Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:16:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 📱 AppCoins - The New Blockchain-Based Protocol For The App Stores 🔋  (Read 47668 times)
MkrKing

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:56:10 PM

it's just bad that you still didn't fix the problem with fake users. I'm pretty sure Best people are going to earn a lot of tokens and the advertisers will lose their money.
hello. Of course it's hard to deal with the fraud but we are trying to do that! In AppCoins Store app we are planning to limit the number of installations for new users. You can download only one app a day but not more than three a week. After sometime we will increase number of installations but the maximum is going to be two a day per user.

that sounds interesting. How can I withdraw tokens to my Account?
You can't withdraw money. You can also make purchases in different apps.

But fraudster can register as a developer and add his own app to the system so he can make purchases.

Oh yeah, that might happen. But this person will lose 15% on commissions as well as AppCoins will have certain algorithms that after sometime will be able to spot a fraudster.
angercoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:57:54 PM

it's just bad that you still didn't fix the problem with fake users. I'm pretty sure Best people are going to earn a lot of tokens and the advertisers will lose their money.
hello. Of course it's hard to deal with the fraud but we are trying to do that! In AppCoins Store app we are planning to limit the number of installations for new users. You can download only one app a day but not more than three a week. After sometime we will increase number of installations but the maximum is going to be two a day per user.

But fraudster can register as a developer and add his own app to the system so he can make purchases.

Oh yeah, that might happen. But this person will lose 15% on commissions as well as AppCoins will have certain algorithms that after sometime will be able to spot a fraudster.
Hello. I'd rent that users can spend their tokens for purchases within the apps. What about the owners? Can they exchange tokens to fiat money?
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:02:33 PM

Should you get you some APPC?
The ICO just got reviewed on cryptocoinsmarket Shocked. Here is the review guys. Kindly let me what you think. Thanks Wink

AppCoins ICO is a project that seeks to build an open and distributed protocol for App Stores. The protocol will drastically improve and speed up advertising, in-app billing and app approvals, using blockchain and smart contracts technology.

In advertising, the protocol guarantees not only that the users install apps but that they pay attention to it during at least 2 minutes (Cost Per Attention – CPAt). The value invested by the developer in CPAt is then used to award the user with AppCoin tokens for their attention. These AppCoin tokens are stored in user’s wallets.
In App Purchase transactions will grow because users can make purchases directly, using their earned AppCoins or by purchasing them through various payment methods. Financial transactions are registered in the blockchain and later used to detect double spending and to guarantee user authenticity.
App approvals are made universal and more transparent through a developer reputation system. The reputation is tied to the financial transactions on the public ledger and is auditable. A dispute system will be created so that AppCoin owners can open a ranking for developers.
kobzar

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:03:33 PM

Hey everyone! Can anyone tell me how long sale is going to be on?
termonator61

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:09:17 PM

Hey everyone! Can anyone tell me how long sale is going to be on?
Hello. The sale is going to be on a little bit more than a month, it starts on December 13 and will be over on January 15!
angercoin

Activity: 209

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:14:36 PM

I wonder if there is hard cup during ICO?

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:23:57 PM

I wonder if there is hard cup during ICO?

Good day! Yes, there is. Hard cup is 60-120 ETH.
gazman

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:18:24 PM

Hey everyone. I've read that the app is going to use Binder infrastructure. But I can't really get what exactly. Can anyone explain this to me please?
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:59:34 PM

Problems being solved:

The central authorities behind the app stores reap a disproportional high share of the created revenue in the smartphone value chain.
Centralization also stifles competition and innovation. Apps are commonly censored if they compete with the app store owner’s economic interests.[1]
Risk of fake person which consists of the impression of the ad and later installation being presented to a non-real person (bot…) with the purpose of deluding the advertiser.
Risk of double attribution whereby there is a possibility of the same user to count twice as a conversion, leading the developer to pay two times what was due.
Risk of no attention which consists in the user installing the app that is being advertised but paying no attention to it.
Risk of data leak which consists in the information regarding the user being leaked to third-parties for advertising purposes.
Risk of default which consists in the developer creating a campaign but not having enough funds to pay the conversions that are generated in that campaign, leading to him not paying the due amount.
Risk of repudiation which happens when the developer does not recognize the installation, failing to attribute the conversion to the publisher. The attribution is generally monitored by tracking platforms like AppsFlyer, Adjust or Rodin that have multiple variables that can be changed by the developer to define what it considers a real attribution.
The number of users with a credit card loaded in the store is still a minority.
Risk of digital goods lost may happen when a user buys a digital good inside the game or app but it is not delivered. Often, the user does not have a way to recover the payment or claim the digital good.
Risk of double payment occurs when the user pays twice for the same in-app item purchase. Also in this case, the user may not have a proof that they paid twice.
Risk of digital items cloning when the user is able to duplicate and transfer the digital good to another user, leading to losses for the developer that charge once for a digital good that is used twice.
Risk of malware is the possibility of an app or game submitted to the app store being infected with a virus or malware that steals data or damages the user’s device. [2]
Risk of censorship when an app store blocks the publishing of an app or game based on political, religious or social factors that are subjective and totally unrelated with technical aspects.
AppCoins

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:23:41 PM

Hello. I'd rent that users can spend their tokens for purchases within the apps. What about the owners? Can they exchange tokens to fiat money?

That's a very valid concern. Our whitepaper (https://appcoins.io/pdf/appcoins_whitepaper.pdf) on page 13 suggests a number of possible solutions:

• Thresholds: The app store sets a lower limit, e.g. one install a day and three per week
for unknown users. As the user has more transactions in the blockchain, the level of trust
increases and the threshold is slightly raised. The user would never be able to do more
than two installations per day in any case.
• Cash out: As mentioned before, the user is not able to cash out tokens. He has to use
the AppCoin tokens for in-app purchases. A fraudulent user could try to register as a
developer and buy items inside his own app, but 15% of the transaction volume would be
lost (app store and OEM margin) and it would be easier to detect a fraudulent pattern
for that user.
• User Fingerprint: The fingerprint of the user (a unique identification to detect double
attribution) is not done only at the smartphone level but, more importantly, at networking
level. The IP of the user smartphone, as well as routing information, is used in the
fingerprint.
• Shared information: The existent transactions with the fingerprint information will
persist in the blockchain, allowing the different app stores to access and avoid cross-store
fraud. The partial anonymity of the user is accomplished by using hash functions (like
SHA256) in the fingerprint.
• Targeting: It is the store that sends the Ads for the user, trying to do an intelligent
matching between the user and the running campaigns. The client cannot try to install
an advertised app that was not targeted to him.
As mentioned before, it is impossible to totally eradicate fraud since the smartphone is an
untrusted environment. The goal is to create enough difficulties for the attacker beyond the
point that the effort and resources needed to explore the attack vector do not compensate the
benefits extracted from that attack.
robinzzon

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:42:18 PM

Good day. I've found out that audience targeting will offer certain apps to users depending on Smart comparison. Does anyone know how that works?
Veecker

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 07:40:23 PM

That is a very interesting scheme. Especially because it is based on advertisement, developers reputation and IAB. But can anyone explain to me what IBA means? I would really appreciate it.
g8stTDas

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:39:39 PM

If I got it right thanks to Blockchain technology there is no middleman in AppCoins. What advantages does it give to advertisers and users?
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:01:38 AM

Solutions.

To prevent fraud by (fake) users several mechanisms will be used such as setting a lower limit, e.g. one install a day and three per week for unknown users, preventing cashing out of tokens. I.e. the user has to use the AppCoin tokens for in-app purchases.
To deal with the risk of attention, a client-side method, running in the smartphone’s untrusted environment, will be used to register that a user is paying attention to an app (installed from an app store) for a certain amount of time. Once the necessary requirements (such as the app being in foreground, or the device screen being on) are met, a proof-of-attention (PoA) is issued using through a server-side platform and stored in the blockchain.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:45:00 AM

This also tackles the risk of repudiation since developers can claim that a certain user did not actually do the required action to be given the attribution, i.e. that either the app store, the user or both are being dishonest.

There is a wallet that contains the budget of the created campaign, which is meant to lock the budget, addressing the risk of default by the developer. To address the same risk, there is also a wallet that will temporarily store the value of the impression, to make sure that if the attribution occurs within a certain time, i.e. the user installs and opens the app within a certain time interval, there are funds available to pay for the conversion.
To prevent leakage of user data, the protocol does not expose any sensitive user information at any time and interaction with app stores. The only information that can be seen by others are the wallet addresses when a transaction occurs.
To avoid the risk of malware, the protocol attributes a reputation level to the developers as “Trusted”, “Unknown” or “Critical” according to their track record of transactions in the blockchain. This is then extended to all their apps and across different app stores.
Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:38:06 AM

That is a very interesting scheme. Especially because it is based on advertisement, developers reputation and IAB. But can anyone explain to me what IBA means? I would really appreciate it.

Yes. It's confusing. I think you are mentioning "IAB" (In-App Billing) ou "IAP" (In-App Purchase).
Both means the same: the ability of a game user to buy something inside a game through the app store.
So, when you buy gems inside of Clash of Clans, you are doing an "IAP" (or "IAB).
Ackedy

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:53:19 AM

Hello. As far I understand, the attribution will occur in the system only after the installed app has been opened in 2 minutes. But how can this be proved if smartphones are an untrusted environment? It seems to me that in this case the there will be a high level of fraud.
hollybit

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:56:47 AM

Hello. As far I understand, the attribution will occur in the system only after the installed app has been opened in 2 minutes. But how can this be proved if smartphones are an untrusted environment? It seems to me that in this case the there will be a high level of fraud.
Greetings. You’re right, such an approach could lead to a high level of fraud, but in AppCoins has thought this point out perfectly! There will be PoA recommend in AppCoins protocol, which will allow the developer to make sure that the user really used the app for 2 minutes.
Ackedy

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:02:09 AM

Greetings. You’re right, such an approach could lead to a high level of fraud, but in AppCoins has thought this point out perfectly! There will be PoA recommend in AppCoins protocol, which will allow the developer to make sure that the user really used the app for 2 minutes.
But there is no guarantee that the user is right or that the application store’s stub installed in the phone hasn’t been tampered.
hollybit

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:05:04 AM

But there is no guarantee that the user is right or that the application store’s stub installed in the phone hasn’t been tampered.
You’re right, that's why the server-side identifier will be checked by the application store with the help of a network ngerprint (this solution provides information about IP, routing information, etc.).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: