Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:49:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:33:13 AM

the biggest risk to hold coin is putting your all fund in a wrong coin. theres have a coin that in the first place the price is ok but in the other day the price of this is became priceless...sso its better to search and review your coin before invest and hold..
Actually you have misunderstood the question. Question was not about any coin, it was related to bitcoin specifically. Still as you said, that is absolutely true in its own regard. When you are coming into trade and you are likely to take a start. Don’t just dive in blindly. Make a strong research. Read, write, learn, calculate and do every important thing that can save your profits.

bitzizzix

Activity: 2394
Merit: 448

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:59:31 AM

The biggest risk is that the price crashes to near zero, main reasons for this happening would be some sort of major government cut down trying to stop bitcoin or some major technical failure.
I think we should be wise to make decisions, because we do not know the future and no one can predict. do not wait long or too long if you do not want to regret, if the drastic decline in what can, only panyesalan .. enough to sell it at a suitable price and profitable ..
now the government has begun to fret with the increasing bitcoin that use it and start interfering .. stay alert and wise.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
vandvl

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:27:07 AM

the risk of holding bitcoin is to lose but thats have less potential to lose if you are a long term investment and the other is low security of wallet if you are a holder bitcoin you have potential to earn for investment but you can see your earn in a year..and the risk is to lose
Mukulislam

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:37:51 AM

The risk is when your investment will all lose. There is no guarantee that it always increasing the price of bitcoin.  The best suggestion is always invest where if you loose that it should effect your personal needs.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:55:49 AM

Risk is you can lose much money, but if no risk you no earn more money. Sure!

And you maybe look and earn more about bitcoin and politics all about them.
Absolutely, if you don’t take risk, believe me there will not be any profits for you. Or even if you somehow get lucky and you get your profit that will not last for long time. So better is to take risks but take them with much care.

You must have known the basics of that business, keep calculating the whole scenario and then take wise decisions. Risks are ultimately turned to profits.
I don’t think so there is any risk in holding bitcoin in your offline wallet for a long time.
Bitcoin keeps on increasing in value and I have seen many people becoming rich in short time just by holding bitcoin. We should not listen to those who are against holding bitcoin for long time. In the crypto market, holding of bitcoin is the most successful method of making money without any risk at all.
Mostly those people who become rich through holding bitcoin is those who forgot they have bitcoin stored in the old wallet.
And the amount is hundreds/thousands bitcoin , once they realized the price has skyrocketed they dig it and found it worth millions of dollars .
Basically those kinds people did not take a risk , but more to an accidental investment , yeaaa a lot of good story come from early adopters , you might can follow the way they make an investment.
DHORBUNOV

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:59:43 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
The risk as at all, in one moment it can fail. While everyone is holding, hoping that it will be even higher, but it's time to think that this can not be forever, therefore, although not quickly, but little by little it is necessary to take bitcoin into dollars.
travelgear17

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:09:06 AM

The biggest risk is that the price crashes to near zero, main reasons for this happening would be some sort of major government cut down trying to stop bitcoin or some major technical failure.
I think we should be wise to make decisions, because we do not know the future and no one can predict. do not wait long or too long if you do not want to regret, if the drastic decline in what can, only panyesalan .. enough to sell it at a suitable price and profitable ..
now the government has begun to fret with the increasing bitcoin that use it and start interfering .. stay alert and wise.
Government cut down trying to stop bitcoin or some major technical failure this is the main fact about falling the bitcoin price but it's not possible to dumping at closed to zero market value. So i think there is no risk if you take a best decision in the right time.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:14:18 AM

i think there are few number peoples that think that bitcoin holding is dangerous because they think that if the government has take any action on the bitcoin then they will face a problem so i want to tell them that bitcoin is decentralized coin and no one can affect their rate we can see the example of china they have tried to ban ICO's in their country but bitcoin have feel no affect but the rate is increased more.
Irdina

Activity: 502

TheFutbolCoin

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:15:02 AM

If you only invest in bitcoin,  the risk is very small,  Instead of investing in altcoin.
If you have bitcoin hold as strong as you, you will get a lot of profit.Don't buy another altcoin if you can not choose and research.

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀          T h e F u t b o l C o i n     [    App Store    ] [   Google Play   ]          ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀        WHITEPAPER    |    TEAM    |    TWITTER    |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK        ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:42:57 AM

I think there is not any big risk involves with bitcoin because the day after tomorrow the popularity and value of bitcoin will rise so to keep this bitcoin I think it is very useful for us in the current time we are looking for bitcoins and we are collecting in many activities like online assignments and the n we keep it in our wallets for future use.

Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:54:53 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 10:01:47 PM by Flor1982

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.

The risk will be if your private keys including your username and passwords will be stolen. The market value is not to be considered a risk as long as you have always monitor the market value and the everyday news of the bitcoin so that you are always updated of the situations to make an advance planning. But if you will not be careful of your keys and passwords the risk of stealing your bitcoin is imminent.
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:50:22 AM

No doubt holding your bitcoin's  is a key to earn huge profits but there can be a risk in holding your BTC's sometimes.We hold BTC's because we have thought that it's price  will rise and we  will earn some profit .But what if the price goes down when you want to sell it.You will not get what you expected .This is the risk involved in holding Bitcoin.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:01:47 PM

The biggest risk in holding bitcoin is that you can lose because of the rapidly changing bitcoine price. It could be the greatest possibility that you are buying bitcoins much more than selling bitcoins. This is a risk when trading, you are betting to invest the money you have. My message is that you should be patient and look at your opportunities. Make a decision with a lot of considerations but do not wait too long because you can lose good momentum.
Burks

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:13:57 PM

The biggest risk in holding bitcoin is that you can lose because of the rapidly changing bitcoine price. It could be the greatest possibility that you are buying bitcoins much more than selling bitcoins. This is a risk when trading, you are betting to invest the money you have. My message is that you should be patient and look at your opportunities. Make a decision with a lot of considerations but do not wait too long because you can lose good momentum.

The biggest risk in bitcoin is the volatility the price sings is very high so you might your bitcoin in trading.Easy to lose,If your credit card is stolen or somebody hacks into your bank account there is a good chance you will not lose any money as banks will fix your balance. Even cash can be potentially recovered if the police acts fast. But with Bitcoin if you lose it you lost it for good. There is no mechanism to recover stolen or lost Bitcoins.

Still too new. Bitcoin is only a few years old. It's possible that a competing crypto currency becomes more successful than Bitcoin or that somebody somehow finds a major flaw in the system. We don't have decades of history yet.

Can't buy stuff. There aren't a lot of places where Bitcoins are accepted as payment. This is likely to change, but for now the average person will mostly buy Bitcoins as investment.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:18:29 PM

Despite bitcoin being so succesful in the past few years, and the hype behiend it since it is considered a new thing poeple don't know the risks behiend it, probably the biggest risk in my opinion is regulation of the bitcoin, right now there are no writen laws that regulate or make bitcoin illeagal, but if at a certain time when poeple strat using it so much and goverments decide to regulated than it could have a major effect on its price, for exemple if china decide to limite or ban exchanging or holding bitcoin than the prices to crash and that is due to the fact that they hold the largest amount of bitcoin in the world.
FoxTheHuman

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:36:44 PM

I think there is not any big risk involves with bitcoin because the day after tomorrow the popularity and value of bitcoin will rise so to keep this bitcoin I think it is very useful for us in the current time we are looking for bitcoins and we are collecting in many activities like online assignments and the n we keep it in our wallets for future use.
What you think may be true is that more and more people are looking for it but not so it does not have any risk. When the bad rumors about it appear the risk will come.
N@p$t3r

Activity: 99

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:56:05 PM

There is no risk if you regularly look at the market price and read the news. You only HODL if you are really a bitcoin enthusiast, because if you are just like those noobs out there who buy bitcoin just to become some kind of nerdy cool pendejos then you should forget about it. HODL if you believe.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:58:03 PM

the risk is if HODL the bitcoin in long term then the value derceases. every crypto the value hi and lo
bubble pop

Activity: 265

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:02:33 PM

For me the risk of investing in bitcoins is their price, maybe you're holding it for top long that will come to the point that your money will be worth nothing. But that will only happen if and only if the value of bitcoins will drop and will totally fall. And we all know that it will not happen because a lot of big people are in to thia stuff and they will not let their money go to nothing. So the second risk is it might get hacked if their will be a very great hacker that will hack you wallet so bitcoins will not have liabilities to that if that happens. And also the price is not stable so if you hold your bitcoins and spmething happens then it falls and when you needed the money, you will probably cut your loss and thats awful
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:24:40 PM

the risk is if HODL the bitcoin in long term then the value derceases. every crypto the value hi and lo

I don't think that's the case. On the contrary, the longer you hold, the more the value of btc grows. So the risks are much lower than doing aggressive day trades.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: