Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:18:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why economists say Bitcoin a bubble  (Read 3876 times)
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:47:35 AM

I talk to big economists they say Is only a Bubble my thought Is no bitcoin Is revolution of economy even doesnt have a background like gold the value Is power of the people what do you think?
A large part of economists which says that, don't know what bitcoin is
Bitcoin is not a bubble and such people really don’t know anything about this. What is reality that is just opposite this statement of theirs’? And like you said, they actually don’t know really what bitcoins and what is this all about. They are from the old economic world who don’t want to adopt the newness of financial world. Still, hope they will learn and see the reality.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aleksabat

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:09:34 AM

The bubble it is something which has no real value under itself. Bitcoin doesn't have it. It only has some value in minds. So yes it is a bubble

Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:39:49 AM

Economists consider Bitcoin as a Bubble due to the sudden rise and fall in value of Bitcoin or in one word highly volatile factor. I think Bitcoin being highly volatile due to which it is considered that it will act like a bubble and burst creating problem in the Economy. But it is not true Bitcoin vale is determined by buy and sell orders and forming a bubble like situation is hard to happen.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 09:57:50 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2017, 10:16:49 AM by deisik

The bubble it is something which has no real value under itself. Bitcoin doesn't have it. It only has some value in minds. So yes it is a bubble

Strictly speaking, this is not quite so

Bitcoin certainly has value as a payment system in and of itself or, at least, it had some before other cryptocurrencies sprang up, which are more efficient and innovative than Bitcoin. And this is not something which you can easily write off. There is a need for a decentralized payment system given that the Internet has taken over nearly every sphere of human activity. Though I agree that this real value, or utility if you please, doesn't quite match its current price, but there is still a hope. I mean, mostly for other cryptocurrencies that are more efficient and not so outdated as Bitcoin

p i e c e

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:59:45 AM

Yes, Warren Buffett, famous American economist really called recently Bitcoin a bubble. He said that it is absolutely impossible to evaluate BTC, since it is not an asset that has value, and never easy to predict its value, which changes so often.

But problem is that all banks is bubble also!!!!!
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:43:14 AM

Nobody can say for sure, for now you should have a war chest and invest using common sense. At least for this transition period
For sure bitcoin is not the bubble and they haters and the rumors are spreading the news like this so it is not good to listen to them and acting upon what they are putting in our mind I hope in the future all the investors will buy the bitcoin and they will prove that the best ever currency is the bitcoin and the price will also go high and the bitcoins has the large potential for the jobless people as well
"For sure not a bubble" is just as naive a statement as "for sure a bubble". Fact is, nobody knows what is going to happen.
There is no reason to deny this fact that no one out of us actually knows what is going to happen in the coming days as future is very much unpredictable. As far as bitcoin is concerned, I really don’t think so that bitcoin is bubble. Yes, bitcoin is very much volatile in nature but this certainly doesn’t mean that it is going to lose its value and that too in the coming days. Bitcoin will continue to make its name.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:50:54 AM

Because they think of it as no value. Unlike gold which is a natural resource of our world. But Bitcoin is an algorithm. It is a system based on Mathematics. So I don't think Bitcoin is bubble. I think they just want that people will be afraid of buying Bitcoin or have negative thoughts about it because they don't want Bitcoin to be superior that they cannot control.
Economists are still preaching old modes and they are not well aware of this coin and those who are saying gold is best aren’t they seen the prices of bitcoin how up they are and gold is now an ornament and one thing is for sure that those economist who are saying it bubble will soon invest into it and it has happened in past and in short bitcoin has taken over the seat of most profiting investment and hatters are jealous.
Since the tie this concept of bitcoin and other crypto currencies has been introduced to this world, the behavior of bitcoin is very much unpredictable. No one out of exactly knows this thing that when the prices are going to increase or going to fall down.

It is very much difficult even for the experts in the field of economics to predict anything about bitcoin. This is just their assumptions and it will prove wrong in the coming days.
Macai

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:08:57 AM

I talk to big economists they say Is only a Bubble my thought Is no bitcoin Is revolution of economy even doesnt have a background like gold the value Is power of the people what do you think?
They say that bitcoin is just like a bubble that soon will disappear but I don't believe them. Many countries is now accepting bitcoin as a means of their payment. This is a big step for every country must also accept bitcoin in transacting.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:02:20 AM

A large part of economists which says that, don't know what bitcoin is
Yes being a new intervention bitcoin is a new thing for the economist and I think that there are a lot of fluctuations found in bitcoin some time it goes to 6000$ and at the starting times the price was less than 500$ which is showing a great fluctuation that’s why economist consider it as bubble.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:14:53 AM

Strictly speaking, this is not quite so

Bitcoin certainly has value as a payment system in and of itself or, at least, it had some before other cryptocurrencies sprang up, which are more efficient and innovative than Bitcoin. And this is not something which you can easily write off. There is a need for a decentralized payment system given that the Internet has taken over nearly every sphere of human activity. Though I agree that this real value, or utility if you please, doesn't quite match its current price, but there is still a hope. I mean, mostly for other cryptocurrencies that are more efficient and not so outdated as Bitcoin
Economists consider Btcs as a bubble but it has no defined worth. It could be near to extinction at one time or get to the highest level of the rating values in the other.

Therefore it has somewhat similar behavior to a bubble due to its volatile nature. The payment method via currency of virtual nature is becoming common day by day and hence it is valuable in the monetary market.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:01:53 PM

In my thought. BTC is indeed getting overbought for, lets just say that BTC is being easier for people to invest money just by using internet. While the economy is being low because it isn't working right for the other people are working the btc instead of helping the community rise its economy.
It's hard to overbuy BTC when it can be used as a currency, as an investment and as a vehicle for altcoin investments all at the same time.
One thing you should know is that all of them says thus with different reasons in mind, some say it in support of bitcoin, while some it in a way to kick against the crypto currency. I have seen lots of economists say that bubble word but when I ask them, they give different reasons.

One of them told me that Bitcoin is a bubble full of speculation and that those investing on it now will be making money, but when government finds out that people are starting to lose their money in it, they will shut it down for good. 16.6 million mined, I don’t think anyone should take Bitcoin as a joke, we are getting close to the 21 million.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:30:49 PM

Well economist said that bitcoin was a bubble because  they are lots of theory they are just predicting even if the basis that they reffer is really not true they say something diff.maybe bitcoin is not really a bubble because until now bitcoin is alive and with a high price running and maybe it will continue to rise in tbe next day or maybe a month or in a couple of year .
Pixyoxx

Activity: 291
Merit: 119

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:53:09 PM

Economists call bitcoin a bubble because of the fact that it is a decentralized currency meaning it is physically not controlled by any authority and thus had no control over uts existence in the first place. Also because bitcoin inventor is not a specified person thus no one can actually predict the future of bitcoin as to whether it will riae or fall. It is gaining more and more popularity but still it is also the most volatile cryptocurrency available in the market which make economists refer it as bubble
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:51:48 AM

In my thought. BTC is indeed getting overbought for, lets just say that BTC is being easier for people to invest money just by using internet. While the economy is being low because it isn't working right for the other people are working the btc instead of helping the community rise its economy.
It's hard to overbuy BTC when it can be used as a currency, as an investment and as a vehicle for altcoin investments all at the same time.
One thing you should know is that all of them says thus with different reasons in mind, some say it in support of bitcoin, while some it in a way to kick against the crypto currency. I have seen lots of economists say that bubble word but when I ask them, they give different reasons.

One of them told me that Bitcoin is a bubble full of speculation and that those investing on it now will be making money, but when government finds out that people are starting to lose their money in it, they will shut it down for good. 16.6 million mined, I don’t think anyone should take Bitcoin as a joke, we are getting close to the 21 million.
That's what Economists don't understand. Bitcoin can not be shut down. And any country that shuts Bitcoin down will just hurt itself in the process.
Canoppo99

Activity: 334
Merit: 15

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:42:48 AM

Bitcoin is digital gold, it cannot be counterfeited so its very appropriated to become a medium of exchange this is good value of bitcoin .

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
valying

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:44:51 AM

I think because mostly they are not a bitcoin users, so they wouldn't know how good Bitcoin is and just excute Bitcoin with their thoughts.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
PranDoW

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:05:28 AM

Probably because it is a decentralized currency, which is not tied to anything. The rate of which rises by 1000% for a short period. The fact that anyone can create currencies with any emissary, then that the market is easily speculated
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:11:36 AM

A bubble is a bubble when something is overbought, it is that simple. Is bitcoin overbought right now?
With a supply of 21 million (not considering lost BTCs), with all the brightest minds working on it, with the strongest network, and with a marketcap that is still very small compared to what a global 24/7 market like bitcoin is could deliver.... then no, I don't think we are anywhere near a bubble. Corrections will come and go, that doesn't mean we were in a bubble.
whos that BIG ECONOMISTs?and what economy they are stands for?specific country?(ofcourse its impossible that you have talked to world economist with an S)most of the time those what we called economist only favor for what interested them.they are really not for the peoples concerns but for the concern pabor to them.
buhna

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:35:39 AM

They say, and at this time they buy)))

buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:56:46 AM

A bubble is a bubble when something is overbought, it is that simple. Is bitcoin overbought right now?
With a supply of 21 million (not considering lost BTCs), with all the brightest minds working on it, with the strongest network, and with a marketcap that is still very small compared to what a global 24/7 market like bitcoin is could deliver.... then no, I don't think we are anywhere near a bubble. Corrections will come and go, that doesn't mean we were in a bubble.
Indeed, it's not overbought because, people investing their own funds to buy this cryptocurrency and live market which is having live traders proves that the price trully right and people paying this amount for cryptocurencies

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████