Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:50:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ERC20 vs waves  (Read 3133 times)
LiluSG

Activity: 588
Merit: 199

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:26:43 PM

These are different platforms, different history, different organization and tasks. The ether is the dominant position in the market, the waves are good and they can be taken in the long run, as the development of the project will pull and the price, that is small, which will be supported by the fall. But in any case, this is a conversation of several years, not a couple of months
catapult

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:28:05 PM

Hello,

I am creating a coin/ token and wondered, is there a downside to using waves to create it? Its only slightly easier to create vs an Ethereum based. We picked waves due to their DEX API, what does this community think?

I think the tokens which are on the platform of ethereum are more preferable than the tokens which are on other platforms. In my opinion, it is extremely hard that an another platform can surpass the popularity of the platform of ethereum.
devilman59

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:34:27 PM

it is always good that you do your own research since you will find your own results and form your own opinion i prefer to use waves for new assets since they are very cheap, the fee for creating process is only 1 Waves, they're very easy and fast. A few minutes and your cryptocurrency is ready for trades, mass transfers etc and usually all tokens based on Waves standard are tradable on our DEX by default, they have very low fee for transfers, including mass transfers, so if you want to make smth like airdrop, then it will be much cheaper than on Ethereum standard.
garciacarral

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:39:40 AM

ERC-20 is more preferable in the real time for me, waves are not so convincing and confident on the cryptocurrency market, but it could be in the top.
pogicute1234

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:02:27 AM

there are so many wallets but for me I'll choose ERC20 because we know it's more wallet and it's easier to use even if he accepts any tokens. so it's best to use ERC20
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:28:54 PM

In a simple term ERC20 is like Bitcoin while WAVE is like any other crypto, yes ERC20 is more acceptable and compactable, i will always go for it maybe with time i shall see more benefit of WAVE
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:33:41 PM

Waves is continuously growing. In fact, I have some tokens in my wallet that using waves platform. But still I aware more in using ethereum as it is my first known altcoin and power house of smart contracts. Ethereum convinced me the way it is usable and many tokens are preferred to be alligned with ethereum blockchain.
Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:56:45 PM

ERC20 vs Waves battle ends soon (Q4 ?).
With atomic swap on Waves you'll able to swap from ERC20 to Waves and back.
gewealiw

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:13:58 PM

ERC20 token on ethereum stage has unquestionably overshadow the development and the presence of Waves token. Over 90% task is been started and finished up on ethereum stage utilizing ERC20 as a token for ventures! What's more, is it is, this advancement shows up not to back off that is the reason ether the cash of ethereum will stay profitable in the market!
bdfoysalhossain

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:01:05 PM

Both good coins. Although I personally like ERC20. But I think your ERC20 and waves should be invested in both. Because the future of 2 coins is very good. I hope these developments will grow very well in the future.
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:03:15 PM

waves is the initial amount to be funded whilst making coin switch , it wishes 30 USD to buy waves before you may do waves based on totally tokens transactions, in contrast to erc20- ethereum based totally token, it only want at the least .01ETH or three Usd to make token transaction as for gas processing, and it simplest wishes .001 ETH to filled-up that gasoline to make token transfer, however, that .001 is largely sufficient for the fuel it can make more than a hundred token transactions not like waves, each token transactions want .001 waves which more luxurious to all.
Darrylld (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 04:42:53 PM

Wow, great feedback. Nice to see this is still going. We did build on Waves, and found it hard to raise capital. We created a mobile private key wallet https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cryptocashhub.concierge&hl=en_US and a point of sale which allows for the purchase of normal goods and services with crypto. We found it easy to build off the api with provided documentation and eventually migrated to our own Mainnet. Would love for feedback on the app. Thanks again for all the info.

Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 04:48:34 PM

Hello,

I am creating a coin/ token and wondered, is there a downside to using waves to create it? Its only slightly easier to create vs an Ethereum based. We picked waves due to their DEX API, what does this community think?
You can easily create on ethereum and migrate to any other blockchains later, instead of waves i would have preferred stellar...

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
24hexchange

Activity: 91

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:53:47 AM

I can't make the decision, each of them is good for me and I like them, but to be honest waves are more active and promising for the real time on the market.

GYM Ledger  //  The World's 1st Health Band with Integrated Hardware Wallet
https://gymledger.com/
Join Pre-SALE  |  OCTOBER 1st
Techysk

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:56:04 AM

For me erc20 because i like and it has more users but no doubt waves is good and i might choose waves in near future when waves developments will do very well in the future.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:57:11 AM

Erc20  token on ethereum platform beats waves simplistic platform down many times over. The volume and amount of project based on erc20 is so high and cryptocurrency gas been made lively and new money have come in because of ethereum.

DeleikesiL

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:58:34 AM

Whether you want to use ERC20 or wave or even EOS or NEO to issue your token, the most important thing is the role of your token. If you don't have a good use, then what you use is not important. Of course, ERC20 is definitely better than waves.
Kevinatin

Activity: 612

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:02:27 AM

ERC20 uniquely stronger than the waves. I do not remember projects on the basis of waves that later successfully ended. Although now on etherium projects also do not really shine. P.s. to comparison, you can also add NEO.
YD_Crypto

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:10:19 AM

I think ERC20 is good blockchain. currently, there is a richer coin ETH based in the crypto market. Therefore, I approve the ERC20.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:11:55 AM

In my experience every waves token I earned doing bounty has revealed totally useless and with nearly 0 liquidity... so if I were you I would choose ERC20.

Waves is far behind with erc20 so far. At the moment, it is the most popular platform that meets the requirements of all users. Most of the successful projects are created on eth platform.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████