Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:48:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
aroweyen

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:16:13 AM

If you lose your Bitcoins, they are gone. No mechanism is present to recover lost Bitcoins. If your Bitcoin wallet gets hacked, all its content is gone for good.
If you accidently make a bigger payment with Bitcoin – gone! Forever!
rog1121

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:37:17 AM

The biggest risk when we Holding Bitcoin is we lose all the bitcoin we have. imagine when we lose access to the wallet that we have then the boom will destroy our lives. so I think keep as well as possible access to Bitcoin that we have because it can make a big change in our lives.
According to my exprince with bitcoin there is no risk in holding bitcoin but this is the most favorite method of earning bitcoin of success trader because the rate of bitcoin is increasing with time and in future we are expecting more and more high rate when it get maximum number of user.
Sleepy18

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:37:05 AM

As of now, i dont know what its current risk because now a days bitcoin is getting more popular and other ICO are blooming too hoping that they can compete with bitcoin. Possible risk is that more pumps and dumps in the future cause as you analyze the every details with some research, chinise people already controlled it. They can easiy manipulate the price of bitcoin. Second is that the processing speed of its platform, its getting worse as the time goes by, in addition to that its transaction cost is getting high day by day. Lastly bitcoin and its blockchain is so congested, and the mining pool for every 4 years are getting lower and lower. But all in all we all know that bitcoin is already at its peak and any one or everyone as of now wants to have bitcoin.
std1391

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

bitcoin is love

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:58:35 AM

i think there are 2 risks totally
1 . bitcoin price fall to 1 $
2. internet goes off in whole of the world!
well it is a rare chance to any of them happens!

Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:04:06 AM

The biggest risk when we Holding Bitcoin is we lose all the bitcoin we have. imagine when we lose access to the wallet that we have then the boom will destroy our lives. so I think keep as well as possible access to Bitcoin that we have because it can make a big change in our lives.

That's why we should be all responsible with our wallets, always take precautionary measures as no one is in charge of its security.

So far I don't see any risk of holding it thus all I can see is while holding it as days passes its value is increasing and proving that we should hold as many as we can or else regrets will be in our face. Probably, holding is the most safest nor easiest to grow bitcoin.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
CrMg

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:23:26 AM

The risk is, that it could easily become to crowded and when everybody rushes out - bye bye your profits!
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:34:33 AM

Not much risk if youre watching the market and sell out some before they ever might hit bottom.
No there is no risk now in  holding because the rate of  is going increasing like a bullet fire and now all people are holding s for future because they want to make more money in future from .
I think holding right is the best thing to do. The only risk which you can have of holding of bitcoin is when you are not having good control over your nerves. There are likely chances of this thing that the market price will fall down. So at that time, you need to remain patient. If you will go for panic selling, then you will get nothing fruitful in return. In fact, you will regret in the future.
Neerajkumar

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:49:26 AM

The main risk involve is risk of loss.Holding may lead to suffer loss for you as the price fluctuations generally takes place in btc.But looking upon the current situations the price is increasing and may increase in future.So holding may bring you more profit and if bad luck may result in loss too.
sana9826

Activity: 145

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:59:04 AM

The main risk involve is risk of loss.Holding may lead to suffer loss for you as the price fluctuations generally takes place in btc.But looking upon the current situations the price is increasing and may increase in future.So holding may bring you more profit and if bad luck may result in loss too.
yeah, i think everything has risks, the risk of life is death, that also in cryptocurrency world, the risk of holding bitcoin is loss your bitcoin. i think better to save on the right and safe wallet. ledger nano s is recommended. when you want to sell it. just send them to your exchange adress. for losing in trading case, maybe the tendency of your loss in trading is nothing, because you can see the price is always rising up.
mobi35

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:00:30 AM

For my opinion. The risk is the hackers. There's a chance that they steal your BTC
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:05:12 AM

For my opinion. The risk is the hackers. There's a chance that they steal your BTC

The risk in holding bitcoin is that the price might fall down and may not rise again though considering the status of bitcoin today, it is far from happening because bitcoin starts to dominate in cryptocurrency world and its value is way much bigger than dollars already. Another thing to consider in holding is that hackers might access you account and steal you BTC. Anyways, let us just safeguard our accounts to avoid this to happen.
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:37:24 AM

Not much risk if youre watching the market and sell out some before they ever might hit bottom.
No there is no risk now in bitcoin holding because the rate of bitcoin is going increasing like a bullet fire and now all people are holding bitcoins for future because they want to make more money in future from bitcoin.
Invest always comes with a risk so holding bitcoin also have risk but compared to all alternative coins bitcoin is the fastest and safest investment you can have. You are safe with bitcoin specially when you hold in for long term.
MuhNofa

Activity: 504
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:57:12 AM

for now if you buy bitcoin now the biggest risk is if the bitcoin price drops again because I heard the 15th of the day there will be hardfrok (but I have not got the exact news this is the only issue I hear) so I suggest if you want to buy bitcoin wait the price drops past
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:15:30 AM

for now if you buy bitcoin now the biggest risk is if the bitcoin price drops again because I heard the 15th of the day there will be hardfrok (but I have not got the exact news this is the only issue I hear) so I suggest if you want to buy bitcoin wait the price drops past

Bitcoin princes is not steapl. So you will know the bitcoin process. It will gather some information. If hold the bitcoin you will know the pricess information. Then you will hold or sell the bitcoin. Bitcoin is help to improve you knowledge. You will hold it will help to future investment. But you sell the bitcoin right time.
criptolover12

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:17:02 AM

One of the biggest risk is loosing private key. Moreover if you are not careful, your bitcoins can be stolen.

If you store it on the exchange site, website can be closed.

OAX - REAL WORLD APPLICATION OF DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGES - V1
■  Hold your own keys - Liquidity Aggregation - Open and Transparent  ■
■ ■ WebsiteTeamWPTWPProject DeckANNBounty ANN ■ ■
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:44:46 AM

No there is no risk now in  holding because the rate of  is going increasing like a bullet fire and now all people are holding s for future because they want to make more money in future from .
I think holding right is the best thing to do. The only risk which you can have of holding of bitcoin is when you are not having good control over your nerves. There are likely chances of this thing that the market price will fall down. So at that time, you need to remain patient. If you will go for panic selling, then you will get nothing fruitful in return. In fact, you will regret in the future.
holding your bitcoin for long term maybe could be the best choice if you have no time to make a daily analysis , you just need to not check the price too often , it will only leading you to get lured to sell your bitcoin right after the price increased or dropped drastically.

just put your money and forget it for certain time , the risk only when bitcoin has not make people interested anymore , the value could become worthless.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
tamoymie

Activity: 108

"SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY"

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:15:50 AM

i dont think its risky. as long as you still have funds on your pocket to spend. i always belive that bitcoin investment is never too late, never will be waste and never will loss. so, holding a bitcoin my friend is actually an advantage today. check how it pumps on a weekly base. youll be amazed

jdeanne92

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:35:50 AM

If you have little money left and you invest it on bitcoin then the biggest risk would be getting financially down. Just balance the money you can invest and the money you need for daily expenses
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:42:41 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

There are multiple risks while making an investment in Bitcoin. Some of them are:

1. Bitcoin is a very volatile currency. It can even become worthless in a few days or weeks.
2. Legal status of Bitcoin is unclear in many of the countries.
3. There is a high chance of your coins getting stolen by hackers.
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:49:07 AM

Investing in crypto-currencies is already a risk. But nevertheless on it it is possible to earn well. I constantly hear that bitcoin is a bubble, but nevertheless it does not prevent the growth of the bitcoin price. You can invest in bitcoin a certain amount, and when the bitcoin price doubles - withdraw the amount you invested and in the future you will not risk anything
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: