Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:12:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ERC20 vs waves  (Read 3133 times)
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:25:32 PM

Hello,

I am creating a coin/ token and wondered, is there a downside to using waves to create it? Its only slightly easier to create vs an Ethereum based. We picked waves due to their DEX API, what does this community think?
ERC-20 is better than waves platform. Waves is very limited, Erc 20 has been used by most ICO developers.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:27:54 PM

Ethereum has existed for considerably longer than Waves.

But if Waves comes out with a simple to use GUI for token and smart contract creation it could trounce ERC20 easily.
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:32:32 PM

There is a token called Encryptotel that issued a token that works on both ethereum and waves. ETT is a long term investment and had lots of trouble with their ICO but it did enable them to garner lots of free press.

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:35:09 PM

There is a token called Encryptotel that issued a token that works on both ethereum and waves. ETT is a long term investment and had lots of trouble with their ICO but it did enable them to garner lots of free press.
How is that supposed to work? Did they just create one Waves and one ERC20 token each?
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:41:24 PM

Waves platform is better than current ethereum blockchain. Wavesdex features can surplus ethereum features but russian owners of waves platform should  increase the speed of development before some other projects release similar product.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Darrylld (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:49:32 PM

So I am doing the research now, looking at Bittrex API and MEW API for the wallet. Is the is right direction? Just created a test erc-20 coin, very easy.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:01:27 PM

Waves platform is better than current ethereum blockchain. Wavesdex features can surplus ethereum features but russian owners of waves platform should  increase the speed of development before some other projects release similar product.

waves and erc20 (etherium) are both good platform but i mostly see project (ico) that is under on erc20.  i  also choose and prefer erc20 over waves due to the fact that they supports myetherwallet but on waves you need to download and use a separate  wallet which is a hassel for me because i mainly join bounty campaigns that requires a myetherwallet and most of my coins/tokens are under erc20 based.
mfelat

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:03:30 PM

waves platform is underdeveloped against ecr20 but has big potential , but the development is slow and the value of waves token in exchanges which is not stable is not a good sign either.  
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:52:07 PM

waves platform is underdeveloped against ecr20 but has big potential , but the development is slow and the value of waves token in exchanges which is not stable is not a good sign either.  
It's possible that they are going to do a "bulk" release of updates instead of doing small updates. If that was the case there could be a massive pump. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it. After all, it has been a while since anything happened with Waves.
prodigalson

Activity: 200

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:54:03 PM

Of course Apla! Oops, too early Wink

Hello, cryptoworld
Coinve.st

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:54:06 AM

We shouldn't even be comparing these platforms and protocols.  Comparing Ethereum to Waves is like a comparing a Ferrari to a Corvette.  There's a reason why they are different in market cap.  The community and development support is much larger with Ethereum.  The quality of projects are much better on Ethereum.  Waves offers little value other than easily creating tokens with no development experience and its decentralized exchange (which helps increase the volume of poor quality projects).  It doesn't support smart contracts and has been behind on it's development roadmap.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:58:40 AM

In crypto community, ethereum is more popular and uses for ethereum is diverse and the transaction on ethereum network everyday is increasing! Ethereum is favoured compare to waves. You might want give yourself a better chance at success on your project by using ethereum platform!
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:02:51 AM

I would say that I'll go with ERC20 since there are a lot more people that use Ethereum than Waves. I've read a few arguments that there are a lot of trash and shitty tokens on waves, though comparing this to Ethereum there are also a lot of those kinds of tokens there. If however, you see that Waves is a lot more useful for your project, then why not? I think both of them have their flaws.
An.tony

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:33:00 AM

waves used very unaccustomed
Still prefer erc20
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2128

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:41:03 AM

I think most of us would prefer ERC20 instead of waves because you can check yourself volume of trading on both platform then you can automatically understand which is the best among both. I have lots of coins on waves platform most of them are useless for me till now I don't know when they will move up very hardly we find buyers there and on the other hand if you check ERC20 support wallet you will find both seller & buyer in good numbers & If you notice that in the recent time most of the coins are launching on ERC20 support platform So I would suggest you to launch your coin on ERC20 support wallet rather then on Waves. Even I don't like to buy coins launching on waves platform its my personal opinion.

kang_kung

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:57:53 AM

Waves is a bit new and I haven't seen any big player successful based on Wave network. Meanwhite, ERC20 is.
jackfruit

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:39:02 AM

Ethereum assets systems better than wawes, erc20 tokens are easly listed on etherdelta which is rarely the case for waves coins. Most of us don't even hear about waves coins, it takes a place within the dex.

anhbloginc

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:41:49 AM

Hello,

I am creating a coin/ token and wondered, is there a downside to using waves to create it? Its only slightly easier to create vs an Ethereum based. We picked waves due to their DEX API, what does this community think?

I suggest you should create an ERC20 token, based on ETH blockchain. It's better.

Darrylld (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 02:53:50 PM

Thank you thank you - we have

https://etherscan.io/token/0x0712e1506f9bf1c66c8ba997ff1bf998a057d536?a=0xbe3a06503e40dc0704248ca774b84d8f060a216c

The replies in here were amazing, and really helped.
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:11:25 PM

Thank you thank you - we have

https://etherscan.io/token/0x0712e1506f9bf1c66c8ba997ff1bf998a057d536?a=0xbe3a06503e40dc0704248ca774b84d8f060a216c

The replies in here were amazing, and really helped.

I would choose your place Waves. Just as Ethereum is developing and becoming more and more popular. Following the market I am able to infer that it is very prosperous and is an option.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: