Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:55:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:17:01 PM

Bitcoin price as of now continus to increase and that's good because we can earn a lot of profit if the price continue to pump. But if you want to invest your money in bitcoin you can buy and for sure your money will grow buy be careful because the biggest risk of holding bitcoin is when the price is decrease your money also decrease. But other people for sure have a lot of bitcoin and when the bitcoin price decreasw they lose big profit but this is the good thing once bitcoin price decrease it will increase again because many people buy again bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:38:08 PM

i think there is no risk of holding bitcoins for atleast 5 to 10 yrs
Yes if someone will hold for 5 to 10 years then there is really not any risk and he will definitely get the expected benefit as in that time almost all of the world have adopted bitcoin and it is also possible that in that time all of the people have started to use for their businesses and bitcoin would be a global currency so the chances are more that at that time even one satoshi would make a person able to get benefit financially.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:58:49 PM

That's good! But make sure that you will only invest what you are willing to lose because bitcoin's price is unpredictable. It's price is fluctuating every time so there's a possibility that the money you invested will decrease and also increase fast over periods of time.

Aside from the technical aspects, bitcoin also is risky when it comes to time. You must spend lots of time to study the behavior of it in the market and become always updated to the news related to it, if you do not do this then there will be only a small prigress in your career as a bitcoin earner. So if you are a student or a busy person, you should learn time management.
MaskOffFuture

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:00:40 AM

i think there is no risk of holding bitcoins for atleast 5 to 10 yrs
Yes if someone will hold for 5 to 10 years then there is really not any risk and he will definitely get the expected benefit as in that time almost all of the world have adopted bitcoin and it is also possible that in that time all of the people have started to use for their businesses and bitcoin would be a global currency so the chances are more that at that time even one satoshi would make a person able to get benefit financially.

In long run like 5-10 years, the risk is minized because of the return. But in short term, the risk is about volatility.
JPCRYPTO2012

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:52:06 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
In investing bitcoin, comes with a greater responsibility and risk. Any Investment that involve money has always a risk.. bitcoin is indeed risky but it depends to you on how you grow your bitcoin. If you want to put it in trading so be it, learn and study technical analysis and basic fundamentals. Attend seminars near your place ,if ever has. There are so many ways to grow your bitcoin, but always remember consider the risk. You can also put your bitcoin in IcO investement but have a couple of research if it's legit or it will soar it's price soon.
LeaderAMB

Activity: 259

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:15:05 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
I think your biggest risk is investing in bitcoin ie you get a loss of what you invest, but if you are lucky you will get a very high income from your investment. Because bitcoin prices have a very good volume.
Now the price of bitcoin is very stable although sometimes it's adjust down but overall, the price of bitcoin is always grow over time so i don't think biggest risk of holding Bitcoin is drop of bitcoin in the future.
The biggest risk of holding Bitcoin is security your wallet which you use to store your bitcoin. If you are not secure your bitcoin wallet you can be lost all your bitcoin by hacker.

Algochain

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:36:54 AM

The only risk if you hold it is to lose, of course.
Like any investment!
CryptoHarry

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:42:41 PM

The only risk of holding bitcoin is market correction and also if take your eyes off the market for weeks because anything can happen the price can go up or down at any moment.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:38:06 PM

For me the risk of holding bitcoins, is there are more possibility that it can be hacked by hackers if well not protect or secured it very well, and i think the risk of holding bitcoin is to forget the private key of our wallet, and last risk holding bitcoins is the stability of price of it it can be decrease and it can also increase

True! In that sense, you will lose absolutely everything you have and you may never find out who the culprit is since everything in the blockchain technology is heavily encrypted. Hence, you have to first and foremost prioritize securing your Bitcoin accounts and wallets.

But as for me, apart from what you have mentioned, the risk I am most afraid of is when the price of Bitcoin will greatly decline. I am most anxious about it considering the fact that its value is constantly fluctuating giving a semblance of a bubble that may just pop at any time. I am not saying I am losing faith on Bitcoin, what I am saying is we never know what to expect; and, the bigger your wealth becomes, the greater your risks as to whether it is still a time to hold or to sell.
The problems is the lack of culture when it comes to secure our data, many people install bitcoin wallets in pirated copies of windows, they are just asking to get hacked and to lose their money, now if the amount of bitcoin is low the damage is not that great but people have lost hundreds of bitcoins and that is something that no matter who you are you are going to feel that.
You have a point, but in my opinion I think the risk of holding bitcoin is when it will suddenly going down or let we say "crashed" that we called hard fork. And will never come up again. The worst thing is, the bitcoin that you had hold in long-term will also gone as well.
That is a possibility but now that is very unlikely after all no fork is going to surpass bitcoin, you cannot surpass bitcoin if you are nothing but a cheap copy, so it needs to be a coin so good that people will adopt it instead of bitcoin and it is difficult to imagine a coin that good coming out of nowhere.
MathGame

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:59:04 PM

The only risk is the market, the price can rise or fall at any moment. Be ready to sell anytime when the market start misbehaving.
Green_Earth

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:36:43 PM

Risk is always involved on online investment.Because this depend on public support.If public come daily and invest on bitcoin then I think no risk.
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:52:03 PM

I don't think there is any risk attached to holding bitcoin ATM. The price, the market and thte mainstream are all working for bitcoin. Bitcoin is projected to be in the price range of $200,000. Would you still be hesitating while you have golden opportunity to stock up on bitcoin?

levuto

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:07:15 PM

The risk of holding bitcoin is to lose but thats have less potential to lose if you are a long term investment and the other is low security of wallet if you are a holder bitcoin you have potential to earn for investment but you can see your earn in a year.
flyingcat

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:47:07 PM

Just don´t put all of it into BTC, I guess we will see some pretty nice volume incoming in the next few Months but prices were soaring incredibly just play it with common sense.
In my opinion, when the trader feel normal with the price of Bitcoin higher than $15,000 this is the time to correction the value of Bitcoin. Example altcoins price, a lot of altcoins dumped below the base price just after increased to the moon in 2 months.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:24:09 PM

Yeah bitcoins value is sometimes unpredictable,  it is subject to inflation as well as deflation which could be really risky.  But thats the game of any investment.  So I suggest to invest only within your limits and when your into bitcoin,  it's a must to monitor always as much as possible to reduce the risk of getting lost.

The value of bitcoin is unstable and the risk of depreciation or worse, losing your money is always a high possibility. You can always invest on bitcoin however; you need to secure your daily needs. It’s very similar to gambling so, always make sure to gamble only what you can afford to lose. My best tip is to join signature campaigns or offer services to earn bitcoin, that way you will not be putting your personal money at risk.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jbombfb

Activity: 56

ExtraCredit - BitcoinHomework

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 11:24:43 PM

The worst case scenario is people bruforcing private keys address somehow, and that's it. Good BYe btc.

✮  ExtraCredit ✮  The Worlds 1st Educational Cryptoccurency in partnership with (https://www.bitcoinhomeworkico.com/)
──────── The Leading Cryptocurrency Learning Platform ✮ Bitcoin Homework ✮    (https://bitcoinhomework.com/)
Invest during our PRE-SALE and receive a 20% BONUS of EXTRA CREDIT ❨ starts on January 1st ❩ (https://www.bitcoinhomeworkico.com/)
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:50:43 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 10:57:31 AM by kynaz

You can lose all that you are if the bitcoin die or dump value in a crazy way. That means when all the trader sells cheap bitcoin you will lose everything and this is unpredictable because we can not predict the end of Bitcoin

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Gameflip ICO

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:16:36 AM

Nobody knows when is the pick fir Bitcoin ptice and that is the main risk.
GothicTauren48

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:31:10 AM

The risk in bitcoin is that your not sure what could really happen. You will end up just guessing as to what your investment will be in the end.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:44:39 AM

If you have little money left and you invest it on bitcoin then the biggest risk would be getting financially down. Just balance the money you can invest and the money you need for daily expenses
Only a fool will do this mistake of investing more than he or she can afford. If you are taking debts for meeting your daily expenditures but investing too much for future, you are standing at the same place. One should invest only what he or she has as an extra money or something they can compromise on rather than investing what they need for fulfilling their basic human needs. Always think before taking such steps.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: