Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:33:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex. What happen?  (Read 1862 times)
eance

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:48:25 AM

Better safe than sorry, withdraw your funds if you can, wait until the dust settle. It seems to be geographical target purge, most of the accounts targeted comes from outside US.
We cannot just speculate it is geographically targeted. I am from outside the US and I do not have any problem with my account and neither have I anytime before since I have been using bittrex. However, if something like this is going on or possibly I did not log in at that time due to time zone, there must have been a reason why bittrex must have been doing that.
It seems most of the accounts targeted are from some specific countries, regions so it is possible that Bittrex focus on those regions for some security, political or government reasons

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:42:41 AM

Better safe than sorry, withdraw your funds if you can, wait until the dust settle. It seems to be geographical target purge, most of the accounts targeted comes from outside US.
We cannot just speculate it is geographically targeted. I am from outside the US and I do not have any problem with my account and neither have I anytime before since I have been using bittrex. However, if something like this is going on or possibly I did not log in at that time due to time zone, there must have been a reason why bittrex must have been doing that.
It seems most of the accounts targeted are from some specific countries, regions so it is possible that Bittrex focus on those regions for some security, political or government reasons
What do you mean by say "some specific countries, regions".
I was intending to deposit more coins in Bittrex just before this issue.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:48:20 AM

It seems to be mainly accounts from the middle east and developing world that have been closed down. If your country is on Trump's list, bittrex will close you down.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:24:58 AM

It seems to be mainly accounts from the middle east and developing world that have been closed down. If your country is on Trump's list, bittrex will close you down.

Maybe it's acceptable if they have done this for security and government reasons but they should have let people withdraw their investments on altcoins and btc instead of disabling accounts without notification and announcements. They are just making it worst for their site.
$1vEr.$urfer

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:47:38 AM

I had a 'Legacy' type account on Bittrex (more than 18 months old) which effectively had a limitless daily withdrawal limit. I never had any withdrawal problems in the past and used to deposit and withdraw substantial amounts of btc without any hassles. Recently I deposited btc to trade alts and when i tried to withdraw i discovered that my account type had been changed from 'Legacy' to 'New' and that i now had a ZERO (0) withdrawal limit! Note that at the time I made these crypto deposits (over the last couple of months) there was NO WARNING whatsover that my account type had been changed to New and that I now had ZERO withdrawal capability! (Due to the outcry about this disgusting deceitful behaviour I see Bittrex NOW has a warning once logged in that says you cannot withdraw anything due to being 'unverified'... TOO LATE to put that notice up now!! It should have been put up there the second they changed my withdrawal limit to zero and my account type to New so that i could back then decide for myself whether i still wanted to deposit funds knowing i would then need to give up my privacy and get 'verified'.  These scumbags took that choice away from me and are now holding my funds hostage to extort me for my personal information!
This is totally unacceptable and is nothing short of entrapment and plain theft.

I figured i'd do Basic Verification but this did not work - no surprises there after researching the problem and found that NOBODY is getting it right to complete Basic Authentication anymore... so Basic Authentication is a joke! in fact it's just a trap that Bittrex has laid out in which they use the info you input into Basic Verification against you after they purposefully fail it and then coerce you into doing Advanced Verification ... and then if there is ANY mismatch between the info you entered in Basic compared to Advanced then you are screwed and it can take months (if you're lucky) to get Bittrex Support to manually verify you. Note that there is no option to review your Basic verification info or update it afterwards ... this is by design to trap you into a position whereby you upload all your docs for Advanced verification but get this failed anyway due to some mismatch (no matter how trivial) so still no withdrawal ability even although you have uploaded more than enough personal info to allow identity theft. Do you trust Bittrex with your personal ID documents when this is how they operate??

I refuse to give in to this extortion by Bittrex and am not prepared to do Advanced Verification due to the shady way they went about entrapping me (no warning) into depositing crypto all the while changing my account type and withdrawal limits to zero stealthily without my knowledge! This is the lowest of low i have ever encountered - not even Poloniex pulled this kind of devious sh1t!
I opened a Support ticket regarding this but get no response.
i'll be joining the class action against Bittrex for sure due to their unacceptable shady behaviour and their use of my deposited funds to extort all my personal ID info from me against my will!

If there are any decent human beings left at Bittrex then please respond to my ticket # 484175
wim255

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:31:48 AM

I am also confused, what happened to bittrex, until now my funds can not be taken, it's been a month more. make a headache, already complain with email but its zero
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:24:10 AM

There is lots of users on bittrex exchange, they say their account disabled. no support from bittrex. Cointelegraph says to receive many complaints.

What do you think happen at bittrex right now?

They are still operating but a lot stricter now. Those accounts are disabled unless they submit verification documents that they won't like to comply. I just hope that they will not be hacked that will put every of their customer's identity in jeopardy.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:04:39 AM

There is lots of users on bittrex exchange, they say their account disabled. no support from bittrex. Cointelegraph says to receive many complaints.

What do you think happen at bittrex right now?

One explanation to what is happening with Bittrex is that they have grown so big and they feel they should start being selective on the people that they allow on their platform now. Another explanation is that they are facing the heat from the regulatory authority and they decide which one to go with either to raise up the standard for those who will trade with them or go out of business as a result of government actions against them. If I am a businessman, I will choose the latter.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:52:11 PM

I am also confused, what happened to bittrex, until now my funds can not be taken, it's been a month more. make a headache, already complain with email but its zero

I think they're in trouble. It's not just that they are closing down random accounts and have set legacy accounts to new. Or that their verification is broken to ensure people can't withdraw.

It's that their withdrawal fees are among the highest of all the exchanges - which means they are desperately trying to stop bitcoin from leaving their site.

If you are still able to withdraw, I would do so - perhaps convert to an alt to get around the withdrawal fees. I think the writing is on the wall for them, they are following the same pattern as Cryptsy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:04:00 PM

I think they're in trouble. It's not just that they are closing down random accounts and have set legacy accounts to new. Or that their verification is broken to ensure people can't withdraw.

It's that their withdrawal fees are among the highest of all the exchanges - which means they are desperately trying to stop bitcoin from leaving their site.

If you are still able to withdraw, I would do so - perhaps convert to an alt to get around the withdrawal fees. I think the writing is on the wall for them, they are following the same pattern as Cryptsy.

Agreed. There are thousand of users, who wait more than a month for a response about frequent verification errors (see here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2465829.0). These errors are far from being random or occasional. I still hold some altcoins in Bittrex, and I am trying to pull it from there as soon as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: