Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:28:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:36:15 PM

The risks of hodling bitcoin are that bitcoin can go down from time of investment or be stolen and of the two I would be more worried about the investment aspect. It is unlikely to get stolen or hacked especially if you use a hardware wallet.

barbara44

Activity: 2408
Merit: 605

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:40:27 AM

The risk of holding bitcoin is not holding it. I am sure you must have seen bitcoin prediction in terms if price and you must have thought to yourself how ridiculous they those predictions are. The truth us those predictions are the potential of bitcoin.
Exactly! Holding of bitcoin is just like running a marathon in which you have to continuously run for a long period of time. Same is the case when it comes to that of holding of any coin may it be bitcoin or any other crypto coin. You need to keep holding your nerves all the time no matter what the conditions are. Only then you can manage to get what all you have planned to get by holing those coins.

hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:29:45 PM

The risk of holding bitcoin is not holding it. I am sure you must have seen bitcoin prediction in terms if price and you must have thought to yourself how ridiculous they those predictions are. The truth us those predictions are the potential of bitcoin.
Exactly! Holding of bitcoin is just like running a marathon in which you have to continuously run for a long period of time. Same is the case when it comes to that of holding of any coin may it be bitcoin or any other crypto coin. You need to keep holding your nerves all the time no matter what the conditions are. Only then you can manage to get what all you have planned to get by holing those coins.
Hodl isn't the right way for trader. Hodl is right when you can buy at bottom price of the cycle, remember, it means the begin of cycle and the bottom price, the lowest price in this cycle! But, can you do that? No, of course, don't have much people can do that, so, day trade is better than holder because you can move you funds easier than holder. Everything is only temporary in your eye.
tekin_ural

Activity: 211
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:55:13 PM

the risk is the instability of cryptocurrencies
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:13:28 AM

The risk of keeping bitcoin is minimal. I do not think that the price of bitcoin will fall. And as time shows - the price of bitcoin only grows.
It well and safe to assume that the price of bitcoin will be growing,but the main issue lies if the country you are living bans exchanges ,it is possible to trade else where but it will be impossible to get the amount to your country without much issues and if it is a huge amount then you might be under the radar ,so it is a delicate issue and it comes under the risk of holding bitcoin.
marzyyy

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:48:01 AM

No risk, just hold responsibly. If you bought it on lows and currently on highs, then suddenly drops for a percentage (let's say 10%), then it's time to sell. Set your cutloss. Many traders lose money because they still have high hopes that the price will still increase. Greed is not good.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:03:28 AM

The risk of holding bitcoin in my opinion is the loss of bitcoin or hack, the price falls when you want to sell because the needs and profits gained is not proportional to the time we hold bitcoin.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
darkarchon88

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:06:56 AM

No risk, just hold responsibly. If you bought it on lows and currently on highs, then suddenly drops for a percentage (let's say 10%), then it's time to sell. Set your cutloss. Many traders lose money because they still have high hopes that the price will still increase. Greed is not good.
Are you sure it gonna be no risk when you're holding bitcoins? You're saying about a dream world that never be exists ? You know that ?
clarkgeneral86

Activity: 1043
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:18:38 AM

Are you sure it gonna be no risk when you're holding bitcoins? You're saying about a dream world that never be exists ? You know that ?
He says it's no risk when people're just need not greedy for the money. It is true but not easy to do, everyone knows to buy low sell high but it is difficult.
cepedacharles

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:27:14 AM

The risk is to lose part of all of your money. However, I have discovered that this can happen also to your FIAT money that you keep in the bank, or making investments which are popular in the mainstream media. So all things considered I prefer the risks inherent with Bitcoin
mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:34:17 AM

The risk of owning Bitcoin is that it might fail and you will lose it all. The second risk is that it just loses value because demand for it drops. In this scenario at least you won't lose everything but you could lose money. The only other way you could lose you investment in Bitcoin is if you somehow don't secure your private key and it gets stolen or you forget it. Or you die and your relatives don't have the private keys.
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:26:49 AM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?

The risk of holding bitcoins is ofcourse the volatility of it because if you buy a lot of bitcoins because you are hoping that the bitcoins will rise again and your money will rise too then suddenly the bitcoins fall entirely all of your money will just be gone and you can never take that away because you can never report that bitcoins is a scam because at the first place you should know that those things are normal when it becomes into cryptocurrency. And nothing you can get you money back on because there is no main source.
Skuylaruy

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:02:24 PM

I think the risk of holding bitcoin or buying bitcoin they have possible that your money will lose or decrease once bitcoin decrease the price. Even the price of bitcoin as of now continue to increase we dont know when the price decrease maybe tomorrow. What if you buy today and if you see the price tomorrow will decrease for sure your money will decrease also.

Yes bitcoint price is fluctuating...and make sure your wallet is secured they can get hacked i rare occasion.
LiberateDPigeon

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:04:00 PM

Right now, Ripple and some other alts with high potential are slowly but surely becoming a threat and possible disruption for Bitcoin's dominance in the crypto market.  I think you all may have already noticed that Bitcoin's dominance rate has declined and keeps on declining...
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:10:12 PM

The risk is to lose part of all of your money. However, I have discovered that this can happen also to your FIAT money that you keep in the bank, or making investments which are popular in the mainstream media. So all things considered I prefer the risks inherent with Bitcoin

It's not really true, FIAT money will only lose its value if they have been degraded by the central bank that controls them. Physical money's value stay as it is and it only matters if the country has a high GDP per capita, which should result into a high cost of living.

Moving it into a bank guarantees that it will earn interest. However, only big savings will result in higher gains and vice versa. Add to the fact that you don't have full control of the money that you will put into it and if you're not prepared to wait for a long period just to withdraw all the interest and capital, goodluck in sorting things out with the bank.

While with Bitcoin, even though it is very risky, there's a big chance that you'll earn higher interest compared to financial institutions and in a short period of time.
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:02:38 PM

How could you stand that long term when you investment is the only income your expecting,so better to invest not more than you can loss so u can stay holding until the price grows up again. It is normal that the price is volatile because it depends on the supply and demand but for some other coins you really need to have a good analysis before investing to know if the certain coin has a potential to grow before investing
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:10:49 PM

No doubt I have not seen any hazard in bitcoin as of now,, as though you are having 1 or more bitcoin then you hold for bitcoin long time then you sit tight for over one year it is certain that your cash will be more than twofold in brief time. It is simple and free wellspring of making benefit so bitcoin is helping a huge number of individuals to gain and get into bitcoin along these lines bitcoin does not have any hazard but rather its development will build your benefit as quick as you need,
JackyLon

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:35:47 PM

I believe keeping bitcoin is not risky because bitcoin has been active nearby for years and bitcoin is now stable, I myself made a profit from bitcoin and I am sure you will follow me to invest in it And in the future bitcoin will have high value in the market.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:37:31 PM

The risk of losing your bitcoins if your wallet isn't secure enough. I won't go deep on this topic, as a lot of threads here in bitcointalk and on reddit has addressed the security topic already.

Also, bitcoin could nose-dive in price anytime. Even though in theory, bitcoin's price should continue to go up longterm due to supply and demand, it isn't guaranteed. That's why people always suggest that you only invest what you can afford to lose.
yeah thats one posibility of the risk we might encounter,losing bitcoin because of carelessness..putting our funds in more secure place would be necessary.another risk we should anticipates the dump that usually happens.and if your a panic person then dont try investing bitcoin or all the alts ,theres no place for panicking person here..if you manage to beat those troubles then you are ready to explore this community
Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:23:49 PM

The risk of holding Bitcoin is dependent on the owner, if the owner doesn't know how to protect their wallet, if their wallet is not encrypted or if they give out their private keys, hackers can get hold of their bitcoin, I think that would be the riskiest part of holding bitcoins. If we don't protect our wallets and hold our Bitcoin, we are risking it to be hacked, however if our wallets are protected, we have lessen the risk, and the next risk is the value of Bitcoin that we hold, still we can further lessen the risk by investing on education, so we can handle how we can profit on both bearish and bullish market.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: