Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:46:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PHR] Phore - 100% PoS 3.0 - Masternodes - Zerocoin - Governance No ICO/Premine  (Read 67644 times)
Wigi

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:15:51 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 01:29:13 PM by Wigi

True, but I feel low masternode count could be an issue for privacy coin? It's true that when there are low number of masternodes then the rewards are better. However when to get those rewards would need milloins of dollars at risk it would be an issue itself. Even if the ROI could be really good the problem would be that very few people even have that kind of capital to invest in first place. Secondly are those who have that kind of capital, ready to invest that kind of money in long run into one coin? Year at crypto world is really long time.

I'm not familiar to shared masternodes.. Do you need to give your capital to 3rd party to participate? Isn't that huge risk? How do you know they don't just disappear after a year? If dev's could code shared masternode options into the walled then it's obliviously different story. If you could just lend your coins to masternode owner (who can't access or withdraw those coins and coins are there only to activate the masternode) it might work out.

Yes, I see what you are saying, and to a certain extent Masternodes are uncharted territory, as they haven't been around that long. Current shared masternodes indeed require you to give the coins to a third party, which is not ideal, but depending on the reputation of the third party I feel this is similar to using an exchange, which also requires sending funds to a third party. I am not involved in the development of PHR, so I'm not sure if in-wallet shared MN are possible, but obviously this would be great.

At the moment we have about 350 MN, which is a lot. Yes, if the price rises, MN owners might be tempted to sell, but at the same time, unless you urgently need cash, why sell, if you can just keep the MN and continuously get rewards? I think most current MN holders will keep theirs. Yes, it would be difficult for someone starting from scratch to acquire a full MN, but you can accumulate over time and you still get POS rewards, even if you hold much less than 10k. For people looking to make a quick buck that is a different story, but PHR is probably not the right coin for that anyway...

Yep this is my biggest concern. Other than that project look very promising. It's just that 1000 phore masternode could have been better solution for long run. Specially when there are only ~12 millions of coins. That would have keep masternode affordable longer time period, make masternode count healthy even if price would be something like 100$ (which is only 1b market cap?). Right now I don't see it could reach that price without reducing masternode counts to really low. Also affordable masternode would have made price go up faster. Now 10$ would probably have been 100$ with cheaper masternode.

Other solution could have been to made 100 million coin supply. (It would have made coin more stable and easier to trade.) In price point higher amount of coins is actually better. It's easier to get high market cap when there are more coins. People are more willingly to buy 10$ coin than 100$ or 1000$ coin. Even if it doesn't matter price wise. Like if you now have 10 000 coins then if supply was 100 million you would now have 100 000 coins in same price. However psychologically it matters. I think it's one of the reasons why example verge is now close to 1b cap and It's not even good privacy coin! (it just look cheap when it's only 5 cent a coin, when market cap wise it's really expensive.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hqthief

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:57:19 PM

I have bought some 200 phore's, now I enabled staking via the conf. file and the staking is active according to the small indicator in low right corner.

Under combined balances my PHR amount is shown correct but there are 0.00 locked phores. I though you would have to lock your coins to be staking. Am I actively staking at this moment with no locked coins?
shinep

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:18:53 PM

This project looks really promising. But I have few questions. How important those masternodes are for the network? I feel that 10k phore might be to high price for masternode. Right now it works perfectly, but if this hits mainstream and coin cap rises to 1-3B. Then those masternodes are worth millions. This could be huge problem. First most average joes probably start to sell their masternodes. Million would be life changing for most people and keeping that amount in one coin might feel too risky. Also there are hackers and other problems that might make people to sell. Secondly new masternodes would be way too expensive to buy, so no new masternodes, unless price dumps a lot.

My other concern is that high masternode price could also make a price cap to this coin. Like even if the coin rises to 10$ (that would be 100k masternode) It might already make snowball effect where most master nodes would melt to the market. dumpin coin back down. If you did buy masternode for 5k then 100k might feel really tempting. Also low masternode count could start to centralize the network which could be a problem.

I feel this is my only big concern about this coin.. Low coin supply and high masternode price could lead only handful of masternodes in long run. Which I feel could be bad for privacy coin?
Have you seen how expensive is a DASH masternode now? Did you see any issues with the dash network yet?
I dont think it really matters.
Wigi

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:32:27 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 02:55:39 PM by Wigi

This project looks really promising. But I have few questions. How important those masternodes are for the network? I feel that 10k phore might be to high price for masternode. Right now it works perfectly, but if this hits mainstream and coin cap rises to 1-3B. Then those masternodes are worth millions. This could be huge problem. First most average joes probably start to sell their masternodes. Million would be life changing for most people and keeping that amount in one coin might feel too risky. Also there are hackers and other problems that might make people to sell. Secondly new masternodes would be way too expensive to buy, so no new masternodes, unless price dumps a lot.

My other concern is that high masternode price could also make a price cap to this coin. Like even if the coin rises to 10$ (that would be 100k masternode) It might already make snowball effect where most master nodes would melt to the market. dumpin coin back down. If you did buy masternode for 5k then 100k might feel really tempting. Also low masternode count could start to centralize the network which could be a problem.

I feel this is my only big concern about this coin.. Low coin supply and high masternode price could lead only handful of masternodes in long run.

If you look at DMD Diamond, they also have 10k masternodes, and 1 DMD is currently around $18. Yes, this is very expensive and too much for many people, but there are shared masternodes available (same as PHR), and there is also normal POS staking.

Also, the fewer masternodes exist, the higher the reward per masternode. This means ROI will always be high for masternode holders, and should lead to a good balance between masternodes and normal POS minting.

Just checked DMD diamond and that coin doesn't look healthy at all. 24h trade is only 160k which is below 10k coins. So 24h trade is less than one masternode! Seem's like really unstable coin which could be below 1$ tomorrow. Selling masternode would dump the coin down heavily. put that in perspective it would be same as dumping 726854 bitcoins to market. Although with bitcoin there would be actually buyers in the market.

I feel this is my only big concern about this coin.. Low coin supply and high masternode price could lead only handful of masternodes in long run. Which I feel could be bad for privacy coin?
Have you seen how expensive is a DASH masternode now? Did you see any issues with the dash network yet?

Well dash masternode is 1000 dashcoin, if it was 10x more expensive there probably would be a problems. It's has taken lot of time to dash to get where it is. We can also argue that if dash masternode was 10k from the start it might have died long time ago. Second question is if this coins get to 100$ mark in two months would you keep Phore's masternode or swamp it to dash one? Price would probably be the same? Price point at 200$ you could just buy two dash masternodes. This is the one reason why I'm concern. High masternode price is putting cap into coins market price potential and it would lead low masternode count which could kill privacy coin.
shinep

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:00:12 PM

I feel this is my only big concern about this coin.. Low coin supply and high masternode price could lead only handful of masternodes in long run.

If you look at DMD Diamond, they also have 10k masternodes, and 1 DMD is currently around $18. Yes, this is very expensive and too much for many people, but there are shared masternodes available (same as PHR), and there is also normal POS staking.

Also, the fewer masternodes exist, the higher the reward per masternode. This means ROI will always be high for masternode holders, and should lead to a good balance between masternodes and normal POS minting.

Just checked DMD diamond and that coin doesn't look healthy at all. 24h trade is only 160k which is below 10k coins. So 24h trade is less than one masternode! Seem's like really unstable coin which could be below 1$ tomorrow. Selling masternode would dump the coin down heavily. put that in perspective it would be same as dumping 726854 bitcoins to market. Although with bitcoin there would be actually buyers in the market.

Well dash masternode is 1000 dashcoin, if it was 10x more expensive there probably would be a problems. It's has taken lot of time to dash to get where it is. We can also argue that if dash masternode was 10k from the start it might have died long time ago. Second question is if this coins get to 100$ mark in two months would you keep Phore's masternode or swamp it to dash one? Price would probably be the same? Price point at 200$ you could just buy two dash masternodes. This is the one reason why I'm concern. High masternode price is putting cap into coins market price potential and it would lead low masternode count which could kill privacy coin.
If the price gets too high, the rewards you get from masternodes would keep you in the game.
Why wants to kill the goose which lays golden egg everyday? Smiley
Wigi

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:24:37 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 03:52:16 PM by Wigi

If the price gets too high, the rewards you get from masternodes would keep you in the game.
Why wants to kill the goose which lays golden egg everyday? Smiley

It's simple. If you had million would you buy dash masternode? if not then you would probably sell it for million.
There are multiple reasons to kill the goose. one you could get two goose by killing and selling one, you could get 10 years of worth gold eggs by killing one. Sometimes it's more profitable to kill and sell the goose than waiting next 10 years to get same amount of golden eggs.
It's not why to kill the goose! it more of "it is profitable to kill the goose."?

Don't get me wrong. I really like this project. I really hope to see this project to shine. that's why I wanted to bring out my concern. I would hate to see this project to fail!
NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:31:37 PM

Yes, DMD trade volume is low (which is why the Dev is actually urging people to sell some, which in itself is a pretty strong signal), but my point is DMD is more than four years old and had slow steady growth for most of the time, so quite the opposite of an unstable coin. The Masternode number has also been growing since the introduction of Masternodes, so at least some people seem to be willing to invest quite a lot.

I also disagree that investing in a MN and selling a MN for the same price is the same, if you hold a MN for a long time you know rewards work, are stable etc., and you are also psychologically more invested in the coin, but at the end of the day everyone has their own investment strategy...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
duitiontress

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:53:52 PM

Argh why do I keep missing these obvious investment cases? I will buy a few once the coin hits some of the exchanges I use which it will at some point for certain. Project looks great, but I am so sad I missed the boat which is a master node.
Shanto

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:29:13 PM

Today we welcomed 1 Marketer and 1 Advisor to our team

Portuguese masternode guide and white paper

https://github.com/phoreproject/documentation/blob/master/raw_documents/Phore_White_Paper_PT.pdf
https://github.com/phoreproject/documentation/blob/master/raw_documents/Phore_Masternode_Guide_PT.pdf
Crypto_Wolf85

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:59:03 PM

Wow you guys are growing like crazy Smiley

Congratz an a warm welcome to the new team members!
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:41:12 PM

Argh why do I keep missing these obvious investment cases? I will buy a few once the coin hits some of the exchanges I use which it will at some point for certain. Project looks great, but I am so sad I missed the boat which is a master node.

Dont regret my friend, the space is still young and there are always new investment opportunities showing up. If life closes one door, another one opens. Simple as that.

I did sign up on crpytopia only to buy some PHR, my guess is that it will be way more expensive until it will reach other exchanges.
Wigi

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:05:22 AM

Yes, DMD trade volume is low (which is why the Dev is actually urging people to sell some, which in itself is a pretty strong signal), but my point is DMD is more than four years old and had slow steady growth for most of the time, so quite the opposite of an unstable coin. The Masternode number has also been growing since the introduction of Masternodes, so at least some people seem to be willing to invest quite a lot.

I also disagree that investing in a MN and selling a MN for the same price is the same, if you hold a MN for a long time you know rewards work, are stable etc., and you are also psychologically more invested in the coin, but at the end of the day everyone has their own investment strategy...

Personally I don't see any reason to invest coins like DMD.. low volume which is easy to manipulate. Price that has fixed and would dump if people starts to sell. Probably all the buyers are same people that already have masternode or close to get one or second one. Buying those few extra coins from market etc. There are so many better coins! Example like Phore.

I agree that holdin MN long time would make you psychologically invest. I don't have argue that MN are bad or anything. I think MN's are great and they might be the future of the coins. People are more invest if they have masternodes. Problem is the masternode price. It would break or make the coin. If the price is too cheap it could just lead to the point where 99% of the coins are locked and coin is basically useless. If the price is too high it would lead to price cap and low master node count. I feel that 10k phore is just too expensive and it makes it really hard to get 1b market cap. if we get there, then we have 1 million masternodes. It would be just absurd to think that people would keep them. (unless it takes like 5 years to get there so every masternode have time to generates 2x original amount). Sure you have steady income, but investing a million in this bull market could get you second million in a month! Also you probably wan't to take some of your money out! like buying a house or something.
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:44:56 AM

Now I have a question playing devils advocate here because I really want to get into this coin. The faq mentions phore codebase is based on openbazaar but doesn’t mention pivx. Also the roadmap shows governance and zerocoin as features to be deployed but those are also already in pivx. So as the wallet stands today is anything different than pivx?

fishfishfish313

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:41:21 AM

"Well dash masternode is 1000 dashcoin, if it was 10x more expensive there probably would be a problems. It's has taken lot of time to dash to get where it is. We can also argue that if dash masternode was 10k from the start it might have died long time ago. Second question is if this coins get to 100$ mark in two months would you keep Phore's masternode or swamp it to dash one? Price would probably be the same? Price point at 200$ you could just buy two dash masternodes. This is the one reason why I'm concern. High masternode price is putting cap into coins market price potential and it would lead low masternode count which could kill privacy coin."

Not really. There is another privacy coin where the MN's are much more expensive.

Now I have a question playing devils advocate here because I really want to get into this coin. The faq mentions phore codebase is based on openbazaar but doesn’t mention pivx. Also the roadmap shows governance and zerocoin as features to be deployed but those are also already in pivx. So as the wallet stands today is anything different than pivx?

Phore and PIVX are two different coins. Phore took a solid foundation, (the PIVX codebase) and is expanding in their own direction.  The similarity stops there imo.  

Check out what they are developing and then ask yourself, do each of those coins have different objectives and end goals?  And imo, the answer is a resounding yes.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
crd007

Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:37:26 AM

I have bought some 200 phore's, now I enabled staking via the conf. file and the staking is active according to the small indicator in low right corner.

Under combined balances my PHR amount is shown correct but there are 0.00 locked phores. I though you would have to lock your coins to be staking. Am I actively staking at this moment with no locked coins?

Can anybody answer this? Would be interested too

NoxX

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:40:59 AM

Can anybody answer this? Would be interested too

When you succesfully stake (i.e. find a POS block), the coin pile that found the POS block gets locked until the stake reward matures (50 blocks).

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
crd007

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:42:39 AM

Does it make sense to split the coins into multiple adresses?
So if you have 3000 coins to make 6 adresses with 500 coins each? Or 3 adresses with 1000 coins each?
Or is there no difference?

NoxX

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:46:46 AM

So if you have 3000 coins to make 6 adresses with 500 coins each? Or 3 adresses with 1000 coins each?

Splitting into multiple addresses makes no sense for staking, but if you enable coin control in the settings, you can see the coin pile sizes. It might make sense to split a huge pile into smaller piles, or combine multiple small ones. Currently, the "ideal" pile size for staking is around 800 PHR:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/phr/#!extraction

EDIT: might need to copy paste the URL, the ! is throwing off Chrome...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
crd007

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:50:36 AM

Splitting into multiple addresses makes no sense for staking, but if you enable coin control in the settings, you can see the coin pile sizes. It might make sense to split a huge pile into smaller piles, or combine multiple small ones. Currently, the "ideal" pile size for staking is around 800 PHR:

Yeah thats what I meant. Thanks for the info Smiley

TakeSR20

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:23:49 AM

Interesting. Thanks for this link.

Watching to the parameters I saw addresses receiving +4.2PHR with lower coins than the ones who received +2.8PHR. Why is exactly this? Is because +2.8PHR addresses are staking for a longer period?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: