Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2019, 11:10:50 AM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TRK] ★ TRUCKCOIN ★ Pure PoS up to 200% ★ TRK v2 MANDATORY UPDATE!  (Read 30459 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Cunningstunt

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 02:58:02 AM

Guys and gals, community opinion needed!

To me it looks like now it's time to radically lower the Truckcoin POS reward cap.
It will preserve TRK value and secure coins future.

I propose to gradually decrease POS reward to 20 TRK per block as final goal, 10x times less than the current rate.

Something like:

Starting from January 01, 2020 max POS reward set to 150 TRK per block
Starting from April 01, 2020 max POS reward set to 100 TRK per block
Starting from August 01, 2020 max POS reward set to 50 TRK per block
Starting from January 01, 2021 max POS reward set to 20 TRK per block forever

What do you think guys? Please post here or feel free to PM me with any suggestions, proposals, etc.

Hey Noise,

at first thanks for the good work the last years and not leaving this great POS coin!!
The new wallet is working flawless, really appreciate your work!

I like the scheme to lower the reward how you wrote, i think its fair, to start lowering the reward in around half a year...
everybody got the chance to stake a lot of blocks at the rate of 200!

In general, anybody knows how to open up a faucet for TRK??
Would give away some TRK for new users....hope it will help the community growing!
Cheers

I can host TRK faucet on my server but need to find some good faucet script with reliable protection.
Tried to run faucet for Truckcoin a coulple years ago but script was weak and some nasty bot started to suck it dry every time in just a few hours after refill.

Maybe it's worth to list TRK at https://btcpop.co/
It's a small exchange but looks reliable and they have faucets and staking pools for POS coins.

Their listing fee is $1000 which is pretty reasonable but I'm not feeling comfortable to pay it all by myself...
https://btcpop.co/listing

I must be the only one who wants to keep 200%. The max block reward has helped keep inflation down when other coins have surged into the billions / trillions.
But I cannot deny that a reduction is best.

Noise,
I have been using btcpop for many years & highly recommend them. I have always been surprised that Truck was never listed.
They have recently implemented the listing fee this year because of a problem with one of their coins, they are good though. Very attentive to wallet updates & their support has always been top notch. Plus they plan to maybe add altcoin markets & api so that cmc will recognise their volume.
They have many coins now that are homeless since cryptopia has folded.

Oh & Noise, keep up the good work. Nice to still see you as an active developer. Your wallets are awesome!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Erwin125

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 11:37:18 AM

I agree to go to for a softening of the inflation and the time schedule, it gives it more value for potential investors who want to store their value.
listing on btcpop is very ok, I am open for a donation. I think it is good to ask the trk community for a donation.

In the next altcoins bull cycle it is very important to be on exchanges. I think DEX will be more important this time.

Also I think TRK is clearly not a security, but we should explain this more.

Another thing is that there will be a time high reward staking coins will be more popular (now all is targeted on professional investors, but retail will come on the second phase of the bullrun, they are fed up with their 0% interest rates with their bankaccounts)

I think it is also better to translate block reward to a clear APR rate, 200% is too much, but 20% is a good target APR eventually (clearly higher than most other popular staking coin which are between 5% and 10%.
noise23

Activity: 921
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 11:14:19 PM

I agree to go to for a softening of the inflation and the time schedule, it gives it more value for potential investors who want to store their value.
listing on btcpop is very ok, I am open for a donation. I think it is good to ask the trk community for a donation.

In the next altcoins bull cycle it is very important to be on exchanges. I think DEX will be more important this time.

Another thing is that there will be a time high reward staking coins will be more popular (now all is targeted on professional investors, but retail will come on the second phase of the bullrun, they are fed up with their 0% interest rates with their bankaccounts)

I think it is also better to translate block reward to a clear APR rate, 200% is too much, but 20% is a good target APR eventually (clearly higher than most other popular staking coin which are between 5% and 10%.

20% interest rate will not lower the inflation.
Current inflation rate in case if all stakes hit 200 coins cap is 350000 (approx. blocks per year) * 200 = approx. 70 million coins.
With 20% rate and current total TRK supply of 264 million inflation for the year would be about the same - 20% is 53 million but actual rate will be higher because of constantly growing total supply.

With fixed 20 coins per block reward yearly inflated amount will be 10x times lower than current one - something about 7 million coins, and it will remain constant over the years.
And in this case we can advertise TRK as "mining without hardware" - fixed reward per block in much easier understandable in mining terms than percentage.

Regarding Btcpop listing, next week probably I will setup BTC and TRK donation addresses.
Enema

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 12:09:19 AM

Current inflation rate in case if all stakes hit 200 coins cap is 350000 (approx. blocks per year) * 200 = approx. 70 million coins.
With 20% rate and current total TRK supply of 264 million inflation for the year would be about the same - 20% is 53 million but actual rate will be higher because of constantly growing total supply.

With fixed 20 coins per block reward yearly inflated amount will be 10x times lower than current one - something about 7 million coins, and it will remain constant over the years.
And in this case we can advertise TRK as "mining without hardware" - fixed reward per block in much easier understandable in mining terms than percentage.

Regarding Btcpop listing, next week probably I will setup BTC and TRK donation addresses.
Block spacing: 90 Sec
40 x 24 = 960 blocks max every day.
Since rewards are maxed out we end up with 70.080.000 TRK coins max. every year.
Because of this inflation will go down anyway.

Real_Unhooked

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 06:23:44 AM

So do we need to fork to lower reward?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
noise23

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 12:12:33 PM

So do we need to fork to lower reward?
Yes. New wallet will be ready soon.
noise23

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 03:07:10 AM

TRK blockchain snapshots were updated to the fresh ones:

Blockchain for Linux up to block 1770357 (July 13, 2019)
Blockchain for Windows up to block 1770374 (July 13, 2019)
bitmaster1x2

Activity: 366
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 07:38:28 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2019, 09:59:24 PM by bitmaster1x2

Truckcoin (TRK) is now listed on Unnamed Exchange.  Cool

https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/unnamed-exchange/trade/

Will be adding Truck to another exchange so be sure to join us on Crypto-city and "like" the Truck page.
https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/truckcoin-trk/

https://www.crypto-city.com Join us at the Home of the True Crypto Believers!
TillKoeln
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1004

★unnamed.exchange★ 48+ Coins Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 09:43:33 PM

Yep

#BTC #CryptoNews  #cryptotrading  #cryptotwitter  #LTC #DOGE #ETH #Fintech #Forex @truckcoin_v2 #cryptocurrency

TruckCoin $TRK is added to https://www.unnamed.exchange
https://twitter.com/TillKoeln/status/1154139974188576768

join http://discord.gg/bMezDRD
BTC http://www.unnamed.exchange/Exchange/Basic?market=TRK_BTC
DOGE https://www.unnamed.exchange/Exchange/Basic?market=TRK_DOGE
LTC https://www.unnamed.exchange/Exchange/Basic?market=TRK_LTC

noise23

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 02:56:12 AM

Great news  Cool Thank you!

noise23

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:47:20 PM

Truckcoin v2 is ready, TRK source code and wallet binaries updated to v2.0.0.0

Current 200% capped to 200 TRK max reward will remain unchanged until the end of 2019.
Hard fork will occur on 1 January 2020.
2020 will be transitional year with gradually decreasing max reward cap.
Starting from 2021 POS reward will be switched to fixed 20 TRK per block.

Here is the schedule:
up to 200%, max 200 TRK per block staking reward until the end of 2019
up to 200%, max 150 TRK per block staking reward starting from 1 January 2020 00:00:00 GMT
up to 200%, max 100 TRK per block staking reward starting from 1 April 2020 00:00:00 GMT
up to 200%, max 50 TRK per block staking reward starting from 1 August 2020 00:00:00 GMT
20 TRK per block fixed staking reward starting from 1 January 2021 00:00:00 GMT

Please update your wallets to version 2. Older wallets v1.x.x.x will become obsolete on 1 January 2020

Truckcoin v2.0.0.0 download:

Source code
Windows wallet
Linux Ubuntu 18.04 wallet
Linux Ubuntu 18.04 wallet
Windows daemon

Mac wallet coming soon!
DavethaMan

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 12:06:59 AM

So, am I guaranteed a ticket to the moon if I buy knto thi one?
noise23

View Profile
July 29, 2019, 07:40:15 PM

Block spacing: 90 Sec
40 x 24 = 960 blocks max every day.
Since rewards are maxed out we end up with 70.080.000 TRK coins max. every year.
Because of this inflation will go down anyway.

With old 200 TRK max cap it's 960 blocks x 200 coins per day = 192000 coins generated every day - still a huge inflation.
Guns1inger

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 02:52:38 PM

Always remember DECENTRALIZATION..

If you don't agree with the changes, 

DON'T update your wallet.

DEVs are not in control...  miners & "stakers" are.

noise23

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 05:30:58 PM

Absolutely! You can always create a fork by not updating the wallet then dev for it by yourself  Grin

Always remember DECENTRALIZATION..

If you don't agree with the changes, 

DON'T update your wallet.

DEVs are not in control...  miners & "stakers" are.

bitmaster1x2

Activity: 366
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 09:25:17 PM

Don't forget to tip some TRK on Unnamed Exchange to get Truckcoin in more hands and in front of more eyeballs.  Cool

https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/unnamed-exchange/trade/

https://www.crypto-city.com Join us at the Home of the True Crypto Believers!
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 01:51:20 PM

hi y'all

built a new Truck mac wallet Cheesy

only disclaimer is that i built on a brand new dev environment, built on Sierra, so I have no idea about backward compatibility.

if anyone feels like being a guinea pig and reporting on success or failure i would appreciate the feedback Cheesy

truckcoin-qt-MacOS-v2.dmg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IC82nT-xnmO0K65TRb8xPUPTr5dsfWOo

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
noise23

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 06:16:37 PM

hi y'all

built a new Truck mac wallet Cheesy

only disclaimer is that i built on a brand new dev environment, built on Sierra, so I have no idea about backward compatibility.

if anyone feels like being a guinea pig and reporting on success or failure i would appreciate the feedback Cheesy

truckcoin-qt-MacOS-v2.dmg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IC82nT-xnmO0K65TRb8xPUPTr5dsfWOo

Thank you!
Post your TRK address, will send some Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.