Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Bubble?  (Read 3105 times)
Zinkin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:07:10 PM

Based on my understanding of a bubble. As the term itself in its lifetime it has to "pop" that is in definition what we know of literal bubbles. For me Bitcoin is not a bubble in terms of it does not "pop", yes it goes down but it also goes up as well. A bubble cannot be known ahead of time as I have mentioned it needs to pop first. Until this bubble bursts, it is not a bubble therefore Bitcoin is not a bubble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcmmo9314

Activity: 220
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:40:40 PM

I do not think so. Bitcoin is the technology of the future, so many people are exploring and interested in Bitcoin, I believe in the future it will be used in parallel with paper money.
thefatman82

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:36:08 PM

Wall street grows ever more certain Bitcoin is a bubble. I can't even say they're wrong. Flirting with $6000 per coin and low economic utility? For as dumb as Jamie Dimon sounds every time he says anything about Bitcoin, the tulip bubble analogy looks less and less inappropriate all the time.

In a note to clients published on Thursday, analysts at UBS took a long look at Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and the blockchain technology that underwrites this whole enterprise.

Looking only at pricing, UBS said that, “a twenty-fold increase in bitcoin prices in just two years, and an absence of any fundamental economic backing, cryptocurrency prices are almost certainly a bubble.”

Blockchain utility doesn't make crypto not a bubble. That'll be important to remember for people buying now expecting to make big gains at this cost basis, and there's real risk there.
I think the Bitcoin is not the bubble after all, but we will all our power can make it die, this is only in my humble opinion you can disagree.
tony kurniawan

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:11:49 PM

Wall street grows ever more certain Bitcoin is a bubble. I can't even say they're wrong. Flirting with $6000 per coin and low economic utility? For as dumb as Jamie Dimon sounds every time he says anything about Bitcoin, the tulip bubble analogy looks less and less inappropriate all the time.

In a note to clients published on Thursday, analysts at UBS took a long look at Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and the blockchain technology that underwrites this whole enterprise.

Looking only at pricing, UBS said that, “a twenty-fold increase in bitcoin prices in just two years, and an absence of any fundamental economic backing, cryptocurrency prices are almost certainly a bubble.”

Blockchain utility doesn't make crypto not a bubble. That'll be important to remember for people buying now expecting to make big gains at this cost basis, and there's real risk there.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, but bitcoin is the global currency for the future. Eliminate your negative thoughts and take advantage of bitcoin in the future.
Aleh777

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:44:40 PM

Bitcoin is not a bubble from 2009 itsef it showed its growth. Prices are going up and down it is common in the  crypto world. Dont assume bitcoin is a bubble with current value. Last year end also it showed its tremendous growth. Once the market will recover no one stop the growth of bitcoin. Many people are now ready to invset in bitcoin due its growth. Always long term investment only gives more profit. Bitcoin has a bright future dont panic get panic just hold it with patience.
vivavivu

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:58:56 PM

Long time is over and now we can determine Bitcoin is a Bubble or not? No. Don't have clearly point to show that our Bitcoin now is Bubble situation, but they have control by some "whale", make value of them reduce so much.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:09:18 PM

The answer to this question is definitely no. The technology used in Bitcoin is very different, which will affect or even change the use of money in the future. There are serious fluctuations in price but these fluctuations do not carry a balloon. Of course, the only reason why there are serious fluctuations in these prices is the effects of supply and large investors. As this technology is widespread in the future, the supply will increase and the price will also increase significantly.
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:13:22 PM

Bitcoin is not a bubble from 2009 itsef it showed its growth. Prices are going up and down it is common in the  crypto world. Dont assume bitcoin is a bubble with current value. Last year end also it showed its tremendous growth. Once the market will recover no one stop the growth of bitcoin. Many people are now ready to invset in bitcoin due its growth. Always long term investment only gives more profit. Bitcoin has a bright future dont panic get panic just hold it with patience.

Price should not be the only pointer to determining if cryptos (or bitcoin specifically) are bubbles. Bitcoin and alts altogether may have had similarities to bubble structures, however rapid developments are chiefly responsible for the price dynamics. Adoption on the other hand is relatively low, despite popularity.  
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:13:27 PM

Bitcoin is not a bubble, the price of bitcoin increases and decreases. If it is bubble it doesn't show any changes, current situation is like bubble only but it will clear soon. May be from july itself the price of bitcoin starts to rise, last year also bitcoin faces the same problem but at the end of the year it proved its strength. Like that this year also we have a chance, dont judge with the current situation lets wait for some more time surely the changes will occur.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
JPS2K5

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:24:12 PM

Bitcoin is considered bubble for those individuals who are scammed because scammers used bitcoin for as a medium. Normally way back then in 2017, a lot of High Yield Investment Platforms (HYIP) just came out and a lot of persons was deceived and lost their money. So today, they generalized and consider bitcoin as bubble or scam.

Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:36:22 PM

Many people consider bitcoin as a bubble. Which means they thought like bubble bitcoin will spread and suddenly disappear. Bitcoin is volatile currency which means its price doesn't stable. Its price sometimes increases and sometimes decrease according to the circumstances. In 2017 Bitcoin price rises surprising. But in 2018 it price decrease constantly and because of this many economist claims bitcoin as a bubble. Because of this bubble think many investors doesn't invest in it for long term purposes.
didik12

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:03:53 AM

Many people said that bitcoin is bubble because sometimes we see the value is so high and a days pass we see the price is getting lower and lower. We know that price of bitcoin is volatile which means it is not a stable price. Being a bubble price other investors double think if he/she invest.

andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:42:51 AM

I dont believe cryptocurrency market or bitcoin is a buble. Cryptocurrency market cap right now below 500billions dollar and wall street market cap more than 21 trillions dollars. Comparing on that data, we already knew that crypto is not a buble and have opportunity to grow
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:06:38 AM

I dont believe cryptocurrency market or bitcoin is a buble. Cryptocurrency market cap right now below 500billions dollar and wall street market cap more than 21 trillions dollars. Comparing on that data, we already knew that crypto is not a buble and have opportunity to grow
The reason why people are saying that bitcoin is a bubble is because they are seeing that the price is so volatile like going up for 10% in just a day and so on and so forth. The overall cause for bitcoin to be called as a bubble is, the volatility with the volatility bitcoin is being judged but they didn't know that volatility is one of the most amazing feature that bitcoin have because it gives an easy way to make profit.
SIHIN

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:31:08 AM

The reason why people are saying that bitcoin is a bubble is because they are seeing that the price is so volatile like going up for 10% in just a day and so on and so forth. The overall cause for bitcoin to be called as a bubble is, the volatility with the volatility bitcoin is being judged but they didn't know that volatility is one of the most amazing feature that bitcoin have because it gives an easy way to make profit.
I'm sure why bother about bitcoin now, that is the effect of bitcoin price down now, just try bitcoin price up about $ 25000 surely people will be silent and praise btc, i think btc is very good and not bubble.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:57:05 AM

I do not think so. Bitcoin is the technology of the future, so many people are exploring and interested in Bitcoin, I believe in the future it will be used in parallel with paper money.
That is right. If it were a bubble, it would not have had such a huge market cap. It is one of the top spot for investment and has been giving people so many advantages besides easy money in profit.

This has actually made lives easy in countries like America and European countries where all those people who were previously unemployed due to the lack of funds and job opportunities have built their businesses by earning through Bitcoin.

mjaranzasu

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:04:48 PM

I'm sure why bother about bitcoin now, that is the effect of bitcoin price down now, just try bitcoin price up about $ 25000 surely people will be silent and praise btc, i think btc is very good and not bubble.

Yes, people always complains everytime bad happens with bitcoins specially when the price dropped drastically, this is the reason why they called it bitcoin is a bubble, yearly bitcoin increases and decrease price so we should be used to it now.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:43:10 PM

Everything can be a bubble.
The important thing is to make good money before it explodes.

yunzau

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:22:27 PM

yes the bitcoin is a bubble. because of its high value as an asset which differs from its intrinsic value.
udonmez

Activity: 686
Merit: 359

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:27:52 PM

I dont think that it is a bubble. There are lots of altcoin or token which are really scam and bubble but bitcoin is not one of them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: