Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:34:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin - game over  (Read 8954 times)
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:24:29 PM

It's been very quite recently as far as it concerns the bitcoin.
After the big headlines in the news papers, the buzz is over.
I don't see many people are trading bitcoin for goods.

Ya, because whenever I try to buy something with BitCoin I get SCAMMED.

BitCoin is USELESS FOR THE AVERAGE, EVERYDAY PERSON! Now people's response to this growing use of scams in trades is "use an escrow". THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF BITCOIN, TO USE AN ESCROW! What good is it if you HAVE to use an escrow.

Not to mention:
http://www.coindesk.com/200-million-credit-card-fraud-highlights-bitcoins-security/

IT IS DEAD

You change your tone a lot FUD-meister? why did you just add $10,000 to an exchange?? Tongue

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:44:25 PM

OMG the sky is falling!!!
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 05:46:32 PM

it was at 87 a few weeks ago and bounced back to 130.  I'm sure you said it was "game over" then too.  If you say that every time it drops, you will be right eventually but wrong every other time of course.

this!

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:51:24 PM

it was at 87 a few weeks ago and bounced back to 130.  I'm sure you said it was "game over" then too.  If you say that every time it drops, you will be right eventually but wrong every other time of course.

this!

this!

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 06:16:45 PM

value dropping like a rock.... Cry

Value or Price?

The bitcoin game isn't even close to being over until we reach level 21 (and it continues to get more interesting for a long while after that, in theory). We've not long completed level 10...

Lower prices might actually provide opportunities for the masses to buy into Bitcoin once again. Even if Bitcoin hit say $5 a coin, that might actually be a good thing long-term.

The opportunity to buy into any stock with known extreme volitiity at a low price should make it an attractive proposition for anyone and not just investors.

At lower prices Bitcoin is better as a currency. At higher prices it becomes more of a commodity. The correct balance will hopefully be established someday, price stability is important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwy5kgwvzE4

*Sings* The Proudhon Song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuFy0fcuw

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:59:58 PM

this!

this!
this!
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:22:35 PM

this!

this!
this!

this!

BTC: 16whd9eNR8WY9nVhUUevNYMbQB2eS1jtYF
I also accept precious metals, no paper money please.
nviere

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:21:40 PM

this!

this!
this!

this!

this!
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:43:33 PM

this!

this!
this!

this!

this!
C-C-C-COMBOBREAKERRRRR!!!!11!!1
AliceWonder

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:54:51 PM

it is not game over, but it is not time to buy or hold. based on all the fundamentals, bitcoin is worth  A LOT LESS than 94x the dollar. Until oil(or major commodity) is sold for bitcoin, this is a speculative price that has no basis in reality.

I also think a bitcoin can be worth 0 dollars and still not be game over.

1 bitcoin can be worth 1 barrel of oil.

a dollar is worthless. . . a bitcoin is a global currency and is worth way more than 200 dollars.

Currency only has value if you can actually buy things.
Other than gambling and drugs, there isn't much you can currently buy with bitcoins.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:56:21 PM

Me: Bitcoin is cool!
95% of my facebook friends: What's Bitcoin?

What big headlines? The media has no idea.

Oh hai, nice avatar Wink

and yes there has been some news hype but most people have no clue. People eating burgers in one of the places accepting Bitcoin the Berlin Bitcoin Kiez had no idea, how informed do we suppose the general population to be?

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 09:05:27 PM

it is not game over, but it is not time to buy or hold. based on all the fundamentals, bitcoin is worth  A LOT LESS than 94x the dollar. Until oil(or major commodity) is sold for bitcoin, this is a speculative price that has no basis in reality.

a dollar is worthless. . . a bitcoin is a global currency and is worth way more than 200 dollars.

Other than gambling and drugs, there isn't much you can currently buy with bitcoins.

You can buy pretty much anything with bitcoins right now thanks to bitspend, gyft, etc.

Also, WHERE IS YOUR IMAGINATION? Bitcoin adoption is constantly growing. Don't look at how bitcoins work today, think about how the world will look with bitcoins tomorrow. That's how investing works, you buy an asset that you think will be valuable in the future.

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:10:04 PM

this!
this!
this!
this!
this!
this!
this!

plus game isn't even over under 30$.
at some point we have less speculation because of small gain in profit and it will stabilize more which is good for actual market growth.

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:14:33 PM

You can buy pretty much anything with bitcoins right now thanks to bitspend, gyft, etc.

Well no, thanks to Gyft i can convert Bitcoin into currency i can buy stuff with.  You're saying "You can buy pretty much anything with bitcoins cows right now thanks to gyft cattle auctions, etc."

Also, WHERE IS YOUR IMAGINATION? Bitcoin adoption is constantly growing. Don't look at how bitcoins work today, think about how the world will look with bitcoins tomorrow. That's how investing works, you buy an asset that you think will be valuable in the future.

The cool thing about real money is you don't need any imagination.  If imagination bought stuff, i wouldn't need Bitcoin. Cheesy
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:23:30 PM

Reloading a saved game...  Wink

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:27:28 PM

Reloading a saved game...  Wink

Lucky.  I can't save -- this is a crippled demo.
AliceWonder

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:43:21 PM

Adoption isn't really growing if businesses don't take it. Speculation is growing and that's dangerous, look at the dot.com bust.

Bitcoin needs businesses that use it.

My imagination is in making that happen. Building a business that exclusively takes bitcoins. Providing a place for people to spend it on stuff they normally purchase with cash or credit cards.

There aren't enough of those places, and by providing such a place I very well may profit far more than any Bitcoin value speculation. The Bitcoin value speculation ship has sailed. Some money can be made, sure, but the huge profits - those days are gone. Why do you think so many alt currencies are popping up? People trying to do what they can't do in Bitcoin anymore.

We need easier safe ways to get bitcoin, exchanges that operate in the United States and comply with US law, better documentation, clients that aren't confusing to non-penguins.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 10:29:47 PM

Adoption isn't really growing if businesses don't take it. Speculation is growing and that's dangerous, look at the dot.com bust.

Bitcoin needs businesses that use it.

My imagination is in making that happen. Building a business that exclusively takes bitcoins. Providing a place for people to spend it on stuff they normally purchase with cash or credit cards.

There aren't enough of those places, and by providing such a place I very well may profit far more than any Bitcoin value speculation. The Bitcoin value speculation ship has sailed. Some money can be made, sure, but the huge profits - those days are gone. Why do you think so many alt currencies are popping up? People trying to do what they can't do in Bitcoin anymore.

We need easier safe ways to get bitcoin, exchanges that operate in the United States and comply with US law, better documentation, clients that aren't confusing to non-penguins.

+1

but it's good that bubbles keep popping, at some point the hole pot is cooking.
everything right now feels like the beginning of the internet.
Small startups, slow growth that couldn't keep up with the huge specualtion bubble.
But think of developement of companies like google or facebook right now.
I wonder if some day we will see a bitcoin-based company starts selling shares at a regular stockexchange.
that would be a nice paradox Smiley.

Blaztoize
Donator

Activity: 196

My posts are seldom static, but always readable :)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:13:02 AM

Someone apparently cannot infer. Read the damn article (in it's entirety) and connect the dots in order to see my point, you rainbow-tailed dandy. If you need it laid out for you, then you don't belong here IMHO.

Off-topic: God I hate 'TL;DR' with a burning passion. Get out of here with that shit.

Bye now.

Pokédex: The jets of water it spouts from the rocket cannons on its shell can punch through thick steel.
BTC: 1Pt2zKYL1CzgqoWy2gETLrqZhWTQSziVno
As of July 2015, I'm back! Currently working on building trust.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:04:21 AM

Everytime there is a slight Bitcoin movement, we have doomsayer predicting the demise of Bitcoin.  Bitcoin has survived quite a lot of such fluctuations, hacking, whatever.  But it is getting stronger and stronger.   Just look at the growth of Bitcointalk and you can see the number of those interested in Bitcoin has increased a lot.  Bitcoin Game Not Over.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: