Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:59:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons Why Bitcoin Price Drops  (Read 5282 times)
Beparanf

Activity: 2800
Merit: 765

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:37:31 PM

There's some reason for bitcoin price to going down usually it's because people sell bitcoin in high value or if an country ban bitcoin it'll make people panic and sell their assets.
yeah as the law of economics; if the supply of any product is greater than demand of people. The prices will automatically go down. We can take the example of China why the price of bitcoin goes down. But Bitcoin price fluctuate within the passage of time. If we read the growth chart of the Bitcoin It is very rare happened that price of bitcoin goes down. But its recover time is too fast.
Since the fork news uproar, people were expecting some freebies when you have hold some btc, that bamning of China were almost forgotten ,thans to that news btc recovered way too fast.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:40:05 AM

I would like to know your opinion on what factors cause the value of Bitcoin to drop. A brief explanation helps.

It's all about supply and demand that affect the bitcoin price if more people starts selling their coins when demand for the bitcoins is low then price will drop and vice versa but sometimes prices can also drop or rise when group of people holding large amount of bitcoins trying to affect the market by either selling or buying bitcoins together.
Yes the value of bit coin is wholly solely dependent on the supply and demand relationship when the supply is less than the demand then price drops while when the demands are higher than the supply then the rates and prices rises up.
Yes that’s the right thing that it totally depends on the investor trend if demand f investor is high it will go high and high and if price will come don that is because people are selling a lot and that time is best for the buying coin and those who are doing this according to this strategy they are utilization the both times and they earn a lot bitcoin is name of faith and those who are earning a lot have true faith into it.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:02:10 AM

One factor why bitcoin price drop is the law of supply and demand, when supplies exceeded the demand, the price will fall. The supplies increases because some investor/holders panic sell their bitcoins because of the negative impact about bitcoins like banning of its use in some countries.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:14:33 AM

Well you know what I take as a biggest factor is
            PANIC SELLING
As soon as the price starts to increase then people get super excited and they for the short term profit sell all their bitcoins !!! Due to which... Price suddenly drops !
Its the worst and even worse than this is the fact that we can't control this, more or so there isn't any unity in the bitcoin community, yes its understandable that some people might need some money but most of the time thats not the case, as a holder sells suddenly there are lots of bitcoins out there in the market and no demand thus price drops.

Then there are Countries who try to dictate the price of bitcoins by banning the ICO'S and Bitcoins as a whole due to which they take a part of crowd out of the maket which again decreases the price.

Some people find alternate cryptocurrencies very tempting thus they trade Bitcoins for them, there are just a lots of reasons.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:17:44 PM

My answer is the time. After Bitcoin gold hard fork, they sell Bitcoin to buy altcoins. Actually, Bitcoin price is too high now and it just raises for long-term. With small investors, they can't invest all their budget in BTC and wait for increasing. They have to trade small altcoins to find profit in short-term.  Smiley
loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:46:29 PM

theres a facts that bitcoin price will be affected from those negative fakes news about bitcoin, bitcoin holders have no faith in bitcoin can be easily believe and do a massive dump on their bitcoin, so the bitcoin price will drops. but after that bitcoin price will continue pump. I think that's a strategy from some whales to create a panic selling. Grin
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:50:08 PM

FUD is really the only reason. A country bans bitcoins or people think a country has banned bitcoins and all of a sudden the world is ending. That's just day traders trying to figure out where the price is going that day. It doesn't actually reflect the true value. Look at that latest 30% dip. We just blew right past it like it meant nothing. Nothing can stop a decentralized currency. No government ban. No amount of FUD.
Faith Joy

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:00:40 PM

I would like to know your opinion on what factors cause the value of Bitcoin to drop. A brief explanation helps.
I think the reason why the bitcoin price drops is that from what I have observed, Some negative news that affects people that is why those people want to withdraw their money from this platform. like in recent time, China government wanted to regulate the ICO then most of the Chinese people have left their Bitcoin so that the price of Bitcoin went down to low value. I believe that only negative news and uncertainty are the main reason for dropping the price.
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:13:51 PM

I think bitcoin is going down because bad news from many sides is not good for bitcoin. They fear the value of the bitcoin goes down and they sell out all the bitcoins to make sure the profits will be worth it. This causes a large amount of bitcon to market when the bitcoin value decreases

Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:19:18 PM

If I'm not mistaken, the thing that helps Bitcoin's market value to increase, making it more expensive, has something to do with the demand that bitcoin is getting from the market. So i also believe that it is also the reason why its market value falls knowing that Bitcoin is volatile. Probable, the law of supply and demand.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:30:01 PM

I think bitcoin is going down because bad news from many sides is not good for bitcoin. They fear the value of the bitcoin goes down and they sell out all the bitcoins to make sure the profits will be worth it. This causes a large amount of bitcon to market when the bitcoin value decreases
I think the current drop though a minimum can be attributed to the news circulating that Indonesia has banned bitcoins as a means of payment they have indicated that anyone dealing in it will be dealt with. I think this is rather a bad decision but people can still have bitcoin and exchange it into their local currency there.
Alfinopogi

Activity: 49
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:45:25 PM

for me the reason why bitcoin price drops it is As many miners sell most of the block reward to recoup the cost of mining, for bitcoin's price to remain constant, these new BTC have to be absorbed by market participants.
Joyawan13

Activity: 910

elysian.finance

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:04:39 PM

I think it's the same with market law.Sellers and buyers affecting bitcoin prices.If many buy the price will rise and if many who sell the price will go down.Yesterday bitcoin prices had dropped dramatically, it's because of panic sell ,
Maybe people sell their bitcoin for bad news about bitcoin.

I also think that for example many people who sell bitcoin of course bitcoin will drop the price, and if for example many people who buy bitcoin usually go up, we should not easily believe with anything that is not clear, and it can only make us panic, we think positive. and always optimistic and not easy to believe with negative news.

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:20:05 PM

The normal socio-political-economic factors are the main reasons.
By social I mean that what people think of the current situation and what kind of move they plan to do and their reaction to rumors and facts that may either be good or bad.
By political factors I mean country wise,what big bulls of the market tend to do and the like.
By economic I mean the demand and supply of any commodity as in this case a crypto currency aka bitcoin.
This is in short on exactly what happens. There are so many sub ,sub sub topics under this,I'd rather not go too deep.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:32:22 PM

The reasons is nothing other than the forces of demand and supply of bitcoin, including fundamental issues that may have significant impact on the market value of bitcoin. When there are fundamental issues like the previous news from China on the ban of local exchange and ICO activities which really affect bitcoin value negatively were all some of the reason or factors that affect bitcoin negatively and courses price fall. 
lucifochrome

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:46:35 PM

There could be a lot of contributing factors that may affect the rise and fall of the price but with the application of law of supply and demand. Given that there is X amount of supply and low demand then price could drop, if there is more demand then price could rise. Now there are other factors not just the law of supply and demand, For one it is the support of the community, what i mean by this is that if there are more investors that invested in bitcoin then it can pump the price as well, same thing with businesses that supports bitcoin. The same thing can be applied and if there are some bad news that involves bitcoin it could affect the price as well making it fall.
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:09:47 PM

The reason why the Bitcoin price would drop is from some sort of external factor to the network. Nothing is every seriously dangerous because it's done by people, not code.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:32:39 PM

The reasons is nothing other than the forces of demand and supply of bitcoin, including fundamental issues that may have significant impact on the market value of bitcoin. When there are fundamental issues like the previous news from China on the ban of local exchange and ICO activities which really affect bitcoin value negatively were all some of the reason or factors that affect bitcoin negatively and courses price fall. 
Supply and demand are the main factors that affect its price(up and down). Because of being decentralized, the fall of bitcoin price aren't controllable and we don't when it was happen. We or the community makes it changes because everytime that bitcoin will fall is just a matter of divertion, probably there is new hardfork or coin created in similarity of bitcoin. But we don't need to worry about that because  most probably it will back to its normal price in a moment.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:42:27 PM

Supply and demand are the main factors that affect its price(up and down). Because of being decentralized, the fall of bitcoin price aren't controllable and we don't when it was happen. We or the community makes it changes because everytime that bitcoin will fall is just a matter of divertion, probably there is new hardfork or coin created in similarity of bitcoin. But we don't need to worry about that because  most probably it will back to its normal price in a moment.

It's actually been repeated a lot of times that fundamental economics tells us that regulation of a currency depends on the demand of it or the supply of it in the market and that's  what the various central banks seek to regulate in order to manage their respective local fiats and economy. Well about bitcoin returning to it's p[revious value,it's a well known truth now and so we needn't have to worry when it falls in value at any moment in time.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:49:00 PM

I think drama and forks cause the price to stagnate, and drop. Also, FUD like the recent stuff we saw with JP Morgan and China does not help.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██