Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:47:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Energy Based Projects  (Read 2309 times)
PROSUME - Giacomo Beretta

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:02:08 PM

I think now in the near future will be the implementation of IT projects for mass decentralization, then the market will develop into other industries
I hate to sound negative, but I will believe it when I see it.

You can’t have a decentralized power plant unless the whole thing was run by robots controlled by some sort of AI, and in that case I feel there would be plenty of room for bad things to happen.

I believe the energy market will be massively changed through the implications of so many customers becoming prosumers instead of remaining consumers - this is part of the large scale revolution taking place in energy - furthermore, the massive utilities are aware of this change and embracing instead of fighting it, with pilot projects with the real entities such as Prosume Energy.

That means that there is an immediate head start and inclusion, and then it will boom as more and more people join - then people are not only making their own energy, also selling, making money, decreasing energy cost and waste.

All of this based on blockchain and decentralisation.

It is the chance of a lifetime - forget all the wannabe energy "projects" that have only slapped blockchain on existing risk models, and go for the real revolutionary future that has already started. There is real upside.

Prosume is the first and clearly the one with the most upside.

https://prosume.io
And I very well could be wrong, but I guess as far as I see it would be very hard to make any mass scale decentralized power grid. Even if people were generating their own power (which I admit is becoming more popular, albeit a bit inefficient), I doubt the electric companies would allow those users to use the company’s power grid independently; and it would have to be nearly impossible to set up your own physical power grid (both financially and getting the rights to build on the roadside).

But, then again I cannot predict the future and it could very well happen; I just feel like it’s to big of a feat at the moment.

Hello,
Your point is a very respectable one.
Quite frankly, even for me, notwithstanding my active daily profession concentrating on digital and energy markets, it isn't easy to remain adjourned, given the incremental speed of change.
In the present day however, the energy market is undergoing a major shift from an established dogma. We need to observe, and accept the major disruption happening... Disruption is a fashionable and often abused term, which is particularly apt to describing whats happening in energy though.
Numbers are what really counts. They are facts.
Lets use a concrete example. Italy.
The Italian energy market only ten years ago had only thermal power and imported nuclear power from France and Switzerland.
Today out of 137 Terawatt/hour of yearly consumption in Italy, 38 % comes from solar and wind!!!!
That's a MASSIVE disruption!!
It was incentive scheme based, so privileged, but today we've achieved grid parity with renewables. They are cheaper than any fossil fuel, even coal.
Decentralization is a reality! Its not tomorrow.. Its NOW.
Batteries will only accelerate the process.

If you look at other European countries the business case is even stronger. France is the real bomb, sitting on nuclear reactors which all need urgent and major overhaul and that often don't make any more financial sense. Renewables will be the only answer. And they are exploding in Europe. I work on this every day. I'm not guessing.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:44:12 PM

I doubt the electric companies would allow those users to use the company’s power grid independently; and it would have to be nearly impossible to set up your own physical power grid (both financially and getting the rights to build on the roadside).

Right now In Europe , at least in northern EU, it is allowed to give your energy back to the gird and get paid for it. But there is bureaucracy and also the price what they give is smaller than price which we pay  when we buy from them ( at least that was some time back when i was researching this problem). Also our market recently underwent somewhat decentralisation in some sense. From beginning of time we had one electricity company which dictated the price. Now we have several and also possibility to buy solid payment plan or chose to risk and buy from something like stock market.

In the present day however, the energy market is undergoing a major shift from an established dogma. We need to observe, and accept the major disruption happening... Disruption is a fashionable and often abused term, which is particularly apt to describing whats happening in energy though.
The Italian energy market only ten years ago had only thermal power and imported nuclear power from France and Switzerland.
Today out of 137 Terawatt/hour of yearly consumption in Italy, 38 % comes from solar and wind!!!!
It was incentive scheme based, so privileged, but today we've achieved grid parity with renewables. They are cheaper than any fossil fuel, even coal.

If you look at other European countries the business case is even stronger. France is the real bomb, sitting on nuclear reactors which all need urgent and major overhaul and that often don't make any more financial sense. Renewables will be the only answer. And they are exploding in Europe. I work on this every day. I'm not guessing.

This very interesting information regarding shift to green energy in South Europe. But Thats south, they have crucial ingredient SUN!
I do not see how North could go green in such extent as South.
Yes, we have Hydro, we have wind. But it is not enough if the South cant supply us with clean sunny energy, It think, the way to go is Nuclear. If its used responsibly , it is 100 times better than burning coal and 10 times better than burning wood, diesel and gas!

That all being said, the biggest challenge is to implement the block-chain in heavily regulated and lobbied market. I hope that individual bold and brave governments can lead the way with successful pilot and commercial block chain products.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
Aleksdor

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:45:37 AM

The first investment blockchain-option in the world the Oil and Gas sector
http://www.cryptosmile.com/2017/09/odmcoin-first-investment-blockchain-option-in-the-oil-and-gas-sector.html
pjwaffle

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

BIB Exchange

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:41:03 AM

Because Oil and gas are exhausted. Therefore, I think green energy is the industry people will develop in the future base on blockchain platform. Here the example: https://www.hydrominer.org/token-sale/. Hydrominer project uses water energy to mine Bitcoin.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
Hughcrypto (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:04:00 AM

I doubt the electric companies would allow those users to use the company’s power grid independently; and it would have to be nearly impossible to set up your own physical power grid (both financially and getting the rights to build on the roadside).

Right now In Europe , at least in northern EU, it is allowed to give your energy back to the gird and get paid for it. But there is bureaucracy and also the price what they give is smaller than price which we pay  when we buy from them ( at least that was some time back when i was researching this problem). Also our market recently underwent somewhat decentralisation in some sense. From beginning of time we had one electricity company which dictated the price. Now we have several and also possibility to buy solid payment plan or chose to risk and buy from something like stock market.

This very interesting information regarding shift to green energy in South Europe. But Thats south, they have crucial ingredient SUN!
I do not see how North could go green in such extent as South.
Yes, we have Hydro, we have wind. But it is not enough if the South cant supply us with clean sunny energy, It think, the way to go is Nuclear. If its used responsibly , it is 100 times better than burning coal and 10 times better than burning wood, diesel and gas!

That all being said, the biggest challenge is to implement the block-chain in heavily regulated and lobbied market. I hope that individual bold and brave governments can lead the way with successful pilot and commercial block chain products.

This is where Prosume Energy shows it will be the leader. Existing pilot projects with leading utilities. It will be amazing.

prosume.io
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:16:08 AM

There were two projects which achieved big success in token sale, Power Ledger, and recently WePower, the last one managed to raise $3 M in pre sale only, but they delayed the main sale to next year. I think WePower will be great project, it is supported by a government.
nityans

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:05:35 AM

I would suggest you have a look at WePower as well. It  is a blockchain green energy trading platform but what i like most, it enables to finance green energy projects.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2213411.0
I also know this project.
Also, there is one here, but I do not remember the name, where they offer ecologically clean mining - a solar farm.
What do you think?
In general, the "green" energy is an excellent long-term investment, I believe.
MrZ28s

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:30:33 AM

Energy based projects thru crypto is nice. The difficult part here is you will have to choose a country that is friendly to crypto since many countries have no say and there are possibilities that they are going to go against it. Australia will be a good one.
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:32:14 AM

I also participated in the Australian Power Ledger crowdsale. This is where ALT coins are going. It is the new method of venture capital being raised where everyone is able to benifit. Not just the rich.
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:09:38 PM

Right now In Europe , at least in northern EU, it is allowed to give your energy back to the gird and get paid for it. But there is bureaucracy and also the price what they give is smaller than price which we pay  when we buy from them ( at least that was some time back when i was researching this problem).
It’s possible to sell power to the grid here in the US, and I can imagine it’s possible in most all countries; but that doesn’t make it a decentralized grid, it just makes you one of the power company’s freelance suppliers.

In order to implant one of these systems you’d need your own physical grid uncontrolled by any power company, which is probably the biggest roadblock of any plans to build a decentralized power grid.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:49:40 PM

I also participated in the Australian Power Ledger crowdsale. This is where ALT coins are going. It is the new method of venture capital being raised where everyone is able to benifit. Not just the rich.

The Powerledger underlying business is interesting, but the structure of their ICO with the issuance of all the tokens to themselves IRRESPECTIVE of the amount of funds raised IS A DISGRACE.

They will be they only ones profiting and every one participating who missed this hat has been tricked.

Furthermore, the upside is not in places like Australasia, but especially in Europe with a massive deregulation drive.

Only place to go is Prosume Energy.

NoiseBoy

Activity: 266

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:09:46 PM

Grid+ is going to be huge (ICO ongoing right now). They're actually getting into the hardware market, using smart meters combined with modern electric storage technology to dynamically buy/sell from the grid so as to optimize household energy costs.

Plus the GRID token can be exchanged for 500kw (roughly $35) worth of electricity. For people with their smart meters, that's huge... and they're selling GRID for roughly $0.10 in the ICO to incentivize mass adoption. Not only is this probably the first legit energy sector ICO, it's far and away the best.

Finally, they're part of ConsenSYS, which effectively guarantees they're legit.

This is the most excited I've been about an ICO for a very long time.
Hughcrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:01:53 PM

Grid+ is going to be huge (ICO ongoing right now). They're actually getting into the hardware market, using smart meters combined with modern electric storage technology to dynamically buy/sell from the grid so as to optimize household energy costs.

Plus the GRID token can be exchanged for 500kw (roughly $35) worth of electricity. For people with their smart meters, that's huge... and they're selling GRID for roughly $0.10 in the ICO to incentivize mass adoption. Not only is this probably the first legit energy sector ICO, it's far and away the best.

As I have said many times on these pages - Grid+ and Prosume Energy are the only two real projects going on. However, I think the energy expertise and Ernst and Young advisors as well as sovereign wealth funds makes Prosume even better than Grid+, as well as the European focus where the upside is bigger.

Nevertheless, they are the only two projects one should back not only in energy but across all the ICO space.
thomaspeetersalt

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:10:27 AM

Both Prosume Energy and Grid+ are the only real energy projects I have found.

Any other ?

And please not the rubbish fake renewable energy investment projects that market themselves hard, like wepower and all the solar crap, or those that use energy as apure marketing tool such as hydrominer.

Real things.
prehisto

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:05:40 PM

The first investment blockchain-option in the world the Oil and Gas sector
http://www.cryptosmile.com/2017/09/odmcoin-first-investment-blockchain-option-in-the-oil-and-gas-sector.html

Actually this is not as bad and trivial as one could expect. it is NOT about oil and gas production but rather than about reprocessing oil waste.
Al-tough I like the idea, I do not trust them at least , not now. They say that they have working technology and contract. This means that they should have had a team and company before this ICO , I do not see the proof.

It’s possible to sell power to the grid here in the US, and I can imagine it’s possible in most all countries; but that doesn’t make it a decentralized grid, it just makes you one of the power company’s freelance suppliers.

In order to implant one of these systems you’d need your own physical grid uncontrolled by any power company, which is probably the biggest roadblock of any plans to build a decentralized power grid.

What systems  you mean?  It seems that you are talking about Absolutely autonomous grid of house holds. This is not the point nor this is possible since  most of the population lives in big apartment buildings and nor it is needed since grid is usefull in scenario where you can give energy to those who needs it when you dont. And if you think of batteries,, they are vey, very expensive thing to have if you want to be autonomous.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:17:44 PM

Australian Power Ledger.His token is already traded on Binance
Thay have very active twitter,now it is traded on ico price,
Will be higher in future

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
prehisto

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:31:28 PM

At last got some time to look in to GRID+.
And it is possibly the BEST PROJECT what i have seen so far!

Do they have a bounty?
I suppose this of good project do not need them.

I am seriously thinking about investing.

aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:50:49 PM

Hi, good question. even i am interested in such projects.

i see there are a lot of answers and discussion. It would be nice of you to edit and summarize things people said on the first post so that the discussion can go further and is not redundant

Thankyou

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:01:25 PM

I think now in the near future will be the implementation of IT projects for mass decentralization, then the market will develop into other industries
I hate to sound negative, but I will believe it when I see it.

You can’t have a decentralized power plant unless the whole thing was run by robots controlled by some sort of AI, and in that case I feel there would be plenty of room for bad things to happen.

I believe the energy market will be massively changed through the implications of so many customers becoming prosumers instead of remaining consumers - this is part of the large scale revolution taking place in energy - furthermore, the massive utilities are aware of this change and embracing instead of fighting it, with pilot projects with the real entities such as Prosume Energy.

That means that there is an immediate head start and inclusion, and then it will boom as more and more people join - then people are not only making their own energy, also selling, making money, decreasing energy cost and waste.

All of this based on blockchain and decentralisation.

It is the chance of a lifetime - forget all the wannabe energy "projects" that have only slapped blockchain on existing risk models, and go for the real revolutionary future that has already started. There is real upside.

Prosume is the first and clearly the one with the most upside.

And I very well could be wrong, but I guess as far as I see it would be very hard to make any mass scale decentralized power grid. Even if people were generating their own power (which I admit is becoming more popular, albeit a bit inefficient), I doubt the electric companies would allow those users to use the company’s power grid independently; and it would have to be nearly impossible to set up your own physical power grid (both financially and getting the rights to build on the roadside).

But, then again I cannot predict the future and it could very well happen; I just feel like it’s to big of a feat at the moment.

Depends on country,Garmany is good example of support small energy producents,thay are buying energy from small producentss,there is thousends of them in Germany,in Autralia people can share sell his solar power to others,it is even good from security point view

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cryptomato

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:12:41 PM

I believe this area is where the real upside is possible going forward - massive market, natural integration of crypto and trading is obvious. Which projects do you think one should have a look at ?

There are a few energy-based projects, namely Pylon Network, Suncontract, WePower, Greeneum, though it's hard to talk about its investment potential, including risks, as they are relatively newly established.

this is my favorite category despite there are few energy blockchain projects available at the moment. I like wepower more in those projects as it is more like green energy project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: