Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:40:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do manage portfolio efficiently while having a full time job?  (Read 3155 times)
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 02:43:10 PM

I do manage my portfolio efficiently while having a full time job by just going for long term investment within my portfolio, and the best example is buying a bitcoin because i don't need to put a lot of time and effort just to monitor it everyday that i can only do it weekly or monthly.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 04:33:04 PM

I suggest that you go easy on trading, but rather start investing. Think of them like shares on a stock market, you invest on some conpany because you believe in their future success. Same applies to cryptocurrency, you should start looking in the long term, but still must be updated of the latest trends and news regarding cryptocurrencies. In that way, you minimize the stress brought by dumps, have more time to do your job and to relax a little bit, and just sell when you think it won't go higher anymore.
I also believe in the pairing of investments into crypto currencies as well as in real life investment markets or fiat/ conventional investments such as stock market, real estate etc. pairing up of these two readily increases the chances of profit and decrease probability of losses. 70 to 60% of your investment money shall go in bitcoin and rest you can go with conventional market.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 04:47:19 PM

By having a weekday 9-5 job, i must say my eyes aren't that keen anymore for trends and hardly made any good decision on buying/selling alts. Basically what i did is:

Weekdays: Coinalarm app to observe my portfolio real time but it's far less efficient and responsive to market movement, Slack and Telegram app are linked as well but still is very difficult to process insightful information while in working mood. 

Weekends: More active than usual but time is limited  Undecided

Any opinions or suggestion to improve my current situation?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english  Sad

Stop doing trading and just invest and hodl for a long term, as long as you have this kind of situation, you will mismanage your portfolio and this is not good for your investment, just pick the right coin and hodl it, we all know there is a huge rewards hodling good coins.
luckyflop

Activity: 812
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 04:54:56 PM

If you are having a full time 9-5 job then best for you is to do long term investment and refrain from day trading. As trading requires you to it whole day in front of your laptop, looking for gains. I have a job also, I only buy when market is at dip and hold. for me seeing the market once in a day for 5 to 10 minutes is enough.
It is most of the choice of those who have the main job outside. Just like you, every day I only look and watch the market for about 30 minutes is enough because I choose to invest in the medium and long term. It does not take up too much of my time during the day and I still guarantee a profit when making such investment
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 05:41:38 AM

If you could automate what you are looking for in a coin then the job gets easier. You just have a list of what you want from a coin and if there is a coin you see that hits those targets you will be capable of buying it, if it doesn't then you won't, if any of the coins you already have goes out of that list you sell it. It is really simple if you have a rigid trading pattern and very strong list of requirements for you to have a certain coin in your portfolio.

But, like everyone said, having a long term plan is much better if you do not have proper time. During the time I first got married I was just holding bitcoin and nothing else and just hold it because it was really a busy time with work and marriage and preparing for the wedding and house and so forth.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 05:45:21 AM

What I do is that I prefer swing trading or medium term trading along with day job. The reason being such trades need less attention every day or every hour. I am usually active at weekend. But I do keep a watch over the price while working. I have kept notification system for the stop loss or some uneven price change which keeps me updated and I don't need to check my phone again and again.

Also, because of my day job, I keep on putting some extra money monthly from my salary with that I have grown my portfolio gradually.
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 07:01:32 AM

If you are having a full time 9-5 job then best for you is to do long term investment and refrain from day trading. As trading requires you to it whole day in front of your laptop, looking for gains. I have a job also, I only buy when market is at dip and hold. for me seeing the market once in a day for 5 to 10 minutes is enough.
It is most of the choice of those who have the main job outside. Just like you, every day I only look and watch the market for about 30 minutes is enough because I choose to invest in the medium and long term. It does not take up too much of my time during the day and I still guarantee a profit when making such investment
Likewise with me where I prefer to invest long term, so that not much time is needed to analyze, sometimes even in a day I do not monitor the market, because my goal is indeed for the long term. but back again to the style of each person to make money from cryptocurrency

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1128

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 11:28:30 AM

Likewise with me where I prefer to invest long term, so that not much time is needed to analyze, sometimes even in a day I do not monitor the market, because my goal is indeed for the long term. but back again to the style of each person to make money from cryptocurrency
It depends because each person is different in regards to their own vacant times and work situations where there are workers that can still able to access net
and can able to trade but it all matters on what you are dealing with as said it will be either for long or short term.If you dont like to get hassled
while you work then you prefer on just simply holding than minding yourself on doing trades but profitability comparison then shorter ones is much more better.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 04:01:30 PM

There is really no reason to have your eyes on your portfolio all the time, just buy some good coins with just a little amount and then focus on your job and other things you would like to do. Before you invest in any coin is good that you do analysis of that coin and understand what's likely to happen in the next few months or so, that way you can determine how long you will be holding it in your wallet.

Bitcoin is already a good choice, and others are Ethereum, Ripple and other top coins you can find in the market, though they have been kind of disappointing, except BTC. Just invest in a good coin and you can chill till the right time.
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1414
Merit: 358

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 09:01:36 AM

There is really no reason to have your eyes on your portfolio all the time, just buy some good coins with just a little amount and then focus on your job and other things you would like to do. Before you invest in any coin is good that you do analysis of that coin and understand what's likely to happen in the next few months or so, that way you can determine how long you will be holding it in your wallet.

Bitcoin is already a good choice, and others are Ethereum, Ripple and other top coins you can find in the market, though they have been kind of disappointing, except BTC. Just invest in a good coin and you can chill till the right time.
If you want to build a solid portfolio then make sure that you will buy potential coins. What do I mean potential coins? It is the coin that are not easy dump and can survive in the market. I also have a full time job but monitoring is not my problem because I bought the best coin in the market. As a momentum trader, I can make profit even if I have day job but sometimes I also lose because losses are inevitable.
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 09:58:29 AM

By having a weekday 9-5 job, i must say my eyes aren't that keen anymore for trends and hardly made any good decision on buying/selling alts. Basically what i did is:

Weekdays: Coinalarm app to observe my portfolio real time but it's far less efficient and responsive to market movement, Slack and Telegram app are linked as well but still is very difficult to process insightful information while in working mood. 

Weekends: More active than usual but time is limited  Undecided

Any opinions or suggestion to improve my current situation?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english  Sad
I also got a lot of similar questions from my friends when they were learning to trade. then my answer is that you should decide which job you want to stick with the longest and which one makes you feel happiest and most comfortable. If your full-time job is putting pressure and making your everyday life boring, you should quit. Trading is one of the jobs that requires perseverance, patience, a clear mind to analyze the market as best as possible. so you can only do it well when you are fully focused on it.
This is not textbook, I've been through this. In the past, I used to work partime and trade to pay for fees. But the result is that both jobs are not productive. we should just choose one. Wink

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████