Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:28:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:27:32 PM

Versatile prices. Irreversible transactions. Of course you also need to take care of you private keys and other info. All my Bitcoins are currently in trading sites because I do regular trades. If people want to hold its Bitcoins long term then purchasing a nano or trezor is the best.
Well I think there is no risk in holding because those who are investors they know about the price on detail base and they are not doing investment on first time so if they keep on hold their bitcoin so they know the right time of bitcoin selling because they are expert and when they come to know the right time of selling then they sell it and take their profit but I believe no need to hold it for such a long time because bitcoin change its price very fast.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:10:38 PM

We ought to only invest in what we should know Study a little more about this markeVery unpredictable and must have nerves of steel for a excellent fall of worth A tip read about Jesse Livermore.
That is an advice to live by but that unfortunately not many people follow at all, many want to invest in the next big thing in crypto without realizing that they are risking their money in something they do not even understand and while losing money can be painful it is more painful to lose money and know that you did not know what you were doing.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:07:28 PM

Here risk is only depends on the bitcoin price,bitcoin prise always changes.we can hold bitcoin for future plans.bitcoin is digital currency.bitcoin is the new generation currency it has long life.we can hold bitcoin till price is increase.
Bitcoin is use as for trading and investment and there is always risk in trading. But without taking such a risk one cannot make money. I do not think that there is any other kind of risk in bitcoin. I think in present time bitcoin is the best investment from where one can get a very good profit from it.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:12:21 PM

I don't think there is any risk in holding bitcoins and there are many people who are holding their coins since beginning till date and you should ask them how they feel as of today when they see such an higher price of bitcoins and they would only say that it was worth to hold bitcoins longer as even at the current price they have already became rich so just imagine what would be their financial position if they hold their coins for next couple of years.
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:46:40 PM

If you're storing bitcoin for a long time, then make sure you do have a  really good and well secured wallet or the chances are that your wallet might get hacked and all your coins might be robbed from you. And other than that, there is no other threat that might harm you or your bitcoins. As it's started by "SATOSHI NAKAMOTO" who is a MYSTERY. And if anyone ever tries to kill bitcoin, they might have to solve a mystery and then get him or them then interrogate with them and so on. But even if all that happens bitcoins is used by millions now, so it might just get circulated and it'll never die.
The bottom line is, have a really secured wallet to store you bitcoin for a long time.
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:17:08 PM

I think the unique real risk of holding Bitcoin is that price drop down and become with low price. This risk is nowadays minimized because Bitcoin keep growing up daily and its value go up as well day after day. So holding Bitcoin actually works and its profitable for the long run.
There is also a small risk that you lose access to your wallet or to your private keys.
Yes you are absolutely right. Things are not that bad in long term trading but yes there is a necessary risk in it. Surely as it is a part of business so this little risk is natural.

But as you have said, short time trading like day trading have much more risk factor because you have to deal with risks the whole day and then they will be entertaining you at the end of the day. So yes risk is there.
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:41:14 PM

The only risk involve in holding bitcoin is using a wallet which you're the holder of the wallet private keys and keeping the wallet safe from malware/keylogger because the volatility in price of bitcoin usually create pump in price than dump.
I agree. There is no risk in holding bitcoin except those things. The more you hold bitcoin the more you realize that it is safe enough to transfer all of our property to the blockchain network. Bitcoin price will never decrease. The number of people who are hype with bitcoin increases day by day. Most of them dont give a damn care what it is. they just buy it aand believe that they can earn more money from bitcoin

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
LRPchange

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:30:26 AM

There are several types of risks you will be exposed to. I can justify each and every of them. But in order to stay positive. Lets just say you would want to look into the financial risks of it being devalued throughout the process.
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 01:57:53 AM

Holding bitcoin has no risk i think, because it always going up and up, unless you always become FOMO, it doesn't good for your heart  Grin
holding bitcoin here is you hold it for long term, didn't withdraw when you get a bunch of profit

StephenieDuong

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:44:10 AM

I think the unique real risk of holding Bitcoin is that price drop down and become with low price. This risk is nowadays minimized because Bitcoin keep growing up daily and its value go up as well day after day. So holding Bitcoin actually works and its profitable for the long run.
There is also a small risk that you lose access to your wallet or to your private keys.
Losing access to wallet, exchange or private key is not a small risk, that can rude somebody life :p

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░
          ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░     ░░
        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░      ░░░░
     ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ ░░░     ░░░
    ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░   ░▓▓▓░  ░░▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░          ░▒░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░            ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░▓▓▓░░  ░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓░░▒▓░ ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
     ░░▓▓░░ ▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
   ░░▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
 ░░▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
    ░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
  ░░▓▓░░░▒▓▓░░  ░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
 ░▓▓░   ░░░
RushMoon
Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
ayesha98211

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:46:29 AM

the risk is you lost all your bitcoin, keep it safe in your wallet with security wallet like ledger nano.
RayDali0

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:04:11 AM

Worst thing with Bitcoin:
Volatile;
No guarantee.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:52:18 PM

The only risk involve in holding bitcoin is using a wallet which you're the holder of the wallet private keys and keeping the wallet safe from malware/keylogger because the volatility in price of bitcoin usually create pump in price than dump.
I agree. There is no risk in holding bitcoin except those things. The more you hold bitcoin the more you realize that it is safe enough to transfer all of our property to the blockchain network. Bitcoin price will never decrease. The number of people who are hype with bitcoin increases day by day. Most of them dont give a damn care what it is. they just buy it aand believe that they can earn more money from bitcoin
"Bitcoin price will never decrease". Oh my god!
I used Bitcoin more than 2 years but I did not know the price of Bitcoin can increases its price forever.
Who are the people have many money to buy Bitcoin and pump its price forever as your said?
Why does the price of Bitcoin decrease from $1,300 to below $100 in 2013-2014?
And especially, the price of Bitcoin has dumped from $4,900 to $2,900 within few days by the banned of the Chinese government.
Can you explain all cases help me? Roll Eyes
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:17:16 AM

The times hardfork and Segwit do bitcoin much discount. But over time hardfork and segwit, bitcoin still stands today. Currently, I think there is no reason to stop the bitcoin increase in the coming time.
The fluctuating nature of digital market has been a cause of worry for many investors since the beginning and it is also very sensible of them.  After all they are investing their money and will be concerned about their Investments, a pretty natural reaction but holding on Bitcoin is no more a risky activity.  It is actually an opposite case now.  Investing in Bitcoin and holding on to them is the way to become rich in a short span of time.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:28:33 AM

There is no risk in holding bitcoins for a long term as price will go higher and if you have saved bitcoins for that time then you will be making good profits from it but you should not get panic when you see downfall in the price and should have faith in bitcoins that it will bounce back and you should sell your bitcoins when its giving you enough profits.
wordspavovv

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:33:32 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

Than one day newbies will understand that BTC is worth nothing but the price of electricity that cost , the mining hardware and miners tip.
Ignorance is BTC best friend.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Moriarti

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:34:52 AM

There are some risk.
First, depend on where you holding it. If it is online wallet, it can be crashed. Also if you hold it on bad stock exchange.
Second, it depend on bitcoin exchange rate, but it is not big problem, cause it will grow more and more.
Third is fraud. There are a lot of different types of fraud, so everytime when you login your btc wallet you should check it adress and other. Be careful.
Zandra

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:57:29 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
The biggest risk is to be hacked, losing bitcoin. Due to the lack of a private key I can say that this is the risk of holding a bitcoin.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:34:54 PM

We ought to only invest in what we should know Study a little more about this markeVery unpredictable and must have nerves of steel for a excellent fall of worth A tip read about Jesse Livermore.
Digital market is indeed a volatile one and it is safe to keep yourself up to date with changes I have a piece of advice also. First of all the Bitcoin holder must trust his digital asset and understand the nature of Bitcoin as this was the reason which made Eric a millionaire.

In case there is a dip for more than expected time (which in actual is pretty much impossible), still it will be a wrong decision to sell out bitcoin.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:48:36 PM

One of the biggest risks in investing and holding bitcoin is that when you buy bitcoin when its price is high, and then after holding it for a long time, you'll find its price dropping. For the common cases, bitcoin price increases in the cases when there's an upcoming forking. If there's no upcoming forking, bitcoin find its price like the waves in the ocean, where it rise and fall from time to time.

The worst thing is that, after a forking, bitcoin price is most likely to drop up to 25%-40%. This is probably because the investors who invested in bitcoin have already received their share of the forked cryptocurrency (for example, the bitcoin cash), and they are starting to withdraw their money from bitcoin and switch to altcoins.
This is one of the biggest problems of people they see the price increasing an they buy when the price is at its highest and then they complain a few weeks later that there was a correction and they lost money, profits are made when you buy not when you sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: