Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:07:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
nano77

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:13:28 PM

I think the risk that can happen from holding bitcoin is that if the bitcoin price drops and very long to rise again it will be long to get a profit with the price back up
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:21:03 PM

I think the risk that can happen from holding bitcoin is that if the bitcoin price drops and very long to rise again it will be long to get a profit with the price back up
That's one of the disadvantages. The another risk is the wallet or the exchange where your bitcoins is stored. I will advise that it must be properly placed in a cold storage or if its possible to have a ledger or trezor.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:19:31 PM

When you invest you already have taken the risk.  Considering holding bitcoin would be so risky since in market there will always be an up and down curve with the prices and added with the fact that you are investing. You are risking to loss Or gain something.

Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:50:12 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

The biggest risk is loss. Bitcoin's price is fluctuating and every investment has the same risk is "LOSS".
Before start investing you should consider it, and should be prepared to lose the value of your money

Loss is the first risk of holding bitcoin or crypto currency and also other investment.
But i also worry for biggest lost that is bitcoin become zero value. Not only bitcoin but also other crypto currency.
Distinctin

Activity: 2842
Merit: 650

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:42:21 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.

The biggest risk is loss. Bitcoin's price is fluctuating and every investment has the same risk is "LOSS".
Before start investing you should consider it, and should be prepared to lose the value of your money

Loss is the first risk of holding bitcoin or crypto currency and also other investment.
But i also worry for biggest lost that is bitcoin become zero value. Not only bitcoin but also other crypto currency.
That could happen but it's almost impossible, the market is getting bigger and more money are coming in so that is just a proof
that the crypto market will be very useful in the future as people are now putting their money to invest on the future of the coin they choose to hold.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:39:43 AM

That could happen but it's almost impossible, the market is getting bigger and more money are coming in so that is just a proof
that the crypto market will be very useful in the future as people are now putting their money to invest on the future of the coin they choose to hold.
Now I understand why many users call investments or trade in crypto currency, very similar to gambling. Thus, you can understand that investing money in the crypto currency, you always risk your money or win on the contrary.
futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:58:42 AM

There may be only one risk if you have bitcoins. when your bitcoin wallet does not have a high level of security, it is very likely your bitcoin will be stolen by others. try to always update your bitcoin wallet password.

Even holding bitcoin will lead to the loss if you don't upgrade the wallets and at the same time, you will be in loss even though the price of Bitcoin. Already many people who bought the Bitcoin at the higher price are at risk now because we don't know when the price of Bitcoin will reach to ATH.
Superturacoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:12:22 AM

The risk of holding bitcoin is can be stolen your crypto .if we invest, risk shall be taken . If your wallet is lack of security it may occur the risk youve taken. We should have focus everytime brcause we dont want to lose hope .

TowerBee.io      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ICO > on our exchange TowerX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
youngagethinker

Activity: 193

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:34:00 AM

The biggest risk is to lose all your investment. As an example you can wake up and see that your account was hacked or the price of btc has experienced a huge crash an it is 300$ again.

This is quite scary, but of course long term hodler already bought some hardware wallet to store their BTC there, on the other hand the price dump, they are aware enough in the daily trends, there is no such thing that the BTC will go to 13K$ to 1k$ in a days, and as of the current situation these guys have bought BTC dip down at 1k$ so there is nothing to lose.

The risk of holding BTC is that you're missing a lot of good ICO that you should have bankrolled your BTC funds to trading. If you are good enough you're going to double your funds in just months.

ramzhies

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:29:49 AM

whats scary is u buy today, tom it will dip then u sell hafway.. the day after it went all time high,. unpreditability
Nikkolodeon

Activity: 98
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:34:56 AM

well I think the the biggest risk is that bitcoin reaches zero value, which is impossible because as I know, the value of bitcoin is increasing every year and I think if you are holding or investing a bitcoin you will earn profit, it's just that you will just have to wait a little longer to earn.
cryptoblue

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:43:32 AM

At present, There is no need to worry. Bitcoin price is relatively stable and I don't think that it would crash in future as feared by many people. It is fluctuating between 12k to 16k. It would increase again after some time.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
shahinurit

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:48:31 PM

it is true that, Regulations are considered to be a major risk when about the future of Bitcoin. The price of the digital currency is heavily dependent on its market demand. For instance, if a country like China, which holds 90% of the Bitcoin trading market, would ban its citizens from trading, the price of Bitcoin would crash. Thus, any negative regulatory changes concerning Bitcoin trading can have a huge impact on Bitcoin investments on a global scale.

arief89

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:12:07 PM

the greatest risk of bitcoin holding is that if bitcoin prices go down drastically you will incur losses, and the risk of holding the next bitcoin is if the whole country prohibits the circulation of bitcoin in the world and can not be used at all. That's the risk of holding bitcoin in my opinion.

fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:23:53 PM

Here risk is only depends on the bitcoin price,bitcoin prise always changes.we can hold bitcoin for future plans.bitcoin is digital currency.bitcoin is the new generation currency it has long life.we can hold bitcoin till price is increase.
The market value of bitcoin will keep on fluctuating and there is no way that you can control that thing. Looking at the past, you can conclude this fact that the market price of bitcoin has increased most of the times.

However, holding of bitcoin for some longer period of time can turn out to be risky if you are having not some good control over your emotions especially at the times when things are going in other way.
jinx029

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:01:59 AM

Investing in bitcoin in my opinion is not a strong risk. Every year bitcoin only grows. Correction, too, is, but after them it grows again. Given that now there are large injections of money int
rejin29x

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:43:54 AM

with bitcoin , Investors haven’t seen such high returns from other investments within such a short span of time. So many of them are tempted to try it out, hoping to make quick investment returns,The problem is apparent: If global bankers don’t understand the phenomenon, retail investors might not have much of a chance either. So what should you do? Follow the simple yet profound wisdom of Warren Buffett—if you don’t understand it, don’t invest in it.
vidprab5

Activity: 222

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:46:26 AM

Here risk is only depends on the bitcoin price,bitcoin prise always changes.we can hold bitcoin for future plans.bitcoin is digital currency.bitcoin is the new generation currency it has long life.we can hold bitcoin till price is increase.
The market value of bitcoin will keep on fluctuating and there is no way that you can control that thing. Looking at the past, you can conclude this fact that the market price of bitcoin has increased most of the times.

However, holding of bitcoin for some longer period of time can turn out to be risky if you are having not some good control over your emotions especially at the times when things are going in other way.
Yeah you are right prices of bitcoin fluctuate and all this thing is because of investors buying and selling decision and the main thing is holding and holding is the key path to achieve big profit and I don’t see any of risk in holding and all those who achieve great in bitcoin they did only one thing that was holding, so don’t get afraid of holding bitcoin legacy is to deliver profit to all its investor the main thing is to keep patience.

hchc12011

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:06:27 AM

I would like to say that in this world Bitcoin is the safest bank. So you could put your money into Bitcoin as many as you can. Top of my priority is to hold and invest more in bitcoin compared to other coins, holding bitcoin is profitable together with the risk. Risk is always there all we have to do is avoid that risk and that part of our success.
davidroux

Activity: 625
Merit: 250

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:40:58 PM

many traders, investors, companies in the world belive in Bitcoin. Go back in time, many people earned a lot money buy holding bitcoin. but actually we dont know what will happen in the future.. the market crashes, your money will go away

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀