Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:04:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks more and more like a 2011 repeat  (Read 14951 times)
GaiusMaximus

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:19:41 AM

wow I wish I was around then...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 06:46:57 AM

Assuming a burst...at what price point is a far call to delve in?

Predicted low point?

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:03:22 AM

Assuming a burst...at what price point is a far call to delve in?

Predicted low point?

50$ will be the lowest low. BTC struggeled to get passed that for a while. I really think we will never break 50$ again (unless a coordinated attack  on bitcoin exchanges by our governments happens or something )
manfred (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:33:54 AM

Quick update on proceedings

Will it break out of trend? The only way it can break out if you buy.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:45:12 AM

Quick update on proceedings

Completely randomly drawn channel, I can draw one that's sideways or upwards the same way. Meaningless imo.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Dalib

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:55:41 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 01:48:20 PM by Dalib

Quick update on proceedingsI think that, in your picture are still lower highs, but we have in 2013 a still higher lows.
But no one knows how the trend will continue. Because of lower highs and higher lows always ends breakout.

Either see you again next higher highs (above 136) or lower lows (below 88). or both

I think that, in your picture are still lower highs, but we have in 2013 a still higher lows too.

But lower highs and higher lows always ends breakout.

Sometimes I'll either be higher high (above 136) or lower lows (below 88), or both...   Wink

BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:32:02 PM

A parabolic move is totally normal in finance! When it's over, just like all the other parabolic moves in financial history, it will jusst plateau and then keep going up!!! Bears are stuuupid trolls who don't know anything!11

(Seriously, it was fun calling the top on this last bitcoin bubble within 3 days of the peak, but the backlash was huge...)
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:34:46 PM

Since OP keeps posting updates to his forced (and largely uninformative) comparison graph, I won't feel all that bad re-submitting a post of my own here (posted yesterday on the wall thread):

[...]

Why do people have this urge to see the similarities alone in cases where it fits their argument, but ignore the differences that would counter or at least weaken that argument?

CMF, A/D: 2011 vs 2013

Disclaimer: I'm getting a bit sick of having to include this statement every time, but here it goes: I'm not a bull, far from it. No predictions that we'll hit 200 next month from me. I'm not a bear either however, and I'm very much undecided about the question whether the correction/bubble deflation is largely over yet or not.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
manfred (OP)
Legendary

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:55:43 PM

@ oda.krell

Maybe OP can update the pesky little graph because its backed up by actual data. If it breaks out of the trendline by a long way then I can assure you an update is pointless, as it no more would look like a 2011 repeat.
The best action to break this trend is to buy. If you dont buy this cheap coins now you maybe regret it in the future.
If you are of the opinion that a few hundred unique visitors to this tread will somehow change the outcome of the millions of trades done since the start of this tread you a totally mistaken. This site is not your surrogate mother who tells you what to do.
Bitcoin itself does not care how much money u have to pay for one bitcoin. It functions just as well, which ever price u are willing to pay. Satoshi himself probably would prefer a lower price as more users would buy them and so it spreads faster. Unfortunately it seems his philosophy has been misused by users who seek personal gain. In case the price does not go the way u want it to go can u please promise not to cry. 
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:49:59 AM

That is a good news, it means 2015 it will touch 2000

I bet my house on this statement Cheesy
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:23:11 AM

A parabolic move is totally normal in finance! When it's over, just like all the other parabolic moves in financial history, it will jusst plateau and then keep going up!!! Bears are stuuupid trolls who don't know anything!11

(Seriously, it was fun calling the top on this last bitcoin bubble within 3 days of the peak, but the backlash was huge...)

This is not your typical finance though; this is really and truly revolution, on a bigger scale than has ever been comprehended.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:32:14 PM

This is not your typical finance though; this is really and truly revolution, on a bigger scale than has ever been comprehended.

The dot-com bubble crashed and was based on Internet. If the whole Internet wasn't strong enough to prevent any bubble crash, how something smaller like Bitcoin is supposed to do that?!?!
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:37:40 PM

The dot-com bubble crashed and was based on Internet. If the whole Internet wasn't strong enough to prevent any bubble crash, how something smaller like Bitcoin is supposed to do that?!?!

I'm a short term to mid term bear with BTC, but definitely a long term Bull.
I can see us exploding up however as we are talking about something that has ruled the world since the times of Kings and Queens - MONEY. We are now talking about a decentralized money that is secure. I can imagine considering the state of the world that anything is possible short term. Currencies are being devalued, wars are likely to start (I prey not though), etc. The uncertainty, the manipulation of the gold/silver price, the beauty that is BTC, etc. - is going to probably attract an avalanche of sellers.
For comparisons sake, we are in the early early stages of the internet. We are just waiting for our killer app so to speak. Even without it, we are so small and the internet was so large (IPO companies), so what is the choice regarding alternative Money? There really isn't any outside of BTC and the other cryptocurrencies.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 07:59:29 PM

Comodore

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:45:55 PM

Latest update on progress

Looks less and less similar IMO.

2011 has lower and lower lows. 2013 has higher and higher lows. Although the possibility for a big break to the downside does remain.

I've said it once before, and it continues to strike me: the technicals, sentiment, and ecosystem development post April 2013 seem like a larger scale incarnation of post August 2012 (as opposed to June 2011).

You got point.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:47:26 PM

November 2010, yep those where the golden times a Bitcoin costs less than 2 cents. The purchase of a singe pizza doubling the price and Satoshi personally still active on this site.  Would't it sometime be nice to turn back time.

"looks more and more like a 2011  2010 - 2013 repeat"

wow I wish I was around then...

imagine to have invested 20 k $ at that price. 30 months ago.

imagine to have invested 20 k $ at todays price. and wait 30 months.

that must be around january 2016
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:00:06 AM

Both 9 month range peak aligned

Of course if only it were that easy to predict the future........

The crash of 2011 did feed into the bubble of 2013. Bitcoin isn't going anywhere- not with the number of privately held ASIC's out there that are good for nothing else in the world but bitcoin.

more or less retired.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:28:49 AM

all i read in this thread is

"i want to believe the price will plummet so I can buy cheap"....lolz

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:35:27 PM

all i read in this thread is

"i want to believe the price will plummet so I can buy cheap"....lolz

Well, it's because the price is doing a great job at going down Grin
manfred (OP)
Legendary