Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:59:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PHR] Phore - 100% PoS 3.0 - Masternodes - Zerocoin - Governance No ICO/Premine  (Read 67644 times)
chiamalogio

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:45:09 PM

@Phore Devs

Hello !
Considering a Masternode is now worth ~$25K, could you please try pushing the development of Ledger Nano support ?
I feel uncomfortable having that kind of money in a desktop wallet...
Thanks !

Will it be possible to run a masternode and deposit the 10k Phore on the Ledger Nano S? That would be awesome!

NO POSSIBLE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:45:59 PM

hello people, looking forward to getting in now, Wanna stake with my wallet. But, can somebody explain what is the ROI of the staking this coin? I read the threat and couldn't find the exact info about that...?

Shanto

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:27:47 PM

hello people, looking forward to getting in now, Wanna stake with my wallet. But, can somebody explain what is the ROI of the staking this coin? I read the threat and couldn't find the exact info about that...?

Please scroll down on our github page for the chart.

https://github.com/phoreproject/Phore
Lock00Live

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:04:26 PM

Dev,  are there plans to change the banners and copy on Twitter and the website to mention the upcoming marketplace?
Phore's #1 selling point is its upcoming marketplace as it has only a few competitors in the space
Privacy, governance and masternodes do not make it unique.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Guybrush-Threepwood

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:45:59 PM

Phore masternodes and coin staking is a great way to earn a passive income. The crypto community is definitely moving towards POS and the privacy coin model. This area will see the biggest growth for 2018 and Phore is at the cutting edge!

Once you've setup your masternode or staking wallet - just leave it running and $$$$'s automatically keep coming out your computer! It's like printing money!

Phore development and marketing team are great. Community is friendly and welcoming. Zerocoin feature on Phore is awesome! Marketplace will have first mover advantage - offering huge benefits.

It's creating a fantastic buzz within the Crypto Community. This is a no-brainer - it's like buying Bitcoin in 2011 !
litas

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:04:43 PM

I have one masternode that bough a while ago, I set it up and forgot about it and now I see it went 10x in value. Why suddenly everyone started buying it? Is it all because of the marketplace? Did I miss something?
Ryancope123

Activity: 277

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:15:04 PM

I have one masternode that bough a while ago, I set it up and forgot about it and now I see it went 10x in value. Why suddenly everyone started buying it? Is it all because of the marketplace? Did I miss something?

It's a few things, firstly the expansion of the team and community.

Secondly, it's starting to be realised that this is a seriously undervalued project.

Expect big things 2018.

Shanto

Activity: 311

The

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:37:37 AM

https://www.hostmns.net/phore-pool

Hostmn's now has a Phore Masternode sharing service for people who don't have enough PHR for a masternode.

Visit the link for more info.

You can also chat with CallMeBaiter on our discord for quick, professional and friendly support. https://discord.gg/Aucncz5
ivan376

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

stabilascan.org

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:03:00 AM

Hello...how's the test market? Any link?

snook

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:13:11 AM

Hi, I just bought some coins.  Then I sent them to my local wallet.  When I tried to encrypt the wallet it crashed.  I still have my first wallet.dat, but my coins aren't showing up.  How do I retrieve that first wallet address?

Is your wallet fully synced? If yes, you can try the wallet repair options under "Tools" in the Phore Core Wallet.

Do you know how I can try to repair if the original wallet.dat won't load up.  every time I put it in the folder and try to restart it says wallet is corrupt, salvage failed.

thanks for any info.
jeeri

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:19:24 AM

Hi

When I tried running the Phore Dameaon after setup, getting the below error:
root@F-Phore-MN01:~# phored –daemon
No command 'phored' found, did you mean:
 Command 'phoned' from package 'dnet-progs' (universe)
phored: command not found

I tried below one still there is another error:

root@F-Phore-MN01:~# ./phored –daemon
Error: There is no RPC client functionality in phored anymore. Use the phore-cli utility instead.

Can some one please suggest?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:30:30 AM

Hi

When I tried running the Phore Dameaon after setup, getting the below error:
root@F-Phore-MN01:~# phored –daemon
No command 'phored' found, did you mean:
 Command 'phoned' from package 'dnet-progs' (universe)
phored: command not found

I tried below one still there is another error:

root@F-Phore-MN01:~# ./phored –daemon
Error: There is no RPC client functionality in phored anymore. Use the phore-cli utility instead.

Can some one please suggest?

You start the daemon just with "./phored"

Once the deamon is running, all the other commands are done with phore-cli, such as "./phore-cli getinfo", this is what the second error message is trying to tell you.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
NoxX

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:33:47 AM

Hi, I just bought some coins.  Then I sent them to my local wallet.  When I tried to encrypt the wallet it crashed.  I still have my first wallet.dat, but my coins aren't showing up.  How do I retrieve that first wallet address?

Is your wallet fully synced? If yes, you can try the wallet repair options under "Tools" in the Phore Core Wallet.

Do you know how I can try to repair if the original wallet.dat won't load up.  every time I put it in the folder and try to restart it says wallet is corrupt, salvage failed.

thanks for any info.

Can you try making a shortcut to phore-qt.exe, and in the "target" of the shortcut you put -salvagewallet after phore-qt.exe, so e.g.

c:\phore\phore.qt.exe -salvagewallet

Then run this.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
AryaStark991

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:07:07 AM

What is the real total supply now? And where can this information be found?  Cool
Minted Crypto

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:15:39 AM

Phore MN was on my list. I missed the train. Out of reach now. Congrats to the MN owners!
NoxX

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:04:19 AM

What is the real total supply now? And where can this information be found?  Cool

Around 11.4 M coins supply at the moment. Information on supply and inflation can be found here:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/phr/#@inflation

Also worth mentioning that about a quarter of coins (3.5 M) are currently locked up in Masternodes.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Wigi

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:06:52 AM

This project looks really promising. But I have few questions. How important those masternodes are for the network? I feel that 10k phore might be to high price for masternode. Right now it works perfectly, but if this hits mainstream and coin cap rises to 1-3B. Then those masternodes are worth millions. This could be huge problem. First most average joes probably start to sell their masternodes. Million would be life changing for most people and keeping that amount in one coin might feel too risky. Also there are hackers and other problems that might make people to sell. Secondly new masternodes would be way too expensive to buy, so no new masternodes, unless price dumps a lot.

My other concern is that high masternode price could also make a price cap to this coin. Like even if the coin rises to 10$ (that would be 100k masternode) It might already make snowball effect where most master nodes would melt to the market. dumpin coin back down. If you did buy masternode for 5k then 100k might feel really tempting. Also low masternode count could start to centralize the network which could be a problem.

I feel this is my only big concern about this coin.. Low coin supply and high masternode price could lead only handful of masternodes in long run. Which I feel could be bad for privacy coin?
NoxX

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:14:16 AM

This project looks really promising. But I have few questions. How important those masternodes are for the network? I feel that 10k phore might be to high price for masternode. Right now it works perfectly, but if this hits mainstream and coin cap rises to 1-3B. Then those masternodes are worth millions. This could be huge problem. First most average joes probably start to sell their masternodes. Million would be life changing for most people and keeping that amount in one coin might feel too risky. Also there are hackers and other problems that might make people to sell. Secondly new masternodes would be way too expensive to buy, so no new masternodes, unless price dumps a lot.

My other concern is that high masternode price could also make a price cap to this coin. Like even if the coin rises to 10$ (that would be 100k masternode) It might already make snowball effect where most master nodes would melt to the market. dumpin coin back down. If you did buy masternode for 5k then 100k might feel really tempting. Also low masternode count could start to centralize the network which could be a problem.

I feel this is my only big concern about this coin.. Low coin supply and high masternode price could lead only handful of masternodes in long run.

If you look at DMD Diamond, they also have 10k masternodes, and 1 DMD is currently around $18. Yes, this is very expensive and too much for many people, but there are shared masternodes available (same as PHR), and there is also normal POS staking.

Also, the fewer masternodes exist, the higher the reward per masternode. This means ROI will always be high for masternode holders, and should lead to a good balance between masternodes and normal POS minting.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Wigi

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:37:32 AM

I feel this is my only big concern about this coin.. Low coin supply and high masternode price could lead only handful of masternodes in long run.

If you look at DMD Diamond, they also have 10k masternodes, and 1 DMD is currently around $18. Yes, this is very expensive and too much for many people, but there are shared masternodes available (same as PHR), and there is also normal POS staking.

Also, the fewer masternodes exist, the higher the reward per masternode. This means ROI will always be high for masternode holders, and should lead to a good balance between masternodes and normal POS minting.

True, but I feel low masternode count could be an issue for privacy coin? It's true that when there are low number of masternodes then the rewards are better. However when to get those rewards would need milloins of dollars at risk it would be an issue itself. Even if the ROI could be really good the problem would be that very few people even have that kind of capital to invest in first place. Secondly are those who have that kind of capital, ready to invest that kind of money in long run into one coin? Year at crypto world is really long time.

I'm not familiar to shared masternodes.. Do you need to give your capital to 3rd party to participate? Isn't that huge risk? How do you know they don't just disappear after a year? If dev's could code shared masternode options into the walled then it's obliviously different story. If you could just lend your coins to masternode owner (who can't access or withdraw those coins and coins are there only to activate the masternode) it might work out.
NoxX

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:12:44 PM

True, but I feel low masternode count could be an issue for privacy coin? It's true that when there are low number of masternodes then the rewards are better. However when to get those rewards would need milloins of dollars at risk it would be an issue itself. Even if the ROI could be really good the problem would be that very few people even have that kind of capital to invest in first place. Secondly are those who have that kind of capital, ready to invest that kind of money in long run into one coin? Year at crypto world is really long time.

I'm not familiar to shared masternodes.. Do you need to give your capital to 3rd party to participate? Isn't that huge risk? How do you know they don't just disappear after a year? If dev's could code shared masternode options into the walled then it's obliviously different story. If you could just lend your coins to masternode owner (who can't access or withdraw those coins and coins are there only to activate the masternode) it might work out.

Yes, I see what you are saying, and to a certain extent Masternodes are uncharted territory, as they haven't been around that long. Current shared masternodes indeed require you to give the coins to a third party, which is not ideal, but depending on the reputation of the third party I feel this is similar to using an exchange, which also requires sending funds to a third party. I am not involved in the development of PHR, so I'm not sure if in-wallet shared MN are possible, but obviously this would be great.

At the moment we have about 350 MN, which is a lot. Yes, if the price rises, MN owners might be tempted to sell, but at the same time, unless you urgently need cash, why sell, if you can just keep the MN and continuously get rewards? I think most current MN holders will keep theirs. Yes, it would be difficult for someone starting from scratch to acquire a full MN, but you can accumulate over time and you still get POS rewards, even if you hold much less than 10k. For people looking to make a quick buck that is a different story, but PHR is probably not the right coin for that anyway...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: