Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:12:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you prefer to buy coins during ICO, or rather to earn coins through bounties?
ICO - 2 (6.3%)
Bounties - 19 (59.4%)
Both - 11 (34.4%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] UNA - Crypto For Emerging Markets 🚀  (Read 14165 times)
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:57:14 AM

Is there a web-based wallet one can use instead of the desktop client?
People can be skeptical at times about downloading wallets. I'm one of them, I must admit Grin
But I do like your project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TiaanB (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:17:12 AM

Hi dev, i want to start to mine but didnot see any pool . can you helep us for detail info?

thanks in advance and good luck!

Mining pool currently being developed.
Kennedy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:23:32 AM

dev ,what's algo of your coin , and any official pool here? when will hit exchange market ,any plan?
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:54:54 AM

dev ,what's algo of your coin , and any official pool here? when will hit exchange market ,any plan?

Hi,

Our block creation algo was created by our head developer. It automatically adjusts each new block size depending on previous block height. This ensures that confirmations are confirmed within our 90 seconds timeframe.

No official mining pool yet. Will keep you updated on further developments.

We are in discussion with HitBTC to list on their exchange first.

Best,

whitefish

Activity: 645
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:02:16 PM

Very Interesting project. I like the purpose of this coin. Can't wait to see this on the Market.
Count me in.  Cool

TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:00:31 AM

Very Interesting project. I like the purpose of this coin. Can't wait to see this on the Market.
Count me in.  Cool

Thank you for you interest and feedback!

The bigger the Una community, the faster we'll be able to get off the ground. We therefore value each member.
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:18:13 AM

Is there a web-based wallet one can use instead of the desktop client?
People can be skeptical at times about downloading wallets. I'm one of them, I must admit Grin
But I do like your project.

Hi,

Thank you for you interest.

Unfortunately, we only have a desktop client for now. We will introduce both mobile and web-based wallets in the near future (most likely after fund raising).
bewmint

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 08:25:25 AM

When the pool ready? What's algo? Cool
Vababaika

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:35:30 AM

Hi Dev, didnt find any info for coin's specs

What algo? reward for block, maturity, block generation time...

Please specify

TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:01:27 AM

When the pool ready? What's algo? Cool

Hi,

Thank you for your interest.

We originally wanted to create a pool, but that will not be necessary given features of Una.

We will soon introduce integrated wallet mining, which would allow you to mine Una simply by opening your wallet. There will also be equal distribution of rewards, with early adopters benefiting the most due to increasing difficulty.
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:03:28 AM

Hi Dev, didnt find any info for coin's specs

What algo? reward for block, maturity, block generation time...

Please specify

Thank you for your interest and pointing out.

We will release specs soon, and it will be made available on website.

Thanks.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 09:24:58 AM

I'm curious what this project could exactly does for Africa? I read white paper and your website, but It still not makes sense for me. If it really does, actually, I would like to join.
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:26:04 AM

I'm curious what this project could exactly does for Africa? I read white paper and your website, but It still not makes sense for me. If it really does, actually, I would like to join.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest.

The main purpose of Una is to give African people a alternative digital currency that is viable and actually usable in real world scenarios.

Bitcoin for example is currently too expensive for transactions, and also takes a long time to be confirmed. This makes it non-viable, especially in emerging markets where people mostly trade using cash. Another problem with Bitcoin is the fact that is so valuable, and mostly just a store of value. Imagine if people had to pay 0,00002150 for a coke. It doesn't make sense for people when it comes to pricing, as it is more difficult to determine whether they are overpaying for a product.

Una overcomes all of these issues, while also allowing for a more equal distribution of coins, as well as lower energy consumption during mining.

We have released full specs on website. Fee free to have a look.
Vababaika

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:53:02 AM

Tech specs released! Visit website to find out more.

Hello
Found this at your website

Due to the nature of UnA, mining pools are not required. Coins are distributed equally along all miners since mining takes place directly from the UnA wallet. No technical knowledge or expensive equipment is required. As long as you wallet is open, mining will run in the background. You wallet will also be encrypted and require a password to access after it has been left unattended for a few minutes. This is to ensure security.

I dont get it, your wallet mines coins automaticaly, or it is POS based system and I need to keep coins in the wallet to stake them?

TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:43:14 PM

Hello
Found this at your website

Due to the nature of UnA, mining pools are not required. Coins are distributed equally along all miners since mining takes place directly from the UnA wallet. No technical knowledge or expensive equipment is required. As long as you wallet is open, mining will run in the background. You wallet will also be encrypted and require a password to access after it has been left unattended for a few minutes. This is to ensure security.

I dont get it, your wallet mines coins automaticaly, or it is POS based system and I need to keep coins in the wallet to stake them?

Hi, and thank you for your interest.

We use a PoW based system, and not PoS. Mining pools are normally used to combine processing power for better rewards. UnA does not require a lot of processing power, and only uses your CPU to mine. As mining difficulty increases, it increases equally for everyone, regardless of processing power.

Wallet mining is not yet operational, but the basic idea of this is that the more you use your wallet, the more mining rewards you will earn since it runs in the background. Everybody will have a equal opportunity to mine, as they only need to use or open their wallets.

Hope this helps.
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:55:32 PM

Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:06:55 PM

There were more African coins. Why do you claim you are the first one? Why do you Africans lie so much?
TiaanB (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:45:24 PM

There were more African coins. Why do you claim you are the first one? Why do you Africans lie so much?

Are you sure you have done your research? As far as I can recall, there were only one or two ERC-20 tokens launched. Not the same
Highspeed123

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:05:33 PM

Will work continue on this project? It is always sad to jump into something and then never see it progress or reach the exchanges. Is an exchange in the pipeline? How are things going with the project in general? Thanks
sudnokpok

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:08:15 PM

Very nice project from africa,  create better lives for people all over Africa and unite all African countries and all of its people is a great purpose.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: