not withdraw my bitcoins until i see a nice opportunity to sell them at a nice rate. Maybe i will sell most of them at $8000 or $10000, but it depends on the opportunity and how does it goes through the next months. I dont know yet, but if we are really on a bubble, the price will go much more than the actual price, i mean, this is just the start from the bubble that everybody is talking about.

They said the same thing when it was 3000$, 4000$ , $4700 but it got sustained and even moved further until now  so what are they saying? Even if it's a bubble it will re-bubble after the first bubble burst. Haters will always be haters and bitcoin will always put them where they belong.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:32:12 AM

Hey

Well bubble here means something that is fragile and is initially big and suddenly it shaters all hopes by just disappearing into nothing...

I think It definitely is !!! Because right now people are investing and thinking nof encashing them out suddenly qhen the proce hits its Maximum value and they get their free bitcoin gold.
Events like this have also happened in the past this it won't be anything new if it continued to rise and decides to fall down suddenly, but if people held on to their btcs then after the hard fork it will be so much easier for everyone to be able to gain profit by timely investment but I don't think many people are going to hold bitcoins after that.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:24:47 AM

Hey

Well bubble here means something that is fragile and is initially big and suddenly it shaters all hopes by just disappearing into nothing...

I think It definitely is !!! Because right now people are investing and thinking nof encashing them out suddenly qhen the proce hits its Maximum value and they get their free bitcoin gold.
Events like this have also happened in the past this it won't be anything new if it continued to rise and decides to fall down suddenly, but if people held on to their btcs then after the hard fork it will be so much easier for everyone to be able to gain profit by timely investment but I don't think many people are going to hold bitcoins after that.
In bitcoin it is not called a bubble because it is called a volatility and that is what you need to do some research before comparing bitcoin like a bubble because the volatility of bitcoin is up to the people's emotion and that is not a kind or considerable as a bubble because bubble pops out even there is no cause or reason while bitcoin only reacts to the emotion of the people so that is a complete different thing between bitcoin having volatility and bitcoin being a bubble.
StevenRA

Activity: 92

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:39:06 AM

ICOs, yes. Crypros, yes. Bitcoin? Not necessarily. When the others do crash, Bitcoin is just going to become even more valuable. It has the advantage of being the first and the established one (and specifically less manipulated than Ether over the ICO craze)
triads

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:43:33 AM

It's definitely speculative.  But the term 'bubble' typically refers to something that is so far
removed from it's FMV, that it's prone to severe corrections that then stick (e.g. deflation
of the bubble).  The most recent drop to $3000 per BTC would qualify as such a correction.
But as we've seen, that did not stick as the new FMV. On the contrary, we've moved above
the previous high.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:45:45 AM

ICOs, yes. Crypros, yes. Bitcoin? Not necessarily. When the others do crash, Bitcoin is just going to become even more valuable. It has the advantage of being the first and the established one (and specifically less manipulated than Ether over the ICO craze)

Isn't the price of Bitcoin also heavily dependent on the price of other crypto currencies in the market though? I don't understand how a majority of the market can go down while Bitcoin is the lone survivor.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
koumpesbtc

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:56:19 AM

Bitcoin is not a bubble. The currency yes it has great value growth since its beginning but it was supposed to do so. We are talking about a new currency that was dropped in the economic world having the capability to be accessed by anyone everywhere, instantly. As its mining grew bigger and bigger (supply) so it were people that wanted it (need). Because of that its price skyrocketed, beside some normal corrections. What concerns me is what will happen when BTC reaches its mining capability. My projection is at that point the price will fluctuate for a wile until it fixes to a certain price with the minimum fluctuation as possible like all fiat coins. 

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol    
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:02:37 PM

The day bitcoin stops being a bubble, will be the day they the entire blockchain will stop working or would have been destroyed and since that day is not anywhere near yet, we just have to get to this kind of news because it will continue to come any time a landmark achievement is done when it comes to price. Why bitcoin is a bubble, is what I am yet to understand, because comparing it with fiat with relative stability is just not right.

I believe that fiat would have bursted if not for the support its getting from government agencies in other to keep it relevant but the moment they lost it, it goes into flame. 2008 comes to mind and Zimbabwe issue is still fresh in our memory.
altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:04:13 PM

yeah  a bubble.

at 5500 it was a bubble

at 4500 it was a bubble

at 3500 it was a bubble

at 2500 it was a bubble

at 1500 it was a bubble

To be fair in the fall of 2013 it went from 92 usd to 1200 usd

and by Jan 2015 dropped down to a slow as 180 usd.

So if it did it once it could do it again.
Maybe, but it does not have to be, everything is limited to what we believe in, and let's take a look at how bitcoin is now on the market.
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:27:37 PM

Wall street grows ever more certain Bitcoin is a bubble. I can't even say they're wrong. Flirting with $6000 per coin and low economic utility? For as dumb as Jamie Dimon sounds every time he says anything about Bitcoin, the tulip bubble analogy looks less and less inappropriate all the time.

In a note to clients published on Thursday, analysts at UBS took a long look at Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and the blockchain technology that underwrites this whole enterprise.

Looking only at pricing, UBS said that, “a twenty-fold increase in bitcoin prices in just two years, and an absence of any fundamental economic backing, cryptocurrency prices are almost certainly a bubble.”

Blockchain utility doesn't make crypto not a bubble. That'll be important to remember for people buying now expecting to make big gains at this cost basis, and there's real risk there.

Yeah the risk is always there and look on how Jamie Dimon is now going to implement blockchain technology to his JP Morgan Chase, is that a crazy thing right?

Not giving some ups to the original tester of this great technology which is bitcoin and even calling those people that are trading it as stupid ones.

I don't know what is up on the mind of this guy and he keeps on quacking about bitcoin, bitcoin might be a bubble before but I don't think it is now.

BunnyShibe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:54:05 PM

Bitcoin is not a bubble. The currency yes it has great value growth since its beginning but it was supposed to do so. We are talking about a new currency that was dropped in the economic world having the capability to be accessed by anyone everywhere, instantly. As its mining grew bigger and bigger (supply) so it were people that wanted it (need). Because of that its price skyrocketed, beside some normal corrections. What concerns me is what will happen when BTC reaches its mining capability. My projection is at that point the price will fluctuate for a wile until it fixes to a certain price with the minimum fluctuation as possible like all fiat coins.  
yes agree with you bitcoin is not a bubble. We have already passed from correction phase. In fact bitcoin is now introducucign troughout the world and more poeple are now taking interst to invest their money in bitcoin as bitcoin is consider as the most safe and profitable investment, the increasing demand of  bitcoin is in fact increasing the price price of bitcoin, therefore we can say that bitcoin is not a bubble any more.
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:36:47 AM

For me we can past the stage where bitcoin is a bubble. I remember when Japan just enter the scene, the price went skyrocketed and may said that its a bubble, well there's price correction after but its not a bubble and I don't think that we will experience again bubble in the history of bitcoin. A lot of investors already, no one can manipulate and burst the price. The attacks on bitcoin was quickly silent by its price able to recover in short amount of time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:25:32 AM

Hey

In bitcoin it is not called a bubble because it is called a volatility and that is what you need to do some research before comparing bitcoin like a bubble because the volatility of bitcoin is up to the people's emotion and that is not a kind or considerable as a bubble because bubble pops out even there is no cause or reason while bitcoin only reacts to the emotion of the people so that is a complete different thing between bitcoin having volatility and bitcoin being a bubble.

Literally that is the definition of what bubble is, and it seems that so many people doesn't understand the application of that term in bitcoin. Why would they say such "bitcoin is a bubble", why would they keep saying that? I've been hearing that term since before i started, always saying bitcoin will disappear immediately after that huge pump, but guess what? it was still at his spot.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:31:42 AM

The price is starting to get down again so this is the bubble? No bitcoin isn't a bubble, many times bitcoin has been told that it is a bubble. We know that it's market is unstable and decentralize so it can get up and low any moment from now. And what now if the people are hoping to get some big gains through bitcoin as it is really possible to make some decent gains here because we experienced it's for real.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
hpmp

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:19:16 PM

it is a bubble. Not at all, but partially - yes.
Many people buy bitcoin not as it was designed - as a payment instrument, but as some magical thing which price is constantly growing. After Bitcoin will reach some big price it will stop growing and will became just a good instrument of payment. At that moment we will see how big was a bubble part in it.
luckyguy09

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:39:01 PM

Bitcoin is in bubble. We just dont know what the correction will be.
$10,000 , $25,000 or $50,000. Smiley

Bitcoin is the new gateway for money to be safe. The more people trust it ans save their money in it, it will just grow.
The moment we will loose faith in it and believe that is not safe and start to cash out then it will collapse.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: