Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:36:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another ICO ban, this time probably from Japan :(  (Read 1751 times)
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:42:55 PM

The article represents some analysis and some special opinions, I did not see any information that ensures Japanese government will ban ICOs, so it does not make sense.
Gyro

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:47:22 PM

Governments have no control over crypto. Anyone can still participate in an ICO all they need to do is rent a VPN for a day and join. There will always be countries where icos are legal and if not then we'll just use an anonymous platform for our icos in the future.

CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:03:59 PM

ICO ban in japan ? does not matter
they have ADA coin for that Smiley

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:04:27 PM

An ICO Ban In Japan Is Still A 'Definite Possibility says the news. Here is the link:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/elaineramirez/2017/10/15/japan-ico-ban-indiesquare-higashi/#698d1d38213e
I don't want to cause FUD but I don't know.
Any views on this and on ETH price?

GOOD

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:26:25 PM

ICO ban in japan ? does not matter
they have ADA coin for that Smiley

And take a look at Nukonium also, it's an Ethereum fork and they're Japan based. It isn't in exchanges yet I think but they did a giveaway 2-3 months ago

SimonJones

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:47:08 PM

There needs to be regulation for ICOs or number of frauds will start to rise massively and it would be bad for crypto in general.

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

rannovan

Activity: 304
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 06:52:06 PM

maybe they think ICO is like HYIP
can scam anytime and run out with money from investor
they dont know if ICO can use escrow
but I dont know if this just big whales strategy to make Bitcoin decrease and buy back at cheap rate?
SirSer

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:57:37 PM

Finding a way to protect investor of the ICOs I think it's a good way. There are plenty of scam coins that are just screwing people around and steal their money. These bans for sure will be temporary until they find a way to protect the "customers".
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:06:00 PM

the ico ban can be temporary in the order to protect interest of their citizens!

and after ban come regulation. i dont think japan can abandon cryptoworld!
nata777

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:14:09 PM

I do not think that this news may somehow materialize with the situation with the ethereum
RichardBTC

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:37:41 PM

all of this fuss over China and Japan banning then not banning then banning again... all its doing is driving the price up and down for the short term.. fomo is real and if a guy in Japan or China want to still invest in crypto then they will. There is no stopping peoples will to do something.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
JoCrook

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:38:38 PM

Well, every month happen something.. probably with enough time this will be like the story of the child that warn about the wolf..
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:55:24 PM

An ICO Ban In Japan Is Still A 'Definite Possibility says the news. Here is the link:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/elaineramirez/2017/10/15/japan-ico-ban-indiesquare-higashi/#698d1d38213e
I don't want to cause FUD but I don't know.
Any views on this and on ETH price?

I think 1 thing is for sure - market cant go on like this, there is SCAM ICOS and there will be if there is no regulation. Thus governments cant ignore it for ever.
I would hope that at one point crypto community could came together and make their own "institution" which could give some kind of rating for ICOS , which can give you idea how safe this ICO is.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:09:54 PM

I think everybody is trying to keep the ETH price down! They will not succeed.
Iolanna

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:23:05 PM

Most of the news are just fake news to effect the price of BTC. I wouldn't trust them until I see an official announcement.
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:25:02 PM

Just another regulation part !
Its import to controll this guys , to mouch scam out there !  Embarrassed Embarrassed

Zarbout

Activity: 168

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:27:26 PM

It's maybe because a lot of scammers are running away with investors money. Ico's should be regulated by someone or it will be thousands of scam ico's and looser projects.

mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:29:14 PM

I think everybody is trying to keep the ETH price down! They will not succeed.
Yes, I agree that. For my point, All ICO ban is just like aa drama, at end they null to prove anything, there merely failed. They never and ever control the blockchain technology.
nomad1109

Activity: 238

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:16:23 PM

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. ICOs get banned because they aren't regulated and people are abusing them. In the future they might be allowed again, but under certain regulations. This is good for the people who want to invest in an ICO. As things are now anyone can make an ICO and they won't be prosecuted for manipulating the market or misinforming investors. There has to be rules for these kinds of things, or else investors are going to get exploited until there's no more interest in investing.

Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:24:35 PM

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. ICOs get banned because they aren't regulated and people are abusing them. In the future they might be allowed again, but under certain regulations. This is good for the people who want to invest in an ICO. As things are now anyone can make an ICO and they won't be prosecuted for manipulating the market or misinforming investors. There has to be rules for these kinds of things, or else investors are going to get exploited until there's no more interest in investing.
ICO should be filtered there's a need for some restrictions on implementing it, the most legit ICO canake it by applying it or such admins who will choose which qualify the only downside is admins may abuse their power for their benefits.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: