Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:26:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in alts in 2018.  (Read 1974 times)
Tyrantt (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:41:37 PM

I have 1500 soferox coins and they'd be selling for 0.18$ per coin after the ICO ends (according to them) so that's about 270$ and I'm planing on investing that smaller sum into some alt-coin. Any recommendations? I'm not that much in the alt-coin story so not quite well known with the market. I was thinking of ETH or some bigger coin, but what about the smaller ones?

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PowerfulGuerilla

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:03:53 PM

To invest in much bigger coins would be a smart idea as nowadays it's hard to predict whether the small altcoins would be profitable or not, and besides there are a lot of scams right here.
BurntSnow

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:22:00 PM

I think it is dangerous, since if the price of Bitcoin will be increasing like this way, investors may fear to invest their money.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Tyrantt (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:07:48 AM

So to buy ETH for that money? That was my first and only plan but then I thought that maybe there are some coins coming in the future that have some promise.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:18:50 AM

ETH and BTC are good for future investment. But some new coin are also promising. So it will batter to invest 50% in established coins and 50% in new promising coin.
8rch7

Activity: 1344
Merit: 463

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:20:40 AM

if its purpose for long-term investment, I think it would be better if choosing bitcoin. it would be safe to invest in bitcoin, as it is well known that bitcoin values continue to increase from year to year

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Lukus

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:11:52 AM

@8rch7 you cant say that so sure, if for example us gov say that btc is only used for financing terrorism or drugs, and who uses is is a criminal then the game is over (its unlikely but there is possibility)...all goes to other crypto as well. we need to ask ourselves who will lose most if (when) crypto gets widely used and what will those "losers" do to remain in their position. there can be few ways for them to fight it...
imutlinda

Activity: 926
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:22:02 AM

I recommend ethereum because the coin is very useful (smart contract ethereum) is one of the facilities he has. Very useful for the future and I believe the value of ethereum will be worth several years ahead. So set aside some ethereum now
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:32:27 AM

I recommend Ethereum because the coin is very useful (smart contract Ethereum) is one of the facilities he has. Very useful for the future and I believe the value of Ethereum will be worth several years ahead. So set aside some Ethereum now

Yes, everyone recommended Ethereum. But I have a question, I am confused why the coin that existed before ETH could lose the price. Like one example Litecoin, why Litecoin can lose the price with other new coins .. I think that coin is pretty good and it's one of the best coin. I also make it as one of my favorite coins back then. I think Litecoin will jumped, but it turned out to be defeated by Ethereum. There is also a saying about the development of technology and protocol on Ethereum by some developers that they said could surpass the price of Bitcoin someday. It's hard to imagine, but we'll see.

I think every altcoin price will increase with time. But I suggest to invest in Bitcoin for now. However, if you want to invest in altcoin, you can try Ethereum because that is the only one I think it's best.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:38:57 AM

If you will get $270 from the coin which you have right now than you should invest them in two promising ICO and wait for next few months to get anything back from your investment. If you think soferoex coin  Huh (I don't have any idea about this) can be great success in future than its better not to sell those coin at ICO price wait for some big news for the coin/token you are holding to make perfect exist with nice profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:44:08 AM

i would prefer more of the smaller coins and stay away from the big ones like ETH unless they have an obvious pump going on. we all saw the awesome pump that ETH had this year but ever since that, there has been 0 action going on and investing in it meant losing money and best case was to have no profit while others keep rising a lot.

in smaller altcoins it is easier to make profit too. they can get pumped even bigger. it is a well known fact that you can pump something from 100 satoshi to 100,000 satoshi (1000x) very easily but you can not pump something from 0.05BTC to 50BTC (1000x).

Buying the dip...
BlackTurtle

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 09:47:54 AM

I recommend ethereum because the coin is very useful (smart contract ethereum) is one of the facilities he has. Very useful for the future and I believe the value of ethereum will be worth several years ahead. So set aside some ethereum now

I invested in waves for this reason.
Waves is going to implement smart contracts in the future and does basically the same.
They also do have a dex in there application with many crypto gateways.
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:51:20 AM

I suggest you to not to sell total soferox balance as they'll too be going good. For current time, BTC itself is the best option to hold for profit.
Cherrysan

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:53:31 AM

Investing in small alts can be very profitable if the project itself is. This, of course, is difficult to tell without privileged information, and even an insider is never sure of a project will be mainly accepted and used, thus profitable. Yet, best profit will always come when investing in something that still has big space to grow. If you find a new project which you fins interesting, learn as much as you can, ask questions to the team, and if you feel they are working well on a great idea, that may be a great investement.

Investing in big ones could be a good option if they are holding solid reasons for growing but you will need to have big funds already in order to make it really profitable.
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:01:52 AM

I have 1500 soferox coins and they'd be selling for 0.18$ per coin after the ICO ends (according to them) so that's about 270$ and I'm planing on investing that smaller sum into some alt-coin. Any recommendations? I'm not that much in the alt-coin story so not quite well known with the market. I was thinking of ETH or some bigger coin, but what about the smaller ones?
You ask for altcoin investment ? My advice : ZCoin (XZC).
If your asking was for all cryptocurrencies, my advice should be Bitcoin, of course, but id you specicakky want altcoin, there is only one : ZCoin.
It is the more performing anonymous project in crypto.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:09:41 AM

Big coins always look more appealing, but what you are willing to spend is not much, and although it might give you profit it wont be a jackpot of course.
If you want a "safe bet" then go to bitcoin of course, but since you talked about alts, then ether might be the way to go. Of course that I don't see any big pump for ether coming up, since they are quite stable at the moment.

If you really want to risk it, I would go for NEO, Waves or MonaCoin. NEO and Waves are competing with ethereum but if regulation goes well in China, NEO could rise and it should give you some profit. MonaCoin is a risky bet as well. They are well implemented in Japan, but right now they are not really crossing the border, and unless that happens it's price shouldn't rice much.

You then have a lot of ICOs, but those are even riskier and harder to bet on. I would say see who has the most aggressive marketing approach, and from those that are coming to you from adds, check which one offers the best project and has a good team and then go for it. I'm keeping my eye on enjin when it comes to ICO. They are betting on the project and not on exchange listing and fast profit, and this inspires me some trust. If they get supported by big games, and since games items are quite important for gamers, then their price could go big, because they will be used to trade valuable items for people.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

rajakoin1994

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:12:45 AM

I think the most profitable and safest investment is the ethereum.
If you don't want to take big risks, I think ethereum is the most suitable option.
But if you want to try to invest in a new altcoins, I think neblio is very good.
But for the current price is very high arround 4 $, I think it can break 5 $ at the end of the year.
Don't forget about etherparty (ico is still running) , try to read whitepaper. I am sure you will be interested.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 11:17:59 AM

you are asking a question that can not be answered correctly. the altcoins in long term are impossible to predict. any of them may die in a month let alone until 2018 when there is still 2-3 months left.

instead of focusing on that long, it is best to focus in short term trading the altcoins in my opinion. there are good projects, there are pumping projects also. choose one path and stick to it. for example i see some coins are being hyped these days (see this board for the most topics subjects Wink) you can choose them and invest and enjoy the pump!

--looking for signature--
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 11:47:23 AM

I think you can go for ETHER,NEO,RIPPLE.Lets go for first Ether because Ethereum is an open software platform based on blockchain technology that enables developers to build and deploy decentralized applications.Second is NEO because  NEO uses a unique blockchain algorithm that improves upon Ethereum’s model.NEO has made some outstanding progress in both value and market capitalization.And the third one is RIPPLE because Ripple is a very popular network, many banks across the world use it as the basis for their own settlement infrastructure and also their developer team is good.And you can also go for IOTA, Bitshares , PeerCoin, Zcash(ZEC),Tezos, Dogecoin, Ethereum Classic, DigitalCash(DASH),SysCoin(SYS),Verge(XVG), but before invest in any coin , first research well about that coin or take advice from well experienced traders or investers if needed to avoid loss.

deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:00:42 PM

Just go and look at coinmarketcap.com
All kinds of Cryptocurrencies are here. It provides details incuding it's price, and market capital.
I suggest look at top 20 altcoins there. So far, IOTA is a good investment. Very altcoin and the transaction fee is free. Still undervalue and potential to go boom next year. Im holding some, hoping i could generate good profits from it. Look also for omiseGO (OMG), WAVES and Monero (XMR). I think they are good for long term.

There are some good ICO out there. You should check them out. Soferox is a ICO though. I've been a participant from their signature campaign. I don't know what happen to their ICO. But the project is good. Why not holding them? Once it landed to an exchange. The price will pump and you could get 2x profit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: