Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:39:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:20:49 AM

The level of risk of hold Bitcoin is the same with return that will give it, because volatilty of Bitcoin so high. Others risk when hold Bitcoin is any hacking on wallet. But make investment in to Bitcoin will give more profit and more opportunity than just make investment in a bank or stock. All kind of investment has each different level of risk and return,  but make investment in Bitcoin is good decision to make money with high return.

rejin29x

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:25:06 AM

The risk of holding bitcoin is when the bitcoin value dump. That is the biggest fear of the one who's holding a bitcoin. If I were you, I'll just buy and sell my bitcoin like a trading. Sell high and buy low
CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:06:31 AM

There is no risk in holding bitcoin. Bitcoin will be more profitable in three years from now. It will definitely hit 1 million dollars whatever the consequences.
greenbitsgm

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:08:21 AM

Investing in bitcoin is already a risk,once you put your money on it you're already at risk of losing your hard  earned money.Bitcoin is constantly flactuating now and actually it's value is going down.Now if you buy it on a higher price then you are already losing. Holding it more will either make or break for you,you sell now you lose,you hold it more chances are u lose more or you'll earn a good profit once it start to rise again which is not a remote possibility as bitcoin has the capacity to do that.
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:33:08 AM

The risk in bitcoin is that your not sure what could really happen. You will end up just guessing as to what your investment will be in the end.
There is no any apparent risk in holding bitcoin as it is very establish currency of the market and still the people are purchasing  the bitcoin in huge quantity as they can avail good offers before coming 2018. It is predicted that its value will increase highly in the market in 2018 so the bitcoin holders will get opportunity of having reasonable profit rather than any concern of loss in the business.
alisafox2017

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:56:13 AM

The significant risk is that your account on the stock exchange can be hacked and thus all the earned funds can be stolen Sad
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:20:49 PM

it dpeneds on when you got in to bitcoin.

getting in early always has it's advantages.

and if you get in early enough, it can be very profitable - for any good coin
I think there no risk on holding bitcoin because bitcoin is not that kind of currency which can put you in risk or it give you lose so bitcoin is very safe and sound nothings to worry about anything there are only two things which are very important first one is time and second one is price if you have a good knowledge about these two things so then there is no risk you can earn from bitcoin easily and you will never lose.
mrdavidziuk

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:32:37 PM

I do not see any harm to those holding Bitcoin, even vice versa. Bitcoin holders have become rich.
for those newly acquainted, they regret not buying Bitcoin when the price is cheap.
You're wrong mate, Bitcoin isn't like your real money, if you're hacked by a hacker , it's totally gone and you have no chance to retrieve it back.
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:35:07 PM

It is not risky when holding Bitcoin in long time. Unless the Internet is cut in the world. The Bitcoin price always goes up and help you get money.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:32:54 PM

You have one risk, late cashout to fiat.
After the price drop, you will be nervous, but its not going long because btc's fastly recover allways

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:05:51 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
the biggest risk of holding bitcoin is that for my opinion that when price is high then I buy some bitcoin but after holding the price falling down, a major loss may be create.
But that is not really the fault of bitcoin the one at fault is you for not buying when the price is lower, many people blame bitcoin for that but bitcoin gave you years to buy bitcoin for a very cheap price and now people complain they have to pay a huge price for bitcoin.
Vibr56

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:10:38 PM

The risks of holding Bitcoin is if it gets hacked or if a lot of investors lose interest because of its high fees and how long it takes to confirm payment.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:03:06 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.

The biggest risk is loss. Bitcoin's price is fluctuating and every investment has the same risk is "LOSS".
Before start investing you should consider it, and should be prepared to lose the value of your money

I agree. Bitcoin or cryptocurrency, in general, is very volatile and the act of holding your coin for profit is actually a risk that anyone who's holding has to be able to endure and control because the prices may go up or down at any time. If the prices go up and would go actually as planned, then you're in luck; however, if you it will go down and fall further the amount you have bought it for, and that, it would spell some loss of profit then, that is a risk that you have vouched for the moment you held your coins.

FireShark89

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:04:52 PM

There are similar risks in holding Bitcoin and alt coins. It's just that Bitcoin is really secure as it has been through and survived all attacks thrown at it for the past years.
retardunicorn

Activity: 52
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:27:36 PM

The risks of holding Bitcoin is if it gets hacked or if a lot of investors lose interest because of its high fees and how long it takes to confirm payment.
Holding your bitcoins at your local wallet to safe your bitcoin if you don't want to get hacked. Pay more fees on your tranasction and it's will be confirmed in minutes.
Partizanai

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:02:59 AM

It is not risky when holding Bitcoin in long time. Unless the Internet is cut in the world. The Bitcoin price always goes up and help you get money.
Risk always will be a part of crypto currencies, yet if you look at all time char everything looks positive. But risk is always there
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:38:25 AM

Risk always will be a part of crypto currencies, yet if you look at all time char everything looks positive. But risk is always there
I think you can see the current bitcoin prices on the market, bitcoin prices fall by more than 15% in recent days, that's the risk of holding bitcoin, whenever bitcoin prices can go down unexpectedly, I think the risk will get horrible if you do not have patience, do not easily panicked with the situation and market conditions like this, stay calm and do research first before determining the option to withhold, buy again, or cutlosse,,
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:46:41 AM

Because we never know tomorrow, the price that we see now and it's past is just our basis to predict the future, we could be right or wrong therefore we have a chance to lose as well, never put all your money at risk but only invest or trade what you can afford of lose. Trading is like a gambling but more on an educated guessing game, if we make a good research and monitor the price actively, we will have a bigger chance to succeed.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:47:55 PM

the biggest risk of holding bitcoin is that for my opinion that when price is high then I buy some bitcoin but after holding the price falling down, a major loss may be create.

Well it is because of its volatility. Better buy coins when the price is down and do selling when the price is up. There are many risk in bitcoin to consider, not only the price right now in the market.
While that sounds easy the truth is that it is not that easy, if it was that easy then we all be millionaires after all what it means to buy low? You could buy when there is a dip but how do you know that is the end of the dip, what if the price keeps going down and stays down for some time? So it is not an easy thing to do at all.
terang93

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:59:13 AM

Yeah. Things are not only going up. That's why it's super risky if you're investing in Bitcoin for a long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: