Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:24:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
geoduv

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:42:21 PM

Your question have 2 answers :
- the risk of being hacked
- the risk of the bitcoin having no more value

risk of being hacked : buy a physical wallet and the risk of being hacked is very  low
risk of the price dump and bitcoin not have value more ... It can happen for sure: in that case never put more than you can afford ... if the price fall you need to have confiance and think that the price will jump one day in the future...
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:25:59 PM

if you take into account this year's rally for bitcoin it does seem like there is minimal risk involved. but holding btc is the same as holding any other currency, so the risk is the same. don't do the mistake of thinking that bitcoin is never falling and always rising.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:45:48 PM

The risk of losing your bitcoins if your wallet isn't secure enough. I won't go deep on this topic, as a lot of threads here in bitcointalk and on reddit has addressed the security topic already.

Also, bitcoin could nose-dive in price anytime. Even though in theory, bitcoin's price should continue to go up longterm due to supply and demand, it isn't guaranteed. That's why people always suggest that you only invest what you can afford to lose.
Having a suitable wallet for you to hold your Bitcoin is one of the problem that people who uses Bitcoin have. Because we could not hide the fact that bitcoin is a part of technology being in the form of crypto-currency, we should always take action in terms of making our holding always safe and if possible secure enough for us to keep it as a whole and used it in different transactions, investments and for savings.
rausvi15

Activity: 806
Merit: 507

Trusted Campaign manager

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 05:52:12 PM

Your question have 2 answers :
- the risk of being hacked
- the risk of the bitcoin having no more value

risk of being hacked : buy a physical wallet and the risk of being hacked is very  low
risk of the price dump and bitcoin not have value more ... It can happen for sure: in that case never put more than you can afford ... if the price fall you need to have confiance and think that the price will jump one day in the future...
This is not answers these are possibilities and threats. there are many more threats and possibilities are out there for holding bitcoin, but all these threats have no more effect on you if you use blockchained wallets and secure servers on internet. All these securities depend upon holder that how well they manage his wallet and secure his machine from hackers, Firewall can also increase protection of you machine.

pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:00:28 PM

if you take into account this year's rally for bitcoin it does seem like there is minimal risk involved. but holding btc is the same as holding any other currency, so the risk is the same. don't do the mistake of thinking that bitcoin is never falling and always rising.
I think there is no risk in holding because it is dame like having money in wallet but difference is in crypto holding gives a lot of profit and those who are willing to invest into the bitcoin for long terms are willing to hold their coins because holding for long term generate good revenue for the investor and by doing so invest and hold for the sake of the good future and this will give you a worry less life ahead.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:46:50 PM

the risk of holding bitcoin is to lose but thats have less potential to lose if you are a long term investment and the other is low security of wallet if you are a holder bitcoin you have potential to earn for investment but you can see your earn in a year..and the risk is to lose
I don’t think there is some major risk in holding. I don’t understand the people who are still in confusion about bitcoin prices. They must have to learn the technical terms and then they must assure themselves they have basic knowledge of bitcoin. If they have, then I am sure they will easily get to know the reality and beauty of bitcoin. Holding in bitcoin is always preferable with so much low risk.
jack1111

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:20:23 PM

The risk takes several forms, one of them is the holder himself, by not storing his private key safely, or by following fishing links that lead to stealing your wallet, so you should consider this technical risk, not only the financial one.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:35:16 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
The biggest risk is that the price crashes and you are left holding your bitcoins for a loss for a very long time, that is what happened after the Mt Gox crash, however the possibility of that happening anymore is way lower right now, so I would not worry that much about that.
satish37

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:14:22 PM

Its so fast  , if you noticed its move from $2400 to above $6000, if it swings down sudden temp loss will not be bearable , sentiments will disturb after all we are human, but opposite is also true , holding for a large profit is better no risk .   But remember never put all eggs in a single basket.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:46:26 PM

For me there is no risk of holding bitcoin. Because it's safe in your wallet, you cannot loss any amount of bitcoin if you are not using your bitcoin in any platform, like betting or trading. So much better to hold your bitcoins.
Karen23

Activity: 189

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:41:49 PM

One of the risks, is losing your private key when forgetting your password. Another one is buying your bitcoin at peak and selling it  at low price because of panic. Another one is if the internet, signals, telecommunication, technology vanish which is impossible except if there will be a third world war.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:33:23 AM

In my opinion the risk is the price can be drop anytime, lower than price when we bought it. But by hold Bitcoin the risk is lower than altcoin. Bitcoin is very strong in fundamental and the price still possible going up 10 times.

spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:47:22 AM

In business, loss is a risk. What is certain or what we will experience, in this case depends on how we predict and speculate. In terms of holding bitcoins at this time, we can avoid losses with patience. Bitcoin prices themselves can change at any time. So if we are patient, we can sell it when the price is high. So the risk of losing us will never be natural.
Olis1000

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:21:30 AM

Personally to me I don't think of the risk of.holding a bitcoin .... Because it never a risk to hold bitcoin...I always want to hold it...
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:04:18 AM

the risk of holding bitcoin is to lose but thats have less potential to lose if you are a long term investment and the other is low security of wallet if you are a holder bitcoin you have potential to earn for investment but you can see your earn in a year..and the risk is to lose
I don’t think there is some major risk in holding. I don’t understand the people who are still in confusion about bitcoin prices. They must have to learn the technical terms and then they must assure themselves they have basic knowledge of bitcoin. If they have, then I am sure they will easily get to know the reality and beauty of bitcoin. Holding in bitcoin is always preferable with so much low risk.
The risk of holding bitcoin is the deep value of this coin in the market, because due to fully confident of all users regarding with the value of bitcoin. Some people are anticipated that bitcoin amount was not stopping increasing but due to overconfident they were encountered of wrong speculation.
But regarding with that, the better way we can do is to invest in the other coins or altcoins to decentralize our investment.
principledquince

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:10:26 AM

For me the biggest risk of holding a bitcoin is that the posibility to loose all your money. You should have an idea about bitcoin like how it works before investing on it.
pratik009

Activity: 365
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:11:19 AM

I think there is no risk in holding off Bitcoin.As you know the Bitcoin price increasing everyday so if you want to think for long term holding then it's very profitable for you.And Bitcoin has long history and it is King of all cryptocurrency.so I think btc is the best option for your investment than altcoins.And if you think about the short term investment then it is also less risky than the trading and gambling.beacause in holding you just loss the difference between byuing and selling price.
Freshmen

Activity: 334

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:37:46 AM

the risk is if HODL the bitcoin in long term then the value derceases. every crypto the value hi and lo
In my opinion, there is no risk of holding bitcoin and that too for quite a long period of time if you are having control on your emotions. Risk will be there only in that case when you are bad in controlling your nerves at the tough situations. You need to remain cool and calm and you should have believe in bitcoin. Bitcoin will help you earn much more money than you ever expected to earn.

clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:53:27 AM

The only risk is that bitcoin will experience correction before it get to another height.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:37:26 PM

the risk is if HODL the bitcoin in long term then the value derceases. every crypto the value hi and lo

I don't think that's the case. On the contrary, the longer you hold, the more the value of btc grows. So the risks are much lower than doing aggressive day trades.
The risks are lower if you hold long term but at the same time if a new crypto appeared that everyone wanted to use and that was better than bitcoin in every form then your investment in bitcoin will go down that is why it is important to keep ourselves informed even if your aim is to hold long term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: