Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 10:20:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues with my new mining setup! Seeking advice  (Read 2390 times)
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:33:52 PM

Use your IGPU and test each pcie slot individually to see if you just have faulty pcie slots.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:34:45 PM

1000w PSU is pretty borderline for mining with 6 card rig, to be honest (Always give yourself headroom with PSU. Efficiency is better and You can have a nice night sleep knowing that You aren't pushing Your PSU too hard)
Try GEN2 on Your PCI-E lanes.

That is very true!! and yes I tried Gen 2 a still problems with the 3rd GPU  Cry

I really don't know what else to try, I completed another fresh install of windows thinking it would be maybe a reg key that had got corrupt but yeah didn't work..

Debating to buy 3 more PCI risers and possibly RMA the motherboard for a new one or different one..

I've tried to reach out to Asrock but they haven't got back to me yet. Its so frustrating because this motherboard is meant to be a mining board, I wasn't expecting any of these problems...

I RMAd one of my H81 MOBOs on 20.09 (no POST) and I haven't heard anything about it from then... It seems that a lot of AsRock H81 Pro boards are faulty in some stupid way Angry
Hope everything works out for You and You can get a new MOBO fast if this problem doesn't get fixed!

smoolae

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:36:03 PM

Use your IGPU and test each pcie slot individually to see if you just have faulty pcie slots.

That's also a shoot worth taking!

bouldou

Activity: 403
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:50:27 PM

I've had some problems with the exact same PCIe riser you're using

Don't know why, but I never made it work properly, I have to change to this kind of risers (Molex risers) :

Never explained why  Huh

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
haggyy (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:01:58 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 03:39:22 PM by haggyy

Checked this, everything seems okay here

1000w PSU is pretty borderline for mining with 6 card rig, to be honest (Always give yourself headroom with PSU. Efficiency is better and You can have a nice night sleep knowing that You aren't pushing Your PSU too hard)

That is very true!! and yes I tried Gen 2 a still problems with the 3rd GPU  Cry

I really don't know what else to try, I completed another fresh install of windows thinking it would be maybe a reg key that had got corrupt but yeah didn't work..

Debating to buy 3 more PCI risers and possibly RMA the motherboard for a new one or different one..

I've tried to reach out to Asrock but they haven't got back to me yet. Its so frustrating because this motherboard is meant to be a mining board, I wasn't expecting any of these problems...

I RMAd one of my H81 MOBOs on 20.09 (no POST) and I haven't heard anything about it from then... It seems that a lot of AsRock H81 Pro boards are faulty in some stupid way Angry
Hope everything works out for You and You can get a new MOBO fast if this problem doesn't get fixed!

Thats crazy, im glad you managed to get that sorted!! And thanks, I've literally spent nearly 12 hours today to try resolve this, have never been so stressed in such a long time haha. I think I will literally just RMA the board at this rate. Praying that will solve the issue.

Don't know why, but I never made it work properly, I have to change to this kind of risers (Molex risers) : https://www.geewiz.co.za/54639-large_default/pcie-pci-e-usb-riser-card-molex-and-sata-powered-gpu-mining-1x-16x.jpg

Never explained why  Huh

No way really, did you have the same issue as me? Or was it something slightly different, I am also debating to just purchase 3 new PCI risers to see if this would actually make any difference
smoolae

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:14:41 PM

Interesting, I wouldn't quite know how to do that though is there a simple way?

That is very true!! and yes I tried Gen 2 a still problems with the 3rd GPU  Cry

Thats crazy, im glad you managed to get that sorted!! And thanks, I've literally spent nearly 12 hours today to try resolve this, have never been so stressed in such a long time haha. I think I will literally just RMA the board at this rate. Praying that will solve the issue.

Don't know why, but I never made it work properly, I have to change to this kind of risers (Molex risers) :

Never explained why  Huh

No way really, did you have the same issue as me? Or was it something slightly different, I am also debating to just purchase 3 new PCI risers to see if this would actually make any difference

I know the stress when shit like this happens! Being a student and after building a mining rig that doesn't POST with the hard earned money... Had times like You do right now, just spent days to get something to work. But in the end things worked out, they usually do! Wink

haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:25:51 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 09:51:27 PM by haggyy

I know the stress when shit like this happens! Being a student and after building a mining rig that doesn't POST with the hard earned money... Had times like You do right now, just spent days to get something to work. But in the end things worked out, they usually do! Wink

We can only hope my friend..  Cheesy

Really appreciating the input from everyone that is trying to help.. Keep them coming please!
P00P135

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:57:58 PM

Think google might have found a solution for you.
Go into the bios try to find
TOLUD "Top Of Lower Usable Dram"
set it to 3.5G

its somewhere under PCI-e where the integretaed graphic is also set......
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:35:57 AM

Think google might have found a solution for you.
Go into the bios try to find
TOLUD "Top Of Lower Usable Dram"
set it to 3.5G

its somewhere under PCI-e where the integretaed graphic is also set......

Hey bro, already tried looking for this setting, its no where to be seen within the BIOS  Embarrassed

haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:50:27 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2017, 11:25:47 AM by haggyy

UPDATE:

Okay, so I've finally heard back from Asrock.. They attached a later version of the BIOS to me on an email (V1.30B).

Weirdly their latest version that I could find on their website was V1.20B which is currently the one my motherboard is flashed to. They have also now told me that this later version has the "4G Decoding" feature in the settings.. Lips sealed !!

I am going to flash the BIOS later tonight when I have some free time and with a bit of luck I am praying this will resolve everything. I will keep you all updated with the progress!
P00P135

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:54:25 AM

UPDATE:

Okay, so I've finally heard back from Asrock.. They attached a later version of the BIOS to me on an email (V1.30B).

Weirdly their latest version that I could find on their website was V1.20B which is currently the one my motherboard is flashed to. They have also now told me that this later version has the "4G Decoding" feature in the settings.. Lips sealed !!

I am going to flash the BIOS later tonight when I have some free time and with a bit of luck I am praying this will resolve everything. I will keep you all updated with the progress!

Glad you actually got some help from Asrock.  Good luck with the flash.
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:42:02 PM

UPDATE:

Glad you actually got some help from Asrock.  Good luck with the flash.

Well to no surprise the flash to the later BIOS didn't work with 4G encoding enabled, I've emailed them back to see if there are any other solutions.  Embarrassed

I've also ordered 3 more PCI risers (molex) type to see if some bizarre reason this will fix it. If that doesn't work then i'm going to RMA the board and try again.

If all else fails I will buy a different motherboard completely, do you guys have any good suggestions on a decent mining socket 1150 board?
P00P135

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:24:30 PM

You can try BIOSTAR for LGA 1150 socket, but I think its about the same crapshoot as ASRock
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138436
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:23:39 AM

Set UEFI to IGPU as primary.  Use a dummy plug for that HDMI, do not use dummy plugs for other GPUs.
If that doesn't work, increase the physical RAM to 8GB.

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
Victorio

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:49:42 PM

1000w PSU is pretty borderline for mining with 6 card rig, to be honest (Always give yourself headroom with PSU.
Pretty borderline for lamers. For Ethereum mining, it has enough overhead. It has reserve even for core-intensive algorithms.
I have a rig consisting of 4x GTX1060 and 1x GTX1050Ti (60% of GTX1060 in both power and performance) overclocked and power-limited, it delivers 110 MH/s draining 510W from the socket. Factoring the PSU efficiency, I estimate the power consumption at 470W for 4.6x 1060.

haggyy (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:52:45 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 03:35:54 PM by haggyy

Set UEFI to IGPU as primary.  Use a dummy plug for that HDMI, do not use dummy plugs for other GPUs.
If that doesn't work, increase the physical RAM to 8GB.

Thanks for the advice man, I've tried setting the IGPU as primary and still get the same issues. (See image below).

http://i65.tinypic.com/2d0ifdc.png

I haven't tried upgrading to another 4GB's worth of RAM, but could this really be the reason? Pretty sure i've seen systems running 6 GPU's on 4GB's of RAM. Its an odd one.

I also RMA'd my motherboard thinking this would be the problem but still the same issues Cry

Really cant think what else to do, really stuck in limbo right now... So stressful for a first time rig loool. Debating to try a completely new motherboard maybe a later generation socket than 1150, really not sure its been a nightmare.
russellvb

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:48:15 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 05:10:26 AM by russellvb

Haggyy,

I have the *EXACT* same problem as you.  I've spent the last 12+ hours debugging to no avail.  I've read every post online umpteen times before I saw your post and realized it was recent.  I see the same blasted Code 12 "not enough free resources" error on my cards.

I'm uisng 6x GTX 1070 cards and 6 powered risers on the AsRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 motherboard.  I have 8GB RAM in my rig and I can tell you the amount of RAM doesn't matter for this issue, probably not worth you upgrading.  My PSU is a Corsair 1200W platinum, not that it matters.
Even though I'm using 6 cards, I had the same problem with fewer cards.  My first 2 cards worked fine so I ordered more.  After I added 2 more cards (total of 4), I could only get some of them working.  When my last 2 cards arrived (total of 6), 4 out of 6 are working.

4 of my cards work great and I can mine on them no problem.  2 of the cards have the yellow bang in Device Manager.  

I also disabled non-essentials in BIOS, changed out risers with working video cards, reloaded Win10 from scratch, checked and re-checked all connections, set virtual memory to 16,384 Mb, set Bios to gen1, NONE of it works.

Both molex plugs are in the mobo.  I also contacted AsRock, they sent me the 1.30 beta Bios and said turn on the "4G Decoding" setting but it didn't work.

This is my first time building a rig and it's working, but at two-thirds hash rate...

I've re-ordered risers to change them out to see if that's the issue since I see some forum users reporting bad risers causing this.  After trying that, I'm going to return the mobo and get a replacement.

Screenshot: http://oi67.tinypic.com/24q67ia.jpg

Have you made any progress?
We may need to start a therapy support group for the pain and suffering caused...

Russell
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:04:16 AM

Haggyy,

I have the *EXACT* same problem as you.  I've spent the last 12+ hours debugging to no avail.  I've read every post online umpteen times before I saw your post and realized it was recent.  I see the same blasted Code 12 "not enough free resources" error on my cards.

I'm uisng 6x GTX 1070 cards and 6 powered risers on the AsRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 motherboard.  I have 8GB RAM in my rig and I can tell you the amount of RAM doesn't matter for this issue, probably not worth you upgrading.  My PSU is a Corsair 1200W platinum, not that it matters.
Even though I'm using 6 cards, I had the same problem with fewer cards.  My first 2 cards worked fine so I ordered more.  After I added 2 more cards (total of 4), I could only get some of them working.  When my last 2 cards arrived (total of 6), 4 out of 6 are working.

4 of my cards work great and I can mine on them no problem.  2 of the cards have the yellow bang in Device Manager.  

I also disabled non-essentials in BIOS, changed out risers with working video cards, reloaded Win10 from scratch, checked and re-checked all connections, set virtual memory to 16,384 Mb, set Bios to gen1, NONE of it works.

Both molex plugs are in the mobo.  I also contacted AsRock, they sent me the 1.30 beta Bios and said turn on the "4G Decoding" setting but it didn't work.

This is my first time building a rig and it's working, but at two-thirds hash rate...

I've re-ordered risers to change them out to see if that's the issue since I see some forum users reporting bad risers causing this.  After trying that, I'm going to return the mobo and get a replacement.

Screenshot:

We may need to start a therapy support group for the pain and suffering caused...

Russell

well at this point theres really only a few things that are going to cause a not enough free resources

1 would be the cpu doesn't have support enough pci express lanes, number 2 could also be not enough ram, all devices need some ram to some extent even the gpus use motherboard ram, last but not least could be a straight up motherboard problem but I'm leaning twards not enough of either pci express lanes or not enough ram, so my advice would be to add more ram if your using anything less than 8gb, windows page file shouldn't be anything less than 16gb and as some people have mentioned, disable the stuff that isn't needed as those things do take up resources, things like sound are not needed to be active

@russellvb for you since your already running 8gb of system ram, id say the cpu could be your problem, not all cpus support the same amount of pci express lanes, that said if you have either a kaby lake or whats the other one? one of them doesn't support more than 4 gpus and the other works just fine with 6+ gpus.

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
haggyy (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:24:02 PM

Haggyy,

Screenshot: http://oi67.tinypic.com/24q67ia.jpg

Russell

Hi Russel

I cant believe you're having the same issues to, what a dilemma.. ASRock also advised me to install to a previous version of windows but tbh I really do not think this is the problem.

The amount of hours I've spent doing this to is crazy it hasn't been a smooth experience to say the least lol..  Cheesy

No more progress as of yet I was going to wait until this weekend to get my hands dug into it again. I'm literally debating to change to a completely new motherboard and move to a later generation socket praying that will fix the issues. Please let me know how you get on with the new risers that is one thing I never tried, I have stuck to the same 3 PCI risers that I know for a fact work as they have been tested individually over and over again.

Oh and I noticed you said you were going to replace the mobo however I have already tried this and results are still the same.. Not to sure if that will help save you some time.

Hahahaha and yeah we will definitely need some serious therapy after this haha.

Keep me updated on how you are getting on man.

ALSO: Interesting point CryptoWatcher420 made about the CPU handling more than a certain amount of cards, my CPU in my mining rig is a (Intel Pentium G3260, 3.3GHz, 3MB Cache, LGA1150, 2 Core, 2 Threads) - If anyone is clued up on CPU's and their interaction with GPU's please let me know, is it possible that my CPU cant handle these later generation cards perhaps?
smoolae

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:19:56 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2401059.new#new
Maybe this will help you. One guy came up with a solution!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: