Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
ahasan909

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:16:56 AM

Cryptocurrency means risk,  If you have to take risk then you can gain, and bitcoin is the on of the largest currency in the world,

I guess its little risk if bitcoin is  down. there is the main risk.
saleenasmith

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:33:32 AM

Not really any Risk, But Folks are this Bitcoin is a Bubble and will Burst someday and BOOM nothing Left..
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:52:25 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

If you really believe in bitcoin, you can say to yourself that it has almost no risk in investing to bitcoin. It always depend on how much do you want to risk because I think we always have doubt sometime, and not 100% trust the current position of bitcoin. It is not like buying a phone which deppreciates its value on the next day after you bought it. Bitcoins value is always uprising so maybe the risk is negligible.
There are so many cryptos popping out with great and greater innovations and when they can prove themselves to be useful and people tend to adopt its usage, then those are the kind of new altcoins or ICOs worth investing.

All the above, they can still be very risky as well depending on how far the team is willing to do everything to push it, but most times, the coins doo speak for themselves and they can be worth holding for long term. With BTC though, the risk reduces.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:08:19 PM

The biggest risk when investing in Bitcoin is that Internet is disappeared.  Cheesy. But I don't think that will happen. Let brave and invest, man!
For me i think the biggest risk is that you can lose money on investment if bitcoins price will drops. So my advice is buy a lot of bitcoins whenever the price is down because it will probably goes up against and even if it falls again, you will not bother for your loss because you just bought it for a cheaper price. But if ever that you loss money through bitcoins do not cut your loss ever because you might regret it so, the best option is fill your bags whenever there is a downfall and enjoy the profit when it recovers.
ArtPt

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:10:49 PM

Currently I see a zero-risk if you invested, for example, $100 in Bitcoin, waited for a some amount of time, for example half a year, then traded back your $100 into fiat money, and everythings extra is your "free" profit. You can lose it, probably, but without risk of losing something already yours.
cryptorony

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:14:57 PM

The biggest risk are.
1.You may be hacked and all of your money are gone.
cause hackers target bigger wallets.
2.price could drop as well.bitcoins market is very volatile.
3.once you start in bitcoin ,you will surely found other altcoins ,and maybe you loose money by investing there also.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:38:03 PM

The biggest risk when investing in Bitcoin is that Internet is disappeared.  Cheesy. But I don't think that will happen. Let brave and invest, man!
For me i think the biggest risk is that you can lose money on investment if bitcoins price will drops. So my advice is buy a lot of bitcoins whenever the price is down because it will probably goes up against and even if it falls again, you will not bother for your loss because you just bought it for a cheaper price. But if ever that you loss money through bitcoins do not cut your loss ever because you might regret it so, the best option is fill your bags whenever there is a downfall and enjoy the profit when it recovers.

It's highly unlikely for that to happen but as with any investment - stocks, bonds etc. there will always be a risk.

At any moment, you cannot say for sure but we may experience a collapse. We would like to stay confident and continue to believe that bitcoin is strong as compared to the other cryptos and it is resilient however there are a lot of other external factors that may affect it. So a risk there is in holding bitcoin is to lose your investment once it suddenly collapses.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:32:28 PM

lol, what the? internet will never be disappeard or its impossible for it to happen because it plays a great role in our daily lives , we need internet to do our jobs and important things in life. but i guess the biggest risk of holding bitcoins is loosing (i.e loosing its value) yet basing on the value of bitcoins these days i can say that it wont really happen because bitcoin is still increasing and will never be loose its value.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:00:15 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.

If you really believe in bitcoin, you can say to yourself that it has almost no risk in investing to bitcoin. It always depend on how much do you want to risk because I think we always have doubt sometime, and not 100% trust the current position of bitcoin. It is not like buying a phone which deppreciates its value on the next day after you bought it. Bitcoins value is always uprising so maybe the risk is negligible.
Most times, especially when trying to buy with fiat, trying to look for a good buy in is always an issue most especially if it is in a high buy zone and sometimes, you just end up waiting only to discover that the amount you missed could have been the best amount to buy. However, bitcoin will always appreciate in value over time as you have said as more people keep adopting it and as the usage level in real life keeps increasing.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:03:36 PM

lol, what the? internet will never be disappeard or its impossible for it to happen because it plays a great role in our daily lives , we need internet to do our jobs and important things in life. but i guess the biggest risk of holding bitcoins is loosing (i.e loosing its value) yet basing on the value of bitcoins these days i can say that it wont really happen because bitcoin is still increasing and will never be loose its value.
I think that the disappearance of the Internet will need to worry only when at least 3 world wars come to our world. Then, in fact, all Modern technologies can fail. But to date, investing in Bitcoin is all the same promising and first of all because my forecasts indicate an increase in prices in the future.
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:49:47 PM

Technically I see more stability in the BTC Crypto world than the FIAT world, but the government here has proven over and over that they will come and bail out the big corps here and the banks, minimizing the immediate risk in FIAT. 

Do not think that most of us here do not see that the long term here for FIAT, because of things like those bail outs is very rough, but for the moment, it is fine.

Now the price of bitcoin slowly going to stable at 6000 $.If you had brought bitcoin at the price was 4000$.Now your Profit for one single bitcoin is 2350$.This value itself a price of bitcoin one past day.The price of bitcoin will further moves upward ,so at this time also you can hold your bitcoin for bulk profit from bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
octaviomoreno

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:11:20 PM

The biggest risk when you're holding Bitcoin is somedays, the blockchain system is fallen , everything will become dust , included valuation of your Bitcoin too. As other property, Bitcoin could lose it's valuation someway too.
BlackBi88

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:42:47 PM

You are interested in investing in bitcoin for profit, holding your Bitcoin as well as playing stocks, will have to either up or down the exchange rate. The biggest risk when holding BTC is that if you are lucky you will lose money. Should choose when the exchange rate BTC down to buy, sure you will make a profit.  Grin
brampower

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:13:26 PM

Cryptocurrency means risk,  If you have to take risk then you can gain, and bitcoin is the on of the largest currency in the world,

I guess its little risk if bitcoin is  down. there is the main risk.
Is that coined with the name that cryptocurrency means risk  Tongue if you invest in shares there is a risk whether the stock would crash if the company is under performing or the market bleeds like in the past,so risk is involved when ever you invest your money and so there is nothing wrong in investing a few dollars and holding the coins for a longer time.
sirat01

Activity: 202

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:16:26 PM

I think invest in bitcoin is best investment and lowest risk ever Smiley because bitcoin price will pump more.People using start bitcoin in their daily life.Only risk is if bitcoin price dump.But I think bitcoin price will be dump only more few days then it will pump again Smiley
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:28:51 PM

I think invest in bitcoin is best investment and lowest risk ever Smiley because bitcoin price will pump more.People using start bitcoin in their daily life.Only risk is if bitcoin price dump.But I think bitcoin price will be dump only more few days then it will pump again Smiley
I think that will not be a huge risk buy bitcoin on the lowest price for the next sharp drop. different there are random situation that enable биткoинy fall down, but definitely all know that even before the end of this year we will see the new highs in the price of bitcoin.
djimbim0

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:07:23 PM

I think that will not be a huge risk buy bitcoin on the lowest price for the next sharp drop. different there are random situation that enable биткoинy fall down, but definitely all know that even before the end of this year we will see the new highs in the price of bitcoin.

I agree with you. With long-term retention of bitcoin, the risks are minimal. We can see this if we look at the bitcoine price chart for several years

GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:12:18 PM

I think that before investing in Bitcoin you should consider reading about Forex market and understand its logic, if you do so, I believe that you can understand by yourself the risks and potential of it. In addition if you invest with more than 6000$ it`s good to hold it but if you think to invest with less dollars I would recommend checking the alt coins for more profitable trade. But as most of the users have said nothin is guaranteed and if you fear from taking risks better don`t step here.
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:13:46 PM

As bitcoin cannot disappear, the only risk (quite little) is a substantial drop in the price. But many people invested heavily so this scenario is quite unlikely.
Be sure you have a strong password to protect your wallet. This will help to prevent from having the value of your btc going to zero!
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:15:45 PM

I think that before investing in Bitcoin you should consider reading about Forex market and understand its logic, if you do so, I believe that you can understand by yourself the risks and potential of it. In addition if you invest with more than 6000$ it`s good to hold it but if you think to invest with less dollars I would recommend checking the alt coins for more profitable trade. But as most of the users have said nothin is guaranteed and if you fear from taking risks better don`t step here.

That’s true, if you are really fear to loose money then bitcoin is not for you. This is all about taking risk which can give you higher profit specially in long term. Holding on to bitcoin will surely make good money for you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: