Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:41:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Please choose the coin-swap mechanic you prefer. For further details regarding the logic please read the most recent update (30th October). The option that receives the most votes by Saturday the 4th November, will be the one applied to the swap.
* You get ONE coin on the new blockchain for every FOUR Signatum V1 coins you swap to the new blockchain. All Signatum V1 coins received during the swap, will be burned.
* You get ONE coin on the new blockchain for every TWENTY Signatum V1 coins you swap to the new blockchain. You will then get to keep your Signatum V1 coins in the process too and are free to trade them afterwards. Hence no coins will be burned.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Signatum 2.0  (Read 102071 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
UtopianMessiah

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:02:04 AM

The following is an extract from your statement on your website....

"There is currently no cap on maximum coin supply. This means that in the current state, Signatum supply will continue to increase at a rate of 5% per annum through PoS The current, which has not proven to be particularly popular in the community. The supply of approximately 137,000,000 coins, also effectively renders it impossible to add Masternodes or re-introduce PoW in its current state. Earnings for both would ultimately be rendered too low for anyone to be interested in either, especially considering the decline in demand and coin valuation. We have therefore taken the necessary steps to reduce the circulating supply, by introducing a 4:1 swap on the swap. This means that if you hold 100,000 coins today, you will receive 25,000 coins on the new blockchain in exchange. Theoretically, this should not impact the value of your coins, as market cap will organically readjust to accommodate for the change in circulating supply. In theory this means that your coins will be worth 4x current value on the new blockchain. The total coin supply will be reduced from the current 137,000,000 to 34,375,000."

Whoever is in charge of your economic development, you need to get rid of them immediately. Their economic theory is away with the fairies, wishy-washy, whatever you want to call it.

If you have four coins that are reduced to a single coin, while at the same time the total coin supply is reduced by 75%, the same reduction as what you're offering in coins to investors, then it's not possible in any shape or form that "In theory this means that your coins will be worth 4x current value on the new blockchain".

The value will remain the same, that is, if the market cap does adjust to accommodate for the change in the supply. And that's a big "IF".

As far as I can see, it's a shit deal for everyone involved previously, everyone except you and your team.

To make matters worse, you're offering them "choices" in how they can take this further hit and get them to devalue their coins by 75% in the hopes that it does rise 75% so that they can get back to where they are right now in this moment in time concerning the "value" that they hold.

There's two choices on here in the poll and another on your site where you're saying you don't have to swap your coins at all.

It doesn't matter which "choice" they take, the only winners are the people behind this shitshow, to what amounts to be no choice at all. A kind of take it or leave scenario if you will, coming from the people behind this.

Read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recapitalization

I bring you knowledge.  Get educated.  Albeit, it is indeed wikipedia - not the best source of education - but the tripe you are spouting is wikipedia level dumbassery.

Happens all the time with private equity and venture capital.  When a company has gone to shit, owners/managers/employees have to suck it up and take their medicine.  Signatum is in the same position.  This hopefully is a turnaround management exercise, which might work.  Are you offering an alternative? Don't be shy.

Leave the blockchain as it is, and stop fleecing the original investors, also, if people are offering you dumb economics in place of a solution, RUN.

You brought the word "dumb" into this conversation and the economics on the website are exactly that, "dumb". There's no denying that.

So your solution is f**k the old Signatum investors, "leave the blockchain as it is".  Ok, understood!
And so it follows that the "new" team should just start a new coin, even if their economics are "dumb", you never know right? But please don't give any Signatum holders any hope of recovering their investment.

Ok, that's all righty then Jack!  As long as you are content with what your brain tells you.  It's just a shame that you have no learning feedback loop working that integrity checks the things you are typing against rational sense.  But each to their own.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mbdmbn

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:03:25 AM

To make matters worse, you're offering them "choices" in how they can take this further hit and get them to devalue their coins by 75% in the hopes that it does rise 75% so that they can get back to where they are right now in this moment in time concerning the "value" that they hold.

reminds me of "cv2" to "colx" swap where we get 1 new coin for 2 old coins. (they switched algo and turned coin into pivx clone and added masternodes with very high amount of coins needed)
price raised from 2 sats to 4-5 sats  (before swap)..... but after swap price tanked black to 2-1 sats.
so basically swap made people lose at least half of money. ones who bought right before swap (for 5 or even 6 sats).... they lost more.

I would say they made a fortune. Halving the value of the original investors coins in the swap, and then selling the old coins immediately for their true value at the time.

The "choices" here are even more pronounced with a 75% drop in value and people are voting for it because they were given a choice?
mbdmbn

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:07:15 AM

The following is an extract from your statement on your website....

"There is currently no cap on maximum coin supply. This means that in the current state, Signatum supply will continue to increase at a rate of 5% per annum through PoS The current, which has not proven to be particularly popular in the community. The supply of approximately 137,000,000 coins, also effectively renders it impossible to add Masternodes or re-introduce PoW in its current state. Earnings for both would ultimately be rendered too low for anyone to be interested in either, especially considering the decline in demand and coin valuation. We have therefore taken the necessary steps to reduce the circulating supply, by introducing a 4:1 swap on the swap. This means that if you hold 100,000 coins today, you will receive 25,000 coins on the new blockchain in exchange. Theoretically, this should not impact the value of your coins, as market cap will organically readjust to accommodate for the change in circulating supply. In theory this means that your coins will be worth 4x current value on the new blockchain. The total coin supply will be reduced from the current 137,000,000 to 34,375,000."

Whoever is in charge of your economic development, you need to get rid of them immediately. Their economic theory is away with the fairies, wishy-washy, whatever you want to call it.

If you have four coins that are reduced to a single coin, while at the same time the total coin supply is reduced by 75%, the same reduction as what you're offering in coins to investors, then it's not possible in any shape or form that "In theory this means that your coins will be worth 4x current value on the new blockchain".

The value will remain the same, that is, if the market cap does adjust to accommodate for the change in the supply. And that's a big "IF".

As far as I can see, it's a shit deal for everyone involved previously, everyone except you and your team.

There's two choices on here in the poll and another on your site where you're saying you don't have to swap your coins at all.

It doesn't matter which "choice" they take, the only winners are the people behind this shitshow, to what amounts to be no choice at all. A kind of take it or leave scenario if you will, coming from the people behind this.

Read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recapitalization

I bring you knowledge.  Get educated.  Albeit, it is indeed wikipedia - not the best source of education - but the tripe you are spouting is wikipedia level dumbassery.

Happens all the time with private equity and venture capital.  When a company has gone to shit, owners/managers/employees have to suck it up and take their medicine.  Signatum is in the same position.  This hopefully is a turnaround management exercise, which might work.  Are you offering an alternative? Don't be shy.

Leave the blockchain as it is, and stop fleecing the original investors, also, if people are offering you dumb economics in place of a solution, RUN.

You brought the word "dumb" into this conversation and the economics on the website are exactly that, "dumb". There's no denying that.

So your solution is f**k the old Signatum investors, "leave the blockchain as it is".  Ok, understood!
And so it follows that the "new" team should just start a new coin, even if their economics are "dumb", you never know right? But please don't give any Signatum holders any hope of recovering their investment.

Ok, that's all righty then Jack!  As long as you are content with what your brain tells you.  It's just a shame that you have no learning feedback loop working that integrity checks the things you are typing against rational sense.  But each to their own.

Solutions are found by working things through to their end.

Not jumping ship at the nearest port. Signatum is still a young coin, why go to all this rigmarole and dumb economics?

Is it for the benefit of the original investors?

The economics offered up, say no.
Notyoursbuisness

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:26:09 AM

I would say they made a fortune. Halving the value of the original investors coins in the swap, and then selling the old coins immediately for their true value at the time.
they burned swapped coins...anyway...
new swapped colx coins price tanked back to price of pre-swapped cv2 coins  Sad
whole swap and even replacement of algo and even masternodes not helped "investors".
i think only ones who got profits was people bought at 2-3 sats before swap.... and sold ALL right before swap happened
cause i can't remember seeing swapped coins get even 11 sats price (now its 2 i think).

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
m0nkz

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:05:05 AM

One option 1 vote here.

can't get any much worse than it is right now.
Atexor

Activity: 155

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:14:33 AM

Unfortunately I can't vote, but as HODLer I prefer option one.

I'm a bit sad that you abandon skunkhash algorithm. I prefer it than lyra2REv2, which is difficult for me to perform it stable on my gpu.

Also, could you check sometimes your fanpgae on Facebook? I've messaged to you with a small proposal, but as I see you din't even check it. To my mind you should be more active there. At the beginning posting weekly changelogs should be fine.
zebra.com

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:21:13 AM

good project sir, good luck
wency924

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:24:16 AM

The value of Sig. 1 right now is only 110-113.   Huh Huh Huh Huh
Xenon05

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/RWPEsRa

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:27:04 AM

voting for 1st option
jdbao

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:14:46 AM

toooooooo much unsure.
more infomation pls, thanks.
mak013

Activity: 2366
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:54:13 AM

Will the Signatum 2.0 really work? Thank you very much, devs.
It`s a big question. And dev saying it will. And the price will be 4x sign1 or higher. But sign1 will not be. Can we trust it? I don`t know. I want guarantee from dev. Best guarantee may be like at spreadcoin. everyone who have sign1 gets the same quantity sign2.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
pichkatikliun

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:57:29 AM

Okay. Finally got the wallet to sync Smiley
  • 1. backup your address somewhere safe
  • 2. close wallet
  • 3. go to the "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming" (replace C with your windows drive location, and UserName with your user or simply click your way there
  • 4. in the "Roaming" folder find the Signatum folder and delete it (before that do step 1. and 2.
  • 5. run your wallet (it will be empty but this will trigger the "Signatum" folder to show in the "Roming" folder
  • 6. close the wallet again
  • 7. in the "Signatum" folder replace the wallet.dat with your backed up wallet (just in case it has to be named "wallet.dat")
  • 8. go to this web page https://github.com/signatumd/releases/blob/master/signatum.conf and copy all the "addnode=104.197.159.83" (just them)
  • 9. open Notepad (i would suggest Notepad++) copy the nodes in it and save the file in  "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming"\Signatum" as "signatum.conf"
  • 10. start your wallet and wait a bit

I hope this helps someone.  Cool
Oh and a note this is for "Windows" users, I'm not sure if it will work on "Linux"

So if anyone is willing to donate  Grin
I will really appreciate any coin given Smiley
The address is in the signature

Thanks, work great for me.
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:13:33 AM

Will the Signatum 2.0 really work? Thank you very much, devs.
It`s a big question. And dev saying it will. And the price will be 4x sign1 or higher. But sign1 will not be. Can we trust it? I don`t know. I want guarantee from dev. Best guarantee may be like at spreadcoin. everyone who have sign1 gets the same quantity sign2.

They never said it will go to 4x price per coin, and thats because they cant guarantee it. No dev can guarantee a price unless they themself got a major fund which will put buy wall. And that fund would have to be value guaranteed * coins so redicolous big :p

But the price should increase per coin to have same mcap. And then the price should go even further with time as we now got devs working on it again.

All the negativity here is either from people that dont hold, less intelligent or privileged users imo. Discussion is good, but of course the devs want a chain they actualy control instead of working on a chain a known scammer has access to. And they also want something back for the work in a pre mine. This also give incentive to put in the needed work to make Signatum 2 a good coin. By giving us swap they will get a big community with them instead of a new coin with airdrops. I see this as a win win for devs and us, and apreciate that they went this way. And the 4:1 makes sense as we do want miners / masternodes to have incentive to point their investment in signatum 2. Could just have higher reward but then we will have an insane amount of coins.
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 07:28:25 AM

Dont like Idea about another " Anonymous DEV team"

We didn't learn nothing from recent past?

beph

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:27:58 AM

Okay, wise guy. Do you have any idea how much money people lost on Sigt? I am down 95% on my investment.

I am pretty mad at the whole situation, but I do realize the current team should not be held responsible. I imagine there are many less level-headed types around there.

The current team had nothing to do with the nodes getting shut down, the original team going missing etc. - all are community members who've been with the coin since its inception.
They could still get targeted and revealing their identities could very well compromise their personal lives, their jobs etc.

If you had trust issues with anonymous devs, you shouldn't have bought/mined sigt in the first place. Invest in an ICO and keep this discussion productive.
easyrimka

Activity: 518
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:29:23 AM

thanks for the vote . Also voted 1 option, we all know its the best one !
nitinum

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:02:29 AM

good luck!)
sdcloud

Activity: 126

TjLn6fRQ3KrC9ceikidm8wAXaB6AHqA1YV

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:08:13 AM

I saw a discord on the information about the airdrop or it seemed to me?

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ginzink

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:28:04 AM

Okay, wise guy. Do you have any idea how much money people lost on Sigt? I am down 95% on my investment.

I am pretty mad at the whole situation, but I do realize the current team should not be held responsible. I imagine there are many less level-headed types around there.

The current team had nothing to do with the nodes getting shut down, the original team going missing etc. - all are community members who've been with the coin since its inception.
They could still get targeted and revealing their identities could very well compromise their personal lives, their jobs etc.

If you had trust issues with anonymous devs, you shouldn't have bought/mined sigt in the first place. Invest in an ICO and keep this discussion productive.

Good points. And lets not forget, this is a coin meant for purchases. What could drive the price up beyond what we can immagine is if criminals start using it. And if that happens authorities might be bringing the dev team in even though they cant stop a dark web marketplace (this is just one example). So i get why they dont want to reveal idendities. For me as a investor it would be reasuring, but for the devs not worth it. They are doing more than any of us in terms of salvaging the signatum 1 investment, yet they get so much negativity. So il keep posting - Thank you for going for swap instead of new coin.  Smiley
Ginzink

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:28:56 AM

I saw a discord on the information about the airdrop or it seemed to me?

If you read their info on page 1 / web page it is stated that coins not swapped will be divided between extra funds for treasury and air drops Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: