Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:16:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Ethereum so special?  (Read 7829 times)
valisa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:12:18 PM

ethereum is so special for me because ethereum is an alternative pill for those who have little money to buy bitcoin, because the bitcoin price for now is very high. so ethereum becomes the main choice for those with little capital.
woas4

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:17:37 PM

Ethereum is the most complete blockchain in the market currently in my opinion. It has the potential to do a lot of tasks in the real world (in the very near future).

Another great thing going for Eth is the fact that they have the largest amount of developers working on top of the platform out of any cryptocoins, and that means a lot for tech development and innovation.

seimob

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:19:39 PM

ethereum is going to be the main cryptocurrency soon
Bekoultra

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:20:32 PM

Ethereum is easy to use and has a fast transaction time compared with bitcoin. I think the value will increase in 2018.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:20:51 PM

ethereum is so special for me because ethereum is an alternative pill for those who have little money to buy bitcoin, because the bitcoin price for now is very high. so ethereum becomes the main choice for those with little capital.
Just than comes Poloniex around, demanding a minimal deposit amount of 0.5 ETH and smaller deposits will pop up inside your ballance once they surpass those 0.5 in total sum. Guesswork they have fixed costs on running their infrastructure.
Just say one ETH costs $300 resulting in $100 deposits not even getting counted!
How much of "little capital" seems that to be?
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:24:02 PM

Ethereum has the advantage of the first mover, having introduced smart contracts. But now more and more platform will appear ad improve their model. Some are already on stage and gaining attention.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:24:22 PM

Ethereum has seen a huge rise in its adoption as the platform new startups use in implementing their projects.
However, there are other platforms such as Waves that can do the same things Ethereum does ( even easily as Waves does not require any programming skills). Why can't new startups use the Ethereum alternatives? Is there any uniqueness in Ethereum that other platforms don't have? What makes Ethereum the in-thing?

hy folks i am actually preparing an ICO (more precise ISO)

ethereum for us is easy to use and looks longterm save,

since i dont want to scam people and run away with the investments, i cant use a plattform that is not stable

furthermore there will be no 51% attack threat through ethereums size

only thing that could lead us to reconsider using ethereum is ether speculations and to high transaction costs following it.

i didnt considered alternatives to ethereum yet but we will do that, and our project is build for the longterm so we will exchange old token for new ones 1:1 to secure their high quality

regards

A lot of people already used ethereum, that can be reflected by the ethereum nodes already spreaded around the world. you can see the fact that about the ethereum already did mass adoption after the bitcoin itself.
If there will be pos implemented and just waiting for that to go to the moon.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:24:42 PM

Ethereum has seen a huge rise in its adoption as the platform new startups use in implementing their projects.
However, there are other platforms such as Waves that can do the same things Ethereum does ( even easily as Waves does not require any programming skills). Why can't new startups use the Ethereum alternatives? Is there any uniqueness in Ethereum that other platforms don't have? What makes Ethereum the in-thing?

Vitalik Buterin of Ethereum has invented smart contracts if I am not mistaken. This has provided more revolution to the blockchain innovation. It had also pulled out so many companies and projects to join the world of crypto. However, I also believe that it is not only Ethereum that can deliver all these. Waves is one project we can actually utilize to its full potential. The better edge of ethereum really is that it is very strong in promotions.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Gnosis7777

Activity: 131
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:33:52 PM

Vitalik Buterin of Ethereum has invented smart contracts if I am not mistaken. This has provided more revolution to the blockchain innovation. It had also pulled out so many companies and projects to join the world of crypto. However, I also believe that it is not only Ethereum that can deliver all these. Waves is one project we can actually utilize to its full potential. The better edge of ethereum really is that it is very strong in promotions.

Vitalik did not 'Invent' Smart Contracts. Nick Szabo first coded them in 1996, Vitalik just slapped his code on the blockchain.

http://www.fon.hum.uva.nl/rob/Courses/InformationInSpeech/CDROM/Literature/LOTwinterschool2006/szabo.best.vwh.net/smart_contracts_2.html

There's a reason Satoshi never introduced smart-contracts onto the Bitcoin Blockchain, it causes ridiculous bloat and unusability.

Ethereum can't even handle ICO launches without practically grinding to a halt, and its barely been in use for 2 years, and that's without any popular 'dapps'.

Within another 2 years it will utterly unusable.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 11:34:33 PM

what are smart contracts, as far as i understood, is that they are some in the blockchain held agreements between parties.

ok but where is the innovation in this?

crazyhashmanz

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:36:09 PM

One of the biggest reasons is the brand awareness of Ethereum. Apart from this, it is possible to do many things with intelligent contracts and Ethereum infrastructure. I still have doubts about the Waves team and I do not trust as much as Ethereum.

THRIVE            ▄█▄
        ▄▄█████
   ▄▄██████████
 ▄███████████▀

████████▀▀▀
████▄▄  ▄▄██▄
▀████████████
  ▀█████████▀
  ▐██████▀▀
  ▐███▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀████
    █████▀▀
    ▀█
THE PREMIUM
DECENTRALIZED
AD MARKETPLACE
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████
███████▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██░░░░░░███
███░░░░▄███▀▀▄▄███░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄█████░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░█▀░▀██░░░░░░████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░░▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████▄░░░░███████▀░░░▄█████
███████░░░░█████▀░░░░██████
███████░░░░░███▀░░░░░██████
███████░█░░░░█▀░▄░░░░██████
███████░██░░░░░▄█░░░░██████
███████░███░░░▄██░░░░██████
█████▀░░░▀██░▄██▀░░░░▀█████
crypto-curious

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:37:40 PM

Ethereum has been creating user friendly resources that are easy to understand and implement. They also keep people informed and contribute knowledge to the blockchain tech development community. I think they will be the prime resource for blockchain tech development if they keep up with their progress.
sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:33:41 AM

probably Because almost all other altcoins use ethereum to make other Altcoin so ethereum is the founder of this ecosystem so ethereum is higher than other Altcoin.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:28:30 AM

Ethereum have designed a Turing-complete scripting language on the Ethereum network, which makes it much easier and convenient for programmers to actually start building programmable money. Through Ethereum, it is now possible to write Smart Contracts (programmable money) and that for any currency you wish, including Bitcoin.
So Ethereum and Bitcoin can be see as a couple that can strengthen each other. But Ethereum can exist and work entirely without Bitcoin . this is make it so special.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:36:31 AM

Ξ and Ξ classic are the same things, ETH is $300 and ETC is $10. imagine identical twin girls, I would jump any of them without hesitating for a second,(well, I would jump any available girl even if I have to put a bag on her head. wait for the lol just not now).
Same with Bitcoin and activity token, both are decentralized, both have 21M total supply, Bitcoin distribution is handled by the code rewarding miners, activity token distribution was handled by me sending 10*activity points of forum account to any Sr.member+.
What makes it special, Vitalik is jumpable I guess. now lol. money and support, they're not like Waves dev team, a bunch of beggars, paying a few bucks to people for shit posting as a promoting strategy.

🖤😏
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:39:47 AM

Bitcoin price reached more than we expected and it is not possible for small investors to invest huge amount, so people are giving second option to ETH because after Bitcoin ETH has more popularity.
NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:15:58 AM

The one reason for me why ethereum is special is that its developers are well known. Unlike bitcoin, which the developer/s Satoshi Nakamoto's identity is so mysterious. This mystery could result to many loose ends, because some people may fear its anonimosity. You could not really know the reason why the developer does not want to be known, so speculation could rise.

i_iz_vins

Activity: 107

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:01:07 AM

Ethereum is so valuable. It's a rising star that may outpace bitcoin in the future. It also has good features that bitcoin don't have.  Ethereum has a record of transaction that can be created faster than bitcoin.It's second to bitcoin and it may grow more than the bitcoin.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:43:09 AM

Ethereum is special because is not just a cryptocurrency it is a revolution. Contract are been created on every economic concern on daily bases and been executed without the need for third party. Ethereum life is the best life.

Alvaro.anso

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:44:44 AM

The infrastructure of Ethereum gives the possibility to build "smart contracts", put it simply you can give\receive money (tokens) when some conditions is satisfied
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: