Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:16:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you prefer to buy coins during ICO, or rather to earn coins through bounties?
ICO - 2 (6.3%)
Bounties - 19 (59.4%)
Both - 11 (34.4%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] UNA - Crypto For Emerging Markets 🚀  (Read 14172 times)
UnA Project

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:33:15 AM

I accidentally point File - CreateWallet in the wallet, and then all the data is gone, can I still get it?

Even if you didn't backup your wallet and while creating new wallet you did not overwrite default .wallet file that you can still get it. Just click open wallet and find default .wallet file in blockchain folder.

Path for UnA blockchain:
Windows: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\una
Mac OSX/Linux: ~/.una
UnA Project

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:33:40 AM

Looks like a good project since I am interested about mining lately. I'd like to mine but gpu mining is quite expensive so I am glad there's an alternative which is PoW. I'll read more of this and hope if I participate won't strain my CPU much while mining. I do hope this project makes it to the market so that it'll benefit everyone especially African people. I also like how the dev responds quickly to all of the inquiries makes me think that this project can really be trusted and would be worth the time spent.

Thank you for the amazing feedback!

We are working hard on building a strong community and the support has been great thus far.

We focused on making mining more accessible and efficient, and you can be rest assured that it won't put a lot of strain on your CPU. We will soon be launching integrated wallet mining, which should make things even easier since it won't require you to run mining operations through the daemon.

Also, keep an eye out for the release of the new wallet later today. We have added QR support and added the new branding.

Regards

THIS dude has been trolling most/any thing to do with "Africa" claiming he "knows" most Africans are scammers etc etc when clearly he is sticking his hand in the dark with the racist, immature comments... please just ignore this guy. I hope his account gets banned! he has done the same on my posts. instead of criticizing/trolling , try to achieve a goal with your life instead of being a keyboard warrior, scumbag.

CPU mining costs you more money than you will earn. The dev is a retard for not telling you this and acting like he made the coin cpu mine able friendly for his amazing users when he did not.

He just copied the source code from another coin. He did nothing special for you.

This coin will not benefit people from Africa just because the dev roleplays he is form Africa.

Why are you Africans so amazingly dumb?

I suggest you do some research before trolling this forum. You clearly lack hobbies.

We used cryptonote technology (same tech used by Monero), which is open source and the whole purpose of decentralzation. What is your point? Do you have any proof that we copied code from any other coin?

We actually don’t need to do any roleplaying.. The team is based in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa.

“Why are you Africans so amazingly dumb?” - This speaks for itself, and clearly shows your maturity level.

It’s sad that people like you are bringing down the bitcointalk community.

It's sad that every African coin so far is an internet cafe scam. This is the reality. The devs even lie about this being the first coin while it's not.

(We do had Kruger coin that was successful and good but this coin was not made in Africa)

Prove me wrong.

It's sad that you report posts for an opinion and that you clearly accept lies from devs (or if you are a dev it's sad that you spread lies) who use "the poor people from Africa" as a selling point. They give false hope to poor people who can not afford to buy a pc to mine or who can not afford to buy a laptop to store their coins on. (they can't even buy coins ffs).

It would be fair if the devs organized a real airdrop for the locals with lots of proof that they actually spread the coins fairly over the poor people so they can benefit really from this, so far the only people who benefit from this are rich people.

UnAProject developers here.
Obviously you don't understand a thing about this project and Africa.

1. "CPU mining cost you more than you will earn."
That is a ridicules statement. You do not understand cryptocurrency in total. Instead of insulting people take some time for self-education.
2. "He just copied the source code from another coin."
Tell us which coin we copied? We just used cryptonote algorithm which was created for that purpose. UnA is independent (do not depend from any platform like Ethereum) fully functional and complete cryptocurrency with unique economy system.
3."This coin will not benefit people from Africa just because the dev roleplays he is form Africa."
How do you even possible know where we are we from and that we lie about something? We are from Africa and know much more about this continent than you do and you just prove it with you nonsense about poor people from Africa (this continent is much more developed than you think).
4. “Why are you Africans so amazingly dumb?”
It is very clear who is dumb here.
TiaanB (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:09:41 PM

Latest Wallet Released! Start mining now.
LuckLurker

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:29:00 PM

How do I mine? I installed the wallet, now what?

INTENSE COIN ★ BLOCKCHAIN BACKED P2P VPN ★ Whitepaper
Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:59:41 PM

Good news, thanks. I will give it a try after I get all the Christmas stuff out of the way tomorrow.
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:04:03 PM

How do I mine? I installed the wallet, now what?

Hi,

In the download folder, you’ll find a readme file with all the information.

To start mining, open the unanetwork file, just wait for the network to synchronize. Once that is done, type “start_mining” followed by your una address that can be found in the wallet. That’s it.

During the mining process, you can type “help” for additional commands.

Also, be sure to type “exit” when you want to stop mining
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:50:12 PM

Good news, thanks. I will give it a try after I get all the Christmas stuff out of the way tomorrow.

Great! Merry Christmas!
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:23:22 AM

Official press release posted by Bitscreener, the reputable source for the latest in cryptocurrency!

Check it out:

https://bitscreener.com/press-release/una-project
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:55:38 PM

Hi,
If anyone wants to but a few coins, i have upto 500 for sale.
Will sell at 0.00005 btc per coin (approx 50 cents per coin)

Pm me please
ainsleyfran

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:09:20 PM

How is the African crypto ecosystem different from other systems around the globe?
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:08:20 PM

How is the African crypto ecosystem different from other systems around the globe?

That's a good question.

Poverty is the most obvious and well known problem in many African countries. The people in these countries cannot afford high transaction costs. This is one of the bottlenecks that digital currencies such as Bitcoin face. UNA on the other hand, will allow for "almost free" transactions. Transactions also do not become more expensive with the growth of the network. Many people in Africa rely on regular cross-border remittances, since family members may work abroad, and need to send money on a frequent basis. High transaction fees would not be sustainable.

Transaction speed will also play a key role in the African ecosystem. Bitcoin is mostly regarded as a store of value, rather that a method of exchange for goods and services. This is mostly due to its slow transaction speeds. In developed countries, this is not a very big issue, since a lot of shopping is done online. In Africa, we are for instance dealing with street vendors / markets and regular taxi services. These types of transactions require faster confirmation, since the vendors cannot wait around for 10 minutes or more for the transactions to be confirmed. Cash and Mobile cash (Mpesa) is currently the primary method of payments in most African countries. With online shopping, transaction speed is not that critical.

Most people in Africa cannot afford expensive mining equipment. These people however do have access to entry-level mobile phones and laptops. Since mining UNA requires very little resources, it would be possible for these people to also be rewarded / incentivized with UNA. The idea here is to create an ecosystem of equality, and "free" wealth distribution. Imagine someone in Uganda who has lost her job. She might need to support her family, but cannot do so. With the Una Platform, she will be able to mine UNA on her laptop, and this could serve as an additional source of income. This is also a big value proposition in our fight against poverty.

These issues are not isolated to Africa alone, but many other emerging economies as well. Africa however is just the starting point

Hope this helps.

soixantedix

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:10:32 PM

any news on exchanges? how can i buy UNA?
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:26:09 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your interest.

We're still in the process of listing on Bittrex. Will keep you updated on the progress. Also be sure to have a look at our news updates on the website.

You can buy UNA during our ICO period, which starts on 1 February 2018.

Be sure to subscribe for a reminder before launch.

www.unaproject.org

Thanks
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:08:59 PM

Hi,
I have upto 500 for sale. (will sell as little as 1 coin)
Will sell at 0.00005 btc per coin (approx 50 cents per coin)

Pm me please
J
Marcommaso

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:11:55 AM

Hi,

We're still in the process of listing on Bittrex. Will keep you updated on the progress. Also be sure to have a look at our news updates on the website.

www.unaproject.org

Thanks

Dev, im mining UnA but since 28-12, 23:37 i didn't receive no more payments.
My address is UNA1TRm4n6p2Hufo42hPhH9Ae9gbreqd1L2FsdA73z3X8kLfsQi2X1EfHfd4Xku8CyUoXeTzEwUFxCf MuohkFtSY3kjQ13J7nh
and im mining using the unad.exe\start_mining [address]. Thanks for reply.
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:17:55 AM

Hi,

www.unaproject.org

Thanks

Dev, im mining UnA but since 28-12, 23:37 i didn't receive no more payments.
My address is UNA1TRm4n6p2Hufo42hPhH9Ae9gbreqd1L2FsdA73z3X8kLfsQi2X1EfHfd4Xku8CyUoXeTzEwUFxCf MuohkFtSY3kjQ13J7nh
and im mining using the unad.exe\start_mining [address]. Thanks for reply.

Hi, has the wallet fully synchronized? If you open the wallet, you'll see it synchronizing the blocks at the bottom.

I suggest you wait for it to fully synchronize. Alternatively, if it's not synchronizing, ensure that your wallet is fully backed up and reinstall the new wallet.
It will take a while to synchronize, but all your payments should come through.
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:21:59 AM

Hey guys,

I just want to thank everybody for their amazing support on this project. Progress has been really great!

The community is growing every day, and I am 100% sure that 2018 will be a big year for UNA.

Dev Openings:

We are looking for another developer to create a block explorer. If interested, please message me.

Thanks
GrumpyUnit

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:33:55 AM

I Wish you good luck dev.   
Is it mining via Wallet console? Huh
coin8coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:31:24 PM

Hey guys,

I just want to thank everybody for their amazing support on this project. Progress has been really great!

The community is growing every day, and I am 100% sure that 2018 will be a big year for UNA.

Dev Openings:

We are looking for another developer to create a block explorer. If interested, please message me.

Thanks

Hi dev, do we have social groups for this project, such as telegram and discord (I like this one)...

build some social channel so we can talk and help to build the UNA community !

Launched in OCT 2017, and you are still here in 2018 , so I choose to believe !

and the new website design sucks... why you change the design of the website, the pre version is more fashion!
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:42:01 AM

Hey guys,

Dev Openings:

Thanks

Hi dev, do we have social groups for this project, such as telegram and discord (I like this one)...

build some social channel so we can talk and help to build the UNA community !

Launched in OCT 2017, and you are still here in 2018 , so I choose to believe !

and the new website design sucks... why you change the design of the website, the pre version is more fashion!

Thank you. We appreciate all feedback.

We will be launching the Telegram group shortly. Will keep you updated and add the link ASAP.

Are you referring to the new website www.unaproject.org?  The old website was www.unaproject.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: