Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:55:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:29:19 AM

Lol,  there is no risk dude. The only risk is by storing it to a computer infected by virus or malware that can hack your system to get your precious bitcoins.

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

Long-term bitcoins store safely into a paper wallet and store your private key safely in few places so that you shouldn't have any difficulty to find out later on. Bitcoin just started to go bigger and still, got a lot of growth in Bitcoins so don't sell in a panic. I trade only with small amount of coins and rest of them I don't touch it because they are stored for very long-term profits.
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:00:01 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
For me the biggest risk that you will encounter when you are holding a bitcoin. Was the chance of it to fall down because of something happen in the market that will make the price of bitcoin fall down. It is risky because you dont have any control with it. Aside from that it is also a struggle if there someone who will going to hacked your wallet.
Jedie22

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:52:27 AM

For me the biggest risk that you will encounter when you are holding a bitcoin. Was the chance of it to fall down because of something happen in the market that will make the price of bitcoin fall down. It is risky because you dont have any control with it. Aside from that it is also a struggle if there someone who will going to hacked your wallet.
On my opinion, the risk on holding a bitcoin is when the value of bitcoin go down which your share of bitcoin will aslo affected. But, for me there is still an advantage during go down, that gives an opportunity to invest a huge amount in order to have a good income in the future. As, of this days it still increasing which gives everybody a good return. The risk of having a bitcoin is always there, it will depends on your strategies on how and when do you think to invest and withdraw, since the value of bitcoin is fluctuating but I believed it will have a good and bright future of bitcoin that really helps everyone.
EDWARD78

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:25:41 AM

Biggest risk over the next 12 months is not buying the dips.

Short term:
Buying at the highs
Security re keys

Long term:
Govt bans/fedcoin
Being greedy and not taking profits
Competition from more advanced ecurrencies
Chinese sabatoge
Security re keys
Slow transaction times and high fees
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:35:11 AM

Bitcoin is digital currency so it will change the price any time. So that the reson for the future. and It continue or stop the future it fear in the future. But it will increase day by day for the future improvement and you know the more life improve ment. If need more information form the bitcoin you will check the market place. you will get more information for bitcoin growth.
Rosa Paula

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:36:47 AM

Everyday come many investor to invest money on bitcoin.So I think, there is no risk of holding bitcoin.Many crypto market come Where Bitcoin can be traded.So Why do they scam themselves where Bitcoin benefits.Moreover bitcoin use very big and secure technology.100% risk free trade with bitcoin.
musharaf

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:01:11 AM

I think there is no big risk involved with this crypto currency but sometime the value may decrease from a high to low but it is not a problem or big issue the risk can be minimized through the patience because the bitcoin is fast growing currency and most of the users of bitcoin get rich while investing in this currency.

krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:12:38 AM

I think there is no risk when hodling Bitcoin. This is the due to of fact that Bitcoin always goes up in the future. Unless the Internet is destroyed.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:02:57 AM

With me, there is no risk when you're holding things that everyone in this world want to own it at all.
Seems you haven't read about the bitcoin yet because you lack the basic knowledge of cryptos and bitcoins. Its quite simple and everyone knows that what could be the risk of investing in a currency having volatile price. You may suffer a loss, it could be big loss or small one. So you should be mentally well prepare while investing in cryptos and bitcoin to bear a loss.
You can only suffer loss if you get scared, panic or maybe you went all in thinking bitcoin is a get rich quick scheme.
Such volatility risk is always bound to happen, but what is the point getting scared unless there is really a need to and then selling for loss, when the chart has shown you all the answer you need to know that nothing goes down with bitcoin and never come back up even better.
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:44:47 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 12:59:57 PM by Protected101

For me there is no risk to hold a bitcoin,its price is always increasing and when it goes down it can be immediately recover again.You need to be patient to wait for the recovery of the growing again.People always panic when it comes down its only flactuating the demand and supply so thats why sometimes its crashing down but it will be back sooner or later.Because bitcoin has a future in cryptocurrency it will never be gone  someday it be stable.
beezare

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:03:15 PM

the risk of holding bitcoin is when the price drops but actually for me it is a small risk because bitcoin prices will go up again
hangar18

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:41:29 PM

For me there is no risk to hold a bitcoin,its price is always increasing and when it goes down it can be immediately recover again.You need to be patient to wait for the recovery of the growing again.People always panic when it comes down its only flactuating the demand and supply so thats why sometimes its crashing down but it will be back sooner or later.Because bitcoin has a future in cryptocurrency it will never be gone  someday it be stable.
Oh my God! If as your said, there is no loser and the price of Bitcoin did not dump in 2013 until 2017 to breakout old highest price. 4 years to comeback the old highest price and those who people bought at $1,300 in 2013 can not wait the price of Bitcoin increases to this price with a long time like that.
MotulDiesel

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:32:55 PM

the most important that you need know when you should sell it. Holding bitcoin has a risk that it make you become to safety and afraid of doing trading, sell or buy. 2 kind of holding bitcoin, 1 for saving, 2 for waiting. What kind of holding bitcoin you want ask ?
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:54:49 PM

I think there is no big risk involved with this crypto currency but sometime the value may decrease from a high to low but it is not a problem or big issue the risk can be minimized through the patience because the bitcoin is fast growing currency and most of the users of bitcoin get rich while investing in this currency.
It is very easy to say that the only thing you need to do is to be patient, but many people have invested a lot of money in bitcoin and when the price goes lower they are losing thousands of dollars and it is very difficult to remain calm under those circumstances.
Darknight31

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:14:01 PM

I think the risk of holding bitcoin or buying bitcoin they have possible that your money will lose or decrease once bitcoin decrease the price. Even the price of bitcoin as of now continue to increase we dont know when the price decrease maybe tomorrow. What if you buy today and if you see the price tomorrow will decrease for sure your money will decrease also.
Maybe the biggest risk of holding bitcoin is the fact the somehow it will crash or user may loose it all. We all know that the price of bitcoin continues to grow but also is not consistent so yes, the risk is to lose it. Well a user can have it back through holding it more and wait for the value to increase.  Patience is a virtue.
CryptoGoddess

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:46:33 AM

Had I focused on holding and accumulating BTC instead of investing in and holding ALTs from the start, I would have profited a lot more to be honest. Over time the ATLs value may continue to rise steadily  in fiat but decrease in satoshis as BTC gains more value. What I notice over all is, the statoshi amount outweighs the dollar amount over time. The best way to avoid this would be to hold ALTs when BTC is down and buy back into BTC when it is about to go up.
arwenphoenix

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:52:30 AM

Holding Bitcoin always give your profits and risks at the same. Nothing is profit but no risk at all , trust me. So Bitcoin is the same. They could become valualess even that's very small chance.
salman96

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:21:15 AM

I would like to say that in this world Bitcoin is the safest bank. So you could put your money into Bitcoin as many as you can
Tantlizbat

Activity: 184

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:01:52 AM

The manufacturers should market saw it like a various cryptocurrency, but there is no way to eliminate these pump motor and get rid of cycles...
Practically there is no risk in the holding coin because this thing usually avoid from the loss and those who are not good at holding are the least profit scorers so develop this skill because it take time for the big profit achievement and in trading holding is the major technique that avoid from the loss and I also do this when any of dump occurs because I don’t want to face a single penny loss and I haven’t yet.
CGPA

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:33:57 AM

Bitcoin Hold completely free of risk.Those who were previously Bitcoin hold, they have many profits today.Bitcoin prices are increasing day by day.I think you can hold Bitcoin safely.Bitcoin for a long time is safe investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: