Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:45:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BBQcoin Windows Client Update  (Read 2870 times)
bigdaub

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:27:35 PM

I just worry when I cannot see your source code, that's the main thing really and you could of at least sent me a quick PM just to let me know that you were going to release an update to the client.

The source code is now available on the website. But the source code is not a guarantee. The real scammers will make a malicious executable file and will post a safe source. I didn't send you a PM because you never showed willingness to cooperate. You started to defame our website. So, what do you expect?

Can someone verify the supplied source is safe and appears to match the client download? It's Greek to me.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:34:32 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 07:44:23 PM by K1773R

i just checked the differences (you didnt include git so you wanted to make it harder, still we can see how it goes).

1. definately hijacking of BBQCoin by trying to change the logo to your owns to discredit all others.
2. changing the link from bbqcoin.org to bbqcoin.com
3. added seednodes (as promised), though this could be used to takeover the chain via a hardfork and discredit all others.
4. they didnt include a chat function to the QT GUI, all they did was an option to open a link with ur default browser that goes to http://www.bbqcoin.com/chat

even cubox could have done this, so "professional" as he was (for reference, cubox was just a kid).

id say thats the ultimate proof that this is a try of a hostile takeover at all, if you use this client you help to devalue the value fo BBQCoin and also help for future malicious task being forced of bbqcoin.com
also accusing me of DDoS'ing you to discredit me is a really silly thing to do.

the source is clean, be aware there is no way to proof the source they released has been used for the binary they supply.

for those interesting what changed, look at these files

Code:
$ LANG=C md5sum -c /tmp/bbqcoin.md5 | grep FAIL
./src/qt/res/icons/toolbar_testnet.png: FAILED
./src/qt/res/icons/toolbar.png: FAILED
md5sum: ./src/qt/res/icons/chat.png: No such file or directory
./src/qt/res/icons/chat.png: FAILED open or read
./src/qt/res/icons/bitcoin_testnet.png: FAILED
./src/qt/res/icons/bitcoin.png: FAILED
./src/qt/res/icons/bitcoin.ico: FAILED
./src/qt/bitcoingui.h: FAILED
./src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp: FAILED
./src/qt/bitcoin.qrc: FAILED
./src/qt/bitcoin.cpp: FAILED
./src/net.cpp: FAILED
./share/pixmaps/nsis-wizard.bmp: FAILED
./share/pixmaps/nsis-header.bmp: FAILED
./share/pixmaps/favicon.ico: FAILED
./share/pixmaps/bitcoin.ico: FAILED
./share/pixmaps/bitcoin-bc.ico: FAILED
./README: FAILED
./doc/bitcoin_logo_doxygen.png: FAILED
md5sum: WARNING: 1 listed files could not be read
md5sum: WARNING: 17 computed checksums did NOT match

source code differences:
Code:
$ diff -u ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoingui.h src/qt/bitcoingui.h 
--- ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoingui.h 2013-05-08 18:23:19.536553208 +0200
+++ src/qt/bitcoingui.h 2013-06-08 19:31:02.000000000 +0200
@@ -94,6 +94,7 @@
     QAction *changePassphraseAction;
     QAction *aboutQtAction;
     QAction *openRPCConsoleAction;
+    QAction *chatAction;

QSystemTrayIcon *trayIcon;
     Notificator *notificator;
@@ -157,6 +158,8 @@
     void optionsClicked();
     /** Show about dialog */
     void aboutClicked();
+    /** Show chat dialog */
+    void chatClicked();
 #ifndef Q_WS_MAC
     /** Handle tray icon clicked */
     void trayIconActivated(QSystemTrayIcon::ActivationReason reason);
$ diff -u ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp
--- ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp 2013-05-08 18:23:19.536553208 +0200
+++ src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp 2013-06-08 22:24:56.000000000 +0200
@@ -258,6 +258,8 @@
     optionsAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/options"), tr("&Options..."), this);
     optionsAction->setToolTip(tr("Modify configuration options for BBQCoin"));
     optionsAction->setMenuRole(QAction::PreferencesRole);
+ chatAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/chat"), tr("BBQ &Chat"), this);
+    chatAction->setToolTip(tr("Let's chat!"));
     toggleHideAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/bitcoin"), tr("Show/Hide &BBQCoin"), this);
     toggleHideAction->setToolTip(tr("Show or hide the BBQCoin window"));
     exportAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/export"), tr("&Export..."), this);
@@ -276,6 +278,7 @@

connect(quitAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), qApp, SLOT(quit()));
     connect(optionsAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(optionsClicked()));
+    connect(chatAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(chatClicked()));
     connect(aboutAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(aboutClicked()));
     connect(aboutQtAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), qApp, SLOT(aboutQt()));
     connect(toggleHideAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(toggleHidden()));
@@ -312,7 +315,10 @@
     settings->addSeparator();
     settings->addAction(optionsAction);

-    QMenu *help = appMenuBar->addMenu(tr("&Help"));
+    QMenu *chat = appMenuBar->addMenu(tr("&Chat"));
+    chat->addAction(chatAction);
+
+    QMenu *help = appMenuBar->addMenu(tr("&?"));
     help->addAction(openRPCConsoleAction);
     help->addSeparator();
     help->addAction(aboutAction);
@@ -473,6 +479,11 @@
     dlg.exec();
 }

+void BitcoinGUI::chatClicked()
+{
+    QDesktopServices::openUrl(QUrl("http://www.bbqcoin.com/chat"));
+}
+
 void BitcoinGUI::setNumConnections(int count)
 {
     QString icon;
$ diff -u ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoin.qrc src/qt/bitcoin.qrc
--- ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoin.qrc 2013-05-08 18:23:19.536553208 +0200
+++ src/qt/bitcoin.qrc 2013-06-08 19:56:00.000000000 +0200
@@ -43,6 +43,7 @@
         <file alias="filesave">res/icons/filesave.png</file>
         <file alias="qrcode">res/icons/qrcode.png</file>
         <file alias="debugwindow">res/icons/debugwindow.png</file>
+        <file alias="chat">res/icons/chat.png</file>
     </qresource>
     <qresource prefix="/images">
         <file alias="about">res/images/about.png</file>
$ diff -u ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp src/qt/bitcoin.cpp
--- ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp 2013-05-08 18:23:19.536553208 +0200
+++ src/qt/bitcoin.cpp 2013-06-08 16:10:51.000000000 +0200
@@ -163,7 +163,7 @@
     // Application identification (must be set before OptionsModel is initialized,
     // as it is used to locate QSettings)
     app.setOrganizationName("BBQCoin");
-    app.setOrganizationDomain("bbqcoin.org");
+    app.setOrganizationDomain("bbqcoin.com");
     if(GetBoolArg("-testnet")) // Separate UI settings for testnet
         app.setApplicationName("BBQCoin-Qt-testnet");
     else
$ diff -u ../bbqcoin/src/net.cpp src/net.cpp
--- ../bbqcoin/src/net.cpp 2013-05-08 18:23:19.532553208 +0200
+++ src/net.cpp 2013-06-08 07:15:39.000000000 +0200
@@ -1138,9 +1138,9 @@
 // The first name is used as information source for addrman.
 // The second name should resolve to a list of seed addresses.
 static const char *strDNSSeed[][2] = {
-    {"cubox.me", "cubox.me"},
+    {"bbqcoin.com", "bbqcoin.com"},
 };

void ThreadDNSAddressSeed(void* parg)

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:49:22 PM

I really cannot believe this, are you trying to kill BBQcoin or something? You had better not be!

It should be killed. The only reason you and dozen of supporters want it to live is because you have been secretly mining it, the dead coin, for
many months and after you stockpiled shitload of coins you started "BBQ is alive" campaign, which included bribery for Bter exchange. So lame!

I mined BQC when most users didn't care about it. How is that a secret? Anyone was about to do it, what's wrong with that?

I gave BTER.com 10,000 BQC but they gave it back to me in my trading account on there, so did not even need it. That's the facts.

And what is a shitload?

Look at my You Tube video, you can see how many coins I have on the video. Its there for everyone to see, did you not know this?

Why don't you research something a little bit before throwing accusations around.
sigesang

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:51:55 PM

"Easy Installation with Setup Wizard"
I have not tried the installer, but the posted code do not include any source for this setup wizard. So if there is a installer the code for that is missing.

BTC 1basemmmcpVWVfzZMyLA1r2DJMTMnZYoX LTC LiTeTipdGNcXRjTw5pVnMXjB5FFoEfxPAZ
bigdaub

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:00:05 PM

Thanks K1773R for your analysis.
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:37:47 PM

I really cannot believe this, are you trying to kill BBQcoin or something? You had better not be!

It should be killed. The only reason you and dozen of supporters want it to live is because you have been secretly mining it, the dead coin, for
many months and after you stockpiled shitload of coins you started "BBQ is alive" campaign, which included bribery for Bter exchange. So lame!

I mined BQC when most users didn't car about it. How is that a secret? Anyone was about to do it, what's wrong with that?

I gave BTER.com 10,000 BQC but they gave it back to me in my trading account on there, so did not even need it. That's the facts.

And what is a shitload?

Look at my You Tube video, you can see how many coins I have on the video. Its there for everyone to see, did you not know this?

Why don't you research something a little bit before throwing accusations around.

You are full of shits and you are scumbag, just like markm and few others who recently poped-up supporting BBQcoin and few other failed projects
not because they are needed but because you want to profit from the deal. Situation with BBQcoin now is pretty much like with bastards who were
premining, instamining or buying some crapcoin for cheap and then started spamming around how that same crapcoin is the next big thing, the best
altcoin or whatever even though they are aware coin is just lame variation on some other cryptocoin, bringing nothing of value to the table.

I'm here for so long that your and other "developer" or "benefactor" bullshits are not even laughable to me anymore. Just drop dead finaly, thanks!

You really have not been doing any research at all have you?

I have mentioned many times that I don't make my profits with BBQcoin and in fact for the months I had the bbqcoin.org website up and BQC was worthless, on that side I was making a loss.

I make my profits with trading BTC into USD and back, simple but it works.

BBQcoin is something that I enjoy doing, along with trying to help new users with You Tube videos etc.

How does that make me a scumbag and that you want me to die?
bigdaub

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:41:59 PM

I mined BQC when most users didn't car about it. How is that a secret? Anyone was about to do it, what's wrong with that?

And what is a shitload?

You are full of shits and you are scumbag, just like markm and few others who recently poped-up supporting BBQcoin and few other failed projects
not because they are needed but because you want to profit from the deal. Situation with BBQcoin now is pretty much like with bastards who were
premining, instamining or buying some crapcoin for cheap and then started spamming around how that same crapcoin is the next big thing, the best
altcoin or whatever even though they are aware coin is just lame variation on some other cryptocoin, bringing nothing of value to the table.

I'm here for so long that your and other "developer" or "benefactor" bullshits are not even laughable to me anymore. Just drop dead finaly, thanks!

via Imgflip Meme Maker
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 06:18:09 PM

And what is a shitload?

It's official: you got issues.
trdiablo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:02:06 PM

And what is a shitload?

Is it that time of the month again for you? stop taking the coins so seriusly, you should probably get out more and enjoy real life
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 08:05:55 PM

I'll stick to the bbqcoin.org version Smiley
iamrickrock

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:30:47 AM

And what is a shitload?

I have read some of your previous posts and you have to be the worst marketer of your product line in the history of marketing. You talk so much shit about others and you treat them so disrespectfully that the first thing that I think of when I see your name and signature is how I would rather buy from ANYONE else other than you! Get a life and learn how to treat your "potential" customers because everyone on this forum is a potential customer although I think you have most likely blown that opportunity.

BBQcoin.com (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:04:06 AM

Well, you are free and people are also free to choose what they want to choose. We have many downloads everyday. Work must be rewarded rightfully, people will judge and choose by the quality of project itself.
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:27:34 PM

Well, you are free and people are also free to choose what they want to choose. We have many downloads everyday. Work must be rewarded rightfully, people will judge and choose by the quality of project itself.

Since the release of your random client update the price of BBQcoin has dropped by 20% and Vircurex have dropped BBQcoin altogether.

It seems to alot of people, the exchanges included, that you are not helping but in fact hindering BBQcoin from growth and if it gets removed from anymore exchanges, potentially be responsible for its downfall.

Right now I am spending most of my time trying to repair the damage you have caused in the faith of BBQcoin with the last two exchanges that it remains on and am going to work hard on increasing the price of the coin.

I have always said from the start I have never been involved in BBQcoin for profit, it is the fact that I really like the coin that makes me want to see it have the success that it deserves, not just for the sake of profit but for EVERY single community member that is supporting BBQcoin and has installed their faith into it and into our Dev team at BBQcoin.org of which BTER.com still considers to be the official Dev team.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:38:41 PM

LOL I found it my first few days into cryptos and that was a few months ago. It was always there. It was active enough for the newb in me to get started. SO yea...

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
champbronc2

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:24:27 PM

Wow, thanks a lot BBQCoin.com. Killed BQC from Vircurex

https://bitquick.co - Buy bitcoins instantly with cash at 2% fee or Sell Bitcoins at 0% fee with BitQuick.co. Encourage safer, more secure trading! Stop selling on LocalBitcoins.
Safe trading resource: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208203.0 Read it before you ever make a trade! Know what you're getting yourself into!
BBQcoin.com (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:37:53 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 12:14:46 AM by BBQcoin.com

Since the release of your random client update the price of BBQcoin has dropped by 20% and Vircurex have dropped BBQcoin altogether.

It seems to alot of people, the exchanges included, that you are not helping but in fact hindering BBQcoin from growth and if it gets removed from anymore exchanges, potentially be responsible for its downfall.

Right now I am spending most of my time trying to repair the damage you have caused in the faith of BBQcoin with the last two exchanges that it remains on and am going to work hard on increasing the price of the coin.

I have always said from the start I have never been involved in BBQcoin for profit, it is the fact that I really like the coin that makes me want to see it have the success that it deserves, not just for the sake of profit but for EVERY single community member that is supporting BBQcoin and has installed their faith into it and into our Dev team at BBQcoin.org of which BTER.com still considers to be the official Dev team.

Try to have a little common sense... All altcoins are pumped and dumped. In 2 or 3 days, its price will rise again and will fall again... Who will you accuse? its price has always been much lower than other altcoins and even lower than scamcoins. I think you don't help this coin and I'm not alone thinking this. And BQC is always on Vircurex! https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?alt=bqc&base=btc

You say you worked hard but what is your hard work worth? You don't even know how to make a simple webpage that looks correct... Be honest, you don't know how to program and you are learning with this coin.

I don't want to exclude you, so I suggest to you that we work together, you accept and the project takes a new direction or, you destroy everything. Now, you are free to choose what you want to do...

For your information, I registered bbqcoin.com when this coin was worth nothing...
CaptChadd

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Try to have a little common sense... All altcoins are pumped and dumped. In 2 or 3 days, its price will rise again and will fall again... Who will you accuse? its price has always been much lower than other altcoins and even lower than scamcoins. I think you don't help this coin and I'm not alone thinking this. And BQC is always on Vircurex! https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?alt=bqc&base=btc

You say you worked hard but what is your hard work worth? You don't even know how to make a simple webpage that looks correct... Be honest, you don't know how to program and you are learning with this coin.

I don't want to exclude you, so I suggest to you that we work together, you accept and the project takes a new direction or, you destroy everything. Now, you are free to choose what you want to do...

For your information, I registered bbqcoin.com when this coin was worth nothing...

Announcements

11 June 2013 - BBQ, CNC, YAC support stop NEW
We will no further support BBQ, CNC and YAC. Please withdraw all your coins till latest 30th June 2013. Deposits are not processed anymore. Trading will be possible till end of June.

That is from Vircurex. So your facts are wrong.

What is wrong with my website? I know it was a mess before but I think it is fine now. I have never said that I am a programmer, not ever. I work with the community and help to bring the BBQcoin side together towards a common goal.

And if you registered the domain BBQcoin.com when BBQcoin was worth nothing, why did you not do anything with it until it was worth something and on exchanges? Is money and profit your only goals for this coin?

I started BBQcoin.org when it was worth nothing as I love and still do love the coin, with its crazy but interesting past, the way it survived, showing its resistance/persistence and I started the website just to get community interest. And at that time I only had a basic GPU and about 2500 coins. So I didn't start the website for profit or monetary gain, I get that from BTC/USD trades. BBQcoin is more of a passion for me.

And what fact is it that I have not helped this coin based on?

Before I started BBQcoin.org it was worth nothing. After I started it and the forum which increased interest massively it got added onto three exchanges, then I started a Facebook page which has got 46 likes but actually "reaches" out into over 100 people with every single post made, via the statistics page, including the fast amount of followers on our Twitter account too. This shows that bbqcoin.org has large support. So in what way did I not help?

The oversaturation of Alt-coins has not helped with the worth of all Alt-coins, we know that for sure and that has and will hold most of the Alt-coins back.

Also why would I want to work with you, someone that released a client update with even contacting me or my team knowing full well that we only just released a client update a few weeks ago.

You could have messaged me on the Facebook page, followed and then messaged on twitter. Messaged me by PM on BTCTalk. Joined and then PM'd me on our forum or even posted a prior [ANN] on our forum.

So many ways in which you could have contacted us to let us just know what you planned to do but you chose none of them. How does that show the bases for any type of teamwork at all in any way?

Why did you not contact us about this?

And one other question, with your website design experience, programming experience (For a client update), why did you not just create your own coin?

I mean, you changed the BBQcoin logo with your update without even asking the community, the only reason we changed it was because it still had a Litecoin one.
chunkatuff

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:32:39 PM

this is just a suggestion but maybe you guys need a mediator.. i'd volunteer (and i do if need be) but it's probably best if a more established member of the community were to do it.. that way you guys can tell someone honestly and privately what you want and the other person can do so as well and you maybe even eventually work together with a better understanding of one another and your individual needs and concerns and such
chunkatuff

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:11:52 PM

this is just a suggestion but maybe you guys need a mediator.. i'd volunteer (and i do if need be) but it's probably best if a more established member of the community were to do it.. that way you guys can tell someone honestly and privately what you want and the other person can do so as well and you maybe even eventually work together with a better understanding of one another and your individual needs and concerns and such

Yes, that is how scumbags usualy operate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu_VqX6J93k
it's not about any form of scumbaggery.. sometimes it's just difficult for 2 different people to effectively communicate what they are trying to convey to each other
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:29:54 PM

I had suggested this earlier myself. I can help mediate if you'd like; I'm not biased towards either side in this rivalry, and wish to see this resolved in a way that is beneficial for BBQCoin Smiley

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: