Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:26:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:05:33 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

the risk of holding bitcoin for the long term may be the price that suddenly goes down and rises with a long time so we will lose because the price has not risen yet
I think of holding of bitcoin as the best thing to do. The only risk which you can have of holding of bitcoin is when you are not having good control over your nerves. There are likely chances of this thing that the market price will fall down. So at that time, you need to remain patient. If you will go for panic selling, then you will get nothing fruitful in return. In fact, you will regret in the future.
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:32:16 PM

Take note that bitcoin price always has a pumps and dumps, so if you been careless when you buy bitcoin theres always a possibility of loosing your money for me thats the risk.  So be careful, study and analyze first before investing in bitcoin.

It is normal that the price is volatile because it depends on the supply and demand but for some other coins you really need to have a good analysis before investing to know if the certain coin has a potential to grow before investing.
If it is about an altcoin, there is surely the need to make some findings first. However, bitcoin is the mother of all and we have all seen how interesting it has been holding it.

I do not even expect people to be worried much as the risk keeps reducing daily as we keep seeing much more usage for it, but the most essential thing is not to go all in and make use of the best moment. If no one took the bold risk of investing in the few years it was developed, we would not even be here now, or maybe just starting.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:36:57 PM

The biggest threat when Holding Bitcoin is we will lose. because we do not know someday what will happen, Bitcoin price could be much more decreased than when we buy it. that is to be reckoned with, but for those who are willing to take profits then they have to take risks. hope and pray continue hopefully Bitcoin price increases. but if you see the movement then the graph shows the increase and the positive trend will continue to occur even though on the way there will be things that might be able to stop our trust in Bitcoin. decline and rise in price rates Bitcoin is very reasonable to happen.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:26:27 PM

The biggest risk of holding Bitcoin is loss all your money if your bitcoin account are not protected your bitcoin account can quite be hacked
Loss your money when price of bitcoin is dump but i dont believe this case
Who says holding will lead to the loss and hacking is now in the past man now security protocols are so good that this wallet cannot be hacked so hold as long as u wish there will be no loss for investor and I am holding my coins from last two year I never faced a single penny loss so how are you saying this that this can give you loss give example man everyone needs proof about this. In dump holding is all you have.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:00:33 PM

Holding bitcoin have so many risk,this one is the price of bitcoin as of now is geting lower, and according to my friends which is a grach analyzer, bitcoin will be dump in a few days, thats why its dangerous because its volatile, the but try to look the good side of it, bitcoin price are getting higher and higher at the hard fork time
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:09:03 PM

I dont think there is any risk in holding bitcoin since its decentralized wic cant be control by third party...
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 03:34:51 PM

You think if you hold bitcoin it is very risk for you but no need to make any tension because it is not any risk if you hold bitcoin. Bitcoin price is gain now and it will be more increase so now doubt to hold bitcoin. If you but bitcoin then bitcoin price going down so just wait a sometime you can watch again bitcoin price will be pump.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:40:46 PM

What do you think is the biggest risk? You could lose all your money. That's the risk. Are you prepared to hold it long term if the value decreases by thousands? What if it never recovers? Can you take the losses? Nothing is guaranteed.
That is what is happening right now, a lot of people are now losing a thousand of dollars in just a few hours because the price of bitcoin goes down hard after it shoots more than 7.5k dollar and i believe that a lot of people who bought at those price are just newbies and they don't know the risk so they are being a loser for selling and getting a cut loss because if they know the risk then there is nothing to worry.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
Blondy12

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:59:26 PM

the risky oart of holding a butcoins is security, it is either being hacked with the so called hackers or if you forgot to hide your securit code in a safe place.
wpt2207

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:36:15 PM

You can't lose more money than you put in  Grin
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:09:52 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 07:55:14 PM by South Park

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

The risk of holding bitcoins is when. Your country ban it. Because if you have a lot of bitcoins and you hold it for a very long time lets say for 5 years and the value of you are holding is worth a million and them one day your county's government decided to ban it, you will end up into nothing because they are not going to give you that kind of money. And those years you hold that coins comes to an end eith nothing. But that is ways too impossible because bitcoins can gelp in the economy so the worst thing to happen is bitcoins being worthless.
But that is not really a problem if you have so much money then the only thing you need to do is move to another county where bitcoin is legal and then cash out pay your taxes there and then declare it to your government since you are declaring fiat then your government cannot say anything and you are clean and are going to be fine.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:16:53 PM

I dont think there is any risk in holding bitcoin since its decentralized wic cant be control by third party...
It is really a good quote which can be framed in your wall  Tongue the price of bitcoin is dependent and that is the main factor which makes us to take a decision according to the market trends and not because it is decentralized,if you are in profit,it is better to sell off your coins and wait for the cooling period ,the volatility in price is the biggest risk for any investor.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:14:17 AM

Suddenly it falls one of the reasons why investing in bitcoins is extremely risky. But if you can handle it It will not be a Reason for You to Invest. And your opponent here is the knowledge, Patience because that will be the light in the dark of the market today. Just check each entry you have to have a lead In the path you will take

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
rizkyfebrian213xx

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:21:05 AM

think this..
price bitcoin and price all cryptocurrency is not stabil
can up more , can down more too
risk of holding bitcoin : if bitcoin has decreased in price.. you will get a little cash
maybe you loss
and that time.. you will think panic for selling
i think not doing that
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:03:49 PM

The risk that I can see on holding btc is getting hacked and nothing will be left. There is a possibility that when you are checking or transferring your btc is they have already injected a malicious virus that will take control of everything.
In my opinion, holding the bitcoin is the best thing to do. The only thing which matters the most is your own knowledge. You actually need to be well aware of all the scammers which are sitting around you. Other than this, there is nothing harmful in holding of bitcoins.

In fact, holding will help you in making a very good amount of money. You only need to remain calm under any kind of circumstances.
If you are a true holder then you do not need to worry that much about scammers since you are not going to move around your bitcoin a lot, however the biggest risk for a holder is a hacker, so you need to make sure your computer is clean and that you do not reveal your private keys to anyone.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:25:20 PM

The risk that I can see on holding btc is getting hacked and nothing will be left. There is a possibility that when you are checking or transferring your btc is they have already injected a malicious virus that will take control of everything.
In my opinion, holding the bitcoin is the best thing to do. The only thing which matters the most is your own knowledge. You actually need to be well aware of all the scammers which are sitting around you. Other than this, there is nothing harmful in holding of bitcoins.

In fact, holding will help you in making a very good amount of money. You only need to remain calm under any kind of circumstances.
If you are a true holder then you do not need to worry that much about scammers since you are not going to move around your bitcoin a lot, however the biggest risk for a holder is a hacker, so you need to make sure your computer is clean and that you do not reveal your private keys to anyone.

I don't think that its that easy to hack your wallet and steal your bitcoins if you have taken preventive measures from the beginning as I have saved my bitcoins in my electrum wallet and that is what I am using since the beginning and I haven't faced any issue with the safety and security of my coins as I haven't lost a single penny from it and its not easy for anyone to hack your wallet if you have taken best care of it so I don't think there is anything to worry about.
McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:46:09 PM

There is no hazard in the event that you are supposing it is the hazard then you should take it in light of the fact that after a tremendous hazard there is a decent day you will ever observe however trust me that there isn't even a solitary hazard in bitcoin on the grounds that bitcoin is giving open doors and increment your speculation. So it's smarter to hold and show signs of improvement benefit from bitcoin.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:34:58 PM

The risk of owning Bitcoin is that it might fail and you will lose it all. That scenario is not likely after about 9 years of time that Bitcoin has been around and has been battle tested enough to be a little less risky than in the past, but it is a possibility. The second risk is that it just loses value because demand for it drops. In this scenario at least you won't lose everything but you could lose money. The only other way you could lose you investment in Bitcoin is if you somehow don't secure your private key and it gets stolen or you forget it. Or you die and your relatives don't have the private keys.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:12:57 AM

The biggest risk would be losing its value after holding it for a very long time because we don't really know for sure when bitcoin will come to an end, although it is showing much potential now, remember that it is very volatile - its price could drop drastically anytime. Also, you will miss the thrill of trading, despitw of being risky, it makes your coins move.

Jedie22

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:08:36 AM

The biggest risk would be losing its value after holding it for a very long time because we don't really know for sure when bitcoin will come to an end, although it is showing much potential now, remember that it is very volatile - its price could drop drastically anytime. Also, you will miss the thrill of trading, despitw of being risky, it makes your coins move.
Holding a bitcoin gives advantage and disadvantage. I would say risk is always there, in terms of money just like betting in a lottery, it may lose or win. The advantage factor is when you invest already and the value of bitcoin will increased for sure a good profit will come but the disadvantage side is when you invest and its value getting low, well you can't have any profit at all. As the time passes by its value is increasing which already proven many years, though it will decreased for a moment and soon it will be increased after a shortime fall back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: