Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:03:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does everyone think of this ICO? (Newbie)  (Read 1985 times)
Cryptogiji (OP)

Activity: 278
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:23:34 PM

After looking at their website from the article it looks quite a interesting concept, and i am liking the website the white paper and the style of marketing / slogan.

I will be keeping an eye out for Crowdholding.

Thanks for the response, thats how i feel about it. But of course nice marketing doesn't mean you should invest

I checked the page provided and I don't see anything fishy but I suggest you invest into ICO that are posted on this forum because ever since bitcoin surge above  $2100 range predicted Saxo Bank there's a lot of ICO scams accusation going on.

Thanks, always good to see that you think this is a pretty good ICO. They have a thread on here as well. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2082561.0;all

First of all you should decide what you want to do invest in ICO or participate in airdrops and bounty's. My advice is read and lear a lot of this forum and first try airdrops and social bounty programms. It seems to be complicated but not so when you do some research about it.

Sounds good, I think i will get involved in a bounty with them,

My two satoshi...

Interesting project and interesting spin on the concept, however there is a HUGE amount of competition in this 'crowdfunding/ICO launching' space an although this project has some unique elements, nothing really 'sells' it to me over and above the others.. (See: KickICO.com already gaining decent traction)

This project, for the most part seems to have a capable and accountable team, which is great, but a big part of its success is going to be the company's ability to market the idea, create hype and get businesses on board - and in this regard their 'Marketing/Communications Team', I feel, is somewhat lacking. (No offence, but their Head of PR/Marketing/Communications was a stylist up until January this year.)

Also, the whole 'Crowdholding' idea is fantastic in theory, but will it work in practice? Businesses getting on board such a concept have the danger of having their vision/ideas diluted and losing their original direction by trying to please all their 'shareholders'. Trying to be all things to all people is not smart business. Why would a business take this route with all its potential headaches, rather than just simply doing a crowdfund and be done with it? For me that's a huge barrier to entry.

Although I do think this project has potential, its not something I'd personally invest in at the ICO stage. I'd keep an eye on it and see whether they prove themselves over the competition.

Anyways, good luck!  Grin

Interesting response and thank you for it. I agree that they seem to have a great idea and of course there is competition. Also in regards to the head of PR, she has studied that field for over 4 years and was probably doing that as a side job to make ends meet. I agree I will see how they get on in the first few days.

Crowdholding is a bad idea. Read the short write up about Crowdholding at:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157.80  (page 5 of thread)

Interesting read and a similar thought process to the reply above. I also noticed that they actually responded to you though further in the thread, which to me shows that they have some validity. Could have been easier to just ignore it. Just going to have to see how they do on the 1st of November. Thank you.
hashbros

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:43:03 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 03:01:59 PM by hashbros

i  never  trust  any  ICO! no matter  what  they  show  is  great!
now  airdrop  is  the  popular  way  of  dev team, they  can  use  this  point  to  get  the  
money  to  support  the project! maybe  you  can  look about  postoken!
https://airdrop.postoken.org/?r=59e5715f8b

jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:51:06 PM

Interesting read and a similar thought process to the reply above. I also noticed that they actually responded to you though further in the thread, which to me shows that they have some validity. Could have been easier to just ignore it. Just going to have to see how they do on the 1st of November. Thank you.

Did you read my response back to Crowdholding? If their idea is valid, then thousands of companies would be soliciting input from the shareholders for guidance to success, because it is far cheaper than doing market research. But they don't, because it's a bad idea. Crowdholding couldn't argue against this.
Cryptogiji (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:21:36 PM

Did you read my response back to Crowdholding? If their idea is valid, then thousands of companies would be soliciting input from the shareholders for guidance to success, because it is far cheaper than doing market research. But they don't, because it's a bad idea. Crowdholding couldn't argue against this.

Yes I read your response, and I found that CH Henry responded pretty well and like I said before showed validity actually debating with you. I see the concept as a different one though, the people who would co-create wouldn't be shareholders, they co-create with that startup because they believe it is a good idea / want it to work. They would give decent advice and wouldn't sugar coat it.

Also I think this platform is aimed at startups and it is revenue sharing (according to their white paper / website but will have to see) so they are not looking for huge massive companies who make millions in profit. Instead they would use part of their marketing budget for this platform.

I guess I see it i a little different and we will just have to see what happens. But thanks for looking into them and i like your thread, it is very useful and i feel like there isn't enough debate and analysis of ICO's as people are just throwing cash into any poor idea / scam.
Cryptogiji (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:30:04 AM

Another article about Crowdholding, this time from Coinspeaker. What do you think?

https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/10/27/qa-crowdholding-platform/
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:17:07 PM

Personally I am a big fan of this altcoin.

I have been following them for quite some while and they have a solid team, great whitepaper and all their numbers and concepts in order.

Their pre-ico was small but very successful, and if their first week goes very well I will be throwing down some Ethereum.

Their only issue is lack of marketing, so I am glad to see they have an article with cointelegraph.
That article was sponsored anyway so I would not have banked on that in the first place since almost all ICOs do that for marketing. However, it was a nice read and looking at their team though, I would not really have much to say.

It is best you do your findings diligently before investing and see how feasible the project may end up being in the market anyway at the long run. From my own angle anyway, I may not really invest unless the company comes out with a solid information why they really need a crowdfunding in the first place for a project like that.
Cryptogiji (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:53:53 AM

Personally I am a big fan of this altcoin.

I have been following them for quite some while and they have a solid team, great whitepaper and all their numbers and concepts in order.

Their pre-ico was small but very successful, and if their first week goes very well I will be throwing down some Ethereum.

Their only issue is lack of marketing, so I am glad to see they have an article with cointelegraph.
That article was sponsored anyway so I would not have banked on that in the first place since almost all ICOs do that for marketing. However, it was a nice read and looking at their team though, I would not really have much to say.

It is best you do your findings diligently before investing and see how feasible the project may end up being in the market anyway at the long run. From my own angle anyway, I may not really invest unless the company comes out with a solid information why they really need a crowdfunding in the first place for a project like that.

Thanks for the response, I think that it's not a big issue that they are paying for marketing either. I think all ICO's will be shelling out money for marketing until they are successful. I will keep my eye on it and see how the first week goes.
Franko30

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:33:36 PM

Hello everyone,

I came across this article on cointelegraph today and it seems a great project. What does everyone else think? anyone got any advice for a new ICO hunter?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crowdholding-co-creating-companies-to-success

thank you

In my own opinion smart contract is a very promising area for investing. Please read this - https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/10/25/top-4-best-ico-platforms-managing-smart-contracts/

Confideal looks the most interesting, but Etherparty also looks good
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1187

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:45:07 PM

It's intersting how so many newbies responded so quickly to this thead. Yea I won't even read that thing , I can smell it from here that something will not be ok with it in the future.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
digital_weezer

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:00:40 PM

It's intersting how so many newbies responded so quickly to this thead. Yea I won't even read that thing , I can smell it from here that something will not be ok with it in the future.

What you hinting at? fake accounts?
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:00:26 PM

Everybody said it's a great project but nobody spent the time explaining why they think so.  The idea of the project is to connect companies with people who are likely to consume the offered goods. Okay, that's a good idea to pay the consumers for improvements. It is also sort of true that the system is locked on itself, for consumers get paid for advice and then buy the goods for the money they received. However, there's no strict information about the way project will be realized and the way it works since March 2017. Furthermore, I don't understand why is a special coin needed for such a project to exist, because here there're no specific assignments for a coin.

Thanks for the feedback! Always nice to hear a bunch of different opinions.

But according to the whitepaper, they don't have to buy the goods / services or invest in the company, they can simply exchange it, hence making money right? I think they have gone for a altcoin because they want a global system and it might be too complex to use fiat currencies.

Firstly, this is crowdsourcing (2.0) That is, new startups involve the crowd in the process of co-creation, development and promotion and for this co-creators receive tokens (like bounty). Just blockchain and its token allows to solve a problem which in crowdsourcing could not be solved earlier, when it was legally problematic to transfer the projects shares to the early co-creators. Now instead of shares, the participants get tokens and this makes everything simpler.

BUT! I still have the main question for Crowdholding. What with ownership? If the company's shares belong only to the founders and co-creators get only tokens, then founders are a man with all apples, as on their main promo banner.

Cryptogiji (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:28:57 AM

They launched today and so far they look good, got 15% of their minimum goal already and it's their first day!

https://ico.crowdholding.com
digital_weezer

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:46:10 PM

They launched today and so far they look good, got 15% of their minimum goal already and it's their first day!

https://ico.crowdholding.com

It's impressive, I am waiting to see how the first day goes but if they keep in this form looking like we are onto a winner!
hunker_down

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:53:46 PM

Looks like it's going well for the first day, i'll wait a few days to see how it goes, but so far so good!
gidaahmad

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:20:45 PM

ICO (Initial Coin Offering). First heard it I know this is an investment that has a high risk. Or arguably an investment in a world other than the real world. Most ICOs generate ERC20-based tokens.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:27:40 PM

ICO (Initial Coin Offering). First heard it I know this is an investment that has a high risk. Or arguably an investment in a world other than the real world. Most ICOs generate ERC20-based tokens.
Yeah ICO is always have a high risk. However you can lower the risk studying it or make a research about the ICO. Thus you can decide after your research if you invest in or not.
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:24:05 PM

Seems a pretty good project, There aren't any huge warning signals so it is just down to how well it is known, and if you are interested and believe in the project.

I don't see this one as a get tokens and sell them quickly to make a quick profit.
KaranRaut

Activity: 106

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:41:14 PM

Hello everyone,

I came across this article on cointelegraph today and it seems a great project. What does everyone else think? anyone got any advice for a new ICO hunter?

thank you

I think this is similar to cofoundit .. I wouldn't put m money in the ICO but that is my personal opinion.. especially because it is not an original idea..
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:28:49 PM

Hello everyone,

thank you

I think this is similar to cofoundit .. I wouldn't put m money in the ICO but that is my personal opinion.. especially because it is not an original idea..

I think they have some similarities, but they differ in a few ways. In regards to the percent you could be correct.
jimsteel

Activity: 244
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:00:52 PM

Only time will tell, I think it is a good project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: