Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: where do I place 100k?  (Read 1845 times)
Millzp0 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:14:00 AM

should it be invested in bitcoin and hold?

or

should it be invested in alt coins?

and why or what will make it sustainable via etc vs. alt investment

16B9V1QRCjLvzg676nbagXEtTigfekjwuS
augmentedinvestor

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:16:50 AM

Firstly this depends on your risk tolerance. Without understanding more specifics behind the case (your investment knowledge, trading ability, etc) I would say at a high level best to diversify across a basket of the top 10 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization.

ICOs are exciting, but it is still a nascent territory and you need organizational timing (ensuring you are whitelists), smart execution (selling out of your positions) and be spread across a number of bets (diversification) to make it pay off. Also there is uncertain regulatory and tax compliance risk, depending on your jurisdiction.

Hope this is somewhat helpful, given the limited information you provided Wink
Gigafart

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:19:21 AM

if you want to gamble, there is lots of btc to gain from altcoins. Bitcoin is solid investment though. If I had 100k, I would buy all bitcoin before the fork to get free money. Then, invest in a few ico's/altcoin's after the fork if you want too.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:30:14 AM

or

If you want a safer way to do it, the best way is the bitcoin way. But what currency are you referring to with your 100 thousand? Is it the US dollar? If it is, that is a very large capital for your crypto investment. I guess, the surest way to earn without having to risk a bigger danger is bitcoin. And do not buy or sell that. I would rather have you hodl them until it will more than double in amount.
thinkdifferent

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

ASK ME FOR LOANS

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:36:14 AM

or

If you want a safer way to do it, the best way is the bitcoin way. But what currency are you referring to with your 100 thousand? Is it the US dollar? If it is, that is a very large capital for your crypto investment. I guess, the surest way to earn without having to risk a bigger danger is bitcoin. And do not buy or sell that. I would rather have you hodl them until it will more than double in amount.

I think some portion need to use for a trading person if person knowing how to do trading and some portion of investments can be held for long term.

ASK ME FOR LOANS
Morchid

Activity: 586
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:37:46 AM

or

I personally think altcoins would be a better bet. Yes, Bitcoin Fork is coming this November but you can only make a few extra with that. In the other hand there's a chance you can make your investment 5x or more times its value in shorter time period. I personally am investing in DeepOnion. I really believe this will be the next Monero/Dash type anonymous cryptocurrency.

The community is also strong which is what I believe will make it more successful. It already beat the record on the most popular thread in shortest timespan in BTC history.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:45:47 AM

or

What currency dl you have? If its in US Dollars that's a big investment to start trading. My opinion would be hold 60% in Bitcoin and the rest would be traded in altcoins. You can earn big money for that much for an investment.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:47:40 AM

or

Since a new hard fork is comming, in my opinion, better invest it in bitcoin than altcoins. Altcoins now are almost down and we don't know if it will go down continually so better invest now in BTC.
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 01:48:08 AM

just remember, bitcoin price always grow up in every year, so you can invested, and hold it.
for altcoin, you cant invest to eth, because eth price so far so good.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:49:22 AM

Firstly this depends on your risk tolerance. Without understanding more specifics behind the case (your investment knowledge, trading ability, etc) I would say at a high level best to diversify across a basket of the top 10 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization.

ICOs are exciting, but it is still a nascent territory and you need organizational timing (ensuring you are whitelists), smart execution (selling out of your positions) and be spread across a number of bets (diversification) to make it pay off. Also there is uncertain regulatory and tax compliance risk, depending on your jurisdiction.

Hope this is somewhat helpful, given the limited information you provided Wink

I agree. So basically if you are thinking of holding, then go fot Bitcoins and othe top cryptocurrencies. This is if you will invest to cryptocurrencies alone. But if you consider other investments, your money can ba diversified and the risk will be minimized. Cryptocurrencies are exciting but the government do not fully accept it. So dont put everything into it. Try other investments like real estate, stocks or bonds.
hitlab

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:50:37 AM

I would say bitcoin. The important thing is to buy small amounts at a time spread over a period of time. eg around $1000 a day. Bitcoin is at all time highs, personally I would average in to reduce risk.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:51:53 AM

or

100K is a big amount to invest. Are you willing to risk it all in the market though?

If I have that kind of money, I would invest most of it into bitcoin and just hodl on it. And they diversity your poftfoliio on altcoins like ETH, XRP,  XEM, ETC, LTC. So at least you have some contingency on your end. Alt is good for short term investment, so you can go and play with it as long as you can see profit at the end of the day. And as long as your making profit and hodling bitcoin for long term you will be on the safe side. I guess there is risk involved, but if you have an entry and exit plan specially in altcoin, you can mitigate it.

plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:03:51 AM

or

The best decision is to set up a portfolio and do not put all your investment in one coin, there are a lot of promising coin in the market that can you invest in but be sure to pick the top 3 first like bitcoin ethereum and ripple
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:20:27 AM

it depends on how are you gonna invest and how many time are you willing to invest in managing your investment
but the wisely portfolios i've seen is they diversify bitcoin and altcoins 50% bitcoin long term and 50% altcoins
we all know that bitcoin will always get high and its smart to buy when its really low then we keep it long term for capital appreciation
in altcoins the 50% is divided for long term altcoins who have active developers and team this depends on the perspective of the investor
on how will they split his coins but for me at least 50% of your altcoins must be in long term and for short term 30% and scalping on the remaining 20%..

i hope this helps for those who are investing at this moment you also may do share your ideas.. Smiley
cere

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:31:49 AM

I think bitcoin is good safe haven,
small cap coins for huge gains.  but riskier
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:19:59 AM

Bitcoin has a better chance than altcoin in price movements and the benefits of the movement, if you have done research on this you must know. However some altcoin look more powerful and stable, that's make us confused to choose. If I have $ 100K like you, I would prefer to split it in some assets like: 50% BTC, 30% altcoin, 20% ICO investment. And don't forget to do some research first, because you have to choose an altcoins are really profitable.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:32:36 AM

you should invest in bitcoin not in altcoins, when the bitcoin price will go up then the prices of altcoins will be dump, but if you want to invest in altcoin only invest a new altcoin that has a potential to increase. I prefer invest bitcoin because for me bitcoin is for long term investment.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:37:49 AM

- Wait for some week you might get some cheap bitcoins after hardfork.
- Don't invest all your 100k in bitcoin, try to diversify your holding.
- Buy different alts like ETH, ETC, XMR, LTC which are still cheap and can grow big in near future.
- Don't buy any alts at peak price like bitcoin right now which is quite pumped right now due to hardfork hype.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:17:37 AM

Invest now in bitcoin and other altcoin like etherium or other.
100 key is not small money so use it wisely.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:50:36 AM

My opinion where do you place the 100k. Place your money in mining bitcoin and Bitcoin Signature more excellent to invest in the bitcoin more than the other like altcoin and others.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: