Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:30:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRISM - Who else is disgusted by this?  (Read 41058 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:25:57 PM

In other words, many are now wide-awake for their "prism" raping.
A great many of these sorts of systems of top down control crumble when a country's economic self corrects after periods of severe overspending, such as the US is in right now.

Au contraire!  Corporations and our government here in the US are increasingly mutually supporting and merged via lobbying, revolving door structures, etc, so in many respects they can be considered as one entity.

Critically, a lot of power structures fail to retain control absent the sort of police state apparatus necessary for totalitarian population management.  I believe that people's pensions and other 'entitlements'* are already gone and have been for some time.  The only real shoe to drop is letting the population know (as they just did in Detroit) and the news is almost certain to be met with dis-satisfaction on the part of the losers.  Real wealth is generally zero-sum and it did not disappear.  It was transferred so a logical reconciliation which would resonate with the losers would be to transfer it back.  This is unacceptable to our political leadership who generally are composed of or installed by the winners, and hence the need for a 'turn-key' solution to keep the plebs in their place when the time comes.  That is THE primary rational for the most capable surveillance system the world has yet known.  Of course this is my personal hypothesis.

(*) 'Entitlements' are thus named because, for instance, I paid a lot into Social Security and am as such 'entitled' to get it back when I need it for retirement or whatever.  Of course I never counted on it and thus my toe dipped into Bitcoin, PM's, etc, and actively avoided such obvious scams as 401K (or 404K as I think it will come to be known.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
craslovell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 03:09:18 AM

A great many of these sorts of systems of top down control crumble when a country's economic self corrects after periods of severe overspending, such as the US is in right now.

Au contraire!  Corporations and our government here in the US are increasingly mutually supporting and merged via lobbying, revolving door structures, etc, so in many respects they can be considered as one entity.

Critically, a lot of power structures fail to retain control absent the sort of police state apparatus necessary for totalitarian population management.  I believe that people's pensions and other 'entitlements'* are already gone and have been for some time.  The only real shoe to drop is letting the population know (as they just did in Detroit) and the news is almost certain to be met with dis-satisfaction on the part of the losers.  Real wealth is generally zero-sum and it did not disappear.  It was transferred so a logical reconciliation which would resonate with the losers would be to transfer it back.  This is unacceptable to our political leadership who generally are composed of or installed by the winners, and hence the need for a 'turn-key' solution to keep the plebs in their place when the time comes.  That is THE primary rational for the most capable surveillance system the world has yet known.  Of course this is my personal hypothesis.

(*) 'Entitlements' are thus named because, for instance, I paid a lot into Social Security and am as such 'entitled' to get it back when I need it for retirement or whatever.  Of course I never counted on it and thus my toe dipped into Bitcoin, PM's, etc, and actively avoided such obvious scams as 401K (or 404K as I think it will come to be known.)

"404K", I got a chuckle out of that  Grin

This thread has gotten so deep, there's almost too much to respond to. One of my largest concerns for the US is the blatant manipulation of the media. TV truly is serving only one purpose in this county and that is to make people content being sheep. People will always use the "it's only entertainment" excuse but come on, "Jershey Shore", "Honey Boo Boo", "Real Housewives of New Jersey" just to name a few... disgusting. I feel dumber just trying to think of these titles. You know there are actually thousands of devout fans that would put off interaction with other people or even call off of work to watch this garbage.

Past the point of appeasing idiots with horrendous TV programming - there comes the redirection of attention from important news. One clear case that has happened in the past two weeks was information about the Bradley Manning trial. Didn't hear much about that from the so called "leaders in news" in America. No, people were a million times more concerned with the Trayvon Martin case....

I just, I can't, can't even brain right now.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:17:23 PM

Au contraire!  Corporations and our government here in the US are increasingly mutually supporting and merged via lobbying, revolving door structures, etc, so in many respects they can be considered as one entity.

Critically, a lot of power structures fail to retain control absent the sort of police state apparatus necessary for totalitarian population management.  I believe that people's pensions and other 'entitlements'* are already gone and have been for some time.  The only real shoe to drop is letting the population know (as they just did in Detroit) and the news is almost certain to be met with dis-satisfaction on the part of the losers.  Real wealth is generally zero-sum and it did not disappear.  It was transferred so a logical reconciliation which would resonate with the losers would be to transfer it back.  This is unacceptable to our political leadership who generally are composed of or installed by the winners, and hence the need for a 'turn-key' solution to keep the plebs in their place when the time comes.  That is THE primary rational for the most capable surveillance system the world has yet known.  Of course this is my personal hypothesis.

(*) 'Entitlements' are thus named because, for instance, I paid a lot into Social Security and am as such 'entitled' to get it back when I need it for retirement or whatever.  Of course I never counted on it and thus my toe dipped into Bitcoin, PM's, etc, and actively avoided such obvious scams as 401K (or 404K as I think it will come to be known.)

"404K", I got a chuckle out of that  Grin

This thread has gotten so deep, there's almost too much to respond to.

That's quite interesting isn't it?

One of my largest concerns for the US is the blatant manipulation of the media. TV truly is serving only one purpose in this county and that is to make people content being sheep. People will always use the "it's only entertainment" excuse but come on, "Jershey Shore", "Honey Boo Boo", "Real Housewives of New Jersey" just to name a few... disgusting. I feel dumber just trying to think of these titles. You know there are actually thousands of devout fans that would put off interaction with other people or even call off of work to watch this garbage.

Past the point of appeasing idiots with horrendous TV programming - there comes the redirection of attention from important news. One clear case that has happened in the past two weeks was information about the Bradley Manning trial. Didn't hear much about that from the so called "leaders in news" in America. No, people were a million times more concerned with the Trayvon Martin case....

I just, I can't, can't even brain right now.

It could be something different, something radically different than that which you express.  Suppose that we are just coming out of a filthy stinking swamp and for the first time breathe fresh air.  Never know what you missed before, did you?

We now view - at least a fair percentage of people - view the TV mess from afar and see it quite clearly.

Even a great many of the people you criticize - the kids that watch reality TV - see the TV mess of news programming for exactly what it is - and see it from afar.

Those are sea changes at work, they are huge.

The fundamental dynamics of an enemy from afar, seeking totalitarian control over you and I, and the heroic seeking of independence, freedom and liberty are unchanged as struggles and perspectives of the individual.

But now that struggle is against branches of an over reaching US government, instead of coming from Eurasia.  As a distant enemy is Russia or China any "farther away" than Washington DC or the NSA?

cWq34#9tH-3

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:55:49 PM

Well all I can say is that many people have said that the would rather die fighting for freedom then to lose it; and that if they take away our freedoms, then the "terrists" have won. Hmmn? Hey! waitaminute! Somethin's not right here! Where'd all the freedom lovers go?

As for the mass-media, yes-sireee-bob, a large percentage of our population is now on to them (realizing that it's pretty much ALL controlled propaganda) and that's what worries me most now - because we very well may be approaching a critical mass: the dirty rats know this too. So what's in store for us next? What happens when you corner a scared and ruthless rat?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:20:14 AM

Well all I can say is that many people have said that the would rather die fighting for freedom then to lose it; and that if they take away our freedoms, then the "terrists" have won. Hmmn? Hey! waitaminute! Somethin's not right here! Where'd all the freedom lovers go?

As for the mass-media, yes-sireee-bob, a large percentage of our population is now on to them (realizing that it's pretty much ALL controlled propaganda) and that's what worries me most now - because we very well may be approaching a critical mass: the dirty rats know this too. So what's in store for us next? What happens when you corner a scared and ruthless rat?
IF you have not seen it you'd not believe it.

A scared and cornered rat will attack a Doberman.  He'll straight on attack, with a jump sink his teeth right into the Doberman's nose, and have that dog crying like a baby.  He'll hang on and on and on, and the dog will try to shake him off, but that creates even greater pain.

DON'T get into the situation where there is a cornered rat and you have to deal with it, whether it is a actual Norway rat as I described above or the political more or less human style of rat.
cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:56:06 AM

A scared and cornered rat will attack a Doberman.  He'll straight on attack, with a jump sink his teeth right into the Doberman's nose, and have that dog crying like a baby.  He'll hang on and on and on, and the dog will try to shake him off, but that creates even greater pain.

DON'T get into the situation where there is a cornered rat and you have to deal with it, whether it is a actual Norway rat as I described above or the political more or less human style of rat.

That's why I'm just watching the show and other a smart-aleck comment here and there (which I cannot resist}, I will have nothing to do with it. I think that the people have (now) what they deserve and they will get lots more of it - more than they could ever imagine. Bully for them; I like to see people get what they deserve.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:08:29 AM

According to Google translate, Der Spiegel is reporting that the long-suspected NSA backdoor has been found in the Windows implementation of SSL.

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/windows-hintertuer-gefaehrdet-ssl-verschluesselung-a-913825.html
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:18:44 AM

That's why I'm just watching the show and other a smart-aleck comment here and there (which I cannot resist}, I will have nothing to do with it. I think that the people have (now) what they deserve and they will get lots more of it - more than they could ever imagine. Bully for them; I like to see people get what they deserve.

And what happens, exactly, when you are caught in the figurative crossfire between those folks "getting what they deserve" and the fellows dishing out the "just deserts"?

BTC Long.
cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:51:26 AM

According to Google translate, Der Spiegel is reporting that the long-suspected NSA backdoor has been found in the Windows implementation of SSL.

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/windows-hintertuer-gefaehrdet-ssl-verschluesselung-a-913825.html

If our press/mm is covering this, I'd like to know where.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:58:04 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 04:20:31 AM by bernard75

This is 3 days old: http://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Microsofts-Hintertuer-1921730.html
Actually it is even older since it was in the print editition of the 29.07.2013
Just some old news dug up there Cheesy
cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:58:32 AM

And what happens, exactly, when you are caught in the figurative crossfire between those folks "getting what they deserve" and the fellows dishing out the "just deserts"?

All I can tell you is that I more than paid my dues and I have no desire, intent, or interest in becoming a matyr for pos that don't deserve their freedom. Call it schadenfreude or whatever. If I am so blessed, then I am going to be around long enough to enjoy watching the rats do what they will to them.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:31:03 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM
cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:21:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM

I won't be singing that song unless I get to see those that deserve it to get caught in the crossfire first. In which case, I hope that they also get to see me dance a nice jig before I meet my end. Ah but anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:03:04 PM

X-KEYSCORE anyone?
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:58:56 AM

X-KEYSCORE anyone?

This country is a god damn travesty.

Fuck everything about this.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 02:31:31 AM

X-KEYSCORE anyone?

This country is a god damn travesty.

Fuck everything about this.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:01:08 AM

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2013/7/31/1375269316245/KS4-001.jpg

NSA

Internet Explorer

Roll Eyes
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 07:37:59 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2013, 07:52:39 AM by Spendulus

Skype backdoor confirmation...

http://lists.randombit.net/pipermail/cryptography/2013-May/004224.html
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:29:46 AM

It was in the news today that the NSA can read almost every data that is on the internet.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
bernard75
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:31:28 PM

yeah, when i turned on fox news i couldnt belive it
but hey, i have nothing to hide
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: