Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:35:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term down trend?  (Read 8421 times)
Mahn (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:14:13 AM

Am I the only one seeing this?

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:17:15 AM

That's not long term , that's only a ripple Smiley
Mahn (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:21:06 AM

Seems to correlate well with Google Trends as well. (link)

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:27:15 AM

Roll Eyes

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Dayne

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:31:21 PM

Those who bought above 200$ need to panic and surrender by selling whatever they have left to those who sold in 80-90 range. Then we can start moving up again.

This.
linuxer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:32:17 PM

That's not long term , that's only a ripple Smiley

Agree with you.

Long term  = 1-2 Year atleast
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:59:26 PM

Two weeks is not long term.
ashaw596

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:21:53 AM

Yeah, thats not that much of an decrease. I think part of its driven by asic companies starting to cash out more.
BTCThousandaire

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 05:30:47 AM

This is just what I was waiting for, one more major down move completing the abcde triangle. Now we can move up from here.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:49:04 AM

http://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=bitcoin#q=bitcoin&cmpt=q

So it was mentioned
Think this == Stability downwards nearer that bottom
Next time you start seeing a spike

Probably will see a rally!

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
BitPirate

Activity: 238

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:57:30 AM

This again ... :-)

Was the price pushed up to 200+ because people were searching in Google? Or did people search in Google because of the 100% week-on-week appreciation?

Yeah, there's correlation. But it's not a predictive correlation.

Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:57:54 AM

People still want to buy. I don't think it looks bad at all. Link

Saint!

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:30:53 AM

Personally I think its due to the now almost media black out on Bitcoins.

There's no necessarily bad news but there aint no good news either. Kinda get the feeling one big story could throw it either way.

What your seeing is people with shaky hands selling off the moment they see any slightly downward trend.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:32:42 AM

Personally I think its due to the now almost media black out on Bitcoins.

There's no necessarily bad news but there aint no good news either. Kinda get the feeling one big story could throw it either way.

What your seeing is people with shaky hands selling off the moment they see any slightly downward trend.

I agree although I'm waiting for that attention line to bottom out before saying that it hits the price bottom as well
Ah google chart's a way to measure attention spans Smiley
That said
Disclosure
Steadily buying here

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:40:33 AM

Google chart showed it's still very new and mostly price is affected by new adopters. If you search the trend for gold/silver, the price and trend has no direct relationship

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 10:45:08 AM

Google chart showed it's still very new and mostly price is affected by new adopters. If you search the trend for gold/silver, the price and trend has no direct relationship

True but it does seem to correlate with bitcoin to an extent at the moment likely because it is new information while gold and silver are well known

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 10:47:06 AM

True but it does seem to correlate with bitcoin to an extent at the moment likely because it is new information while gold and silver are well known

That's because Gold/Silver aren't about investing per se, but pretty common terms.
If you look for "Bullion" that paints a whole different picture.
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:54:00 PM

No. It has been predicted end of March/beginning of April already, i.e. before the bubble burst. The approximate prediction was that, after the bursting of the bubble, we would see a sequence of bull traps in a gradual decline that will last between half a year and two years.

The price actually behaves similarly to the 2011 bubble.

There is not much supporting bitcoin, only speculators. When they see the price fall, they will begin to sell to save whatever value they have.

The really interesting question is, how low will it go? My old prediction was $20, but I won't be surprised if I see single digits. I'm still sticking to that prediction. The bitcoin value used to pay for goods and services determines the base price below which bitcoin cannot fall. Unless, of course, the real traders also lose trust in bitcoin.

Anyway, that base price is very much lower than today's price. You cannot support a high price solely on the speculation that the price will be high, because sooner or later somebody will shout that the emperor wears no clothes. You have to have something more real underneath, and that can only be the use of bitcoin to pay for goods and services.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:41:31 PM

No. It has been predicted end of March/beginning of April already, i.e. before the bubble burst. The approximate prediction was that, after the bursting of the bubble, we would see a sequence of bull traps in a gradual decline that will last between half a year and two years.

The price actually behaves similarly to the 2011 bubble.

There is not much supporting bitcoin, only speculators. When they see the price fall, they will begin to sell to save whatever value they have.

The really interesting question is, how low will it go? My old prediction was $20, but I won't be surprised if I see single digits. I'm still sticking to that prediction. The bitcoin value used to pay for goods and services determines the base price below which bitcoin cannot fall. Unless, of course, the real traders also lose trust in bitcoin.

Anyway, that base price is very much lower than today's price. You cannot support a high price solely on the speculation that the price will be high, because sooner or later somebody will shout that the emperor wears no clothes. You have to have something more real underneath, and that can only be the use of bitcoin to pay for goods and services.

I find it hard to believe you missed the part where craploads of companies are accepting Bitcoins and that it is growing every day. 

Its price is not a very relevant factor in its adoption....
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:13:25 PM

I find it hard to believe you missed the part where craploads of companies are accepting Bitcoins and that it is growing every day. 

I find it hard to believe you missed the part where you are supposed to explain how this would prevent the price from falling.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: