Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:58:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Faucet + Coin Flip Game, Offerwalls, Mining, Unlimited Earnings!  (Read 1087 times)
Coins4Days (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 27

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 02:01:27 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 04:22:36 PM by Coins4Days

DOWNTIME WE ARE UP AND RUNNING! IF YOU CANNOT CONNECT, CLICK ONE OF THE LINKS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST!

Update 1/26 9:15 PM EST: We found new host that takes care of our needs. Now we must transfer everything over from the old host to the new one. Expected downtime: 12 hours max. Chances are this will take a shorter amount of time. Just being safe!

Update 1/27 9:45 AM EST: We are having trouble moving all site files. Expected downtime: 12 hours.

Update 1/27 10:15 AM EST: All we need is our new hosting provider to forward us NS information and we will be good to go. Expected downtime: 2 hours after this information is received.

Update 1/27 3:38 PM EST: I have been sitting in front of my computer since 9 AM trying to get this solved. To keep things short:
-The new hosting provider ended up being terrible.
-We are moving to Scala hosting.
-I will notify everyone when the nameservers are switched over. I do not have access to our domain registrar account.

Update 1/27 11:10 PM EST: The new name servers have been updated! Changes will take effect over the next 24 hours. There is nothing we can do to speed up this process, unfortunately. The internet must realize the change we made, and then all will be well. We should be fully up and running by the end of the weekend for all of you. Happy claiming!

Update 1/28 6:04 PM EST: We are still waiting for the name server update to follow through. It's up to the internet service providers, not us. We hope to be back online as soon as possible! This is the final step before that happens.

Update 1/30 11:13 AM: WE ARE ONLINE!

Coins4Days: Coin Flip Game, Offerwalls, Browser Mining, Unlimited Earnings!
Coins4Days

25% referral bonus! We love feedback, let us know what you think. Thank you and happy earnings!

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 10:03:08 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 03:37:56 AM by Coins4Days

Want to earn satoshi without claiming? That's easy! Here are the steps:

1. Grab your referral link from our faucet (http://www.coins4days.com/faucet/?r=[FaucetHub_Wallet_Adress])
2. Head on over to bit.ly and shorten your link there to track your clicks.
3. Copy the signature code below:
Code:
[center][url=YOUR_BIT.LY_LINK_HERE]▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
●║ COINS4DAYS ║ FAUCET ▼ BLOG |70| SATOSHI PER CLAIM ║ CLAIM NOW ║●
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬[/url]
4. Paste the signature code into the forum profile information tab of your account and add your shortened bit.ly link. Click the change profile button at the bottom of the page. You're done!

The more you post, the more clicks you will get, and the more referrals you will gain! People will click your signature more if you post in sections where faucets are relevant. Make sure to not spam. Give it a try and see how much you make Smiley

Changelog:

10/18/17:
  • Referral commissions upped from 20 to 25%
  • Minimum faucet payout was bumped from 15 to 20 satoshi
  • Maximum payout was bumped from 25 to 70 satoshi
  • Minum payout decreased from 3,000 to 1,000 satoshi

10/27/17:
  • Removed Coinhive's automatic mining feature. Coinhive will now only mine on C4D if you allow it to on our donation page.

10/30/17:
  • Claiming contest ended, an extra 95,000 satoshi was paid out. Thank you to anyone who entered.

11/2/17:
  • Recaptcha has been removed and replaced with Solvemedia.

11/11/17:
  • Our faucet now has statistics! Scroll down to the bottom of the faucet homepage and check it out!
  • A PTCWall and ClixWall have now been added! Let us know what you guys think of these.

12/03/17:
  • Removed zap.in's URL shortlink bonus from the faucet.

12/10/17:
  • We have now added a coin flip game to our faucet! Win up to 170% of your original bet. Try your luck Wink

1/7/18:
  • Nearly 57,000 satoshi paid out from the coin flip game!
  • We have now introduced browser mining to Coins4Days! Current payouts fluctuate but will always stay above 1 satoshi for every 10,000 hashes. You will earn 25% of all of your referrals withdrawn mining earnings if they withdraw anything over 4 satoshi.

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:43:33 PM

Always that I click on your site I see a threat message from antivirus, saying you try to run a "Miner" on my computer. Are you using that feature that uses our CPU power to mine Crypto-Currency (CoinHive)?

I think the reward is low for hourly faucet (I got 20 satoshis) and 1000 satoshis withdraw is too high, it will take several hours until we be able to make our first withdraw and check if the faucet is legit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 08:38:26 PM

Always that I click on your site I see a threat message from antivirus, saying you try to run a "Miner" on my computer. Are you using that feature that uses our CPU power to mine Crypto-Currency (CoinHive)?

I think the reward is low for hourly faucet (I got 20 satoshis) and 1000 satoshis withdraw is too high, it will take several hours until we be able to make our first withdraw and check if the faucet is legit.

Yes, we use Coinhive in order to help pay for faucet claims. The minimum payout is 20 satoshis, yes, however, if you click the three shortlinks under recaptcha, you will earn an extra 45 satoshi, guaranteed. You can make 65 satoshi an hour minimum (as of now) with Coins4Days. Check this screenshot to clear any confusion: https://imgur.com/a/UHmfO

If you click all three links every time you claim (this takes less than 30 seconds), you will reach 1,000 satoshis in a few day's time if you claim multiple times a day. Oh, and we are legit. Happy claiming Smiley

Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 05:09:10 PM

We have a contest running. 1st place prize wins a 50,000 satoshi bonus! Get your entries in before the contest ends at the end of the month! Check it out here: http://www.coins4days.com/faucet/page/contest

burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:16:37 PM

thank you for your share, i started to use your recomended faucets..
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:43:08 PM

i got 15 satoshi here XD
and please no more recaptcha i hate this and on your facuet i have to solve recpatcha 2 times so it needs about 10min on my end -.-

regards
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 08:01:16 PM

thank you for your share, i started to use your recomended faucets..

You are very welcome! We hope you stick around. This is just the beginning.

Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 08:10:24 PM

i got 15 satoshi here XD
and please no more recaptcha i hate this and on your facuet i have to solve recpatcha 2 times so it needs about 10min on my end -.-

regards

You earned the minimum reward because you did not click any of the short links. Taking an extra 30 seconds to click all three earns you a 45 satoshi bonus, guaranteed. Why does solving recaptcha take 10 minutes on your end?

Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 10:09:01 PM

Coinhive's automatic mining feature has been removed on Coins4Days. No more hidden mining! More about that on our donation page.

Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 01:15:35 PM

We would love to hear some feedback on the faucet statistics integration and the two new offerwalls. What do you guys think? How can we make things better? Let us know! Smiley

Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 10:32:34 PM

After 6 weeks of using Mellowads link shortening service, we have received a total of 20 satoshi in return. After sending multiple emails to zap.in and mellowads support, we did not hear back from either of them. We have no other choice but to remove them and their bonus from Coins4Days Sad We will hopefully be adding more shorteners in the future. http://prntscr.com/hinzg2

taiem1407

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:23:42 AM

good faucet but please remove the feature of CPU extraction it is not good when my machine is weak . thanks you
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 01:41:41 AM

good faucet but please remove the feature of CPU extraction it is not good when my machine is weak . thanks you

I am glad you like our faucet! We have disabled automatic Coinhive mining a long time ago. What is giving you a reading that we have it enabled on our end?

Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 11:09:05 PM

Geony and I have released our first game on Coins4Days. It is a coin flipping game. It's pretty simple, you bet on whether the coin will land on its heads or tails sign. If you win, you can win up to 170% of your original bet! It is definitely worth checking out. Claim some funds from the faucet and earn some free satoshi from PTCWall or ClixWall and you have nothing to lose. We have paid out 636 satoshi as of December 10th at 11:08 PM UTC time. It's definitely worth checking out! What are you waiting for?

We would love any feedback from you guys too!

Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 03:40:56 AM

Is there anything else you guys would like to see added to the faucet? We are looking for input from anyone. Smiley

Thomasio

Activity: 585
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 03:01:21 PM

Is there anything else you guys would like to see added to the faucet? We are looking for input from anyone. Smiley

How about answering e-mails?
How about fixing the website?

I have 2500+ Satoshis accumulated and when I click "withdraw", I get a huge, blank, red field laid over the site, where I can guess, red indicates error, but since there isn't anything written in that field, how am I supposed to know whats going on?
I have e-mailed you about this 2 days ago, got no reply.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:15:34 PM

How about answering e-mails?
How about fixing the website?

I have 2500+ Satoshis accumulated and when I click "withdraw", I get a huge, blank, red field laid over the site, where I can guess, red indicates error, but since there isn't anything written in that field, how am I supposed to know whats going on?
I have e-mailed you about this 2 days ago, got no reply.

Oh no! That is not good. I apologize for that. Send me your FaucetHub address and I will forward the payment manually. I will let Geony know to check the support email, he is very busy but he will definitely get around to it when he gets time. In the meantime, would you mind posting a screenshot of this gigantic blank red field when you hit the withdrawal button?

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:48:55 AM

The payout is not that urgent, as long as I can get it some time.
If you can fix this and I can withdraw the regular way afterwards, I would prefer that, because then I would know it will work next time.
Either way, I've provided my addy in the mail to support.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:55:17 AM

The payout is not that urgent, as long as I can get it some time.
If you can fix this and I can withdraw the regular way afterwards, I would prefer that, because then I would know it will work next time.
Either way, I've provided my addy in the mail to support.

That's odd, myself or Geony have not gotten any reports about this. Thank you for the screenshot. And yes, we will definitely work on you along with anyone else having this problem being able to withdraw normally. Do you have a FaucetHub address or FaucetSystem address? You can PM it to me on here if you would like, it might speed things up. Smiley

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:53:59 AM

I have an account at Faucethub, but as I said, it's not that urgent.
Believe it or not, I'm already glad I found this direct contact here, where I can get a reply, which is already more than ANY other faucet provides.
Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 02:04:47 PM

While I have nothing better to do and since you asked for it, here's a small list of suggestions, of what you could improve on your site.

1) Captchas do NOT protect against robots, just the opposite, they prevent regular users from using the site.
I'm not an expert in these things, but as far as I know, there are now Chinese workers, earning pennies an hour, solving captchas for a job.
This is where robots get their captchas solved and this is also why the captchas cannot tell robots from humans anymore.
Since these professional captcha solvers are WAY better in solving even the hardest captchas than any regular user will ever be, a captcha protected site will end up with 99% robots, simply because regular users aren't able to solve the captchas anymore.
I strongly suggest you find a better way of protecting yourself against robots, because using something counter productive, only because you have nothing better, gets you nowhere.

2) There are quite a few sites where faucet users can accumulate Satoshis of several crypto coins, like Faucethub, but there's one I HIGHLY prefer, which you do not have as a withdrawal option.
coinpot.co allows on site conversion of any coin into any other coin without any minimum, meaning I can collect there 5 different types of coins, convert them all into my favorite coin and cash them out without needing 5 separate wallets.
If possible I'd love if you could add coinpot as a withdrawal option.

3) There are a few ads that lock up the browser, not sure how to describe that.
Most times it's a voice with a strong eastern accent asking the user to click an OK button which will install some toolbar or a flash player or something, which appears entirely independent from whether or not the user has already installed that, where a click on "cancel" makes the button reappear faster than one can close the ad.
The only way I found so far, of how one can terminate that ad is closing the browser through the task manager, which closes ALL open browser windows.
Since I always have 20 or so browser windows open that's such a pain reopening them all, that I tend to avoid sites that have these ads, no matter how useful their other content may be.
I would appreciate if you could pay attention to what ads you accept and leave these out.

4) I'd apreciate a button "account" or something similar on your site, where one can see how many people have signed up through my referral link and how many Satoshis I got from that.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 02:20:33 AM

I have an account at Faucethub, but as I said, it's not that urgent.
Believe it or not, I'm already glad I found this direct contact here, where I can get a reply, which is already more than ANY other faucet provides.

Okay, that works. I have talked to Geony, he is extremely busy but he will get time to check that email on Sunday hopefully. But yes, you can always contact me here, I check bitcointalk daily!

While I have nothing better to do and since you asked for it, here's a small list of suggestions, of what you could improve on your site.

1) Captchas do NOT protect against robots, just the opposite, they prevent regular users from using the site.
I'm not an expert in these things, but as far as I know, there are now Chinese workers, earning pennies an hour, solving captchas for a job.
This is where robots get their captchas solved and this is also why the captchas cannot tell robots from humans anymore.
Since these professional captcha solvers are WAY better in solving even the hardest captchas than any regular user will ever be, a captcha protected site will end up with 99% robots, simply because regular users aren't able to solve the captchas anymore.
I strongly suggest you find a better way of protecting yourself against robots, because using something counter productive, only because you have nothing better, gets you nowhere.

2) There are quite a few sites where faucet users can accumulate Satoshis of several crypto coins, like Faucethub, but there's one I HIGHLY prefer, which you do not have as a withdrawal option.
coinpot.co allows on site conversion of any coin into any other coin without any minimum, meaning I can collect there 5 different types of coins, convert them all into my favorite coin and cash them out without needing 5 separate wallets.
If possible I'd love if you could add coinpot as a withdrawal option.

3) There are a few ads that lock up the browser, not sure how to describe that.
Most times it's a voice with a strong eastern accent asking the user to click an OK button which will install some toolbar or a flash player or something, which appears entirely independent from whether or not the user has already installed that, where a click on "cancel" makes the button reappear faster than one can close the ad.
The only way I found so far, of how one can terminate that ad is closing the browser through the task manager, which closes ALL open browser windows.
Since I always have 20 or so browser windows open that's such a pain reopening them all, that I tend to avoid sites that have these ads, no matter how useful their other content may be.
I would appreciate if you could pay attention to what ads you accept and leave these out.

4) I'd apreciate a button "account" or something similar on your site, where one can see how many people have signed up through my referral link and how many Satoshis I got from that.

First of all, thank you very much for such a detailed list of suggestions. This is exactly what I was hoping for - great feedback.

1. Well that sucks. Our script, FaucetCMS, has anti-bot measures set to catch fishy activity like this. This is the main reason why we have the withdrawal threshold set to 1,000 satoshi. It's low, but it gives us enough time to decipher whether that certain account is a bot or a human. If they end up being a bot, that address and IP are both banned from the faucet. I will look into other ways to protect us from bots and see where that leads.

2. Coinpot is extremly exclusive. I would love to have them added as a payment option but we are not big enough, not yet. Perhaps one day. Wink

3. Okay, that is not good. Not good at all. We do not want sketchy ads like that on C4D. Our only ad providers right now are a-ads and bitcoadz, so it must be from one of them. I can't want to say much, but I do think we are going to drop them pretty soon. These networks are not profitable at all, they are just there for CTR testing. Thank you for bringing this problem to light, but I am letting you know it is temporary.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 02:46:35 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 03:10:59 AM by Thomasio

Thanks for the reply, I like it when my input is apreciated.

About my point 1, there's obviously nothing to say against anti bot measures, but where they lead to losing real customers it really is counter productive.
Not sure whether or not you know, but captchas increase in difficulty for two reasons.
1) The frequency how often a given IP accesses a captcha.
2) Time of the day and day of the week, meaning the amount of overall traffic on the web.

This logically means, someone like me, going through 25+ captcha protected sites every 15 minutes will during daytime get to the hardest captchas within an hour or so.
Especially SolveMedia will come up with scribbles that are entirely unsolvable even for me with my experience, meaning at this time of the day, your site will deal almost exclusively with robots, because if I cannot solve the captchas, I assume nobody (except of robots with the help of Chinese professionals) can.

If you want a suggestion for a captcha that remains solvable, try what most other sites do by now: Offer a set of different captchas where users can choose which one they prefer. My favorite one is called "Geetest", because it's fast and doesn't increase difficulty.
It won't protect you from robots, but at least it won't prevent regular users from coming to your site.

Edit, one more thought: The BY FAR most effective protection is NOT using a wide spread protection that's in use by a gazillion other sites as well.
I run my own website, I don't have ANY anti bot protection on it, but I've never had a bot signing up.
Why not?
Because I've written the signup form myself and I've given the input fields for username, mail, etc. wild names that a robot doesn't even detect this page as a signup form.
I've seen the simplest protections, like "whats 2+2?" where no robot ever solved it, simply because the site itself holds the entire protection, without rerouting to a captcha service that is in such widespread use that hackers found it worth their time writing a crack for that protection.
Nobody writes a crack for a unique protection used exclusively by one single website in the world.
Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 01:25:06 PM

Wellwell, now you're doomed, together with ALL other sites using SolveMedia.
Right now ALL sites display instead of the SolveMedia captcha a message "client error 117B".
There's no way around it and that means your site is locked for now.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 02:32:22 AM

Wellwell, now you're doomed, together with ALL other sites using SolveMedia.
Right now ALL sites display instead of the SolveMedia captcha a message "client error 117B".
There's no way around it and that means your site is locked for now.

Are you sure? We have processed nearly 1,000 claims in the past 24 hours, if that was the case our claims for the past day would be lower. I just made a claim myself and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks for the reply, I like it when my input is apreciated.

About my point 1, there's obviously nothing to say against anti bot measures, but where they lead to losing real customers it really is counter productive.
Not sure whether or not you know, but captchas increase in difficulty for two reasons.
1) The frequency how often a given IP accesses a captcha.
2) Time of the day and day of the week, meaning the amount of overall traffic on the web.

This logically means, someone like me, going through 25+ captcha protected sites every 15 minutes will during daytime get to the hardest captchas within an hour or so.
Especially SolveMedia will come up with scribbles that are entirely unsolvable even for me with my experience, meaning at this time of the day, your site will deal almost exclusively with robots, because if I cannot solve the captchas, I assume nobody (except of robots with the help of Chinese professionals) can.

If you want a suggestion for a captcha that remains solvable, try what most other sites do by now: Offer a set of different captchas where users can choose which one they prefer. My favorite one is called "Geetest", because it's fast and doesn't increase difficulty.
It won't protect you from robots, but at least it won't prevent regular users from coming to your site.

Edit, one more thought: The BY FAR most effective protection is NOT using a wide spread protection that's in use by a gazillion other sites as well.
I run my own website, I don't have ANY anti bot protection on it, but I've never had a bot signing up.
Why not?
Because I've written the signup form myself and I've given the input fields for username, mail, etc. wild names that a robot doesn't even detect this page as a signup form.
I've seen the simplest protections, like "whats 2+2?" where no robot ever solved it, simply because the site itself holds the entire protection, without rerouting to a captcha service that is in such widespread use that hackers found it worth their time writing a crack for that protection.
Nobody writes a crack for a unique protection used exclusively by one single website in the world.

With the information you are providing, it sounds like the most avid faucet users have the hardest time with captchas. We don't want you to have to deal with those scribbles, they suck.

I have heard of geetest. We will not be using SolveMedia forever. Since we are a part of such a huge anti-bot network, I'm sure they are targeted a lot by many people. The solution is to use a smaller option, a smaller fish in the sea. That's a smart play for your website.

These are all valid points. I'm not sure when it will happen, but SolveMedia will be dropped sometime not too long from now. Thank you for all of this valuable information!

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 02:42:57 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 12:21:27 PM by Thomasio

Yes I'm sure, but I can provide you an additional information.
I'm running a webserver at a provider in Austria (while I live in Italy) to which I'm connected via VPN.
Now my provider doesn't like that, nor do faucet sites allow the use of VPN, therefore I haven't made a claim, but since the error message appears right on the frontpage of your faucet (where you have that SolveMedia captcha) I just opened the site to see what it shows and from there I can tell you, from Austria there is no error.
This means either SolveMedia has put me on some blacklist for accessing too many captchas per day or something, or SolveMedia doesn't like my Italian provider (Fastweb) anymore.

Either way, the problem has existed for me all day long, still exists right now, not only on your site but on ALL sites that use SolveMedia and I would really like getting access again.
I imagine even for you it cannot be the purpose of a captcha locking out one of the few really active AND regular customers you have.

Edit: It took me 8 hours sleep and turn my computer off to obtain a new (dynamic) IP from my internet provider and now it's working again.
Usually I never do this, I keep my computer on over night to run some cryptos mining, meaning my IP doesn't change.
So in the end this means, I just cannot remain as active as I was with faucets, simply because the plain amount of accesses to SolveMedia results in getting blacklisted.
(Wonder what happens to the poor customer who has my yesterdays IP now.)
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:03:11 PM

Yes I'm sure, but I can provide you an additional information.
I'm running a webserver at a provider in Austria (while I live in Italy) to which I'm connected via VPN.
Now my provider doesn't like that, nor do faucet sites allow the use of VPN, therefore I haven't made a claim, but since the error message appears right on the frontpage of your faucet (where you have that SolveMedia captcha) I just opened the site to see what it shows and from there I can tell you, from Austria there is no error.
This means either SolveMedia has put me on some blacklist for accessing too many captchas per day or something, or SolveMedia doesn't like my Italian provider (Fastweb) anymore.

Either way, the problem has existed for me all day long, still exists right now, not only on your site but on ALL sites that use SolveMedia and I would really like getting access again.
I imagine even for you it cannot be the purpose of a captcha locking out one of the few really active AND regular customers you have.

Edit: It took me 8 hours sleep and turn my computer off to obtain a new (dynamic) IP from my internet provider and now it's working again.
Usually I never do this, I keep my computer on over night to run some cryptos mining, meaning my IP doesn't change.
So in the end this means, I just cannot remain as active as I was with faucets, simply because the plain amount of accesses to SolveMedia results in getting blacklisted.
(Wonder what happens to the poor customer who has my yesterdays IP now.)

This sounds like a problem with SolveMedia, not us. The solution is to find a different way to prevent bots from claiming. People target the big companies because the most people use them. It sounds like we should find a service that fewer people use so it is not as targeted. I will post here when that happens. This problem is temporary. Thank you for pointing us in the right direction for this. Smiley

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 12:23:30 AM

Welcome.

Meanwhile I'm approching 4000 Satoshis and I still get error upon withdraw.
If I reach 5000 before the problem is solved, I'll get back to you here via PM.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 02:31:52 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:42:37 AM by Coins4Days

Welcome.

Meanwhile I'm approching 4000 Satoshis and I still get error upon withdraw.
If I reach 5000 before the problem is solved, I'll get back to you here via PM.

My partner Geony is supposed to check the support email tomorrow. He is dealing with a lot of things outside of our website at the moment, so I can only provide limited support. Sounds like a plan. Thank you for still using the faucet, you will get a payout. I promise! And about the problem, it will be fixed thanks to you bringing it to the light.

Edit: Is this your FaucetHub address? 19yeQ8u893ZpK3U2KMViHD98RWGzTV3h2y
If so, you forgot to pick your microwallet provider upon signup. I can get this fixed for you if you verify that this is your address.
https://faucethub.io/balance/19yeQ8u893ZpK3U2KMViHD98RWGzTV3h2y

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 03:59:47 AM

Yes it is and I did try to find that setting somewhere on your site, but there is no such thing.
Remember, above I asked for a button "account".
Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 02:27:15 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 02:43:29 PM by Thomasio

Since I have nothing better to do, let me give you a few more ideas:

1) A timed claim like you have, with one payout per hour is for robots, real humans need sleep, go out of the house frequently and miss claims.
I like far better the faucets that accumulate Satoshis over time, where accumulation slows down over time, meaning the longer you don't claim the slower it accumulates, meaning more active claimers will get more, but accumulation never stops.
It's like a ritual for me, every morning when getting up, with first coffee I click through the faucets and I ALWAYS go to those accumulating faucets first.

2) You have 2 bonus links on your site, where one can add 10 Satoshis each to a claim.
The first one takes 5 seconds and doesn't have a captcha, thats ok, but the second one has a captcha to solve plus an additional 10 seconds to wait.
If you calculate electricity for 15 seconds computer running that already exceeds 10 Satoshis, meaning this bonus is worth less than nothing for BOTH sides, because you only pay the energy provider of the user, meaning you pay, the user pays as well and the energy provider is the only one making money.
Fortunately for me I do have solar panels on my roof, but I guess that's still not wide spread.

3) I've added your faucet to my list including a link to this topic here.
http://www.piranhazone.com/index.php?page=crypto&topic=faucets
As mentioned above, I'd like to see a link or a button on your site that shows statistics about referrals.
Furthermore there's one feature on other faucet sites I like, which is a referral bonus independent from whether or not the others make claims.
Some sites pay not only 25% (or more) of whatever my referrals claim, but another 1% bonus on my own claims for each successful referral.

4) As mentioned above, I get my internet connection from Italian Fastweb.
This provider has far less public IPs than customers, meaning at traffic rush hours on the web they route complete blocks of a town, or in smaller towns even the entire town through the same public IP, similar to some kind of gigantic home network.
This means for me two things:
1) If during these times anyone in my neighborhood messes with his connection, the whole block gets blacklisted from captcha sites.
2) If anyone else in my neighborhood would like to sign up on your site, he cannot, because your site thinks it's the same user.
So the question becomes not only how to overcome the blacklistings, but also how could I refer my friends and neighbors?
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 04:05:27 PM

Yes it is and I did try to find that setting somewhere on your site, but there is no such thing.
Remember, above I asked for a button "account".

Try to cashout again now. It should work. If it does not, let me know. An "account" button with a little overview of your profile on Coins4Days along with referral information will be coming in the future.

Since I have nothing better to do, let me give you a few more ideas:

1) A timed claim like you have, with one payout per hour is for robots, real humans need sleep, go out of the house frequently and miss claims.
I like far better the faucets that accumulate Satoshis over time, where accumulation slows down over time, meaning the longer you don't claim the slower it accumulates, meaning more active claimers will get more, but accumulation never stops.
It's like a ritual for me, every morning when getting up, with first coffee I click through the faucets and I ALWAYS go to those accumulating faucets first.

2) You have 2 bonus links on your site, where one can add 10 Satoshis each to a claim.
The first one takes 5 seconds and doesn't have a captcha, thats ok, but the second one has a captcha to solve plus an additional 10 seconds to wait.
If you calculate electricity for 15 seconds computer running that already exceeds 10 Satoshis, meaning this bonus is worth less than nothing for BOTH sides, because you only pay the energy provider of the user, meaning you pay, the user pays as well and the energy provider is the only one making money.
Fortunately for me I do have solar panels on my roof, but I guess that's still not wide spread.

3) I've added your faucet to my list including a link to this topic here.
http://www.piranhazone.com/index.php?page=crypto&topic=faucets
As mentioned above, I'd like to see a link or a button on your site that shows statistics about referrals.
Furthermore there's one feature on other faucet sites I like, which is a referral bonus independent from whether or not the others make claims.
Some sites pay not only 25% (or more) of whateve r my referrals claim, but another 1% bonus on my own claims for each successful referral.

4) As mentioned above, I get my internet connection from Italian Fastweb.
This provider has far less public IPs than customers, meaning at traffic rush hours on the web they route complete blocks of a town, or in smaller towns even the entire town through the same public IP, similar to some kind of gigantic home network.
This means for me two things:
1) If during these times anyone in my neighborhood messes with his connection, the whole block gets blacklisted from captcha sites.
2) If anyone else in my neighborhood would like to sign up on your site, he cannot, because your site thinks it's the same user.
So the question becomes not only how to overcome the blacklistings, but also how could I refer my friends and neighbors?

Once again, thank you very much for all of this feedback. This is how we become better!

1. I am a fan of accumulating faucets too. I claim from moonbit.co.in from time to time just because it accumulates constantly. I used to claim daily because of the bonus. Look at their faucet and compare it to ours though. They are absolutely decked out with advertisements. When I hop onto that site, my computer starts slowing down. They have multiple pop-up/under ads there, and ads with sound. Slider banners come from each side of the screen. This is not the user experience Geony and I want for our users. It's overwhelming. We would rather have way fewer ads for a better on-site experience. This ties into your third point too. Our profit margins are way too slim to add an individual bonus for each referral claim like moonbit.co.in does, for example. This does not rule your idea out forever though! When our income grows, so will yours. Smiley

2. Well, to be honest, you kind of stumped me here. Even if it costs more to claim the bonus compared to not claiming, the computer is still on and running regardless, so you may as well click the links if you have the time. As long as our users keep using the bonuses, we will keep them up there.

3. Thank you for adding us to your website! I always enjoy seeing this. I hope you make some good commissions.

4. This is a good point. We want as many users as possible to join us because we want to grow. Let's say SolveMedia was thrown out the window and replaced with a PoW (proof of work) captcha. What is your opinion on this? Your neighbors/friends would not be blacklisted, this certain captcha would not be targeted because it's not widely used, plus I don't think it's really possible for a bot to get past it since it requires more than just a passcode to get a claim.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 06:04:36 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 07:26:53 PM by Thomasio

Yes, withdraw works, thanks for that.

2.) There are literally WAY more faucets than one can claim from, therefore I sort out those that pay best and if claiming 10 Satoshi extra takes 15 seconds, that's not worth it because in the same time I can claim 20 Sathoshi from 2 other sites.

4) Proof of Work uses CPU power, roughly 50 Watts for roughly 5 seconds the check takes, too expensive for the amount one can claim there.
I've abandoned all sites using it and apparently I was not the only one, most of those sites have noticed and switched back to other captchas.
Also it does NOT solve the problem of neighbors sharing the same IP.

On a general idea, of the by far best faucet site I know of, have a look at bonusbitcoin.
With setting "pay always the average", it pays 26 Satoshi every 15 minutes plus 5% of all your claims from the last 3 days every day at midnight, it pays directly to coinpot and takes less than 5 seconds to claim.
It has one popup every 3 hours or so, captcha switchable between reCaptcha and SolveMedia and pays a solid 50% referral commission.
It's a faucet I hardly ever miss, while I'm awake, even if I'm very busy with work (freelance programmer, sitting at the computer anyway) this one I claim no matter what, making almost 2000 Satoshi a day from there.

Sure that's still only some pocket change, but compared to the time it takes claiming, this one is the best and if I find a few more referrals it may actually ad up to a sum worth mentioning.

On a VERY general idea, you should forget the idea of a pleasant experience for your users, because nobody cares about that.
Aside of robots, which I will ignore for this point, there are only 2 types of users:

1) People like me, experienced with computers and the web, only caring about how fast one can get to the payout and how much it pays.
I really don't care at all how many popups you throw at me, I have a Logitech G13 programmable keyboard aside, where I have a hotkey for Alt-F4, shorting even that one to a single key.
I don't care how many ads you have on the site, I don't even see them, because I stay focussed on finding the "Claim" button in between the ads.

2) Beginners, trying to get into cryptos, claiming a few times, usually until they reach the minimum for the first transfer to their wallet, which at Faucethub is 20,000 Satoshis.
Once they get confirmed there, that their wallet is working, they will abandon faucets, because they will figure, it took them 2 dozen faucet sites and about 2 weeks of monotonous captcha solving work to make $3, which is less than the minimum wage in Bangladesh.
They never get the idea of building their own referral site, mostly because they simply don't have their own website.
These will care for easy usable faucet sites, but compared to what you get from frequent users, they are near meaningless.
I don't know whether or not you keep statistics about your users, but I bet you anything you like, 90+% of all your users will become inactive within a month.

This is NOT the case for accumulating faucets, because there you just don't have to be active, you spend once a day 10 seconds with them and most users will continue to claim from them way longer than from timed faucets.
I can tell, I have only TWO referrals at those moon____ faucets and those two users claim there so often that my 50% commission by far exceeds my own claims from there.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 01:09:44 AM

Yes, withdraw works, thanks for that.

2.) There are literally WAY more faucets than one can claim from, therefore I sort out those that pay best and if claiming 10 Satoshi extra takes 15 seconds, that's not worth it because in the same time I can claim 20 Sathoshi from 2 other sites.
This is true, many faucets have terrible payouts. I think Coins4Days is not that bad at all. I will compare us to moonbit.co.in. They are ranked top 4,000 in Alexa, while we are ranked top 500,000. You are a fan of the accumulating faucets, I understand this. Take a look at their claim rates though.
  • 2 satoshi every 5 minutes
  • 4 satoshi every 10 minutes
  • 4 satoshi every 15 minutes
  • 8 satoshi every 30 minutes
  • 12 satoshi an hour
  • 23 satoshi every four hours
  • 42 satoshi every day
  • 58 satoshi every four days
  • 67 satoshi every week
  • 90 satoshi every four weeks
They have ALL of those ads, but we still pay more every hour than they do. We pay more than triple on average. We have weighted claims, a few claimers get up to 70 satoshi in one claim if they click both links and get a lucky claim. The satoshi accumulates so slow on their site.

4) Proof of Work uses CPU power, roughly 50 Watts for roughly 5 seconds the check takes, too expensive for the amount one can claim there.
I've abandoned all sites using it and apparently I was not the only one, most of those sites have noticed and switched back to other captchas.
Also it does NOT solve the problem of neighbors sharing the same IP.

How does this not solve the problem of the same neighbors sharing the same IP? If the captcha is what's blacklisting the user and preventing them from claiming, if a captcha other than SolveMedia was used, the problem would go away. Each verification from PoW is like a special token. It can be solved from the same IP as long as it is solved in the first place. I am not 100% sure if this will be implemented though. It might be tested in the future to see how it affects claim rates. If our users stop claiming, we will take it off. Simple.

On a general idea, of the by far best faucet site I know of, have a look at bonusbitcoin.
With setting "pay always the average", it pays 26 Satoshi every 15 minutes plus 5% of all your claims from the last 3 days every day at midnight, it pays directly to coinpot and takes less than 5 seconds to claim.
It has one popup every 3 hours or so, captcha switchable between reCaptcha and SolveMedia and pays a solid 50% referral commission.
It's a faucet I hardly ever miss, while I'm awake, even if I'm very busy with work (freelance programmer, sitting at the computer anyway) this one I claim no matter what, making almost 2000 Satoshi a day from there.

Sure that's still only some pocket change, but compared to the time it takes claiming, this one is the best and if I find a few more referrals it may actually ad up to a sum worth mentioning.
I have used bonusbitcoin in the past. Upon logging into their site again, it loads very slow for me. They have ads with sound (I am okay with this kind of), two slide in banners/videos, two pop-ups/unders, and lots of banner ads. However, their payout is higher than pretty much every other faucet that is around. The average payout option is very nice. That's 100 satoshi an hour, every hour if you time it right. It takes a bit longer than 5 seconds because of the pop-unders, but it's not too big of a deal. 2,000 satoshi a day from one faucet is fantastic to be honest. We cannot match their claim rates. Not yet Wink

On a VERY general idea, you should forget the idea of a pleasant experience for your users, because nobody cares about that.
Aside of robots, which I will ignore for this point, there are only 2 types of users:

1) People like me, experienced with computers and the web, only caring about how fast one can get to the payout and how much it pays.
I really don't care at all how many popups you throw at me, I have a Logitech G13 programmable keyboard aside, where I have a hotkey for Alt-F4, shorting even that one to a single key.
I don't care how many ads you have on the site, I don't even see them, because I stay focussed on finding the "Claim" button in between the ads.
The main reason why I want a pleasant experience for my users is that is what keeps people coming back - user retention if you will. Our Google Analytics says for the month of January, only 20% of our users are new. The other 80% are all returning. This allows for slow, steady growth.

A lot of faucet owners skip dollars to pick up pennies. I have friends who own websites with 4+% CTR. This yields $1.00-$2.00+ eCPM's depending on the network. If your ad placements are optimized and your traffic isn't garbage, PPC will pay out a lot more than traditional CPM. I will have to disagree with you on this point.

2) Beginners, trying to get into cryptos, claiming a few times, usually until they reach the minimum for the first transfer to their wallet, which at Faucethub is 20,000 Satoshis.
Once they get confirmed there, that their wallet is working, they will abandon faucets, because they will figure, it took them 2 dozen faucet sites and about 2 weeks of monotonous captcha solving work to make $3, which is less than the minimum wage in Bangladesh.
They never get the idea of building their own referral site, mostly because they simply don't have their own website.
These will care for easy usable faucet sites, but compared to what you get from frequent users, they are near meaningless.
I don't know whether or not you keep statistics about your users, but I bet you anything you like, 90+% of all your users will become inactive within a month.

Even if 90% of our users become inactive within the first month (Google Analytics says otherwise), the number of new users will offset this. We have backlinks across multiple forums and faucet lists. Having a referral program takes care of a lot of the advertising for us, too. When users do leave, they are replaced with new ones. After time, we will have a large base of loyal claimers. This is what will help support the slow and steady growth.

This is NOT the case for accumulating faucets, because there you just don't have to be active, you spend once a day 10 seconds with them and most users will continue to claim from them way longer than from timed faucets.
I can tell, I have only TWO referrals at those moon____ faucets and those two users claim there so often that my 50% commission by far exceeds my own claims from there.

Moonbit.co.in does not have the best rates. I think all of their bonuses are what keep people coming back. If you have 50 active referrals and have been claiming for the past 100 days, that is a 150% bonus, just like that. I think people simply like the idea of not having a timer because it's different.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:16:20 AM

Well, ok, of course you have your own point of view and it isn't the point of your users.
Furthermore I cannot speak for others, I can just speak for myself and I can predict for you, what I'll be doing in the near future.
I guess it won't be much different for other users, but obviously I cannot be sure about that.

First of all claiming from faucets without having a large amount of referrals in your back is entirely pointless, because alone the electricity running a computer exceeds the value of the claim, therefore, once I've built a halfway good base of referrals, I'll be claiming precisely once a day, just to collect the referrals and transfer everything to my wallet.
That's why for me accumulating sites pay way more than you do, even though for someone spending all day at the computer, visiting your faucet on top of every hour, spending the time clicking through your bonuses, will pay more, it just isn't worth my time.
(There are sites paying 5 Satoshis once per minute, meaning you could get to 300 Satoshis per hour, meaning WAY more than any other site pays, but those I completely ignore, simply because 10 or 20 seconds per minute of my time is WAY to much for 5000 or so Satoshis a day.)
Furthermore these accumulating sites pay loyalty bonus, referral bonus not only in % of their claims, but also 1% per referral on my own claims, plus a "mystery bonus", meaning from an accumulating faucet, IFFFF I get to 100 referrals and 100 days loyalty, I can claim 80 - 120 Satoshi in 10 seconds, once a day PLUS my referral commissions and that then summons up to a value worth claiming.

I do realize that my way of doing this is an extreme form of Ponzi scheme, because if everyone was doing like I do, you'd have to increase the amount of active customers 10fold every month and you'd exceed the worlds population by the end of the year, but then, this is my point of view, the view of a customer.

In the end I don't really know what I should recommend for you, I guess I shouldn't even try.
I give you my customers point of view, what you make out of that is up to you and whether or not I will keep using your site is then my decision.
For the moment I'm fine with your site and I give you a great deal of gratitude for being the ONLY faucet site where I have a personal contact, which (to me) is worth way more than a higher payout.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:53:59 AM

Well, ok, of course you have your own point of view and it isn't the point of your users.
Furthermore I cannot speak for others, I can just speak for myself and I can predict for you, what I'll be doing in the near future.
I guess it won't be much different for other users, but obviously I cannot be sure about that.
Even though I am a faucet owner, I claim from other faucets too. Why? Just to see where my referral statistics are. Since I'm already on the site, I may as well. I dislike faucets with a lot of ads, that's just me. So, I will try to keep my faucet the way I would like to see it if I was a customer. People who don't mind a lot of ads will come anyway.

First of all claiming from faucets without having a large amount of referrals in your back is entirely pointless, because alone the electricity running a computer exceeds the value of the claim, therefore, once I've built a halfway good base of referrals, I'll be claiming precisely once a day, just to collect the referrals and transfer everything to my wallet.
That's why for me accumulating sites pay way more than you do, even though for someone spending all day at the computer, visiting your faucet on top of every hour, spending the time clicking through your bonuses, will pay more, it just isn't worth my time.
(There are sites paying 5 Satoshis once per minute, meaning you could get to 300 Satoshis per hour, meaning WAY more than any other site pays, but those I completely ignore, simply because 10 or 20 seconds per minute of my time is WAY to much for 5000 or so Satoshis a day.)
Furthermore these accumulating sites pay loyalty bonus, referral bonus not only in % of their claims, but also 1% per referral on my own claims, plus a "mystery bonus", meaning from an accumulating faucet, IFFFF I get to 100 referrals and 100 days loyalty, I can claim 80 - 120 Satoshi in 10 seconds, once a day PLUS my referral commissions and that then summons up to a value worth claiming.
Your first point is true. I will speak from my perspective: I do not turn on my computer or laptop to claim from faucets and then turn it off. I am on my laptop more than my desktop. If I am surfing the web on my laptop, I may as well go spend a few seconds and claim from some faucets, because it's already on, and why not?

The sites that pay 5 satoshi a minute are annoying. They have a required link shortener, lots of pop-ups, and sketchy ads. But, since users can make unlimited earnings, perhaps they don't care about that? It would be hard for me to claim once a minute for every hour, my attention span would not last that long.

The loyalty/referral bonuses are where it's AT for faucets. I would love to add them on Coins4Days, but I cannot afford that yet. This is something that will be implemented way down the road. The more we make, the more we can share with the users. Smiley

I do realize that my way of doing this is an extreme form of Ponzi scheme, because if everyone was doing like I do, you'd have to increase the amount of active customers 10fold every month and you'd exceed the worlds population by the end of the year, but then, this is my point of view, the view of a customer.
I'm sure there are many people that try this, but it's hard to find referrals for faucets in my opinion. People already use most of the good ones, so it's hard to find referrals because all of your claimers are already on other faucets. The trick is to find a new faucet that you think will do well. If you get in early, you will prosper more. I can understand how you look at it as a pomzi scheme, but since you're not paying anything, it's not. Nothing wrong with building some referral downlines Grin

In the end I don't really know what I should recommend for you, I guess I shouldn't even try.
I give you my customers point of view, what you make out of that is up to you and whether or not I will keep using your site is then my decision.
For the moment I'm fine with your site and I give you a great deal of gratitude for being the ONLY faucet site where I have a personal contact, which (to me) is worth way more than a higher payout.
You should definitely try to recommend things and give me suggestions man. I love feedback, especially when the feedback is well-thought and creates good conversation! We use a script for our faucet, FaucetCMS. I forwarded all of your replies to him and he plans to implement some of your ideas in the future. I look forward to when that happens! I appreciate the suggestions, remember that. Thank you for the gratitude, too. I'm glad you found Coins4Days and this thread!

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 03:47:17 AM

Well, it's 4:30am here, so just a short answer for now, but as you might have figured by now, asking my opinion may get a complete book in response, so I'll write more tomorrow (ermmmm ...... later today).

The orginial idea of a Ponzi is based on everybody paying something, but for the underlaying problem it makes no difference.
If getting a sufficient amount of Satoshis from a faucet requires getting 10+ referrals in, you'll run out of potential customers, because it exceeds the worlds population.

Not finding new referrals isn't a problem for now, all you need is your own website and a good reputation in some crypto related forums, there are more than plenty of newbies coming into the forums these days so that one single posting in a halfway big forum will get me at least 5 referrals, but of course not for every site, but in total for all the sites on my list.

A problem (and another suggestion of mine) would be, make a faucet for a less valuable coin, with a lower transferral free.
I collect Dogecoins (and I trade everything I can get for Dogecoins), simply because that's so much easier, faster and cheaper to trade than BTC.
Also in the Doge community there are WAY more newbies potentially interested in claiming from faucets, that one I know for sure, because the ratio of how often I find a referral for a Doge faucet is 5 times greater than the referrals I find for ALL other coins combined.

..... more tomorrow.

Edit: I ment to make another claim from your site before going to bed, but apparently I cannot, the captcha field doesn't show up above the claim button, refreshing the page 10 times doesn't work either.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:01:05 AM

Well, it's 4:30am here, so just a short answer for now, but as you might have figured by now, asking my opinion may get a complete book in response, so I'll write more tomorrow (ermmmm ...... later today).
It's 11:02 PM as I write this. I thoroughly enjoy your conversation. Smiley

The orginial idea of a Ponzi is based on everybody paying something, but for the underlaying problem it makes no difference.
If getting a sufficient amount of Satoshis from a faucet requires getting 10+ referrals in, you'll run out of potential customers, because it exceeds the worlds population.
If you can find ten referrals who claim from 3-4 faucets 3-4 times a day, that will add up. Find ten more, now you're at 20. 20 claimers, 3-4 faucets, 3-4 times a day, each faucet. Strength in numbers.

Not finding new referrals isn't a problem for now, all you need is your own website and a good reputation in some crypto related forums, there are more than plenty of newbies coming into the forums these days so that one single posting in a halfway big forum will get me at least 5 referrals, but of course not for every site, but in total for all the sites on my list.

A problem (and another suggestion of mine) would be, make a faucet for a less valuable coin, with a lower transferral free.
I collect Dogecoins (and I trade everything I can get for Dogecoins), simply because that's so much easier, faster and cheaper to trade than BTC.

Also in the Doge community there are WAY more newbies potentially interested in claiming from faucets, that one I know for sure, because the ratio of how often I find a referral for a Doge faucet is 5 times greater than the referrals I find for ALL other coins combined.
This is some very good input. When Coins4Days is fully up, running, and profitable, I don't see why Geony and I should not start another faucet, but this time, with Dogecoin. I like Dogecoin too. I used to mine on my R9 270's and I made $8 a day. We sent Josh Wise to Talladega!
..... more tomorrow.
Sounds good! Grin

Edit: I ment to make another claim from your site before going to bed, but apparently I cannot, the captcha field doesn't show up above the claim button, refreshing the page 10 times doesn't work either.

I was messing with some faucet settings, try again now. Should be all good to go!

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 01:11:07 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 01:23:43 PM by Thomasio

Good morning Wink

Now let me see what else to add to last nights post ......

If you can find ten referrals ...

..... then the next user has to find other 10 or give up on faucets.
A month later the total amount of users has increased 10 fold.
A month later the total amount of users has increased 10 fold AGAIN.
A year later the amount of users required to keep existing users happy exceeds the worlds population.

Why would there be a problem with a loyalty bonus?
All you have to do is lower the claim amount for new users and add what you save there in loyalty bonus for others.
I have no clue about the relation, but I would guess, to make a 1% per day loyalty bonus it would already be enough to reduce the base claim from +/- 15 Satoshis to 12 or 13.
The idea of "affording" a loyalty bonus only after the faucet is profitable is the same what electricity providers do, offering new customers way cheaper prices than loyal customers, making customers switch provider every year, rather than building a base of loyal customers.
It's as absurd as it gets, because the ONLY thing that does is opening a business opportunity for price comparison websites, where obviously the consumers pay the price of those sites, meaning in the end prices for EVERYONE are higher than they would be with a loyalty bonus and profits for all providers are lower.

..... more later, right now I got on your site into one of those browser locking ads and I have to terminate all browser windows to close that.
Be back later.
Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 01:35:50 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 10:27:09 PM by Thomasio

Ok, here we go, next I have a question, maybe a stupid one, but I can't make sense of it anyway.

Since your profit depends on how many users you can show the ads on your site, what sense is there in limiting how often a user can watch those ads?
I believe I understand the motive of sites that allow you to claim once a minute, they simply do not limit how often users can watch ads and thereby increase their own profit.

What I do not understand is, why allowing more frequent claims must always go along with lower claim amounts.
IFFFF what you get is relative to the amount of users watching your ads and NOT limited to how often the same user watches a given ad, then the amount of Satoshis you can pay for watching the ads can remain the same, no matter how often you allow a claim.

Not sure where I saw that or whether that's the "normal" price, but I've seen somewhere a price of these ads of $0.50 per 1000 impressions.
By a rough estimate I'd say you have 10 - 20 ads on your site, where one has to go through to get to a claim, meaning you get $5 - $10 per 1000 impressions, for this example let's just calculate with 10.
If I calculate the +/- 35 Satoshis you pay per claim (including the two bonuses), that would even match, because that's roughly $4 per 1000 impressions you pay to your users, meaning you keep 20%.

But then I still don't understand why you limit that to once an hour and/or reduce the claim amount upon shorter timing.

Edit, update: Here we go again, client error 117B
Took just over 1 day before SolveMedia again believes I shall be a robot for nothing more than me accessing too many captcha protected sites.
Since the solution appears to be turning my computer off for some 8 hours that simply means, I won't claim from your site at least for the rest of today and very likely not for the rest of the week, simply because turning my miner off for 8 hours loses WAY more money than I could gain by having access to your faucet.

Wonder whether or not it will ever occur to SolveMedia that multiple accesses to captchas from the same IP address might be simply a whole town having the same IP due to a shortage in IPv4 addresses.

Fortunately 90% of all faucet sites do not use SolveMedia anymore or at least offer a choice of captchas, meaning I can still go on with the remaining sites, but for you it means, one active customer less for a while.

Another edit: There's a good thing in anything I guess.
Power out in my street past sundown and longer than my UPS could handle ment my PC was offline for 2 hours, meaning I got a new IP and SolveMedia works again.
It's still a pain, but for the moment I take it.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:49:00 AM
Merited by Welsh (2), bill gator (1)

Ok, here we go, next I have a question, maybe a stupid one, but I can't make sense of it anyway.

Since your profit depends on how many users you can show the ads on your site, what sense is there in limiting how often a user can watch those ads?
I believe I understand the motive of sites that allow you to claim once a minute, they simply do not limit how often users can watch ads and thereby increase their own profit.
Many networks only count "x" amount of unique impressions a day. A-ads, for example, only counts one unique impression every 24 hours, but only if that certain user did not see any other a-ads banners on any other website in the past 24 hours. They pay a very nice CPM rate, but that is only because they count unique impressions that special way. I will be transparent here because why not, right? We process a little over 1,000 claims a day as of today. Since those claims are all spaced at least one hour apart from the last from the same person, many (all) networks we use count all raw impressions because they are not too squished together. Many networks will stop showing ads to one IP if that IP gets too many impressions because they think you are trying to farm statistics. Some networks (PTP sites) count all traffic, but they show ads that are malware, give redirects, hijack browsers, etc. They are not worth using.

What I do not understand is, why allowing more frequent claims must always go along with lower claim amounts.
IFFFF what you get is relative to the amount of users watching your ads and NOT limited to how often the same user watches a given ad, then the amount of Satoshis you can pay for watching the ads can remain the same, no matter how often you allow a claim.
If a faucet owner is using a network and they only count two impressions for every three claims a user makes, they will lose money.

Not sure where I saw that or whether that's the "normal" price, but I've seen somewhere a price of these ads of $0.50 per 1000 impressions.
By a rough estimate I'd say you have 10 - 20 ads on your site, where one has to go through to get to a claim, meaning you get $5 - $10 per 1000 impressions, for this example let's just calculate with 10.
If I calculate the +/- 35 Satoshis you pay per claim (including the two bonuses), that would even match, because that's roughly $4 per 1000 impressions you pay to your users, meaning you keep 20%.
I would LOVE if we were paid $0.50 for 1,000 impressions for each ad. That would be incredible Grin Faucet traffic is inexpensive.
One: because they are incentivized to come to the website.
Two: they are more often than not from tier three traffic countries.
For example: 1,000 USA impressions are worth a lot more than 1,000 India based impressions.

For our traffic, advertisers will pay $0.001 - $0.004 CPM. This means they will pay that much per 1,000 raw impressions. It's so cheap because of the geo-location our users are located. Because of this, we use Pay-Per-Click ads. Advertising networks will pay us $0.03 - $0.07 per click for each ad. If we have a bunch of ads, the user will get overwhelmed and not click anything. However, with fewer ads, something might catch their attention and they will click. If just 1-2% of our users clicked an ad when they visited, we would be able to raise the claim amount like CRAZY. 1-2% of 1,000 is 10-20. If we are paid $0.04 per click, that would be $0.40-$0.80 per 1,000 impressions, for each ad. We have five banner ads as of now. That would mean minimum $2 eCPM (effective cost per mille) for 1,000 impressions with all ads combined. We have around .1-.4% of our users clicking on each ad, it depends on which ad.

Since that includes all five banners, every 200 claims would equal 1,000 banner hits. So, for every 1,000 claims, we would be making ten dollars. This is nearly 80,000 satoshi at the time of writing. If only this was the case.

With our current ads, networks, and Alexa ranking, our eCPM for all 5 ads combined is a $0.45 - $0.52. We are paying out 25,000 satoshi a day. 25,000 satoshi = $3.21 as of today. We are bringing in, best case scenario, $2 a day with ads. We are running at a loss as of now. We have a rough roadmap to hopefully make this change in the future. Running a faucet is not easy because the profit margins simply are not there for new faucets. You need a high alexa ranking to get into new networks, you have to monetize with more than just ads... There's a lot to it, every little bit helps.
But then I still don't understand why you limit that to once an hour and/or reduce the claim amount upon shorter timing.
Answered above Smiley

Edit, update: Here we go again, client error 117B
Took just over 1 day before SolveMedia again believes I shall be a robot for nothing more than me accessing too many captcha protected sites.
Since the solution appears to be turning my computer off for some 8 hours that simply means, I won't claim from your site at least for the rest of today and very likely not for the rest of the week, simply because turning my miner off for 8 hours loses WAY more money than I could gain by having access to your faucet.

Wonder whether or not it will ever occur to SolveMedia that multiple accesses to captchas from the same IP address might be simply a whole town having the same IP due to a shortage in IPv4 addresses.

Fortunately 90% of all faucet sites do not use SolveMedia anymore or at least offer a choice of captchas, meaning I can still go on with the remaining sites, but for you it means, one active customer less for a while.

Another edit: There's a good thing in anything I guess.
Power out in my street past sundown and longer than my UPS could handle ment my PC was offline for 2 hours, meaning I got a new IP and SolveMedia works again.
It's still a pain, but for the moment I take it.

Would it be better if we had both recaptcha and solvemedia enabled on Coins4Days? You would only have to complete one to claim. I applied to become a part of bitcaptcha.io, this would remove the problem completely. The owner of the site has been a little inactive recently, but I do hope he comes back because this could be a solution. Out of curiosity, what coin do you mine / what cards do you mine with? I mine the cryptonight on Nicehash with an i7-4770k, two R9 270's and one R9 390.

Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:55:29 AM

Good morning Wink

Now let me see what else to add to last nights post ......

If you can find ten referrals ...

..... then the next user has to find other 10 or give up on faucets.
A month later the total amount of users has increased 10 fold.
A month later the total amount of users has increased 10 fold AGAIN.
A year later the amount of users required to keep existing users happy exceeds the worlds population.

Why would there be a problem with a loyalty bonus?
All you have to do is lower the claim amount for new users and add what you save there in loyalty bonus for others.
I have no clue about the relation, but I would guess, to make a 1% per day loyalty bonus it would already be enough to reduce the base claim from +/- 15 Satoshis to 12 or 13.
The idea of "affording" a loyalty bonus only after the faucet is profitable is the same what electricity providers do, offering new customers way cheaper prices than loyal customers, making customers switch provider every year, rather than building a base of loyal customers.
It's as absurd as it gets, because the ONLY thing that does is opening a business opportunity for price comparison websites, where obviously the consumers pay the price of those sites, meaning in the end prices for EVERYONE are higher than they would be with a loyalty bonus and profits for all providers are lower.

..... more later, right now I got on your site into one of those browser locking ads and I have to terminate all browser windows to close that.
Be back later.

Are you visiting Coins4Days on mobile or your computer when you get those browser locking ads? If you can, could you copy the URL and paste it here, and/or take a screenshot of the ad? I'm not sure what network does this.

The faucet script we use does not offer the option of loyalty bonuses, but this option is definitely possible in the future. Our lowest claim is currently at 13 satoshi, we would have to lower it more in order to balance the bonus out. I do think this would attract more users, but since we are already growing now (and we are operating at a loss), I am comfortable with not having that option as of now. However, since I am an advocate for increasing claims when I can afford it, something like this will most likely be implemented later.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:27:13 AM

Woah, loads of stuff .... I'll try to answer without quotes from you, or else it would become a book.

First of all thanks for the transparency, I love it when businesses treat their customers fair and show how they are doing so, a really rare thing nowadays.

Little side thought, maybe not really fair towards the ads, but I can't help thinking that way.
Does alone a click on an ad already pay you, independent of how long the one clicking an ad stays on the site it leads to?
I mean clicking 5 ads and closing each site right away takes what? 5 seconds?
For multiple times the payout, I'd do that with every single claim, no problem for me, actually much easier than clicking 2 bonus links with pages full of ads where I'm forced to wait 5 - 10 seconds each.

Yes, a combination of reCaptcha and SolveMedia, where I can choose which one to solve would solve the problem for me, at least for the moment, or at least it would make things a little bit easier.
At times reCaptcha is a pain as well, because it smoothly works exclusively in Chrome and even in Chrome at traffic rush hour those captchas become extremely time consuming, where I have to solve 10+ consecutive captchas before it will let me through.
That's why during daytime my time (which is apparently the traffic rush hour) I tend not to use any of the sites using either of these two types of captchas, but only sites using GeeTest or something like that, which do not increase difficulty only because there's more traffic on the web.

I mine two things, depending whether I need my computer aside of mining or not.
I have just a regular standard PC with an I7-7700K and a single GTX1070.
During the night (or better between 5am and 1pm where I sleep) I run Minergate in smart mode for Monero on CPU intensity 3 plus GPU intensity 2, that consumes (with monitor, speakers etc. all turned off) just so 150 watts and will produce roughly $1 in value while 8 hours times 150 watts at Italian prices will cost me roughly $0.60 in electricity.
But minergate gets the entire computer to lag and doesn't have any settings for lowering the power it takes, even at intensity 1 I cannot even smoothly type something into a browser window while Minergate is running, let alone working on a programming code in my compiler, meaning this is useless during the day.
Therefore during the day I run CCMiner for Verge through yiimp, set to -i 18, which will produce roughly 1-2 Verge per hour which just so covers the extra cost in electricity, above of what it would consume anyway, but on Verge I have the hope it may increase value in the near future and the setting allows me to work on the computer while I hardly notice the mining in the background.
For me there's no point in buying further hardware just to increase mining power, the difference between the coins I get and the electricity it costs in Italy is just too small, it would take 2 or 3 years just to recover the price of a 2nd graphics card.
But then I do have solar panels on my roof, which doesn't produce much power right now in winter, but during the summer this greatly improves my profit.

Last but not least, because I love this story ........ your question about a screenshot.
First I have to mention where this story comes from.

There was a series of TV ads in Germany years ago, for some espresso coffee from Italy, where some guy with a strong Italian accent was arguing about his car, here's an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWMUGH5y-l4
The story is always the same, she comes to complain that his car is in her parking spot or something, he insists on making coffee and in the end, when she finally wants to get back to his car being in her way, he says with his strong Italian accent: "I don't have a car."

These spots have been repeated so many millions of times all over German TV that the saying of "I don't have a ......" has made it into common German language, whenever anyone wants to say something like "I'm perfectly aware it will sound unbelievable for you, but I don't have a ......" (fill in whatever you don't have), that nobody uses the long form anymore, but everybody just uses an Italian accent to say "I don't have a ....".
For me, now living in Italy, this has become one of my favorite things to say, especially in THIS case, where I can say: "I don't have a mobile, nor a tablet, nor a notebook."

I just cannot imagine working with a monitor smaller than 55" in 4K resolution.
Still I don't know whether or not I can make a screenshot of that browser window.
The ad entirely locks up the browser, there's nothing you can do, not even switching to another tab in the same browser.
If nothing else, my screen is big enough to take a photo with my regular camera, so somehow I will get you an image about it.
For now I can tell you, it's under the first bonus link, the one where you can click skip ad after 5 seconds and I'm seeing it maybe once every 20 claims.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:36:53 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 02:31:38 PM by Coins4Days

Woah, loads of stuff .... I'll try to answer without quotes from you, or else it would become a book.

First of all thanks for the transparency, I love it when businesses treat their customers fair and show how they are doing so, a really rare thing nowadays.

Little side thought, maybe not really fair towards the ads, but I can't help thinking that way.
Does alone a click on an ad already pay you, independent of how long the one clicking an ad stays on the site it leads to?
I mean clicking 5 ads and closing each site right away takes what? 5 seconds?
For multiple times the payout, I'd do that with every single claim, no problem for me, actually much easier than clicking 2 bonus links with pages full of ads where I'm forced to wait 5 - 10 seconds each.
You are very welcome! I don't really look at Coins4Days as a strict business. Yes, I'm in this to make some sort of money in the long run, but my #1 priority for the site is to grow it into something enormous. Not because Geony and I would make more money, but because I would love to implement ways to interact with users in the future. Whether it's a chatbox, a rainbot,  or any way I could make users come to C4D and stay because there are fun things to do on the site, chances are I would be interested in implementing it in the future.

You know, to be honest, I'm not totally sure how ad click payments work. Many networks have advanced ways of detecting whether a click is legitimate or now, I'm sure of it. Especially with lower-valued traffic from faucet sites, they probably have many safeguards put in place. If you were to click all five ads (temporarily added a new one under the claims button, so six now) every time you claimed, my accounts would most likely get flagged and our earnings from the networks would be put on hold or forfeited. That's my guess.

If I had to guess, some networks probably have some sort of timer set in some way to see how long you interact with the site you clicked on. They probably track what IP the click comes from, too. It doesn't hurt to click an ad if it interests you! Don't just go rambo and click everything you see though. I cannot emphasize that enough. That would spell bad news. If more people were to click ads, all the claim rates would be boosted, that is the bottom line. With that being said, if you referred a few friends (I know this is a problem, more on that later) and the few of you paid closer attention to the ads, and clicked on one or two different ones a day, it might make a small difference. Strength in numbers!

Yes, a combination of reCaptcha and SolveMedia, where I can choose which one to solve would solve the problem for me, at least for the moment, or at least it would make things a little bit easier.
At times reCaptcha is a pain as well, because it smoothly works exclusively in Chrome and even in Chrome at traffic rush hour those captchas become extremely time consuming, where I have to solve 10+ consecutive captchas before it will let me through.
That's why during daytime my time (which is apparently the traffic rush hour) I tend not to use any of the sites using either of these two types of captchas, but only sites using GeeTest or something like that, which do not increase difficulty only because there's more traffic on the web.
"More on this later," it's later now. If recaptcha was implemented, then the problem at hand for SolveMedia being annoying would kind of be fixed. Noting this. The reason we disabled recaptcha is because it would take some users forEVER to make a claim. The "click until none are left" captchas would sometimes just go on and on and on, just like you are saying. This might be the best temporary patch-up for now. I will look into enabling both without the site thinking that both have to be completed to claim from the faucet.

I mine two things, depending whether I need my computer aside of mining or not.
I have just a regular standard PC with an I7-7700K and a single GTX1070.
During the night (or better between 5am and 1pm where I sleep) I run Minergate in smart mode for Monero on CPU intensity 3 plus GPU intensity 2, that consumes (with monitor, speakers etc. all turned off) just so 150 watts and will produce roughly $1 in value while 8 hours times 150 watts at Italian prices will cost me roughly $0.60 in electricity.
But minergate gets the entire computer to lag and doesn't have any settings for lowering the power it takes, even at intensity 1 I cannot even smoothly type something into a browser window while Minergate is running, let alone working on a programming code in my compiler, meaning this is useless during the day.
Therefore during the day I run CCMiner for Verge through yiimp, set to -i 18, which will produce roughly 1-2 Verge per hour which just so covers the extra cost in electricity, above of what it would consume anyway, but on Verge I have the hope it may increase value in the near future and the setting allows me to work on the computer while I hardly notice the mining in the background.
For me there's no point in buying further hardware just to increase mining power, the difference between the coins I get and the electricity it costs in Italy is just too small, it would take 2 or 3 years just to recover the price of a 2nd graphics card.
But then I do have solar panels on my roof, which doesn't produce much power right now in winter, but during the summer this greatly improves my profit.
You have some nice stuff. My CPU is quite older than yours Tongue You shouldn't use Minergate though. You can get better earnings elsewhere. Check this out. And this. These are best case scenario earnings for the current market, but both are higher than Minergate's earnings. Since you believe in Verge, I think mining it while you are using your computer is a great idea.

Last but not least, because I love this story ........ your question about a screenshot.
First I have to mention where this story comes from.

There was a series of TV ads in Germany years ago, for some espresso coffee from Italy, where some guy with a strong Italian accent was arguing about his car, here's an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWMUGH5y-l4
The story is always the same, she comes to complain that his car is in her parking spot or something, he insists on making coffee and in the end, when she finally wants to get back to his car being in her way, he says with his strong Italian accent: "I don't have a car."

These spots have been repeated so many millions of times all over German TV that the saying of "I don't have a ......" has made it into common German language, whenever anyone wants to say something like "I'm perfectly aware it will sound unbelievable for you, but I don't have a ......" (fill in whatever you don't have), that nobody uses the long form anymore, but everybody just uses an Italian accent to say "I don't have a ....".
For me, now living in Italy, this has become one of my favorite things to say, especially in THIS case, where I can say: "I don't have a mobile, nor a tablet, nor a notebook."

I just cannot imagine working with a monitor smaller than 55" in 4K resolution.
Still I don't know whether or not I can make a screenshot of that browser window.
The ad entirely locks up the browser, there's nothing you can do, not even switching to another tab in the same browser.
If nothing else, my screen is big enough to take a photo with my regular camera, so somehow I will get you an image about it.
For now I can tell you, it's under the first bonus link, the one where you can click skip ad after 5 seconds and I'm seeing it maybe once every 20 claims.

Well, there's my lesson in European culture for the day. Never knew that.
55 inches, wow. That's quite a setup you have! This clears a lot of things up. I thought the ad you were getting was straight from Coins4Days. Unfortunately, since that ad is from a link shortener, there is nothing we can do about it. We do plan on implementing other shorteners in the future. Perhaps then shorte.st can hit the chopping block then. I wouldn't click that bonus link if you don't want to risk all of your tabs closing. Why the heck they have an ad like that on their site, I wonder, because it makes their user's day more frustrating. They don't even pay their publishers enough to have an ad like that enabled. Maybe they won't be on our faucet forever!

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 12:16:44 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 12:50:04 PM by Thomasio

Good morning Wink
I cannot guarantee how good my brain works while coffee is still in the makes, but I wanted to give you an answer right away.

The keyphrase for me was when you said, you just want more users on your site having fun.
It may sound unbelievable for you, but I MIGHT have something to offer on that line.

Have a look at: http://www.piranhazone.com/index.php?language=1&page=piranhagammon
Under "Take a tour" you will get an impression.
This is a multilingua full flavored gameserver, including a fully functional client software, which I have written by myself.
For the moment it only plays Backgammon, but a 2nd game is in the makes.
It's the result of an argument in some forum, where other programmers wanted to tell me the story of how complicated and expensive it is writing a game server, where I have proven, it can be done by one single programmer and costs next to nothing, except of loads of my time.

Meaning this is 100% my work, 100% my copyright, where only my wife and a friend have helped with translations.
(The note in the FAQ about a graphics designer I had for help is obsolete, the latest version is even in graphics all my work.)

This has been online for over 10 years by now, but it never gained any popularity, simply because I do not run any advertising for it.
On the one hand it's the worlds only absolutely free gameserver, meaning it is not only free to use for players, but also advertising free, but on the other hand I don't gain nor lose anything, whether there are players on it or not.
That's why it has remained a tiny little thing for a handful of friends all these years.

Now this is out of your line, but if you want just some attraction on your site, maybe this is an opportunity?
An idea might be holding tournaments with Satoshis for prices.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:25:22 PM

Good morning Wink
I cannot guarantee how good my brain works while coffee is still in the makes, but I wanted to give you an answer right away.

The keyphrase for me was when you said, you just want more users on your site having fun.
It may sound unbelievable for you, but I MIGHT have something to offer on that line.

Have a look at: http://www.piranhazone.com/index.php?language=1&page=piranhagammon
Under "Take a tour" you will get an impression.
This is a multilingua full flavored gameserver, including a fully functional client software, which I have written by myself.
For the moment it only plays Backgammon, but a 2nd game is in the makes.
It's the result of an argument in some forum, where other programmers wanted to tell me the story of how complicated and expensive it is writing a game server, where I have proven, it can be done by one single programmer and costs next to nothing, except of loads of my time.

Meaning this is 100% my work, 100% my copyright, where only my wife and a friend have helped with translations.
(The note in the FAQ about a graphics designer I had for help is obsolete, the latest version is even in graphics all my work.)

This has been online for over 10 years by now, but it never gained any popularity, simply because I do not run any advertising for it.
On the one hand it's the worlds only absolutely free gameserver, meaning it is not only free to use for players, but also advertising free, but on the other hand I don't gain nor lose anything, whether there are players on it or not.
That's why it has remained a tiny little thing for a handful of friends all these years.

Now this is out of your line, but if you want just some attraction on your site, maybe this is an opportunity?
An idea might be holding tournaments with Satoshis for prices.

Good morning! Grin
This is exactly what I was talking about. Imagine logging onto Coins4Days and seeing an entire platform of games, chat rooms, hell a forum (why not, right?), casino games, raffles, the whole nine yards. This is the end game. However, we have a while before we get there. We're still in the early growing stages.

Personally, I would have no idea how to build something like this, or even where to begin. Props for being able to do something like this, especially by yourself, and with little cost. I'm sure it took loads of time. If you were to ever advertise it, maybe taking a small house edge from everyone's winnings could help build up an advertising fund? Backgammon is a fun game. I think holding tournaments for satoshi prizes is a great idea.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:45:02 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 02:24:28 PM by Thomasio

Ok, this will go off topic now, but I guess I can't avoid it.
I've been a professional backgammon player, made a living out of backgammon for money online for some 5 years.
I've seen the platforms evolving from free sites like MSN Gaming Zone, up to professional platforms like Truemoneygames.
I've also seen them all go down the drain, absolutely all for the very same reason, pure plain greed of the owners.
Free platforms got drowned in ads and support automated until players didn't feel home anymore and money platforms raised the fees up to a point where nobody could make a profit anymore, because the platform took it all.

My wife has launched the Eurogammon platform back then
http://www.eurogammon.eu/
used to have 2000+ active members, but without having a popular free server to play on, it went down the drain when MSN Gaming Zone closed and with my server never becoming popular I wasn't able to get the players in there.

My wife and me have quite some experience in organizing tournaments, I've even invented some new tournament formats that players loved, in fact the Eurogammon website is (except of the forum) all my work including all the tournaments.

In the end it turns out, I'm pretty good in creating opportunities, but I'm a complete failure in marketing.
If you see an opportunity there, I'm open to almost anything.

Edit, update, here is your screenshot:
http://www.piranhazone.com/xtras/coins4days_bonusad.jpg
Top center you see what gets this stuck, because the "authentication required" just doesn't go away, cannot be cancelled nor submitted, while at the same time blocking anything else.
But to be precise, this is a milder form of this kind of ad, this one has a voice in plain english and can be terminated by pressing "Alt + arrow left", theres another of these with a strong eastern accent that isn't terminated so easy.

But while I'm at it, here's a bug you do have in your end of the site:
http://www.piranhazone.com/xtras/coins4days_bonusad2.jpg
This happens not every time, but frequently when the browser returns from the 2nd bonus link to your main site.
No big deal, refreshing the site will fix it, but I thought you want to know anyway.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:52:59 PM

Ok, this will go off topic now, but I guess I can't avoid it.
This, my friend, is the beauty of evolving conversation.

I've been a professional backgammon player, made a living out of backgammon for money online for some 5 years.
I've seen the platforms evolving from free sites like MSN Gaming Zone, up to professional platforms like Truemoneygames.
I've also seen them all go down the drain, absolutely all for the very same reason, pure plain greed of the owners.
Free platforms got drowned in ads and support automated until players didn't feel home anymore and money platforms raised the fees up to a point where nobody could make a profit anymore, because the platform took it all.
Green runs this world. It sucks, it should not be this way, but this is simply how it works. Whether it's something as small or large as a top-notch gaming platform, or running a country. It's just how this world is nowadays. Coins4Days will not end up like this.

Faucets that turn scam... Why? What's the point? Greed. People suck. But there are good people out there. I don't want to get too deep into this, but the bottom line for C4D is we don't plan on going anywhere but up. Spreading the love to our users is the priority. We want people to come back Smiley

My wife has launched the Eurogammon platform back then
http://www.eurogammon.eu/
used to have 2000+ active members, but without having a popular free server to play on, it went down the drain when MSN Gaming Zone closed and with my server never becoming popular I wasn't able to get the players in there.

My wife and me have quite some experience in organizing tournaments, I've even invented some new tournament formats that players loved, in fact the Eurogammon website is (except of the forum) all my work including all the tournaments.

In the end it turns out, I'm pretty good in creating opportunities, but I'm a complete failure in marketing.
If you see an opportunity there, I'm open to almost anything.
2,000+ is awesome, good for you two! I'm sure that you could get it up and running again. Do you have Telegram? If so, please PM me your username. My strong suits consist native English speaking and marketing. We might have something here.

Edit, update, here is your screenshot:
http://www.piranhazone.com/xtras/coins4days_bonusad.jpg
Top center you see what gets this stuck, because the "authentication required" just doesn't go away, cannot be cancelled nor submitted, while at the same time blocking anything else.
But to be precise, this is a milder form of this kind of ad, this one has a voice in plain english and can be terminated by pressing "Alt + arrow left", theres another of these with a strong eastern accent that isn't terminated so easy.

But while I'm at it, here's a bug you do have in your end of the site:
http://www.piranhazone.com/xtras/coins4days_bonusad2.jpg
This happens not every time, but frequently when the browser returns from the 2nd bonus link to your main site.
No big deal, refreshing the site will fix it, but I thought you want to know anyway.

Thank you for taking these screenshots. I really appreciate this. I will forward this to shorte.st support to see if that one can be removed. If you get other screenshots of the plain English speaker and the strong eastern accent, please forward those to me too. I hope they terminate these advertisements.

For the bug, we have been experiencing that with the new script update (0.9.9). Since a refresh does fix it (and as far as I know it's not malicious), we decided to keep the update. It should be taken care of in a future script update. Smiley

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:27:20 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 03:45:35 PM by Thomasio

Wow, did I get you so exited that you cannot sleep anymore? Must be middle of the night for you.
If so, no worries, this doesn't run away, it's been dormant for over 10 years, I doubt it will get a boom by next month.

No I do not have Telegram, I'm present in a gazillion forums for all kind of topics, from gaming over computers to e-cigarettes, but for direct chat I have only Skype.
Since you have been on my homepage earlier, just look up the contact page top left in the in menu.

About the greed, I can tell you stories you wouldn't believe.
I.e. I have been on some very small real money backgammon platform, where I got in touch with the owner, when he discovered I was a professional player.
They paid me $1,000 for a detailed review of their site, I've given them like 50 pages full of suggestions, they have agreed with me on every single point, expressed their surprise because most of it they never even thought of.
I was getting exited about helping to build a user friendly gaming site, but ONE day later, they terminated my advisor contract and told me they'd do about the opposite of what I had suggested, because they thought that would be better, where I could clearly see, they tried dragging an instant big profit out of it, with the predictable result the entire thing would go down the drain.
It took less than 6 months from there until their site entirely vanished from the web.

These cases make me wonder where people have been during math lessons in school, 10K profit within a week in exchange for losing a business that would pay 1K a month for many years is beyond my logic.

All these abandoned faucets, where owners don't even bother closing the pages, where users still keep trying to claim, just to receive nothing ...... I mean at the very least, when abandoning a website, one could at least delete and/or replace it with a note that is has been closed.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:03:37 PM

Wow, did I get you so exited that you cannot sleep anymore? Must be middle of the night for you.
If so, no worries, this doesn't run away, it's been dormant for over 10 years, I doubt it will get a boom by next month.
Not quite! It is 11 AM as I write this, I live on the eastern seaboard in the US. However, I do get happy when I see you replied. Grin

No I do not have Telegram, I'm present in a gazillion forums for all kind of topics, from gaming over computers to e-cigarettes, but for direct chat I have only Skype.
Since you have been on my homepage earlier, just look up the contact page top left in the in menu.

About the greed, I can tell you stories you wouldn't believe.
I.e. I have been on some very small real money backgammon platform, where I got in touch with the owner, when he discovered I was a professional player.
They paid me $1,000 for a detailed review of their site, I've given them like 50 pages full of suggestions, they have agreed with me on every single point, expressed their surprise because most of it they never even thought of.
I was getting exited about helping to build a user friendly gaming site, but ONE day later, they terminated my advisor contract and told me they'd do about the opposite of what I had suggested, because they thought that would be better, where I could clearly see, they tried dragging an instant big profit out of it, with the predictable result the entire thing would go down the drain.
It took less than 6 months from there until their site entirely vanished from the web.

Oh, I believe you. It sounds like you very much know what you are talking about and you are all about the big picture. They weren't on the same page as you, though. You were thinking long term, they were thinking quick money. Simple as that. Not your fault, I hope you still got paid for your time.

These cases make me wonder where people have been during math lessons in school, 10K profit within a week in exchange for losing a business that would pay 1K a month for many years is beyond my logic.

All these abandoned faucets, where owners don't even bother closing the pages, where users still keep trying to claim, just to receive nothing ...... I mean at the very least, when abandoning a website, one could at least delete and/or replace it with a note that is has been closed.

Instant gratification is the answer. People want everything now and not later, no matter what they lose. I am more of a big picture thinker, personally. I like to work hard now to have a better endgame if that makes sense.

They don't close the pages because they still get paid from their ad spots, probably. This is why it's good when sites say how much they have in their faucet balance, it helps avoid that problem. People won't go to a faucet when they are sure there is nothing to claim from it.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:38:19 PM

Yeah, I kinda figured they keep pages open because the ads still pay.
That's why I've included the info of when I last got paid by a faucet in the faucet list on my homepage.

Talking about the long term picture, the best investment I've ever done was my solar panels, which cut the outrageous electricity bills in Italy in half, which is way better than any other investment could pay (except of those moon shots if one had bought BTC for $5 a piece some years ago).

Cryptos is for me a fun game aside, way too risky for comfort, way too much fraud going on with it.
I have less than $200 invested in cryptos and that's already double my actual initial investment from where the value has gone up.
zidk

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:06:49 AM

I use this site daily and today when I try to go to http://www.coins4days.com/faucet/ it redirects to http://lion.vivawebhost.com/suspended.page/ , which states "This Account Has Been Suspended".  Hopefully this can be fixed and is only temporary...  Huh
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 12:55:34 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 09:11:25 PM by Coins4Days

I use this site daily and today when I try to go to http://www.coins4days.com/faucet/ it redirects to http://lion.vivawebhost.com/suspended.page/ , which states "This Account Has Been Suspended".  Hopefully this can be fixed and is only temporary...  Huh

Yes! This issue is a little over one hour old at the time of writing. I hope to have this solved within the next 24 hours. We went over our hosting resources and they cut the cord on us because of this. But, do not fret, C4D is not going anywhere! All we need is a little upgrade from our hosting provider and things should be running smoothly again.

Update 9:15 PM EST: We found new host that takes care of our needs. Now we must transfer everything over from the old host to the new one. Expected downtime: 12 hours max. Chances are this will take a shorter amount of time. Just being safe!

Update 9:45 AM EST: We are having trouble moving all site files. Expected downtime: 12 hours.

Update 10:15 AM EST: All we need is our new hosting provider to forward us NS information and we will be good to go. Expected downtime: 2 hours after this information is received.

Update 3:38 PM EST: I have been sitting in front of my computer since 9 AM trying to get this solved. To keep things short:
-The new hosting provider ended up being terrible.
-We are moving to scala hosting.
-I will notify everyone when the nameservers are switched over. I do not have access to our domain registrar account.

rafolon

Activity: 638
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 09:04:57 PM

Please put again solvemedia

Currently paying sites
HITBITS ||  SATOSHILABS || NETBOX || PRESEARCH || FREEBTC || COINTIPLY
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 10:42:10 PM

Please put again solvemedia

Hey Rafolon,

We were forced to turn on Recaptcha. Bots are running rampant on Coins4Days at the moment. SolveMedia does not do as nearly good of a job as Recaptcha does at catching them. Once the bots start to settle and I'm not constantly banning hundreds of IP's on a weekly basis, we will turn SolveMedia back on.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 11:38:25 PM

.... but you are aware they are literally ALL on a dynamic IP, aren't you?
If you keep banning all IP's a bot comes from, you might as well block entire providers or even entire countries, because that's what it comes down to, only doing this one by one takes WAY more of your time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: