Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:42:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:44:23 PM

Investing in bitcoin in my opinion is not a strong risk. Every year bitcoin only grows. Correction, too, is, but after them it grows again. Given that now there are large injections of money into bitcoin - I think the risks of investing are minimal.
snackman

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 02:56:39 PM

There is no risk when holding Bitcoin. Because Bitcoin quantity is limited. The demand of it is always increasing. So, you should not be worry when holding it.

SkustaClee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:34:35 PM

What do you think is the biggest risk? You could lose all your money. That's the risk. Are you prepared to hold it long term if the value decreases by thousands? What if it never recovers? Can you take the losses? Nothing is guaranteed.
It is true that the risk in bitcoin investment is you could lose all of your money. I think you should be brave before you will do bitcoin investment. You should be aware to what level of risky investment that you will gonna do.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:49:58 PM

when you buy a lot of bitcoin, at a high price. holding bitcoin can be a very scary thing. well, we never know when bitcoin price will dump. so, it is a risk that must be faced. you can also lose bitcoin if not careful.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
Eleven86

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:42:02 PM

Main risk in holding btc is we have to select the safe and secure wallet. If we hold large amount of btc in one wallet for long rime is not safe, it can be easily chased by hackers. So we have to change btc to another wallet. Another risk is once the price dumps continuously its a very big loss.
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:58:49 PM

btc strong increase and huge volume that has seen recently can be a bubble and when the bubble pops its price may go down in a free fall. The risk is that your investment may be lost in a short period of time.
doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:20:26 PM

The risk of holding Bitcoin is nothing. Bitcoin always grow up in the future. Therefore, if you hold it for a long term. You wont have risks
everything has a risk , don't be so overconfident like that if you won't get hurt later.

even though you have a plan to hold your bitcoin for long term there is a risk for you to change your mind in the middle of the holding process because of bitcoin volatile sometimes it got crashed and you think it won't get recovered as the crash was too deep.

We cant never know what will happen next, bitcoin volatility is way too unexpected so we should always have a plan since a huge pump may result to a huge drop, whether we wanted  it to keep for long we dont know when we will use it or need it, so whe we already see our advantage then we should not be greedy we should be contented at some point so will not regret too much later, why no divide the earnings if still unsure on holding it.
hard to accept the fact people will always being greedy in this kind business , why? because how easy and instant making money without have to do a handwork. well that is why it called as an investment isn't it? and that is part of the risk too .

you should really understand about that otherwise maybe you will only suffering bad things instead the good one in holding bitcoin.
Exactly! It is you who has to make the right decisions and that too at the right time if you really want to have something good out of holding of bitcoins. Holding of bitcoins can no doubt help you in making of more money as the market price of bitcoin is rising significantly with each passing moment. Things can go wrong only when you lose control over your emotions and that too at the time when the market price is falling down.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:13:35 PM

Holding Bitcoin this year is really very stable and safe because of its steady growth. From the beginning of the year, the new BTC rate was just over $1,000 and by the end of the year it exceeded the $11,000 mark. It is well worth the cost of holding Bitcoin, possibly by the end of 2018, that Bitcoin rates will reach $100,000, if the holding has a chance of becoming a millionaire.  Roll Eyes
That is not going to happen especially so soon, bitcoin seems that is going to keep growing as far as I can see, but to think we are going to have such a huge increase in the price is not something possible, there is money waiting to enter in bitcoin but not as much as you imagine.
w0tur675

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:19:51 PM

I would say the risk is pretty low and even if the value drops, it should grow back over time and become even more valuable. It has been in this sort of a trend for awhile now.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:36:16 PM

What do you think is the biggest risk? You could lose all your money. That's the risk. Are you prepared to hold it long term if the value decreases by thousands? What if it never recovers? Can you take the losses? Nothing is guaranteed.

Yeah that the big risk in taking trading world. You need to open minded and have a long patience, some traders cannot afford to loss their profit so they force to sell their coins just to save their profit. As what other traders saying, no one could predict when or how does Bitcoin stay in a highest market price.  So as a trader you need to train your self first on how to accept negative side of bitcoin
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:41:22 PM

Holding Bitcoin this year is really very stable and safe because of its steady growth. From the beginning of the year, the new BTC rate was just over $1,000 and by the end of the year it exceeded the $11,000 mark. It is well worth the cost of holding Bitcoin, possibly by the end of 2018, that Bitcoin rates will reach $100,000, if the holding has a chance of becoming a millionaire.  Roll Eyes
That is not going to happen especially so soon, bitcoin seems that is going to keep growing as far as I can see, but to think we are going to have such a huge increase in the price is not something possible, there is money waiting to enter in bitcoin but not as much as you imagine.

This year's bitcoin price is determined by more users who believe to buy, much different from last year where people were afraid of strong government negative issues and chose to get caught up in panic sales. The biggest risk is how much we believe but this year many people choose to buy more because the negative controversy doesn't have a strong impact on the fundamental price slump, there is always a correction limit that will make the price skyrocket to multiply.
cicciobtc
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:46:13 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

I don't see any risk if you invest into bitcoin mate. Because ever since bitcoin was continuously increased, and it will become more get higher for sure for the coming weeks and months. So I think your decision was a good idea my brother, do what you like it to do.

For me it is not a risk but only a great opportunity!
but I think everyone has to invest only what he can afford to lose.
I am convinced that the bitcoin will continue to increase but nobody excludes that one day its value may collapse!

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:53:49 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
The biggest risk of them all is you could forget where you put your private keys and lose your money forever
but in terms of losing out on the investment, the risk is low because of mainstream adoption will is pushing value up
There is no risk when holding Bitcoin. Because Bitcoin quantity is limited. The demand of it is always increasing. So, you should not be worry when holding it.
The risk of holding bitcoin is you can miss airdropped coins that come from forks which has become so common these days, so the best to do now is to stay up to date with bitcoin related news.
23tamayo

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:31:59 AM

For me i don't see any risk on holding a bitcoin because its a great opportunity to have a bitcoin because bitcoin is very stable and safe and the most valuable thing is the steady growth. i think the biggest risk you might face when having a bitcoin is you may lose all your money you investing in taking the world you just need to be patience and choose wisely.
Buntel168

Activity: 854

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:59:14 AM

No risk on holding Bitcoin, in this time Bitcoin price always rise and always profitable for the holders. For me Bitcoin is the best to invest for long term.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:27:43 AM

Putting your money in bitcoin is a risky thing since we have no assurance on what will happen to bitcoin. What if right after the moment you convert your money into bitcoin, the price of bitcoin dump? What are you going to do ? Are you willing to cut your losses and convert your bitcoin back to fiat or cash ? It is btter to just earn some crypto then make it grow. Hold it for a long time, or use it in trading.

Holding bitcoin for me is not risky. Me, I already gain profit from holding bitcoin. My bitcoin is in my wallet for two to three months I think. I started to hold it when the bitcoin price is around 4000 USD, now the price is 14K USD.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
THAHIRHAJI

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:41:58 AM

Holding bitcoin is not a risk at all. As we consider and predicted that bitcoin milestone will be 10000 USD will be a big thing and achievement for the year 2017, Fortunately we achieved this target and beyond that bitcoin had correction mode for a while and sustained at that level and now it is crossed the 14000 USD which is proving that bitcoin has the potential to perform very well and there is no any boundary for bitcoin. So there is no risk at all to hold bitcoin is my opinion.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
YongMaTheMagicCom

Activity: 88
Merit: 60

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:19:30 AM

the risk to hold bitcoin until when?
make it clear question, the risk of holding bitcoin until 2020 is you will be a rich man if you hold 500 btc until that year.
if you means holding bitcoin until you die, you cant enjoyed your money from collecting or holding bitcoin. moreover there's nobody know where do you save it.
sulendra12

Activity: 2842
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:24:07 AM

No risk on holding Bitcoin, in this time Bitcoin price always rise and always profitable for the holders. For me Bitcoin is the best to invest for long term.
No, Bitcoin has risk for you to holding this currency. Just look at the price now, when you're doing a wrong action your money just gone away because anything could be happened in this internet such as crash and dump so be aware of that.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
pjwaffle

Activity: 539

BIB Exchange

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:06:59 AM

In my view, there is no risk when hodling Bitcoin. It has developed since 2009 and the price always goes up whereas many countries in the world ban it. No problem. The future belongs Bitcoin.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: