Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:50:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:53:41 PM

Investing and holding bitcoin is risky because we can never know if the price of bitcoin will continue to grow or it will suddenly drop down and not recover again then all your money in investment will be gone. And one thing is the possibility of your bitcoin wallet to be hacked if not highly secured. But no risk no gain so you just have to be more cautious and knowledgeable to know when to place and withdraw your bitcoin.

Its not easy for anyone to hack your bitcoin wallet if you have taken preventive measures and if you have 2FA as I save my bitcoins in electrum wallet and I haven't faced any issue related to security and safety of my coins so far and I don't see any risk in holding bitcoins for long term as price will be much higher after next couple of years.
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:03:42 PM

Keep your wallets secured. Hackers fear still there. I dont think anything else will challenge holding bitcoins. Many regions are yet to allow bitcoins used. This may be said as illegal. It depends on people how they move against it.

usekevin

Activity: 2226
Merit: 558

Need Manager!!Hire Me!! Telegram Id @Usekevin

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:22:07 PM

Investing and holding bitcoin is risky because we can never know if the price of bitcoin will continue to grow or it will suddenly drop down and not recover again then all your money in investment will be gone. And one thing is the possibility of your bitcoin wallet to be hacked if not highly secured. But no risk no gain so you just have to be more cautious and knowledgeable to know when to place and withdraw your bitcoin.

Its not easy for anyone to hack your bitcoin wallet if you have taken preventive measures and if you have 2FA as I save my bitcoins in electrum wallet and I haven't faced any issue related to security and safety of my coins so far and I don't see any risk in holding bitcoins for long term as price will be much higher after next couple of years.

Ya true it is not at all possible to hack your bitcoin from the wallet.For example they try to hack 0.0001 btc from your wallet means,they have to spend 0.01 btc to hack .It is fully suck their dollar.So no  will try to hack your bitcoin and all.Even I am holding my bitcoin for the period of one complete year.So you can hold your bitcoin.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:58:07 PM

Well there is always a risk on any type of investment.In case of bitcoins you never know what could happen as bitcoins are very unpredictable and has a volatile or unstable market.And bitcoins prices are dependent on the demands of bitcoins from people and investors so if an other coin appears and becames popular than bitcoins price will surely fall.I think that cashing out when bitcoins has reached an very high price as it can fall pretty fast is a good option.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:03:25 PM

Holding bitcoins is the sure shot way to make profits in long term and if you have bought your bitcoins last year and still holding then you very well know how bitcoins has given you the best results so even if you buy now and hold for next few years you will never be disappointed for sure.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:38:19 PM

Bitcoin is volatile, the surprising way how it pumps may also happen the same way in dumping. Bitcoin value changes from time to time, it actually rises to $6000 dollar by now. Personally I still put my trust with bitcoin even knowing the risk. Bitcoin have been tested for more years and still expecting to rise. Seeing the current demand, we could expect greater value in the next months.
Volatility is the only feature which some people found sacry and it becomes gard for them to believe in it but it is alos the cause behind this much fame and support. Due to its volatile nature, it attracts investors daily. This way, people just not only find bitcoin as the best investment tool but thrilling also. Withouit these random pumps and dumps, nobody will earn good profits. Sometimes what we see a fault becomes the blessing in disguise.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:22:32 AM

I am holding my bitcoins since last 3 years and I don't see any risk in holding it as it has only given me good results over a period of time and for the same reason I am planning to hold my coins for next couple of years too as my target price is $10k and will sell my coins only when I see that price on the board.
Jombitt

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:38:01 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

The value of bitcoin is always changing from time to time so the biggest risk is you could lose all of your money in bitcoin when the price dump and never recover.But its only a small a chance so dont worry. Also you can lose your bitcoin when you do not put much security in your bitcoin wallet. Hackers can easily steal all of your funds

pimvinken

Activity: 200
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:33:23 AM

There are many risk in holding bitcoin: you can be hack if hacker know you own too much money but this is very rare because nowaday there are many secure layers on websites made it harder for hackers. Another reason is when you are holding bitcoin in your wallet and oneday bitcoin price drop you may lose your money.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:35:57 AM

I am holding my bitcoins since last 3 years and I don't see any risk in holding it as it has only given me good results over a period of time and for the same reason I am planning to hold my coins for next couple of years too as my target price is $10k and will sell my coins only when I see that price on the board.

We are all expecting good results, but keep in mind there are some risks, be prepared for any consequence... We are on a good moment, Bitcoin is showing nice results, but it's very unstable and easily influenceable by events that are out of our countrol, like countries regulamentations. Depending how these regulamentations are done it can affect Bitcoin's price negatively and we can have some losses with our investments. Always have a plan B.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:38:14 AM

Price bitcojn always change every hour, every minute, the risk to keep bitcoin is yes
Bitcoin can dump, but it will recover soon
keep calm
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:40:50 AM

There are many risk in holding bitcoin: you can be hack if hacker know you own too much money but this is very rare because nowaday there are many secure layers on websites made it harder for hackers. Another reason is when you are holding bitcoin in your wallet and oneday bitcoin price drop you may lose your money.
Yes, I agree with you
I'm not worried about the risk of bitcoin dropping, I just worry that my bitcoin was stolen, the bad sites and hackers are trying to do this.
nkarm1

Activity: 306

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:44:54 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

The risk involved with it is quite obvious, and if you haven't experienced it yet it is the thing called volatility. The level of uncertainty of bitcoin is still high but as far as my knowledge it is now decreasing based from statistical studies of experts out there. So enjoy it as long as it is quite wild, because you might missed this wild market.  Grin. Other risk involved out there is the factor of being hacked of your wallet, but the risk depends on you because the network is very secured. So always take care of your private keys and avoid online wallets for HODL purposes.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:59:04 AM

What do you think is the biggest risk? You could lose all your money. That's the risk. Are you prepared to hold it long term if the value decreases by thousands? What if it never recovers? Can you take the losses? Nothing is guaranteed.

True. The risk is losing absolutely EVERYTHING you have poured in i.e. the entire value of your cash that you have used to purchase Bitcoins. It is because like all other investments, the risk is to lose all that is left of you. But, of course, there are also chances of winning and recovering from a bad debt so long as you make a wise choice. Bottom line is, the risk you lose is twice (or thrice) as much as the risk you have put in. It all depends on time since Bitcoins' value is highly changeable. 
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:23:35 AM

You know that the bitcoins value if can increase ut can also decrease. You can lose your hard earned money(or ypu can gain more). Are you sure about the future. No. Seeing the charts of bitcoin I can tell that its market value can fall any moment and it could be also a great fall as it has been seen in the past. But maybe the prices can increase. Are you ready to take this risk? Just keep your head above the water if this comes falling down. Don't invest all of your money into bicoins. Also since nowadays hackers are being able to successfully hack into one's wallets that is a big risk factor.
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:29:50 AM

1) Bitcoin price might go down
2) Govenrment might ban Bitcoin in their country
3) Panic selling might happen
4) Bubble price might pop and lead do big drop of price
5) Price ceiling might hit which then price will only go down.
6) Hackers or just being neglectful and loosing your account
7) Bitcoin might be used for illegal activities and might push the prohibitation or freeze the trading of Bitcoins.
axorb

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:59:17 AM

They can get hacked in uncommon events. PCs can be tainted by infection or infused your PC a keylogger so they can undoubtedly get informations like passwords or private keys store on your PC. Along these lines, you should put your bitcoins to clean tablet and clean it routinely. Other than that. Bitcoin nature is unpredictable thus as different digital forms of money in the market. They are not steady. Wild swings may happen. It's a genuine hazard. Be that as it may, don't stress since this is bitcoin. It can without much of a stretch recuperate from a crash. Truth be told, this is the greatest digital money with $150 billion market top. You will comprehend why we esteem bitcoin.
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:22:03 PM

I think the risk of holding bitcoin is the possibility of losing, the value if bitcoin is fluctuating so it will surely come a time that the value will go down. But I am quite sure that it will rise up again consideringvthe history of bitcoin value. Don't be feared if the value goes down coz surely it will hit up again.
saeyeen

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:59:52 PM

Investing your money always comes with a risk so if you are a risk taker then you can hold bitcoin for long term like 2-3 years so that you will not worry if there are days that bitcoin price will go down but since I joined this community I've seen bitcoin grow almost every month so I think holding bitcoin is less of a risk rather than holding altcoins.

Jelly0621

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:28:30 PM

Bitcoin is fluctuating. We'll never what will happen in the future. No one knows, though. Meaning, you will lose or gain from holding your bitcoin.

For the past few months I had to stop earning bitcoin but it did mutiplies 8x without doing anything just holding it on my pocket.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: