Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoins for Edward Snowden.  (Read 30961 times)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 01:05:05 AM

are you guys all still worrying about some criminal that broke his oath? Huh

his oath to what the constitution? where does it say in the constitution that one must aid and abed rogue agencies in crimes against humanity?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 01:36:33 AM

what constitution? Are you talking about The one we are seeing shred little by little  Cry
In the name of keeping us ignorant helpless US Citizens safe from the Terrorist who will kill us
for no other reason other than we are who we are and worship a different god not Alah Huh

Yeah, the US Gov will keep you and me safe at all costs from the Snowden`s of the world.

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 04:14:40 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 04:31:55 AM by marcus_of_augustus

... just going to file here in the "Absurd" bin for posterity ...

http://ktla.com/2013/06/21/exclusive-hastings-sent-colleagues-email-hours-before-crash/#axzz2X5MJsCFG

http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/news/lapd-officially-confirms-michael-hastings-car-crash-victim-233000393.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345332/Paranoid-Michael-Hastings-told-WikiLeaks-lawyer-investigated-FBI-hours-deadly-car-crash.html

The message read: “Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him.”

Just wondering if it is possible to remotely hack a 2013 Mercedes C250 instrument system and set throttle to full? Or would a separate remote control device need planting on the vehicle to effect such an outcome?

Hastings last piece on Buzzfeed, pretty chilling stuff:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/why-democrats-love-to-spy-on-americans
It’s unclear where a possible third leak investigation would lead. However, judging by the DOJ’s and FBI’s recent history, it would seem that any new leak case would involve obtaining the phone records of reporters at the Guardian, the Washington Post, employees at various agencies who would have had access to the leaked material, as well as politicians and staffers in Congress—records, we now can safely posit, they already have unchecked and full access to.

In short: any so-called credible DOJ/FBI leak investigation, by its very nature, would have to involve the Obama administration invasively using the very surveillance and data techniques it is attempting to hide in order to snoop on a few Democratic Senators and more media outlets, including one based overseas.

ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 07:30:44 AM

You should know all of the workings of your governments it's only fair because you pay them. They are supposed to work for you and do as you say and what you want.

I think this is one of the most dangerous delusions man can have. Government governs you. This has nothing to do with "working for you".

If you're in a prison cell, would you say the prison guard with a gun and the keys to your cell is working for you?

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
DeanC

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:19:44 AM

You should know all of the workings of your governments it's only fair because you pay them. They are supposed to work for you and do as you say and what you want.

I think this is one of the most dangerous delusions man can have. Government governs you. This has nothing to do with "working for you".

If you're in a prison cell, would you say the prison guard with a gun and the keys to your cell is working for you?
+1
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:26:13 AM

... just going to file here in the "Absurd" bin for posterity ...

http://ktla.com/2013/06/21/exclusive-hastings-sent-colleagues-email-hours-before-crash/#axzz2X5MJsCFG

http://ca.movies.yahoo.com/news/lapd-officially-confirms-michael-hastings-car-crash-victim-233000393.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2345332/Paranoid-Michael-Hastings-told-WikiLeaks-lawyer-investigated-FBI-hours-deadly-car-crash.html

The message read: “Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him.”

Just wondering if it is possible to remotely hack a 2013 Mercedes C250 instrument system and set throttle to full? Or would a separate remote control device need planting on the vehicle to effect such an outcome?

Hastings last piece on Buzzfeed, pretty chilling stuff:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/why-democrats-love-to-spy-on-americans
It’s unclear where a possible third leak investigation would lead. However, judging by the DOJ’s and FBI’s recent history, it would seem that any new leak case would involve obtaining the phone records of reporters at the Guardian, the Washington Post, employees at various agencies who would have had access to the leaked material, as well as politicians and staffers in Congress—records, we now can safely posit, they already have unchecked and full access to.

In short: any so-called credible DOJ/FBI leak investigation, by its very nature, would have to involve the Obama administration invasively using the very surveillance and data techniques it is attempting to hide in order to snoop on a few Democratic Senators and more media outlets, including one based overseas.

For more reading re: drone killing:

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1687.htm

Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 09:55:26 AM

It is funny to me that the US has been politely asking for Snowden back only to get a lukewarm response back from the countries he has fled to. Seems like getting caught spying on your neighbors with cameras and bugs, then going back over to ask for a cup of sugar.

Any word on actually getting Snowden some funds somehow? I feel if he had some kind of plan to do this at some point he would have secured himself financially somehow with such a high paying position, obviously he didn't just jump out of bed one morning and go "You know, I feel like dickpunching my government today and throwing away my life and career". Despite that, this man deserves some support for his sacrifices in exposing the real life Big Brother for what it is.

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:02:48 AM

It is funny to me that the US has been politely asking for Snowden back only to get a lukewarm response back from the countries he has fled to. Seems like getting caught spying on your neighbors with cameras and bugs, then going back over to ask for a cup of sugar.
Snowden's passport was revoked, which means he wasn't allowed to travel period. Let's face it, he paid China and Russia for help - not with bitcoins, I might add.
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:56:11 AM

For more reading re: drone killing:

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1687.htm

... well that's pretty out there, but hey, extra-judicial drone strikes on US citizens who are a threat to "national security" are now legal according to Obama and Holder so who knows ... ?

... since "national security" can seem to mean anything you want it to mean for congress critters, judges, officials and sundry washington elites regarding 'legal spying' on Americans I suppose the same threshold is appropriate for extra-judicial killings for 'national security' threats ?

Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:07:24 AM

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad man." - John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, 1st Baron

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:09:31 AM

Let's face it, he paid China and Russia for help
Implying making US mad isn't worth much more than money

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
padalin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:41:38 AM

are you guys all still worrying about some criminal that broke his oath? Huh

his oath to what the constitution? where does it say in the constitution that one must aid and abed rogue agencies in crimes against humanity?

specifically when he signed to agree to keep secret info secret. A real "hero" would do the release and then turn himself in recognizing that he too broke the rules.
areebmajeed

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:47:38 AM

Author, I just read the TITLE only and found that you used "BitCoins". Sorry to say that you are not among us.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:53:56 AM

specifically when he signed to agree to keep secret info secret. A real "hero" would do the release and then turn himself in recognizing that he too broke the rules.

You do realize they'll just torture him for weeks years before they kill him? Why would anyone turn themselves in? would you?
FTFY

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:54:16 AM

Snowden touches down in Moscow .... ooops, honey trap, send moar bitcoins boyz!  Cheesy

http://blog.ste-global.net/?p=1292

padalin

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:57:19 AM

You do realize they'll just torture him for weeks before they kill him? Why would anyone turn themselves in? would you?

LOL right! with all this publicity I am sure they could get away with that! Sorry but back in the real world that just doesn't hold water. With him halving worked for the CIA earlier in his career he would also know that. I myself am ex military and had high level clearance. There are many other ways to have done this. If for some reason he couldn't figure any of those out (would have to be a complete idiot.) and he felt it was really worth it for the good of the country (the people not the corrupt government leaders) He would have both done the release and then took the hit himself. That would be a person I could consider worth respecting.

Also please don't confuse my lack of respect for him as a person as agreement with the systems he exposed.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:04:08 PM

You do realize they'll just torture him for weeks before they kill him? Why would anyone turn themselves in? would you?

LOL right! with all this publicity I am sure they could get away with that! Sorry but back in the real world that just doesn't hold water. With him halving worked for the CIA earlier in his career he would also know that. I myself am ex military and had high level clearance. There are many other ways to have done this. If for some reason he couldn't figure any of those out (would have to be a complete idiot.) and he felt it was really worth it for the good of the country (the people not the corrupt government leaders) He would have both done the release and then took the hit himself. That would be a person I could consider worth respecting.

Also please don't confuse my lack of respect for him as a person as agreement with the systems he exposed.
Of course you would have made a wiser choice.

padalin

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:08:21 PM

Of course you would have made a wiser choice.

I would hope so. I also hope that the 2 children that I have raised and are now in the military (US NAVY and Marine) and the 1 that is currently try to get into the US Air force academy would.

EDIT.. This is exactly what I had told them when this first started.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:19:05 PM

What I meant by that is that the government is only powerful because the people pay them. We are paying being forced to pay for these systems with tax money, surely if we pay for them we should at least know if they exist and are morally right, this is supposed to be a democracy.

Is that supposed to be a good thing somehow?

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 01:46:50 PM

this is supposed to be a democracy.

Is that supposed to be a good thing somehow?

Yes.  Just because people have misused and abused a word..

(note: representative democracy is neither)

doesn't mean that the thousands of years old concept is unworthy. 
The concept has even proven its ability to solve the Byzantine General's problem.  In fact it may be only now coming of age and actually could be implemented. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: