Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why most alt coins price is dropping down?  (Read 2301 times)
coinmediaco (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:00:58 AM

Anyone knows why most alt coins price is dropping down?

i invest in many coins (+10) and all of them are dropping.
is this happens with all alt coins or only with ones i invested in ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:04:42 AM

This all is because of upcoming hardforks of BTC 25 October and November. Take a look at Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x. Everybody will get the same amount of new coins as they had during hardfork. There are many same threads here at this section.

coinmediaco (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:10:47 AM

This all is because of upcoming hardforks of BTC 25 October and November. Take a look at Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x. Everybody will get the same amount of new coins as they had during hardfork. There are many same threads here at this section.

i know there is fork for bitcoins.
but altcoin prices was always getting down, even before they say about fork.

i want to stop investing with altcoins, and i don't feel price will get higher when fork complete.

i don't know why some people support altcoin, bitcoin is the only one which has increasing price over the years.
we should stop supporting altcoins, people will lose their money if they invest with altcoins.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:15:04 AM

Take a look at these threads about hardforks: thread 1, thread 2, thread 3. There is uncertainty because of forks so investors are just fear to invest.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 10:57:59 AM

The idea is that currently due to the bitcoin hard fork people are selling altcoins and buying bitcoin. Just to stockpile their bitcoin to get a load of bitcoin gold after the fork. I personally dont believe in this because though this is true but still people know that dumping bitcoin gold will have very low profits. Just that being a new coin getting airdropped to everyone's wallet, it gives some free money. However there has been a small crash in bitcoin price yesterday as well. So I cannot vouch for this idea that the fork is the reason for dumping of every altcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Abarov

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:03:33 AM

Good time to buy alts. If you have money and waiting time. After the forks, the price of the alt will increase.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:06:06 AM

Nothing usual when the price of alt coins are dropping, it's either there is a btc event like hard fork and we are near to the 2nd hard fork for this year that will happen on October 25.

And next month before the real test which is another hard fork we will see the price of alt coins are going down again, everyone will be buying bitcoin on that moment just like what's happening today.

It's not a coincidence that the coins that you are holding mostly are dropping because it's a normal wave of market, just hold them.

Aceria

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:17:44 AM

As others have said, BTC is forking which is likely pushing alts down (and BTC up). I'd like to spend some more USD to go into altcoins, but the only way I've bought coins so far was buying BTC via coinbase and then using that to buy altcoins. But since BTC is spiking right now, should I just buy ETH and convert that to altcoins?
cyrixcer

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:19:06 AM

Nothing usual when the price of alt coins are dropping, it's either there is a btc event like hard fork and we are near to the 2nd hard fork for this year that will happen on October 25.

And next month before the real test which is another hard fork we will see the price of alt coins are going down again, everyone will be buying bitcoin on that moment just like what's happening today.

It's not a coincidence that the coins that you are holding mostly are dropping because it's a normal wave of market, just hold them.

I reckon your points, hard fork makes most altcoins price down, which is very normal, people want to get free coins-bitcoin gold or other forks, so they sell alts. But they will buy in after hard fork.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:28:50 AM

As others have said, BTC is forking which is likely pushing alts down (and BTC up). I'd like to spend some more USD to go into altcoins, but the only way I've bought coins so far was buying BTC via coinbase and then using that to buy altcoins. But since BTC is spiking right now, should I just buy ETH and convert that to altcoins?
If you see BTC going up, and alts going down, and than you got those fees for exchanging money into BTC, and BTC into ETH (fees again) and than looking for those rare Altcoin vs. ETH markets...
Honestly, you allready know the answer. Make a stop-loss order against self stubborness, leave your funds sitting in BTC and sit out those dammned forks. Bitcoin cannot fork forever*) The better times will come.
Cut losses early, move funds into things that are obviously gaining on value.

*) actually I am not sure about that. Maybe Bitcoin's masterplan involves forking forever now?
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:30:56 AM

Good time to buy alts. If you have money and waiting time. After the forks, the price of the alt will increase.

Really good time to buy alts. I remembered the last fork and I made so much from alt trading when they all dipped than even what I got after dumping the BCC I got after a while. Any smart trader now, will hold some pretty good coins now at their dip and the huge percentage that will top up on them after the fork is going to be pretty awesome.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:37:14 AM

Bitcoin is always used as the indicator for the cryptocurrency market. When there is a growth of bitcoin people sell altcoins to earn bitcoin pump. You will then see the reverse situation. People will sell bitcoin and call it a correction. In fact, people will buy depreciating altcoins to make money. In any case, you need to always keep calm. Especially during the drop.
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:38:51 AM

BTC hardforks are causing people to sell alts for btc in preparation for the fork, after which, the alts will in all likelihood go back up, and perhaps reach all time highs if they are good projects with solid foundations.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:39:34 AM

Probably because of the upcoming forks this October and November or the coins you have invested in are shitcoins. If you invested in a good altcoin that has a good team and potential, the price of those will pump after the fork so just hold it as much as possible and see if you will make some profits. This is actually the perfect time to buy more known alt coins because in the upcoming weeks or month the price would go green again, but those are base on my research so it's really up to you.  Smiley
Blue Think

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:43:35 AM

That fork is going to change the mapping for sure. Any hint on safe boxes to put my altcoins before it happens?

eodchop

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

Use Linux!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:46:28 AM

it may be caused by upcoming of BTC fork
many crypto fans are trying to sell their alto and buy BTC gold
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:50:41 AM

People are dumping for the free money. As we know so far there will be 2 hardforks of Bitcoin Blockchain coming within the next 2-4 weeks!
The more BTC you own, the more coins of those forks you will have. Therefore people dump in anticipation of those forks.
RieL

Activity: 290

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:53:59 AM

According to my research they use bitcoin as a indicator for the cryptocurrency in the market. if the growth of the bitcoin will grow if the y sell altcoins to earn bitcoin pump and vice versa.they also buy depreciating altcoins to make profits from it but i a drop happen did your best to be calm all of the time there is a lot of ways to make profit
aanbudi

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:59:06 AM

Why most Altcoins price is dropping?
As the price of Bitcoin rises, so much of that goes down drastically. But now, it's a good time to buy Altcoins at a cheap price.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 154

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:16:13 PM

Altcoin investors are pulling out their coins and reinvesting it on bitcoin for the purpose of obtaining bitcoin gold. That diminishes most of altcoin's market cap making their price low. Don't worry though, after the fork prices would pump again like crazy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: