Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can be hacked?  (Read 3901 times)
bebejhen

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:19:31 AM

I don't think that bitcoin can be hacked. Our account cam be but not totally the bitcoin. Our accoun is like our account in social medias there is an email and password so we must keep our password safe and private. As well as our bitcoin addresses.
A.nayem

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:57:33 AM

It depends on what you are referring. Bitcoin can be hacked through Bitcoin platforms like exchanges and hacking users device where they store their bitcoin wallets and private key. But if you are referring to Block cain which runs the Bitcoin network it will be hard and is very unlikely to happen.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:00:09 AM

The complete working of bitcoin depend on its security system blockchain.
If any hacker breaks this blockchain then and then only he can hack bitcoin.
Blockchain is a distributed and decentralised public ledger in which all the bitcoin transactions made get recorded.
It allows bitcoin traders to keep a track of all the transactions made.
The blockchain was designed so that all the transactions cannot be deleted.
If anyone has to hack the blockchain then he has to take control of all the nodes connected all over the world, which is impossible.
We may lose bitcoins if we are not using secured  bitcoin wallets.
Its our responsibility to protect our wallet from hackers by keeping strong password.
And also by keeping secure your private key.
"Thought it is quiet difficult to hack the blockchain expert says its not impossible."
Marileno

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:04:11 AM

Usually what happens is people are third parties are hacked. The same way that it is super rare to hear that a bank was hacked. Hackers and criminals will always find a way to  commit fraud. Sometimes it will involved hacking individuals themselves, or even exchanges and wallets. Education users and forcing exchange and wallets to secure their data in certain ways is very important to limiting the occurrences of fraud involved BTC, which of course helps the velocity of main stream uptake.
MattHoo

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:17:39 AM

Of course, not. Bitcoin can not be hacked, but if you put it in some unsafe wallets then may be it can be hacked.

ICO Research:https://icohoo.com
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:19:35 AM

I love the concept of Bitcoin. I believe the Internet will redefine currency as we know it.  I hope this helps the Bitcoin community to develop a currency that's really resilient to attacks.

But, is it possible?

Can you give us one scenario that bitcoin has been attacked before?

Blockchain, the underlying technology behind bitcoin has no history of such attacks, although it has been spammed before causing the network to clogged down a little. And with regards to bitcoin wallet, its your own responsibility to protect it against hackers, like having strong passwords, 2FA and secure your private keys. I hope you can research first before posting here because it looks like you don't have a clue what bitcoin/blockchain is.

Yes that is right no history that the block chain was ever compromised by the hacker, hacking incidents only happened on wallets and exchanges.

I saw an speculation that in order for someone to compromise the blockchain transaction you need to have at least 51% of the blockchain but the problem is no one knows if what is the exact number of hardware is connected to that system.
newlone

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:59:06 AM

I love the concept of Bitcoin. I believe the Internet will redefine currency as we know it.  I hope this helps the Bitcoin community to develop a currency that's really resilient to attacks.

But, is it possible?
When the value of any bitcoin is too high, the hacker will be interested in it and bitcoin is a choice. But the security of bitcoin is high so hacking is very hard at present, but in the future it may be the target.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:12:56 AM

blockchain is the backbone of bitcoin technology, the integrity of its key and ledgers  is hack proof and tamper proof. the only way to unlock its
security is the the thing called "private key". if private key is lost breaking the code like key guessing or what we called as brute force is nearly impossible. but always remember this , that the chain is as strong as its weakest link, the weakest link here is the "private key" once it is breached or leaked then, the bitcoin transaction can be easily hacked. the only way to exploit private key is thru social engineering, like sending key logger files to the victims pc or sending some phishing site where it world ask about something of your bitcoin details. so the security of your bitcoin data lies on your hand on how you handle spam and other malicious files and website. regular updates of internet security tools might also helps.
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:42:26 AM

Bitcoin cannot be hacked. Its value is secured due to the cryptographic functions that it employs. Maybe it could be hacked one day in the future but such an attack is unlikely to happen in the near future. However, the networks and storage locations or the exchanges can be hacked. There have been reports about it and the most prominent case is the Mt. Gox attack in 2014.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
rajsimran

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:20:20 AM

Yes bitcoin can hacked.If hackers put key logger on your computer they can transfer all of your bitcoins.If you download any virus or wallet which infected in  virus they can hack your bitcoin.I saw a post which made on 10 October and he lost around 95 btc which was hugged amount of btc.He lost his btc because hacker put a keylogger in his pc.My friend lost 2 btc few days ago.He downloaded a wallet which infected in virus.So your bitcoin can be hacked in various way
Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:30:48 AM

No, it isn't.

It is impossible to hacked bitcoin, the concept behind bitcoin is what I like the most the privacy behind bitcoin. So it is really imposibe ti hacked or be stolen

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
jkoin

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:33:57 AM

Most likely, it is impossible to break the bitcoin, or just no one else has found such a method. But as practice shows - nothing lasts forever. Yes, the crypto-currency industry is still too young and will grow and develop for another 2-5 years, this is 100%. But it will take off, there will be a fall. Roll Eyes
CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:47:38 AM

It depends on us.Actually Bitcoin was developed to be very safe currency.But there are few cases where bitcoin got hacked. It is impossible to hack bitcoin but it it is easy to phish you out and take your money.So it is in our hands to take care of our systems and private keys.
braves182

Activity: 476

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

It depends on how much you are responsible for storing your crypto currency. You should choose the most convenient and safe wallet. I use Blockchain.info, for me he is the most secure. It has a two-factor authentication system, SMS-notification system, codewords, double passwords.

█▀▄ ▀ ▄▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄ █░█
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY █▀█ █ ░▀▄ ░█░ █░█ ▄▀▄WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER
EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD ▀▀░ ▀ ▀▀░ ░▀░ ░▀░ ▀░▀⬡the B I S T O X exchange⬡
Smith871

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:11:34 PM

NO bitcoin can never be hacked because they are organized by well developed and well trained team as even now no one knows who developed the bitcoin so how one can hacks their such a big economical organization.
splat44

Activity: 384

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:16:16 PM

It depends on how you handle your wallet, try to keep your private keys and phrase password it's very important. but if you asking if Bitcoin can be hack? No one can hack bitcoin. Unless you're the real Satoshi Nakamoto. cheers brother
bagsk

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

Cryptofan!

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 12:21:52 PM

What about this - https://lbc.cryptoguru.org/trophies Huh

Excerpt from FAQ
The "Large Bitcoin Collider" (LBC - a homage to LHC) is a distributed effort to find at least one collision of private Bitcoin keys by creating addresses to private keys in a continuous 2160 range. These are checked against the list of known BTC addresses with funds on them. In the rare event of a collision, the funds on the address in question would become accessible to the collision finder.

jeraldskie11

Activity: 1274
Merit: 356

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:22:51 PM

But, is it possible?
If bitcoin has possibility to be hack, I think the volume market capitalization of this currency will not reach $88 billion. Professional investors are very wise, its about the money so they don't put it risk. So if they know that bitcoin is not secure, there is no reason by the developers to born this currency.
For me, there is no chances for hackers to hack bitcoin, that's all.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
salihno71

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:28:50 PM

Well, here you can find the list of currently known weaknesses: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Weaknesses If you are thinking on brute force the private key, here is the another post:

How long in bytes the private key is

32 bytes, or 256 bits

then how many combinations of numbers it will contain

There are 2^256 different private keys. That's a little larger than a 1 followed by 77 zeroes.

what is the fastest computer or network of supercomputers

At its peak around August 2011, the Bitcoin network was checking 15 trillion sha256 hashes per second. (See http://bitcoin.sipa.be/)

how long it would take to crack a private key using that computer

If we assume it takes the same time to run an ECDSA operation as it takes to check an sha256 hash (it takes much longer), and we use an optimisation that allows us to only need 2^128 ECDSA operations, then the time needed can be calculated:

>>> pow(2,128) / (15 * pow(2,40)) / 3600 / 24 / 365.25 / 1e9 / 1e9

It's 0.65 billion billion years.

That's an very conservative estimate for the time taken to break one single Bitcoin address.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/2847/how-long-would-it-take-a-large-computer-to-crack-a-private-key
ajjhu

Activity: 106
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:29:45 PM

If you're talking about bitcoin wallets, the answer is no doubt yes.If your computer isn't secure, or no anti-virus software, hackers can easily access your wallet's private key.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: