Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:46:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I get free Bitcoin gold?  (Read 2372 times)
ballerrr (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:35:33 AM

Is there a particular exchange I should have my bitcoin on in order to get bitcoin gold after the fork ? Currently my Bitcoin is on Coinbase but of course they haven't decided what they are going to do. Should I move my bitcoin to poloniex or another exchange?

Thanks!
Intensity

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:46:32 AM

You want to move your coins to a wallet that you control the key. Electrum, jaxx, etc... Keeping your coins on an exchange or online wallet is risky, and you have no guarantee what can happen with them. And pretty much any wallet you have the key for should allow you to receive/transfer Bitcoin gold in November.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:07:19 AM

Is there a particular exchange I should have my bitcoin on in order to get bitcoin gold after the fork ? Currently my Bitcoin is on Coinbase but of course they haven't decided what they are going to do. Should I move my bitcoin to poloniex or another exchange?

Thanks!
As i know like BCH, you just need to keep your btc in your wallet but not exchange wallet and you will get BItcoin gold free after fork.
Some of exchange also offer the same too but  ot all exchange.
ballerrr (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:14:46 AM

Thanks!
As i know like BCH, you just need to keep your btc in your wallet but not exchange wallet and you will get BItcoin gold free after fork.
Some of exchange also offer the same too but  ot all exchange.

What wallet should I use? The bitcoin gold website doesn't say anything explicitly
kubercoin

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:52:47 AM

yobit ann abt bitcoin gold.. I recommend you to send your btc to paperwallet and don't do transactions on 25th
lincolnmad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:58:14 AM

Thanks!

First thing you need to do is find the information is that exchanges support the fork or not, if yes then just stored your bitcoins on that exchanges. After the fork done, you will get your bitcoin gold in your account. I don't know is coinbase support the bitcoin gold or not, so just go find exchanges or wallets that support the fork and move your coins there.
kelly153

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:58:56 AM

just keep your bitcoin  in your QT wallet, and take care your private key!
when bitcoin gold is forked complete, download  their wallet and import your private key then you can get your bitcoin gold!
ticterine

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:59:55 AM

Hasn't the fork already occurred? I thought they were premining it before officially releasing to the public.
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:00:45 AM

Thanks!
For you able to get free bitcoin gold you just have to sign up at bitcoin talk forum and then answer the questions that they have and from that they will give you free bitcoin gold in exchange to the effort that you did for them. Bitcoin talk forum is quite challenging but it doesn't need so much time and effort. You can be productive in here.
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:13:18 AM

you can buy bitcoin and send it to yobit or hitbtc, because this exchange provides free bitcoin gold from hold bitcoin. but it's a 70 hour countdown from yesterday, soon you buy if you want free BTG
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:41:02 AM

If you want to get bitcoin gold now, you shoud move it now.
Better you move it other wallet that you own your key. Its more safe then exchange wallet.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:04:50 AM

You want to move your coins to a wallet that you control the key. Electrum, jaxx, etc... Keeping your coins on an exchange or online wallet is risky, and you have no guarantee what can happen with them. And pretty much any wallet you have the key for should allow you to receive/transfer Bitcoin gold in November.
Bitcoin is not going to be destroyed from the world. Excluding exchanges, wallets are safe and there is no risk holding bitcoin in secure online wallets.
Even if some wallets do not support bitcoin gold, your newly born assets are still safe. You will be able to extract bitcoin gold by later transferring bitcoins to any other wallet that supports it. Bitcoin gold remains attached to your bitcoins until you detach them.
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:12:01 AM

is there any official statement that say this fork will create a new bitcoin named bitcoin gold like bitcoin cash? and when this fork will happen?
ballerrr (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:18:42 AM

If you want to get bitcoin gold now, you shoud move it now.
Better you move it other wallet that you own your key. Its more safe then exchange wallet.

Is Electrum a good wallet to store bitcoin in order to get bitcoin gold?
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:22:30 AM

I am keeping my BTC in a Bitcoin Core wallet on my desktop so I am guessing that is fine for the BCG airdop.

Is there any info to add another coin into the wallet?

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:53:01 AM

There is no such thing as "free". The price of BTC is only where it is because you get a "free" BTG coin. So you are in fact really paying for it.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:14:23 AM

Thanks!
YOu can try to use binance exchange to get your bitcoin gold just try to visit the main thread or the discussion thread of the binance exchange and you can see some of the latest announcement regarding the bitcoin gold support.
Ains_sama

Activity: 608

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:37:05 AM

I give the information in facbook, any three exchange for give your Bitcoin gold, that is to exchange Bitflyer, yobit, HitBTC. You can move your bitcoin in this exchange, and hold to your get free bitcoin gold.
dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:56:45 AM

I give the information in facbook, any three exchange for give your Bitcoin gold, that is to exchange Bitflyer, yobit, HitBTC. You can move your bitcoin in this exchange, and hold to your get free bitcoin gold.
good news if anyone can accommodate the bitcoin gold, but this is still fity fifty,
whether later there will be bitcoin gold or not
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:58:04 AM

Thanks!

Best to wait for any announcement from coinbase on what their plans are for this coming hardfork. I fortunately receievd by bcc last aug by keeping the btcs i have in my yobit wallet though as many would tell, that's quite risky and it would be your call.if you want to make the same risk

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: