Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:19:09 AM

I think the greater risk would be investing at the higher price then all of a sudden the price will go down, you will definitely get a loss with that situation and will hold your btc until it pumps again and gain a profit.
But you have a complete authority of keeping yourself away from this loss by simply keeping it in wallet and by avoiding selling it at cheap arts. Panic selling is only done by newcomers otherwise, old investors always enjoy dumps because this is the golden opportunity for them about grabbing this coin at low rates. They don’t buy bitcoin when it is going through pump, they garb it when newbies sell it in panic.
This in theory holds true, but there are many people that never learn their lesson and they are always trying to earn money in the short term without having the knowledge about how to trade, and they keep making the same mistake of buying high and selling low and that is the surest way to bankruptcy.

Not able to cope with panic when bitcoin has a steep downtrend is definitely experienced by all users, but the most important is the biggest loss for people who invest in bitcoin without wanting to learn more about the fluctuations and methods of trading/do not want to know. Price fluctuations must be actively monitored and traders can determine the right order when the issue and the strength of intense movement is seen.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:15:43 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
The biggest risk you keep bitcoin depended on is you buy it at any price. If you buy at too high prices, you risk a lot more than those who buy bitcoin at a lower price.

If you buy them at a higher price better to hold the Bitcoin until it's price increases. As long as you hold the coin it will give you good returns because many people are expecting some good growth in the Bitcoin in coming days.
Brahuhu

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:31:15 AM

Todays risk on holding bitcoin is that when prices drops , but when prices goes up thats good enough , i cant see any risk right noe due to stability of price there is no huge downfall or increase on todays price so as of now you can still hold bitcoins.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:41:20 AM

i dont think its risky. as long as you still have funds on your pocket to spend. i always belive that bitcoin investment is never too late, never will be waste and never will loss. so, holding a bitcoin my friend is actually an advantage today. check how it pumps on a weekly base. youll be amazed
Well, that’s true, there is nothing wrong with holding Bitcoin as of now, because the price keeps on going up. But, have you forgotten that the price won’t be up forever, a time is coming when the price will actually fall to a lower rate, and as it is now, when the price will fall, it will, likely, be falling heavily. That’s why it’s good to make sure that you’re withdrawing your profits regularly.
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:49:07 AM

Holding some BTC resounding to some people who have some interest on you,but it can exposed their to cryptoworld who knows your next door neighbor have all the potential to earn a lot of BTC.

DennisStoff

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:59:41 AM

the risk from holding bitcoin is lossing your bitcoin, you must be dilligent to control your bitcoin and make sure your btc in safe wallet. don't let anyone know your password or private key because you will get lost all your btc if yoir private key known by others.
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:09:07 AM

If you have little money left and you invest it on bitcoin then the biggest risk would be getting financially down. Just balance the money you can invest and the money you need for daily expenses
This is so blessing. One must keep the balance of what he is investing in bitcoins and what he have in his pocket right now. Like if simony is investing a little appoint that absolutely means that he doesn’t have enough amount for his daily needs too.

So keep your beam of finance in balance. Try to invest but only that amount that makes the rest for your living. Balance is necessary.

Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:40:44 AM

The risk of holding bitcoin is that your wallet in which you are storing your bitcoins, if not secured can get hacked and all your holdings would get stolen. Or there could be a ban in your country on bitcoins but that is not a real risk as you would still be able to sell to holders of some country. And maybe there could be a time that all the government officials tie up and together try to bring down this decentralized currency, bitcoin. And there might be times when the value of bitcoin may be nothing, maybe for a long time,  maybe. But then too as the history of bitcoin says it'll rise again.
So you see there are no big risks of holding bitcoin unless you don't have well secured wallets and only you can be the only one who has all the control on your bitcoins to keep it safe! Wink
hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:14:53 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
Putting some money in bitcoin due to it's continuously increasing of value is fine because it is true that you will double your money in the future. But we cannot deny the fact that bitcoin will be able to experience the dump and pump again and it was all because of the investors and the demand of bitcoin in the market. However, this past few days, I have observed that bitcoin's value is continuously dropping with 1% but now it gave us unexpected increasing of value today which has a value of $18,149. 36 with the percentage of  4.09%  and we all wonder what would be the real reason behind of bitcoin. And now all of us are wondering what would be the highest value of bitcoin this year.
BumbleBeast27

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:18:19 PM

The most obvious risks would be potential hacks and price depreciation. Both are unlikely to a certain extent, but still possible.
StonedWolf

Activity: 308
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:50:04 PM

Personally, I think there is no risk in bitcoin's holding since the value is always increasing, and according to the matheratic models build, we estimate that this virtual money still have an important hidden potential and the value is still rising. In another hand, it is necessary to take a little time of observation and analysis. To conclude, according to statistics and requests that this large number of people who have been investing these money in bitcoin can not be wrong.

krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:53:43 PM

just risk for people who just join and buy bitcoin. for who hold bitcoin from 2k$ like me I think we dont have any risk in here. jsut set some protect order so even price fall down more than 5k I still have good profit.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:04:20 PM

Regardless of Bitcoin’s great annualized returns since its origin clinched alongside 2009, the truth will be that those coin may be still to its outset and nobody knows if it will by any means turn into Comprehensively acknowledged alternately if it will in the end vanish. This vulnerability encompassing Bitcoin’s future is reflected done its value instability.

joesan2012

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:59:38 PM

Every investment has always a risk, you should consider that, hodling bitcoin also has a risk, what if the price dump? surely you will loss  your money but for me hodling bitcoin is much better than hodling altcoins. As you can see , bitcoin is in mainstream. Cryptocurrency is full of "IF's". What if I hold my 1 bitcoin ,shall we say since 2016 and now it's almost a million then surely I am almost millionaire right now .. But the fact is bitcoin price is unpredictable ,we should know that.. Alwasy remebet Invest what you can afford to lose. Thats all.
watchbay30

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:02:03 PM

Todays risk on holding bitcoin is that when prices drops , but when prices goes up thats good enough , i cant see any risk right noe due to stability of price there is no huge downfall or increase on todays price so as of now you can still hold bitcoins.
if you take into account this year's rally for bitcoin it does seem like there is minimal risk involved. but holding btc is the same as holding any other currency, so the risk is the same. don't do the mistake of thinking that bitcoin is never falling and always rising.
akash15785

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:15:04 PM

If you want to know my opinion about it, there's always some risk in holding any cryptocoin in longterm basis. Successful crypto owners buys it in the dip and sell then in rise..

Rest is your choice..
BlackRock

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:34:29 PM

For me the risk of holding bitcoins, is there are more possibility that it can be hacked by hackers if well not protect or secured it very well, and i think the risk of holding bitcoin is to forget the private key of our wallet, and last risk holding bitcoins is the stability of price of it it can be decrease and it can also increase

Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:22:11 PM

For me the risk of holding bitcoins, is there are more possibility that it can be hacked by hackers if well not protect or secured it very well, and i think the risk of holding bitcoin is to forget the private key of our wallet, and last risk holding bitcoins is the stability of price of it it can be decrease and it can also increase

True! In that sense, you will lose absolutely everything you have and you may never find out who the culprit is since everything in the blockchain technology is heavily encrypted. Hence, you have to first and foremost prioritize securing your Bitcoin accounts and wallets.

But as for me, apart from what you have mentioned, the risk I am most afraid of is when the price of Bitcoin will greatly decline. I am most anxious about it considering the fact that its value is constantly fluctuating giving a semblance of a bubble that may just pop at any time. I am not saying I am losing faith on Bitcoin, what I am saying is we never know what to expect; and, the bigger your wealth becomes, the greater your risks as to whether it is still a time to hold or to sell.
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:20:05 PM

The biggest risk you keep bitcoin depended on is you buy it at any price. If you buy at too high prices, you risk a lot more than those who buy bitcoin at a lower price.
Unfortunately for you is you decide to not take advantage of the opportunity when the price of bitcoin was very cheap then that is not bitcoin fault but our own fault, and as such if you want to make money you now need to take the risk of buying at prices as high as 19k.
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:44:05 PM

Holding bitcoin for a long time is risky in the sense that bitcoin value can be sometimes unpredictable. But as we all know,  every investment endeavor has always a risk involved. However,  if you intend to hold it for a long time then make sure to secure your account and wallet especially your private key as there are cases that it can be hacked.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: