Bitcoin Forum
June 11, 2024, 01:54:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:47:54 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

I think the biggest risk of holding bitcoin is when you buy it in a higher value then suddenly get down the price at more than below the price  you bought it, because some of the holders are not aware of the volatility of bitcoin.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:19:52 PM

The risk of losing your bitcoins if your wallet isn't secure enough. I won't go deep on this topic, as a lot of threads here in bitcointalk and on reddit has addressed the security topic already.

Also, bitcoin could nose-dive in price anytime. Even though in theory, bitcoin's price should continue to go up longterm due to supply and demand, it isn't guaranteed. That's why people always suggest that you only invest what you can afford to lose.
There will be always an issue in regards to holding our Bitcoin in terms of transactions, investments and trading. The truth is there si still many cases that have problems in terms of having some problems in security and transactions wise. So for me finding and having a good wallet is actually a must on having a good from of investments with the used of Bitcoin or any other form of crypto-currency in the market.
Mango Startups ICO

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 11:17:50 PM

The risk is to lose money. unless you invest your bitcoins in something that is backed up by well-established companies. There are reasonable ICOs that accept BitCoin in return for their tokens.
Pendularin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:25:20 PM

the risk is you lost all your bitcoin, keep it safe in your wallet with security wallet like ledger nano.

The risk of holding bitcoin is that you will feel sometimes that you are in a wrong path of deciding t keep it especially when the time that the price of bitcoin will drop so much. It will make you feel disappointed and sometimes try to decide to sell it. You also need to guard your emotion when you are holding bitcoin because sometimes we don't know what to do if the price of bitcoin goes down so fast.
MarkoViewly

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:53:16 PM

The only risk from holding btc from my point of view at this moment is that there will be a planet wide blackout and you won't be able to have access to it. Other than that, I only think that the sky is the limit. Or there are not limits at all?  Cheesy
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:04:08 AM

A major risk of hodling btc is getting hacked. Of course, you have nothing to worry if you are not careless however I've seen many cases of these where people stockpiling btc since 2014 got hacked even though the funds are tightly secured.
engrlodi

Activity: 308
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:28:54 AM

The biggest risk is when the bitcoin goes down and down, and in never go up already. The possibility of this, your investment in bitcoin will be non-sense and it will getting lower. All of us traders should be aware when the bitcoin is going high and low, so we can have a better profits. But sometimes the risk in bitcoin is lack of security, somebody can hack your account and get the money because of the lack of private key. So we should be more careful in everyday log-in in our wallet.

expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:37:59 AM

I think it risk may be easy to steal hackers and bitcoin prices that suddenly dropped its price

Some time bitcoin will be down for the future but it will increase next. it sooo safe for the holding the bitcoin for the future process and get the more income and change the life style.  If you hold the bitcoin you will know the bitcoin market price. So you check the price then you will hold the bitcoin.
Stealing, hacking, fall down of crypto currency value and bankruptcy are the only things that gives risks in holding bitcoin. However we can avoid this thing if we keep secrets of our regarding to our account.
Moreover do not discuss any information to everyone to lessen the risk of your bitcoin and other crypto currencies.
The ups and down is always there in bitcoin. In fact bitcoin price has the potential to increase, People are accepting bitcoin then number of bitcoin users are increasing from time to time which is in fact causing the fluctuation in the price of bitcoin. The present fluctuation is in fact in favour of  traders and investors.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:03:34 AM

I think holding bitcoin is a safe and definitely profitable investment and there seems to be no risk to worry about, due to the frequent price fluctuations in bitcoin, I think this is a bitcoin characteristic and need not be a worry.
I don’t really think so that anything can happen to your private key. It is because of the reason that it is only you who actually knows about your key and no one actually knows about it. In addition to this, the only fear of holding your bitcoin is that you can lose control over your emotions at hard times. This can really cause lot of damage to you and you may even suffer a huge loss.
Japinat

Activity: 2996
Merit: 683

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:47:25 AM

A major risk of hodling btc is getting hacked. Of course, you have nothing to worry if you are not careless however I've seen many cases of these where people stockpiling btc since 2014 got hacked even though the funds are tightly secured.
Knowing the risk will let you minimize it, don't just put in one wallet, spread the risk so even if you lose some you still have more.
I am holding my bitcoin in my hard wallet and I believe it's the safest way because it's recommended by successful people who are also holding bitcoin for a long period of time. Before, I only put my trust in bitcoin but when I realize that there are also other investment opportunity in the crypto, I began to interest investing with altcoins as well.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:27:14 AM

I think holding bitcoin is a safe and definitely profitable investment and there seems to be no risk to worry about, due to the frequent price fluctuations in bitcoin, I think this is a bitcoin characteristic and need not be a worry.
I don’t really think so that anything can happen to your private key. It is because of the reason that it is only you who actually knows about your key and no one actually knows about it. In addition to this, the only fear of holding your bitcoin is that you can lose control over your emotions at hard times. This can really cause lot of damage to you and you may even suffer a huge loss.

Right. When it comes to storage, i don't think there's much risk as your wallet with your private key safely with you is pretty much hackproof. That's why cryptoconsidered safer to use than fiat. The risk is.going to be all up to you if you're.going to make foolish decisions along the way

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:35:23 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

The only risk that I see into holding onto one's bitcoin is the probability that it will not grow. Despite it's value increasing from time to time, still the amount remains the same. So, you need to increase the amount of bitcoin that you are holding in order for it to grow more and it could potentially make anyone rich.
branchun77

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:17:14 PM

For me the largest risk of holding a bitcoin is that the posibility to free all of your cash. You ought to have an idea about bitcoin like how it works before investing on it.
Its true, and go all in is not advisable in every investment not just in btc. For me the risk of holding bitcoin is not having an assurance that your investment will turn out good, because many possibility might happen like the price decrease and currently its happening because of the cancellation of S2x.
I really don’t think so that there is any risk of holding of bitcoin. In fact, the thing which can help you the most is holding of bitcoins and that too for quite a long period of time. There are number of investors who are only investing in bitcoin just because of long term investment.

There will be a risk of holding if you are not good at keeping control over your nerves and that too at the time when the prices are falling down.
There is zero percent possibility of risk in holding bitcoin but according to me maximum bitcoin follower are following this way of trading they buy some bitcoins when the rate get down then they start selling bitcoin and in this way they are making money.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:58:13 AM

In my opinion and based on the previous flow of bitcoin's price, the risk is less than other coins.
Obviously, the risk with bitcoin is almost not there. We have already observed it in the crypto market that those who invested big amounts into bitcoin and keep holding it even when bitcoin was going through hard dumps, they are now millionaires and experts of crypto market.

We need to learn from them and develop some guts in order to make big profits just like them from bitcoin. Bitcoin simply demands patience.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:28:18 AM

if about bitcoin of course all your money what if its price drops to 70-80% if you are able to hold it in the long run, or if you can lose if its price does not recover, I think that's the biggest risk
chicobr

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:24:19 AM

Unless the Internet is disappeared or all countries in the world ban Bitcoin. There is no risk when hodling it.
ubeng07

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:36:15 AM

Right. When it comes to storage, i don't think there's much risk as your wallet with your private key safely with you is pretty much hackproof. That's why cryptoconsidered safer to use than fiat. The risk is.going to be all up to you if you're.going to make foolish decisions along the way
there is a lot of disadvantages that can happen of holding bitcoin so some are making a way for them to have a assurance and nothing to left for them if there might something bad happen in bitcoin that no one are never wanted to be but we cant say on how long does this kind of currency can exist for.
yudkowske

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:40:01 AM

Unless the Internet is disappeared or all countries in the world ban Bitcoin. There is no risk when hodling it.

This. Never stop hodling!
bettle10

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:41:46 AM

Bitcoin will become legit in all countries soon, so there are no risk of holding bitcoin. But make sure private keys safe, password safe when holding bitcoin.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:50:14 AM

The countries ban will not give any impact to the bitcoin as long as the bitcoin still run with millions nodes around the world. The main concern about the bubble is really big right now and that will be so scary if that bubble will be burst in the future. But with massive demand and that decreases the risk by hold the bitcoin

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: