Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:40:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is democracy always necessary ?  (Read 1319 times)
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:22:15 PM

Democracy isn't always a good thing at all, Sometimes with little or no democracy a country is able to thrive and though people claim that it gives the people a voice but it sometimes stall the progress of a country especially when there is no outright majority in the country. It makes the country ungovernable when the opposition is trying to belittle you at every turn.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamike

Activity: 314
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:03:52 PM

Democracy isn't good always. In democracy, the views of the people are taken into consideration and the people's right are also respected. In democracy people involve themselves in building the nation or the organization since they are involve in decision making and what they say count. So is very necessary to employ democracy in governance. But it is vice versa. Other group of people need to be governed autocratically. Because decision making is quick especially in emergency situations and action need to be taken as soon as possible.
sharkDubois

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:40:47 PM

In implementing policies that would affect a whole country with its people, then I say yes everyone's opinion matters, even those who are less educated than others because everyone is at risk.
In matters, where decisions should be made promptly and where time is a constraint, then democracy falls a bit short. We can't have a team of engineers for example deliberating and voting on how they should implement a certain feature for example, that costs time and money. Instead, someone should be in charge, listening to everyone's opinion in order to form an informed opinion of his own and then go with it. That's more efficient.
Canis Majoris

Activity: 126
Merit: 59

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:51:14 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 08:54:21 PM by Canis Majoris

We all know that democracy means rule of the people. However, If a decision is adopted by the majority, It doesn't mean that It's totally true. Especially If the majority haven't good education level. In this case, should we consider that democracy Is dangerous for the global interest of the people ? What should we do in such cases
I hope you get my point

Indeed, democracy can be dangerous. And that's why there is no such thing in real life. The powers that be are just feeding us what they and us think to be democracy but in fact it is no more than a fraud. But this is the case when two evils make a good and two wrongs make a right. If someone superior has forced true democracy upon us, as in experiment, it would be a complete disaster.
smith136

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:45:01 PM

absolutely needed by everyone, we can't do things on our own if government will meddle on us and having no democracy in a country results in civil war because supporters of the government tend to have some arguments with people embracing the concept of democracy. But in my opinion if a country is having out of control and many groups getting armed I think that is the time where government should step in and a martial law should be declared to restore the order of the country.

KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:13:53 AM

Surely do buddy, education is key and integral to understanding how the current institutions work. If we don't have a proper understanding about them then we can't seek to better them in the future and thus education is crucial to advancing our societies to heights unknown.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
bonney2555

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:40:09 AM

Democracy is necessary, although it is imperfect. We must understand, to date, we have not created anything better that could replace it.
zaisha

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:41:41 AM

We all know that democracy means rule of the people. However, If a decision is adopted by the majority, It doesn't mean that It's totally true. Especially If the majority haven't good education level. In this case, should we consider that democracy Is dangerous for the global interest of the people ? What should we do in such cases
I hope you get my point
I think democracy is very important. It is an important symbol of the development of a country. The people have their own ideas and this will enable the country to develop better. If most people do not have a good education level, but democracy can give enjoy fair treatment, they are also very grateful to the government. Grin
kirana08

Activity: 122

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:01:02 AM

many countries have failed to implement a democratic system.
democracy does not mean to follow the most opinions. instead democracy is freedom of expression.

Canis Majoris

Activity: 126
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:57:39 AM

Well, every system has its pros and cons. If democracy has the con of majority of stupid people taking wrong decision, then in autocracy only one person can achieve that with 100% certainty. No system is perfect. Its we the people who need to behave and improve as a civilized society to take onus upon us to perform our duties. If every person does his job well, the world will automatically become a better place to live.But the dream of utopia will always be a dream as human beings are tuned to be attracted towards greed, power and lust Wink

I think meritocracy comes quite close to being perfect and efficient. The problem with it is that most people are ignorant and they follow those who can play on their feelings rather than take their thoughts. People choose those whom they like personally, not those who are actually better at something. And until common people become wiser and smarter, this will remain so.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:18:50 AM

Not really democracy also got its flaw, it is good to used democracy as the base to build a country, but democracy also need to be accompany by educated and able to understand other people point of view, if nit then the country will be thrown into chaos
HollywoodCoins

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

HollyWoodCoin

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 11:39:19 AM

Democracy does not mean complete and unlimited power of the people. The democratic structure in the country means that the government listens to the opinion of the people. The "people" in themselves are a huge substance, which can not have a single opinion at all. Therefore, we are given educated politicians who understand the economy and conduct statistics of the people's opinion.
And if you consider that in many countries under the guise of democracy thriving frank monarchy, we can say that anarchy is not to be feared Grin Grin Grin

https://btc-alpha.com/exchange/HWC_USD/
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:40:00 AM

I hope you get my point
Democracy is always essential and important regardless of wherever and in what work. Where there is democracy there is justice. Nowadays, most of the places are democratic state companies that are less respected. And compared with other countries in the world, Vietnam's democratic spirit is not high.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
El Il-mythos

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:43:19 AM

Yes, without democracy there is always a hard way to share the thoughts and feelings of people.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
Messier81

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:46:16 PM

Democracy has it's own flaws (look at brexit, plenty of other examples too) but there isn't a better system. Governments need to change, hence elections etc; You can't keep the same people on the top as you will end up being a totalitarian state. More power to ordinary people the better over all. Crypto currencies are one of the things that are changing world's paradigm, just think about it - we don't need a bank any more to transfer value....
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:00:31 AM

Democracy is needed unconditionally, to solve this or that question. We must understand that its absence can harm our society. But I think, that true democracy, unfortunately not.
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:26:14 AM

I hope you get my point

Well, that is true. It's not necessarily that the majority agrees with something doesn't mean that it is helpful, take "mob mentality" for example. They just follow a certain trend not knowing if it would benefit them or not. They just follow the majority and act on their basest instincts. I believe the remedy here is the promotion of individual thinking and freedom of speech. Mostly we should encourage people to their own opinion about a subject without being affected by other's. We should be taught to see a topic for what it is and in different sides.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:44:18 AM

I hope you get my point

For me it is. I mean the fact that we are given the freedom of expression because of democracy is always a great thing for me. Having the power to say what you want and to be heard is already a great opportunity. The only problem that I see is people who abuse this power.
BloodLine

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:02:05 AM

I hope you get my point
Democracy is always necessary its just that people should know how to abide rules to have peaceful life. Sometimes, democracy have been used under the groups against the government and by this government have to do action, here now enters abuse issues where victims were abused due to their acts supporting againts government groups.
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:08:09 AM

I hope you get my point
I think Democracy is always necessary because it's framework of rule . But '' if the majority haven't good education level '' , i think we need to reconsider
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: