Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:36:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Faucet + Coin Flip Game, Offerwalls, Mining, Unlimited Earnings!  (Read 1073 times)
Thomasio

Activity: 585
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 01:35:50 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 10:27:09 PM by Thomasio

Ok, here we go, next I have a question, maybe a stupid one, but I can't make sense of it anyway.

Since your profit depends on how many users you can show the ads on your site, what sense is there in limiting how often a user can watch those ads?
I believe I understand the motive of sites that allow you to claim once a minute, they simply do not limit how often users can watch ads and thereby increase their own profit.

What I do not understand is, why allowing more frequent claims must always go along with lower claim amounts.
IFFFF what you get is relative to the amount of users watching your ads and NOT limited to how often the same user watches a given ad, then the amount of Satoshis you can pay for watching the ads can remain the same, no matter how often you allow a claim.

Not sure where I saw that or whether that's the "normal" price, but I've seen somewhere a price of these ads of $0.50 per 1000 impressions.
By a rough estimate I'd say you have 10 - 20 ads on your site, where one has to go through to get to a claim, meaning you get $5 - $10 per 1000 impressions, for this example let's just calculate with 10.
If I calculate the +/- 35 Satoshis you pay per claim (including the two bonuses), that would even match, because that's roughly $4 per 1000 impressions you pay to your users, meaning you keep 20%.

But then I still don't understand why you limit that to once an hour and/or reduce the claim amount upon shorter timing.

Edit, update: Here we go again, client error 117B
Took just over 1 day before SolveMedia again believes I shall be a robot for nothing more than me accessing too many captcha protected sites.
Since the solution appears to be turning my computer off for some 8 hours that simply means, I won't claim from your site at least for the rest of today and very likely not for the rest of the week, simply because turning my miner off for 8 hours loses WAY more money than I could gain by having access to your faucet.

Wonder whether or not it will ever occur to SolveMedia that multiple accesses to captchas from the same IP address might be simply a whole town having the same IP due to a shortage in IPv4 addresses.

Fortunately 90% of all faucet sites do not use SolveMedia anymore or at least offer a choice of captchas, meaning I can still go on with the remaining sites, but for you it means, one active customer less for a while.

Another edit: There's a good thing in anything I guess.
Power out in my street past sundown and longer than my UPS could handle ment my PC was offline for 2 hours, meaning I got a new IP and SolveMedia works again.
It's still a pain, but for the moment I take it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coins4Days (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 27

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:49:00 AM
Merited by Welsh (2), bill gator (1)

Ok, here we go, next I have a question, maybe a stupid one, but I can't make sense of it anyway.

Since your profit depends on how many users you can show the ads on your site, what sense is there in limiting how often a user can watch those ads?
I believe I understand the motive of sites that allow you to claim once a minute, they simply do not limit how often users can watch ads and thereby increase their own profit.
Many networks only count "x" amount of unique impressions a day. A-ads, for example, only counts one unique impression every 24 hours, but only if that certain user did not see any other a-ads banners on any other website in the past 24 hours. They pay a very nice CPM rate, but that is only because they count unique impressions that special way. I will be transparent here because why not, right? We process a little over 1,000 claims a day as of today. Since those claims are all spaced at least one hour apart from the last from the same person, many (all) networks we use count all raw impressions because they are not too squished together. Many networks will stop showing ads to one IP if that IP gets too many impressions because they think you are trying to farm statistics. Some networks (PTP sites) count all traffic, but they show ads that are malware, give redirects, hijack browsers, etc. They are not worth using.

What I do not understand is, why allowing more frequent claims must always go along with lower claim amounts.
IFFFF what you get is relative to the amount of users watching your ads and NOT limited to how often the same user watches a given ad, then the amount of Satoshis you can pay for watching the ads can remain the same, no matter how often you allow a claim.
If a faucet owner is using a network and they only count two impressions for every three claims a user makes, they will lose money.

Not sure where I saw that or whether that's the "normal" price, but I've seen somewhere a price of these ads of $0.50 per 1000 impressions.
By a rough estimate I'd say you have 10 - 20 ads on your site, where one has to go through to get to a claim, meaning you get $5 - $10 per 1000 impressions, for this example let's just calculate with 10.
If I calculate the +/- 35 Satoshis you pay per claim (including the two bonuses), that would even match, because that's roughly $4 per 1000 impressions you pay to your users, meaning you keep 20%.
I would LOVE if we were paid $0.50 for 1,000 impressions for each ad. That would be incredible Grin Faucet traffic is inexpensive.
One: because they are incentivized to come to the website.
Two: they are more often than not from tier three traffic countries.
For example: 1,000 USA impressions are worth a lot more than 1,000 India based impressions.

For our traffic, advertisers will pay $0.001 - $0.004 CPM. This means they will pay that much per 1,000 raw impressions. It's so cheap because of the geo-location our users are located. Because of this, we use Pay-Per-Click ads. Advertising networks will pay us $0.03 - $0.07 per click for each ad. If we have a bunch of ads, the user will get overwhelmed and not click anything. However, with fewer ads, something might catch their attention and they will click. If just 1-2% of our users clicked an ad when they visited, we would be able to raise the claim amount like CRAZY. 1-2% of 1,000 is 10-20. If we are paid $0.04 per click, that would be $0.40-$0.80 per 1,000 impressions, for each ad. We have five banner ads as of now. That would mean minimum $2 eCPM (effective cost per mille) for 1,000 impressions with all ads combined. We have around .1-.4% of our users clicking on each ad, it depends on which ad.

Since that includes all five banners, every 200 claims would equal 1,000 banner hits. So, for every 1,000 claims, we would be making ten dollars. This is nearly 80,000 satoshi at the time of writing. If only this was the case.

With our current ads, networks, and Alexa ranking, our eCPM for all 5 ads combined is a $0.45 - $0.52. We are paying out 25,000 satoshi a day. 25,000 satoshi = $3.21 as of today. We are bringing in, best case scenario, $2 a day with ads. We are running at a loss as of now. We have a rough roadmap to hopefully make this change in the future. Running a faucet is not easy because the profit margins simply are not there for new faucets. You need a high alexa ranking to get into new networks, you have to monetize with more than just ads... There's a lot to it, every little bit helps.
But then I still don't understand why you limit that to once an hour and/or reduce the claim amount upon shorter timing.
Answered above Smiley

Edit, update: Here we go again, client error 117B
Took just over 1 day before SolveMedia again believes I shall be a robot for nothing more than me accessing too many captcha protected sites.
Since the solution appears to be turning my computer off for some 8 hours that simply means, I won't claim from your site at least for the rest of today and very likely not for the rest of the week, simply because turning my miner off for 8 hours loses WAY more money than I could gain by having access to your faucet.

Wonder whether or not it will ever occur to SolveMedia that multiple accesses to captchas from the same IP address might be simply a whole town having the same IP due to a shortage in IPv4 addresses.

Fortunately 90% of all faucet sites do not use SolveMedia anymore or at least offer a choice of captchas, meaning I can still go on with the remaining sites, but for you it means, one active customer less for a while.

Another edit: There's a good thing in anything I guess.
Power out in my street past sundown and longer than my UPS could handle ment my PC was offline for 2 hours, meaning I got a new IP and SolveMedia works again.
It's still a pain, but for the moment I take it.

Would it be better if we had both recaptcha and solvemedia enabled on Coins4Days? You would only have to complete one to claim. I applied to become a part of bitcaptcha.io, this would remove the problem completely. The owner of the site has been a little inactive recently, but I do hope he comes back because this could be a solution. Out of curiosity, what coin do you mine / what cards do you mine with? I mine the cryptonight on Nicehash with an i7-4770k, two R9 270's and one R9 390.

Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:55:29 AM

Good morning Wink

Now let me see what else to add to last nights post ......

If you can find ten referrals ...

..... then the next user has to find other 10 or give up on faucets.
A month later the total amount of users has increased 10 fold.
A month later the total amount of users has increased 10 fold AGAIN.
A year later the amount of users required to keep existing users happy exceeds the worlds population.

Why would there be a problem with a loyalty bonus?
All you have to do is lower the claim amount for new users and add what you save there in loyalty bonus for others.
I have no clue about the relation, but I would guess, to make a 1% per day loyalty bonus it would already be enough to reduce the base claim from +/- 15 Satoshis to 12 or 13.
The idea of "affording" a loyalty bonus only after the faucet is profitable is the same what electricity providers do, offering new customers way cheaper prices than loyal customers, making customers switch provider every year, rather than building a base of loyal customers.
It's as absurd as it gets, because the ONLY thing that does is opening a business opportunity for price comparison websites, where obviously the consumers pay the price of those sites, meaning in the end prices for EVERYONE are higher than they would be with a loyalty bonus and profits for all providers are lower.

..... more later, right now I got on your site into one of those browser locking ads and I have to terminate all browser windows to close that.
Be back later.

Are you visiting Coins4Days on mobile or your computer when you get those browser locking ads? If you can, could you copy the URL and paste it here, and/or take a screenshot of the ad? I'm not sure what network does this.

The faucet script we use does not offer the option of loyalty bonuses, but this option is definitely possible in the future. Our lowest claim is currently at 13 satoshi, we would have to lower it more in order to balance the bonus out. I do think this would attract more users, but since we are already growing now (and we are operating at a loss), I am comfortable with not having that option as of now. However, since I am an advocate for increasing claims when I can afford it, something like this will most likely be implemented later.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:27:13 AM

Woah, loads of stuff .... I'll try to answer without quotes from you, or else it would become a book.

First of all thanks for the transparency, I love it when businesses treat their customers fair and show how they are doing so, a really rare thing nowadays.

Little side thought, maybe not really fair towards the ads, but I can't help thinking that way.
Does alone a click on an ad already pay you, independent of how long the one clicking an ad stays on the site it leads to?
I mean clicking 5 ads and closing each site right away takes what? 5 seconds?
For multiple times the payout, I'd do that with every single claim, no problem for me, actually much easier than clicking 2 bonus links with pages full of ads where I'm forced to wait 5 - 10 seconds each.

Yes, a combination of reCaptcha and SolveMedia, where I can choose which one to solve would solve the problem for me, at least for the moment, or at least it would make things a little bit easier.
At times reCaptcha is a pain as well, because it smoothly works exclusively in Chrome and even in Chrome at traffic rush hour those captchas become extremely time consuming, where I have to solve 10+ consecutive captchas before it will let me through.
That's why during daytime my time (which is apparently the traffic rush hour) I tend not to use any of the sites using either of these two types of captchas, but only sites using GeeTest or something like that, which do not increase difficulty only because there's more traffic on the web.

I mine two things, depending whether I need my computer aside of mining or not.
I have just a regular standard PC with an I7-7700K and a single GTX1070.
During the night (or better between 5am and 1pm where I sleep) I run Minergate in smart mode for Monero on CPU intensity 3 plus GPU intensity 2, that consumes (with monitor, speakers etc. all turned off) just so 150 watts and will produce roughly $1 in value while 8 hours times 150 watts at Italian prices will cost me roughly $0.60 in electricity.
But minergate gets the entire computer to lag and doesn't have any settings for lowering the power it takes, even at intensity 1 I cannot even smoothly type something into a browser window while Minergate is running, let alone working on a programming code in my compiler, meaning this is useless during the day.
Therefore during the day I run CCMiner for Verge through yiimp, set to -i 18, which will produce roughly 1-2 Verge per hour which just so covers the extra cost in electricity, above of what it would consume anyway, but on Verge I have the hope it may increase value in the near future and the setting allows me to work on the computer while I hardly notice the mining in the background.
For me there's no point in buying further hardware just to increase mining power, the difference between the coins I get and the electricity it costs in Italy is just too small, it would take 2 or 3 years just to recover the price of a 2nd graphics card.
But then I do have solar panels on my roof, which doesn't produce much power right now in winter, but during the summer this greatly improves my profit.

Last but not least, because I love this story ........ your question about a screenshot.
First I have to mention where this story comes from.

There was a series of TV ads in Germany years ago, for some espresso coffee from Italy, where some guy with a strong Italian accent was arguing about his car, here's an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWMUGH5y-l4
The story is always the same, she comes to complain that his car is in her parking spot or something, he insists on making coffee and in the end, when she finally wants to get back to his car being in her way, he says with his strong Italian accent: "I don't have a car."

These spots have been repeated so many millions of times all over German TV that the saying of "I don't have a ......" has made it into common German language, whenever anyone wants to say something like "I'm perfectly aware it will sound unbelievable for you, but I don't have a ......" (fill in whatever you don't have), that nobody uses the long form anymore, but everybody just uses an Italian accent to say "I don't have a ....".
For me, now living in Italy, this has become one of my favorite things to say, especially in THIS case, where I can say: "I don't have a mobile, nor a tablet, nor a notebook."

I just cannot imagine working with a monitor smaller than 55" in 4K resolution.
Still I don't know whether or not I can make a screenshot of that browser window.
The ad entirely locks up the browser, there's nothing you can do, not even switching to another tab in the same browser.
If nothing else, my screen is big enough to take a photo with my regular camera, so somehow I will get you an image about it.
For now I can tell you, it's under the first bonus link, the one where you can click skip ad after 5 seconds and I'm seeing it maybe once every 20 claims.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:36:53 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 02:31:38 PM by Coins4Days

Woah, loads of stuff .... I'll try to answer without quotes from you, or else it would become a book.

First of all thanks for the transparency, I love it when businesses treat their customers fair and show how they are doing so, a really rare thing nowadays.

Little side thought, maybe not really fair towards the ads, but I can't help thinking that way.
Does alone a click on an ad already pay you, independent of how long the one clicking an ad stays on the site it leads to?
I mean clicking 5 ads and closing each site right away takes what? 5 seconds?
For multiple times the payout, I'd do that with every single claim, no problem for me, actually much easier than clicking 2 bonus links with pages full of ads where I'm forced to wait 5 - 10 seconds each.
You are very welcome! I don't really look at Coins4Days as a strict business. Yes, I'm in this to make some sort of money in the long run, but my #1 priority for the site is to grow it into something enormous. Not because Geony and I would make more money, but because I would love to implement ways to interact with users in the future. Whether it's a chatbox, a rainbot,  or any way I could make users come to C4D and stay because there are fun things to do on the site, chances are I would be interested in implementing it in the future.

You know, to be honest, I'm not totally sure how ad click payments work. Many networks have advanced ways of detecting whether a click is legitimate or now, I'm sure of it. Especially with lower-valued traffic from faucet sites, they probably have many safeguards put in place. If you were to click all five ads (temporarily added a new one under the claims button, so six now) every time you claimed, my accounts would most likely get flagged and our earnings from the networks would be put on hold or forfeited. That's my guess.

If I had to guess, some networks probably have some sort of timer set in some way to see how long you interact with the site you clicked on. They probably track what IP the click comes from, too. It doesn't hurt to click an ad if it interests you! Don't just go rambo and click everything you see though. I cannot emphasize that enough. That would spell bad news. If more people were to click ads, all the claim rates would be boosted, that is the bottom line. With that being said, if you referred a few friends (I know this is a problem, more on that later) and the few of you paid closer attention to the ads, and clicked on one or two different ones a day, it might make a small difference. Strength in numbers!

Yes, a combination of reCaptcha and SolveMedia, where I can choose which one to solve would solve the problem for me, at least for the moment, or at least it would make things a little bit easier.
At times reCaptcha is a pain as well, because it smoothly works exclusively in Chrome and even in Chrome at traffic rush hour those captchas become extremely time consuming, where I have to solve 10+ consecutive captchas before it will let me through.
That's why during daytime my time (which is apparently the traffic rush hour) I tend not to use any of the sites using either of these two types of captchas, but only sites using GeeTest or something like that, which do not increase difficulty only because there's more traffic on the web.
"More on this later," it's later now. If recaptcha was implemented, then the problem at hand for SolveMedia being annoying would kind of be fixed. Noting this. The reason we disabled recaptcha is because it would take some users forEVER to make a claim. The "click until none are left" captchas would sometimes just go on and on and on, just like you are saying. This might be the best temporary patch-up for now. I will look into enabling both without the site thinking that both have to be completed to claim from the faucet.

I mine two things, depending whether I need my computer aside of mining or not.
I have just a regular standard PC with an I7-7700K and a single GTX1070.
During the night (or better between 5am and 1pm where I sleep) I run Minergate in smart mode for Monero on CPU intensity 3 plus GPU intensity 2, that consumes (with monitor, speakers etc. all turned off) just so 150 watts and will produce roughly $1 in value while 8 hours times 150 watts at Italian prices will cost me roughly $0.60 in electricity.
But minergate gets the entire computer to lag and doesn't have any settings for lowering the power it takes, even at intensity 1 I cannot even smoothly type something into a browser window while Minergate is running, let alone working on a programming code in my compiler, meaning this is useless during the day.
Therefore during the day I run CCMiner for Verge through yiimp, set to -i 18, which will produce roughly 1-2 Verge per hour which just so covers the extra cost in electricity, above of what it would consume anyway, but on Verge I have the hope it may increase value in the near future and the setting allows me to work on the computer while I hardly notice the mining in the background.
For me there's no point in buying further hardware just to increase mining power, the difference between the coins I get and the electricity it costs in Italy is just too small, it would take 2 or 3 years just to recover the price of a 2nd graphics card.
But then I do have solar panels on my roof, which doesn't produce much power right now in winter, but during the summer this greatly improves my profit.
You have some nice stuff. My CPU is quite older than yours Tongue You shouldn't use Minergate though. You can get better earnings elsewhere. Check this out. And this. These are best case scenario earnings for the current market, but both are higher than Minergate's earnings. Since you believe in Verge, I think mining it while you are using your computer is a great idea.

Last but not least, because I love this story ........ your question about a screenshot.
First I have to mention where this story comes from.

There was a series of TV ads in Germany years ago, for some espresso coffee from Italy, where some guy with a strong Italian accent was arguing about his car, here's an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWMUGH5y-l4
The story is always the same, she comes to complain that his car is in her parking spot or something, he insists on making coffee and in the end, when she finally wants to get back to his car being in her way, he says with his strong Italian accent: "I don't have a car."

These spots have been repeated so many millions of times all over German TV that the saying of "I don't have a ......" has made it into common German language, whenever anyone wants to say something like "I'm perfectly aware it will sound unbelievable for you, but I don't have a ......" (fill in whatever you don't have), that nobody uses the long form anymore, but everybody just uses an Italian accent to say "I don't have a ....".
For me, now living in Italy, this has become one of my favorite things to say, especially in THIS case, where I can say: "I don't have a mobile, nor a tablet, nor a notebook."

I just cannot imagine working with a monitor smaller than 55" in 4K resolution.
Still I don't know whether or not I can make a screenshot of that browser window.
The ad entirely locks up the browser, there's nothing you can do, not even switching to another tab in the same browser.
If nothing else, my screen is big enough to take a photo with my regular camera, so somehow I will get you an image about it.
For now I can tell you, it's under the first bonus link, the one where you can click skip ad after 5 seconds and I'm seeing it maybe once every 20 claims.

Well, there's my lesson in European culture for the day. Never knew that.
55 inches, wow. That's quite a setup you have! This clears a lot of things up. I thought the ad you were getting was straight from Coins4Days. Unfortunately, since that ad is from a link shortener, there is nothing we can do about it. We do plan on implementing other shorteners in the future. Perhaps then shorte.st can hit the chopping block then. I wouldn't click that bonus link if you don't want to risk all of your tabs closing. Why the heck they have an ad like that on their site, I wonder, because it makes their user's day more frustrating. They don't even pay their publishers enough to have an ad like that enabled. Maybe they won't be on our faucet forever!

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 12:16:44 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 12:50:04 PM by Thomasio

Good morning Wink
I cannot guarantee how good my brain works while coffee is still in the makes, but I wanted to give you an answer right away.

The keyphrase for me was when you said, you just want more users on your site having fun.
It may sound unbelievable for you, but I MIGHT have something to offer on that line.

Have a look at: http://www.piranhazone.com/index.php?language=1&page=piranhagammon
Under "Take a tour" you will get an impression.
This is a multilingua full flavored gameserver, including a fully functional client software, which I have written by myself.
For the moment it only plays Backgammon, but a 2nd game is in the makes.
It's the result of an argument in some forum, where other programmers wanted to tell me the story of how complicated and expensive it is writing a game server, where I have proven, it can be done by one single programmer and costs next to nothing, except of loads of my time.

Meaning this is 100% my work, 100% my copyright, where only my wife and a friend have helped with translations.
(The note in the FAQ about a graphics designer I had for help is obsolete, the latest version is even in graphics all my work.)

This has been online for over 10 years by now, but it never gained any popularity, simply because I do not run any advertising for it.
On the one hand it's the worlds only absolutely free gameserver, meaning it is not only free to use for players, but also advertising free, but on the other hand I don't gain nor lose anything, whether there are players on it or not.
That's why it has remained a tiny little thing for a handful of friends all these years.

Now this is out of your line, but if you want just some attraction on your site, maybe this is an opportunity?
An idea might be holding tournaments with Satoshis for prices.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:25:22 PM

Good morning Wink
I cannot guarantee how good my brain works while coffee is still in the makes, but I wanted to give you an answer right away.

The keyphrase for me was when you said, you just want more users on your site having fun.
It may sound unbelievable for you, but I MIGHT have something to offer on that line.

Have a look at: http://www.piranhazone.com/index.php?language=1&page=piranhagammon
Under "Take a tour" you will get an impression.
This is a multilingua full flavored gameserver, including a fully functional client software, which I have written by myself.
For the moment it only plays Backgammon, but a 2nd game is in the makes.
It's the result of an argument in some forum, where other programmers wanted to tell me the story of how complicated and expensive it is writing a game server, where I have proven, it can be done by one single programmer and costs next to nothing, except of loads of my time.

Meaning this is 100% my work, 100% my copyright, where only my wife and a friend have helped with translations.
(The note in the FAQ about a graphics designer I had for help is obsolete, the latest version is even in graphics all my work.)

This has been online for over 10 years by now, but it never gained any popularity, simply because I do not run any advertising for it.
On the one hand it's the worlds only absolutely free gameserver, meaning it is not only free to use for players, but also advertising free, but on the other hand I don't gain nor lose anything, whether there are players on it or not.
That's why it has remained a tiny little thing for a handful of friends all these years.

Now this is out of your line, but if you want just some attraction on your site, maybe this is an opportunity?
An idea might be holding tournaments with Satoshis for prices.

Good morning! Grin
This is exactly what I was talking about. Imagine logging onto Coins4Days and seeing an entire platform of games, chat rooms, hell a forum (why not, right?), casino games, raffles, the whole nine yards. This is the end game. However, we have a while before we get there. We're still in the early growing stages.

Personally, I would have no idea how to build something like this, or even where to begin. Props for being able to do something like this, especially by yourself, and with little cost. I'm sure it took loads of time. If you were to ever advertise it, maybe taking a small house edge from everyone's winnings could help build up an advertising fund? Backgammon is a fun game. I think holding tournaments for satoshi prizes is a great idea.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:45:02 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 02:24:28 PM by Thomasio

Ok, this will go off topic now, but I guess I can't avoid it.
I've been a professional backgammon player, made a living out of backgammon for money online for some 5 years.
I've seen the platforms evolving from free sites like MSN Gaming Zone, up to professional platforms like Truemoneygames.
I've also seen them all go down the drain, absolutely all for the very same reason, pure plain greed of the owners.
Free platforms got drowned in ads and support automated until players didn't feel home anymore and money platforms raised the fees up to a point where nobody could make a profit anymore, because the platform took it all.

My wife has launched the Eurogammon platform back then
http://www.eurogammon.eu/
used to have 2000+ active members, but without having a popular free server to play on, it went down the drain when MSN Gaming Zone closed and with my server never becoming popular I wasn't able to get the players in there.

My wife and me have quite some experience in organizing tournaments, I've even invented some new tournament formats that players loved, in fact the Eurogammon website is (except of the forum) all my work including all the tournaments.

In the end it turns out, I'm pretty good in creating opportunities, but I'm a complete failure in marketing.
If you see an opportunity there, I'm open to almost anything.

Edit, update, here is your screenshot:
http://www.piranhazone.com/xtras/coins4days_bonusad.jpg
Top center you see what gets this stuck, because the "authentication required" just doesn't go away, cannot be cancelled nor submitted, while at the same time blocking anything else.
But to be precise, this is a milder form of this kind of ad, this one has a voice in plain english and can be terminated by pressing "Alt + arrow left", theres another of these with a strong eastern accent that isn't terminated so easy.

But while I'm at it, here's a bug you do have in your end of the site:
http://www.piranhazone.com/xtras/coins4days_bonusad2.jpg
This happens not every time, but frequently when the browser returns from the 2nd bonus link to your main site.
No big deal, refreshing the site will fix it, but I thought you want to know anyway.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:52:59 PM

Ok, this will go off topic now, but I guess I can't avoid it.
This, my friend, is the beauty of evolving conversation.

I've been a professional backgammon player, made a living out of backgammon for money online for some 5 years.
I've seen the platforms evolving from free sites like MSN Gaming Zone, up to professional platforms like Truemoneygames.
I've also seen them all go down the drain, absolutely all for the very same reason, pure plain greed of the owners.
Free platforms got drowned in ads and support automated until players didn't feel home anymore and money platforms raised the fees up to a point where nobody could make a profit anymore, because the platform took it all.
Green runs this world. It sucks, it should not be this way, but this is simply how it works. Whether it's something as small or large as a top-notch gaming platform, or running a country. It's just how this world is nowadays. Coins4Days will not end up like this.

Faucets that turn scam... Why? What's the point? Greed. People suck. But there are good people out there. I don't want to get too deep into this, but the bottom line for C4D is we don't plan on going anywhere but up. Spreading the love to our users is the priority. We want people to come back Smiley

My wife has launched the Eurogammon platform back then
http://www.eurogammon.eu/
used to have 2000+ active members, but without having a popular free server to play on, it went down the drain when MSN Gaming Zone closed and with my server never becoming popular I wasn't able to get the players in there.

My wife and me have quite some experience in organizing tournaments, I've even invented some new tournament formats that players loved, in fact the Eurogammon website is (except of the forum) all my work including all the tournaments.

In the end it turns out, I'm pretty good in creating opportunities, but I'm a complete failure in marketing.
If you see an opportunity there, I'm open to almost anything.
2,000+ is awesome, good for you two! I'm sure that you could get it up and running again. Do you have Telegram? If so, please PM me your username. My strong suits consist native English speaking and marketing. We might have something here.

Edit, update, here is your screenshot:
http://www.piranhazone.com/xtras/coins4days_bonusad.jpg
Top center you see what gets this stuck, because the "authentication required" just doesn't go away, cannot be cancelled nor submitted, while at the same time blocking anything else.
But to be precise, this is a milder form of this kind of ad, this one has a voice in plain english and can be terminated by pressing "Alt + arrow left", theres another of these with a strong eastern accent that isn't terminated so easy.

But while I'm at it, here's a bug you do have in your end of the site:
http://www.piranhazone.com/xtras/coins4days_bonusad2.jpg
This happens not every time, but frequently when the browser returns from the 2nd bonus link to your main site.
No big deal, refreshing the site will fix it, but I thought you want to know anyway.

Thank you for taking these screenshots. I really appreciate this. I will forward this to shorte.st support to see if that one can be removed. If you get other screenshots of the plain English speaker and the strong eastern accent, please forward those to me too. I hope they terminate these advertisements.

For the bug, we have been experiencing that with the new script update (0.9.9). Since a refresh does fix it (and as far as I know it's not malicious), we decided to keep the update. It should be taken care of in a future script update. Smiley

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:27:20 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 03:45:35 PM by Thomasio

Wow, did I get you so exited that you cannot sleep anymore? Must be middle of the night for you.
If so, no worries, this doesn't run away, it's been dormant for over 10 years, I doubt it will get a boom by next month.

No I do not have Telegram, I'm present in a gazillion forums for all kind of topics, from gaming over computers to e-cigarettes, but for direct chat I have only Skype.
Since you have been on my homepage earlier, just look up the contact page top left in the in menu.

About the greed, I can tell you stories you wouldn't believe.
I.e. I have been on some very small real money backgammon platform, where I got in touch with the owner, when he discovered I was a professional player.
They paid me $1,000 for a detailed review of their site, I've given them like 50 pages full of suggestions, they have agreed with me on every single point, expressed their surprise because most of it they never even thought of.
I was getting exited about helping to build a user friendly gaming site, but ONE day later, they terminated my advisor contract and told me they'd do about the opposite of what I had suggested, because they thought that would be better, where I could clearly see, they tried dragging an instant big profit out of it, with the predictable result the entire thing would go down the drain.
It took less than 6 months from there until their site entirely vanished from the web.

These cases make me wonder where people have been during math lessons in school, 10K profit within a week in exchange for losing a business that would pay 1K a month for many years is beyond my logic.

All these abandoned faucets, where owners don't even bother closing the pages, where users still keep trying to claim, just to receive nothing ...... I mean at the very least, when abandoning a website, one could at least delete and/or replace it with a note that is has been closed.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:03:37 PM

Wow, did I get you so exited that you cannot sleep anymore? Must be middle of the night for you.
If so, no worries, this doesn't run away, it's been dormant for over 10 years, I doubt it will get a boom by next month.
Not quite! It is 11 AM as I write this, I live on the eastern seaboard in the US. However, I do get happy when I see you replied. Grin

No I do not have Telegram, I'm present in a gazillion forums for all kind of topics, from gaming over computers to e-cigarettes, but for direct chat I have only Skype.
Since you have been on my homepage earlier, just look up the contact page top left in the in menu.

About the greed, I can tell you stories you wouldn't believe.
I.e. I have been on some very small real money backgammon platform, where I got in touch with the owner, when he discovered I was a professional player.
They paid me $1,000 for a detailed review of their site, I've given them like 50 pages full of suggestions, they have agreed with me on every single point, expressed their surprise because most of it they never even thought of.
I was getting exited about helping to build a user friendly gaming site, but ONE day later, they terminated my advisor contract and told me they'd do about the opposite of what I had suggested, because they thought that would be better, where I could clearly see, they tried dragging an instant big profit out of it, with the predictable result the entire thing would go down the drain.
It took less than 6 months from there until their site entirely vanished from the web.

Oh, I believe you. It sounds like you very much know what you are talking about and you are all about the big picture. They weren't on the same page as you, though. You were thinking long term, they were thinking quick money. Simple as that. Not your fault, I hope you still got paid for your time.

These cases make me wonder where people have been during math lessons in school, 10K profit within a week in exchange for losing a business that would pay 1K a month for many years is beyond my logic.

All these abandoned faucets, where owners don't even bother closing the pages, where users still keep trying to claim, just to receive nothing ...... I mean at the very least, when abandoning a website, one could at least delete and/or replace it with a note that is has been closed.

Instant gratification is the answer. People want everything now and not later, no matter what they lose. I am more of a big picture thinker, personally. I like to work hard now to have a better endgame if that makes sense.

They don't close the pages because they still get paid from their ad spots, probably. This is why it's good when sites say how much they have in their faucet balance, it helps avoid that problem. People won't go to a faucet when they are sure there is nothing to claim from it.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:38:19 PM

Yeah, I kinda figured they keep pages open because the ads still pay.
That's why I've included the info of when I last got paid by a faucet in the faucet list on my homepage.

Talking about the long term picture, the best investment I've ever done was my solar panels, which cut the outrageous electricity bills in Italy in half, which is way better than any other investment could pay (except of those moon shots if one had bought BTC for $5 a piece some years ago).

Cryptos is for me a fun game aside, way too risky for comfort, way too much fraud going on with it.
I have less than $200 invested in cryptos and that's already double my actual initial investment from where the value has gone up.
zidk

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:06:49 AM

I use this site daily and today when I try to go to http://www.coins4days.com/faucet/ it redirects to http://lion.vivawebhost.com/suspended.page/ , which states "This Account Has Been Suspended".  Hopefully this can be fixed and is only temporary...  Huh
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 12:55:34 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 09:11:25 PM by Coins4Days

I use this site daily and today when I try to go to http://www.coins4days.com/faucet/ it redirects to http://lion.vivawebhost.com/suspended.page/ , which states "This Account Has Been Suspended".  Hopefully this can be fixed and is only temporary...  Huh

Yes! This issue is a little over one hour old at the time of writing. I hope to have this solved within the next 24 hours. We went over our hosting resources and they cut the cord on us because of this. But, do not fret, C4D is not going anywhere! All we need is a little upgrade from our hosting provider and things should be running smoothly again.

Update 9:15 PM EST: We found new host that takes care of our needs. Now we must transfer everything over from the old host to the new one. Expected downtime: 12 hours max. Chances are this will take a shorter amount of time. Just being safe!

Update 9:45 AM EST: We are having trouble moving all site files. Expected downtime: 12 hours.

Update 10:15 AM EST: All we need is our new hosting provider to forward us NS information and we will be good to go. Expected downtime: 2 hours after this information is received.

Update 3:38 PM EST: I have been sitting in front of my computer since 9 AM trying to get this solved. To keep things short:
-The new hosting provider ended up being terrible.
-We are moving to scala hosting.
-I will notify everyone when the nameservers are switched over. I do not have access to our domain registrar account.

rafolon

Activity: 638
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 09:04:57 PM

Please put again solvemedia

Currently paying sites
HITBITS ||  SATOSHILABS || NETBOX || PRESEARCH || FREEBTC || COINTIPLY
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 10:42:10 PM

Please put again solvemedia

Hey Rafolon,

We were forced to turn on Recaptcha. Bots are running rampant on Coins4Days at the moment. SolveMedia does not do as nearly good of a job as Recaptcha does at catching them. Once the bots start to settle and I'm not constantly banning hundreds of IP's on a weekly basis, we will turn SolveMedia back on.

Thomasio

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 11:38:25 PM

.... but you are aware they are literally ALL on a dynamic IP, aren't you?
If you keep banning all IP's a bot comes from, you might as well block entire providers or even entire countries, because that's what it comes down to, only doing this one by one takes WAY more of your time.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: