Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:39:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723558 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
urwhatuknow

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:59:26 AM

Beware: Bitfinex is now using a TAIWAN bank.

CATHAY UNITED BANK, 3/F, No 65, Guan Chien Rd, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC

Official BFX story from https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/announcements

"Please note that the deposit bank has changed. All verified customers can find the new bank details on the deposit page.

Wires sent to our previous bank accounts starting from tomorrow may be returned"

Anyone know if this bank is safe?
I don't anything about the bank, but this is clearly a sign of increased risk on the customers side. This is the third banking change in a few months which is alarming.
The second concern I have is no reason for the change was given, which forces us to assume the reason is a negative one.  We are dealing with money here and we must demand the most up to date and accurate information.   Secondly they didn't post a notice here on the forum.
Please someone from Bitfinex explain the reason for the sudden change of banks.

I really don't want to sound rude, especially after some absence from writing on this thread, but sometimes I wonder if people read or don't read the news.

In the last days I believe it was almost impossible to read anything related to Cryptocurrencies without running into an article about how China is closing down on BTC.
Some Chinese platforms already announced they will shut down their operations and almost all the others said they will relocate somewhere else.

We at Bitfinex are proud of having a reputation for always acting proactively in the best interest of our customers.

Let me remind you that we decided to pull out of MtGox 9 months before it imploded.
At that time we were surrounded by critics and we suffered some volume losses because some people didn't believe trading there was risky and took their business somewhere else.
Time proved we were right in our assumption.

Based on the same approach we decided to open up a new relationship with a Taiwanese bank that offers the best guarantee to protect your funds in this moment.
We will relentlessly open new bank accounts all over the world, with banks that show to understand the ingenuity of Bitcoin and do not simply stick their head under the sand.
Even if we all know Hong Kong is not China, it is better for us to start looking around in order to get multiple licensing in various jurisdictions around the world that are in this moment proving to be more positive about this new technology.

Be reassured the Bitfinex management team will always put the customer security first.

I hope this helps

Thank you and have a good day

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 08:26:28 AM

Excellent.  Thank you.
wilfried

Activity: 288

ManualMiner

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:29:30 AM

anyone got an explanation for that crazy bot buying high, selling low 0,01 chunks ?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 06:29:59 PM

What's the current status on BitFinex verification process? Is 2 ID's (for some reason) still required? What if 1 only owns a passport?
Kinda weird to asume that everyone have $$ to pay for a drivers license.

Staff, is 2 ID's mandatory or not?

I don't know which country you live in, but most have a national ID and a passport.

Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:38:00 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 06:51:17 PM by Dalmar

I was just glossing over the speakers of the Bitcoin 2014 event in Amsterdam and noticed Bitfinex isn't represented.

http://bitcoin2014.com/#speakers

How come Bitfinex does not attend major bitcoin events when they are the 2nd largest BTC-USD exchange? Even Kraken and BTCChina who are much smaller tend to go to these conferences. I can understand why anonymous BTC-e wouldn't go to these places, but why does Bitfinex not have a more public presence?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
urwhatuknow

Activity: 446

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:52:48 PM

I was just looking at the speakers of the Bitcoin 2014 event in Amsterdam and noticed Bitfinex isn't represented.

http://bitcoin2014.com/#speakers

How come Bitfinex does not attend major bitcoin events when they are the 2nd largest USD exchange? Even Kraken and BTCChina who are much smaller tend to go to these conferences. I can understand why anonymous BTC-e wouldn't go to these places, but why does Bitfinex not have a more public presence?

We will be attending the conference, but our company policy doesn't allow us to speak in public or to give interviews until when the regulatory framework will be a little less uncertain.
Keeping a low profile and focusing on our customer's experience has been paying well so far, as our marketshare has been increasing thru the last months.
We believe happy customers word of mouth to be a much more powerful way to get good advertisement than a lot of media exposure.

I hope that this helps

Thanks and have a good morning/afternoon/evening

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:59:21 PM

We will be attending the conference, but our company policy doesn't allow us to speak in public or to give interviews until when the regulatory framework will be a little less uncertain.
Keeping a low profile and focusing on our customer's experience has been paying well so far, as our marketshare has been increasing thru the last months.
We believe happy customers word of mouth to be a much more powerful way to get good advertisement than a lot of media exposure.

I hope that this helps

Thanks and have a good morning/afternoon/evening

Giancarlo
Bitfinex Team

Thanks for clearing that up.  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
birr

Activity: 868
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:23:55 PM

Also, regarding verification, Bitfinex requests a utility bill or phone bill.
I have no utility bills, so I must use a phone bill.  Does it matter whether the bill comes from a legacy landline provider, or a cellular provider?
I actually have two phone bills, one is for a flip phone (voice) and the other is a tablet (data).  But I don't use a traditional landline telephone.
BitBits

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:44:25 PM

Also, regarding verification, Bitfinex requests a utility bill or phone bill.
I have no utility bills, so I must use a phone bill.  Does it matter whether the bill comes from a legacy landline provider, or a cellular provider?
I actually have two phone bills, one is for a flip phone (voice) and the other is a tablet (data).  But I don't use a traditional landline telephone.
Utility bill is for address verification, so it doesn't matter which.

Empty
bjornw

Activity: 152

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:37:12 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 07:32:58 AM by bjornw

Just came across this post at reddit, thought you might find it intresting as well:
Bitfinex Swap Rate Manupulation 101

At 15.25 UTC someone took a BTC Swap of ~2000 BTC pushing Bitfinex BTC Swap rates to 0.99% per day: (Exhibit A) https://i.imgur.com/AKTJ1cQ.png) and (Exhibit B) https://i.imgur.com/22cBkAt.png

Within a hour the swap was closed (see Exhibit A https://i.imgur.com/AKTJ1cQ.png). But strangely no margin trade of ~2k BTC was done during the time the swap was active. See here (Exhibit C) https://i.imgur.com/696xtZi.png
(The 24h Bitfinex BTC volume is only ~1900 BTC!).

So what happened here? someone made a mistake? probably not. Look at this:

Because of this transaction FRR rose to 0.11239 % per day (= average rate on all active BTC Swaps, this is the rate most margin traders will take swaps for) and stayed at that rate for 4 hours now (was 0.03274 before this transaction…) (Exhibit D) https://i.imgur.com/oSb7G7H.png

Shortly after closing the swap, someone added a bunch of Swap offers ( ~2000 BTC worth) to the Bitfinex Lendbook @ 0.1122 % (FRR) per day  at 17.04 UTC.  (Exhibit E) https://i.imgur.com/1zqHChf.png (I checked the bitfinex api)

So First take a 2K Swap -> Swap rate rises close to 1 % per day -> FRR rises to ~0.11 -> close the Swap -> offer the same 2K BTC at FRR (0.1122%) and have them active for a few hours, or maybe days. You probably make more than it had cost you to pull of this action...

Charts from http://charts-bfxdata.rhcloud.com

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/25hfx8/bitfinex_swap_rate_manupulation_101/
This was posted yesterday, BTC FRR remained @ ~0.11 for the last 12 hours, just starting to decline again a bit...

http://www.bfxdata.com Bitfinex Swap (Lending) Charts and Orderbook pages. Bitfinex referrer code UttOzlC1zZ (10% fee discount for 30 days)
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:36:13 AM

A bit difficult to pull off, if you don't already have a lot of FRR BTC loans out there - they take quite a while to be re-taken in BTC as there is huge volume available at FRR. Also you have to pay interest on that 2k loan (0.99% per day for 1 hour = 0.825 BTC!). Not that I'm going to complain, FRRs are far too low on any market anyways, still it is a bit hard to profit from that doubling in FRR without having at least a few hundred coins extra already in FRR loans.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
bjornw

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 08:57:28 AM

A bit difficult to pull off, if you don't already have a lot of FRR BTC loans out there - they take quite a while to be re-taken in BTC as there is huge volume available at FRR. Also you have to pay interest on that 2k loan (0.99% per day for 1 hour = 0.825 BTC!). Not that I'm going to complain, FRRs are far too low on any market anyways, still it is a bit hard to profit from that doubling in FRR without having at least a few hundred coins extra already in FRR loans.

maybe there were a lot of offers at low rates when these 2K BTCs were swapped, can't check anymore, but roughly the rate this person payed on the 2k swap for 1 hour will be in the middle between 0.03% (rate before the swap) and 0.99 (after the swap) so ~0.51% so only 0.412 BTC (maybe even less if there was a large amount of low rate swap offers). so if this person had a lot of FRR swaps open a profit isn't out of the question I think.

I think short margin traders will be a bit less happy with this doubling in FRR rate, although it is returning back to 'normal' as I write this.

http://www.bfxdata.com Bitfinex Swap (Lending) Charts and Orderbook pages. Bitfinex referrer code UttOzlC1zZ (10% fee discount for 30 days)
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:23:36 AM

Not very hard to pull off by the way, since you do NOT need 2k BTC to do this, only ~1 BTC to cover the interest. The 2k BTC that were posted at FRR later are not related to the 2k BTC that were being borrowed before. This is a usual strategy to kick out people with low interest rate offers that do not have Autorenew active.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
BitBits

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:51:37 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 11:04:01 AM by BitBits

One technically cannot post any swap offer at Bitfinex, if there is not enough funds on the account to back such offer. This used to be possible in early days, but not today.

Empty
bjornw

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:10:43 AM

This is a usual strategy to kick out people with low interest rate offers that do not have Autorenew active.

could well be, Still you need 800 BTC in your account, right (2.5 leverage) as BitBits suggested

Gambiman

Activity: 389

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:32:31 PM

I have sent e-mails to compliance and support but no answer yet... When I want to verify account I have an error message saying that documents are missing or in wrong format (ID, KYC form etc...) They are all in pdf or jpeg as stated at the end of the verification page.. How come this is happening?

Still nothing.. It's been quite a while now. Anyone from support?

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
BitBits

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:28:26 PM

I have sent e-mails to compliance and support but no answer yet... When I want to verify account I have an error message saying that documents are missing or in wrong format (ID, KYC form etc...) They are all in pdf or jpeg as stated at the end of the verification page.. How come this is happening?

Still nothing.. It's been quite a while now. Anyone from support?
Sounds like something on your side. Try clearing your web browser's cache and cookies (Google this), restart the browser and then try again. Do such cleaning often.

Empty
richardweiming

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:37:31 AM

Any support here?
Why stop using your HSBC account then switch to a nobody know taiwan bank?
You HSBC account is banned by government? Can you give an explaination?
8fold

Activity: 391

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:37:51 AM

Any support here?
Why stop using your HSBC account then switch to a nobody know taiwan bank?
You HSBC account is banned by government? Can you give an explaination?

See here.

Bitrated user: 8fold.
DoubleSwapper

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:57:34 PM

Does somebody have any idea about why the swap rate keeps exploding like this? We were at like 0.065 and in seconds it increases over sixfold? This has happen in the past and looks very, very artificial to me. Could it simply be liquidity drying up or is there more to it? Someone has posted about possible manipulation of the btc frr rate. Is this happening to USD as well?
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: